Australia and NZ tour rumours going around Part 2 (No Bullshit)

Comments

• anthonycalavanthonycalav Posts: 202
    Zoso wrote:
    I'm pumped that KOL are opening for PJ! Ed has the best taste in music cause its exactly the same as mine haha.. 2 of my fav bands playing together!
    tell me about them...where they from...what type of music is it, influences...etc!

2011 - Eddie Vedder Sydney 1
    _____________________________________________________________________________
  • InJuddsTreeInJuddsTree Posts: 377
    ziggidy wrote:
    tell me about them...where they from...what type of music is it, influences...etc!

i dont like to generalise but theyre a part of the sound that came out of the early part of the new millenium (the strokes etc.). theyre pretty good, the singer sounds a bit like roger daltrey of the who.
    Brisbane 8/2/03 -- Adelaide 16/2/03 -- Melbourne 18/2/03 -- Brisbane 10/11/06 -- Brisbane 11/11/06 -- Melbourne 13/11/06 -- Melbourne 14/11/06 -- Adelaide 21/11/06 -- Adelaide 22/11/06 -- Perth 25/11/06

lifewasted.net
  • ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    ziggidy wrote:

they could be described as stoner rock with a southern influence.. crazy solo's with a heavy 70's feel to the band and its vibe. they are from America dont thik they are that big in Australia but big in the UK and America. The are one of the better live bands going around. Check out their 2 top top albums (Aha Shake Heartbreak and youth and young manhood)... Couldnt see how they wont absolutely rock and warm up the crowd before pj burst onstage.
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
    Zoso wrote:
    they could be described as stoner rock with a southern influence.. crazy solo's with a heavy 70's feel to the band and its vibe. they are from America dont thik they are that big in Australia but big in the UK and America. The are one of the better live bands going around. Check out their 2 top top albums (Aha Shake Heartbreak and youth and young manhood)... Couldnt see how they wont absolutely rock and warm up the crowd before pj burst onstage.
    sounds good...cant wait to see them now....

what were u expecting? $90 for a huge international band is very good.
    especially when i paid $240.00 for the eagles (7th Row), $220.00 Motley Crue (5th Row) and $99 for Kiss, in the nosebleeds.

ziggidy wrote:
    sounds good...cant wait to see them now....

I gurantee KOL will get a few more fans after their dates opening 4 PJ here. Just like MMJ will when they open for the boys. Man they have picked great bands for the opening slots this year. 3 out of 4 opening acts are in my top bracket of fav bands.

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
    ziggidy wrote:
    especially when i paid $240.00 for the eagles (7th Row), $220.00 Motley Crue (5th Row) and $99 for Kiss, in the nosebleeds.

motley crue', the eagles, kiss or any shitty band that charges a huge amount for a ticket can kiss my crippled arse!

• Saw this in the rumour pit from September 2004.

"Q: I found the Euro breakdown of TC members in a recent Rumor Pit interesting - was wondering, how many Ten Club members are there in Australia and NZ?? in each South American country?
    A: Aussie 1000, NZ 68, Brazil 71, Argentina 12, Chile 18"

How many do you guys think there are now considering some ppl may have let their memberships lapse and some newbs, like me.
    "So far they have Jeff, Stone and Mike and they're fucking right now trying to get a little Eddie. And if they get to Boom ... we're just gonna keep adding band members. We'll have a horn section ... that's evolution, baby."
    Zoso wrote:
    motley crue', the eagles, kiss or any shitty band that charges a huge amount for a ticket can kiss my crippled arse!
    the only one that was worth it was Eagles...magic that was! i got off nicely, the row infront of me was $600! hehehe

Saw this in the rumour pit from September 2004.

"Q: I found the Euro breakdown of TC members in a recent Rumor Pit interesting - was wondering, how many Ten Club members are there in Australia and NZ?? in each South American country?
    A: Aussie 1000, NZ 68, Brazil 71, Argentina 12, Chile 18"

How many do you guys think there are now considering some ppl may have let their memberships lapse and some newbs, like me.

dont think they would have changed much!

after this album i would expect a climb...already a friend of mine has signed up since the album came out!

• DonJonDonJon Posts: 5,089
    I reckon quite a few would've dropped off over the years but that will be made up quikley as you said Ziggidy.

I joined in Feb? at number 364XXX and someone new the other day had 380 something from memory so thats 20K in 2-3 months
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • threefish10threefish10 Posts: 7,392
    DonJon wrote:
    I reckon quite a few would've dropped off over the years but that will be made up quikley as you said Ziggidy.

I joined in Feb? at number 364XXX and someone new the other day had 380 something from memory so thats 20K in 2-3 months

Yeah i guess they would always get a huge increase around tour times, and then i guess after the tour people just let it lapse, then the next tour they would join again, even though they may lose their number, they would still get better tix then if they got normal public sale tix
    condescending and sarcastic since 1980
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    the kings of leon are an excellent live band. i saw them for the fourth time at enmore in january and they blew me away. i would hate to be following them on, i can tell you.
    but of course the crowd will be there for pearl jam, so they will pale.
    me, i'm as stoked for KoL as i am for PJ. a shit support can ruin your day.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    DonJon wrote:

i joined in 2001 (could have been earlier) i think and my number is 231***...hoepfully that gets me some decent seats!

• threefish10threefish10 Posts: 7,392
    the kings of leon are an excellent live band. i saw them for the fourth time at enmore in january and they blew me away. i would hate to be following them on, i can tell you.

yeah it's about time they had a good support band, Shudder To Think in 98 sucked arse, Johnny Marr impressed me, but still not one of the best i've seen, i wish we got Betchudupa like sydney got as well, they rock!
    condescending and sarcastic since 1980

good 2 see another KOL fan around... Yeah I would hate 2 be PJ coming out after them but in this case most of the crowd wont care for KOL sadly.

• Can someone log onto http://www.blackredyellow.com and find out why i can't access the site, i keep getting a domain registration page instead, yet others can access it fine - can someone please help me out - cheers :)
    www.blackredyellow.com - Posters & Insults
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    It's a shame I won't see Kings of Leon....but I never watch support bands. I always stay outside to get those last few drinks in....
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • PS KOL are awesome - I saw them at the BDO this year - they rock!

And they confirmed the PJ tour for us a few weeks ago, if you were paying attention to their web site:

"Also, details about a tour down under with pearl jam in November coming soon!"
    www.blackredyellow.com - Posters & Insults
  • ziggidy wrote:
    i joined in 2001 (could have been earlier) i think and my number is 231***...hoepfully that gets me some decent seats!

yeh it should do. i have 313*** and in Perth that should get me somewhere in the first 5 rows *fingers crosssed*
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    yeh it should do. i have 313*** and in Perth that should get me somewhere in the first 5 rows *fingers crosssed*
    I joined in about 97 or 98..... got front row at Brisbane last tour..... anyone got an email about tix from TC yet?
  • My number is 193### but that only got me row 9 in Sydney for the Riot Act tour.

I'm guessing there are alot more fanclub members in Sydney...
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    My number is 193### but that only got me row 9 in Sydney for the Riot Act tour.

Yep..... i just checked and my number is 209###...
  • heyjoseheyjose Posts: 503

i didn't think that was the case.. thought there might be more in melb.

row 9 for that number sucks! doesn't sound right at all.

last tour, who noticed the people who had come from the US and were at EVERY show? always had a good spot. im thinking there'll be more this time round too.
    1995: Melbourne 1
    1998: Melbourne 1, 2, 3
    2003: Sydney 1, 2, 3, Melbourne 1, 2, 3
    2006: Sydney 1, 2, Melbourne 1, 2, 3, Sydney 3, Newcastle, Adelaide 1, 2, Perth
    2009: LA 1, 2, Melbourne, Sydney
    2014: Gold Coast, Melbourne, Sydney

• My number is 193### but that only got me row 9 in Sydney for the Riot Act tour.

wow. thats crazy.

heres an estimate of Australian 10C members by state, going by the total number of Aus members (1000), and the population of each state....

WA 103
    SA 82
    VIC 258
    NSW 354
    QLD 203
    total 1000
  • heyjose wrote:
    i didn't think that was the case.. thought there might be more in melb.

row 9 for that number sucks! doesn't sound right at all.

last tour, who noticed the people who had come from the US and were at EVERY show? always had a good spot. im thinking there'll be more this time round too.

I actually got better seats (non 10c) for the third Sydney show, 4th row infact.

I've never been to the Superdome though, so don't know if i'll be further back or closer this time. I'm hoping because the Superdome is bigger i might be closer than the Ent Centre.
  • pjr_porchpjr_porch Posts: 92
    hey all!!

hav i missed much? any moe tour news? date? prices? CC usage??

Judd & the boys r champs, man!!!

PEARL JAM ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!
    VEDDER IS BEDDER THAN SEX

• Lukin_ozLukin_oz Posts: 257

Sydney has more fan club members... Im 210xxx and got row 5 in Melbourne in 2003
    Those who dance are called insane by those who dont hear the music
  • PappasPappas Posts: 809
    i am considering going to at least one melbourne show. who else from adelaide is keen?

Even Flow Psycho Member #039

******Message Pit Australian Tour Members********
    rumour starter President & Member #1

www.myspace.com/pappas99
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    pjr_porch wrote:
    hey all!!

hav i missed much? any moe tour news? date? prices? CC usage??

Judd & the boys r champs, man!!!

PEARL JAM ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey you! :D The dates have been released....did you see that? No official 10club announcement yet....maybe tomorrow. But the Michael Coppel website (the Aussie promoter for PJ) released the dates this morning on his site. Brisbane is Friday, 10 November! Probably a second show on Saturday, 11 November.

Go to ticketek or http://www.coppel.com.au to see...
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
This discussion has been closed.