Australia and NZ tour rumours going around Part 2 (No Bullshit)

Comments

• ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    Well HELLO!!! ;)

At this stage I will probably do the whole tour... it may depend on how the ticketing works out (GA and all that?). May not do Perth, depending on which side of Adelaide the show falls...

On the off chance that the shows are reserved I will still hook you up for Sydney and or Brisbane...

HIIII!!!! :D

I'm just thinking about going to Brisbane -- if Ten Club tickets for both shows, definitely going to both -- if not, have to try and get general public tickets for second Brisbane show. Talk soon once we know more details....
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • GennibeanGennibean Posts: 75
    I think I'll be doing Sydney shows, then fly to Brisbane ($89 one way on Virgin Blue). Then fly to Melbourne ($139) then back to Sydney ($105). I think flying is the way to go. Road trips are fun, but with petrol prices being stupidly high, I think flying is about the same price if not cheaper and a hell of a lot quicker.
    ******* Official Upcoming Australasian Tour Member #74*******
  • Gennibean wrote:
    I think I'll be doing Sydney shows, then fly to Brisbane ($89 one way on Virgin Blue). Then fly to Melbourne ($139) then back to Sydney ($105). I think flying is the way to go. Road trips are fun, but with petrol prices being stupidly high, I think flying is about the same price if not cheaper and a hell of a lot quicker.

Word.......
  • Screw Pearth bring on NZ!!! Perth go show last time we didn't.
  • Yeah I'd also like to know if its gonna be GA or seated?

How do you guys get tix to all shows when they all go on sale at the same time?

This is kinda disappointing - the fact that exams go from 1st to the 17th and half the bloody tour is between those two dates and the concerts outside of those dates will be too far away for me to afford....

I'm ecstatic that they are coming, but for me the times are a bit off.

I hope I get an 10C email through to my hotmail account...wasn't there some problems in the past with hotmail?
    "So far they have Jeff, Stone and Mike and they're fucking right now trying to get a little Eddie. And if they get to Boom ... we're just gonna keep adding band members. We'll have a horn section ... that's evolution, baby."
    Yeah I'd also like to know if its gonna be GA or seated?

How do you guys get tix to all shows when they all go on sale at the same time?

This is kinda disappointing - the fact that exams go from 1st to the 17th and half the bloody tour is between those two dates and the concerts outside of those dates will be too far away for me to afford....

I'm ecstatic that they are coming, but for me the times are a bit off.

I hope I get an 10C email through to my hotmail account...wasn't there some problems in the past with hotmail?

Yeah, they would have to sell out the first concert before they announce the 2nd and 3rd. My experience is sometimes they announce them that morning after a couple of hours, or sometimes they also announce them to go on sale later.

Regarding hotmail account and emails. My emails went to my junk email all the time, but I added the address it's sent from to my hotmail contacts, so it always goes to my inbox now
  • Gennibean wrote:
    Yeah, they would have to sell out the first concert before they announce the 2nd and 3rd. My experience is sometimes they announce them that morning after a couple of hours, or sometimes they also announce them to go on sale later.

Regarding hotmail account and emails. My emails went to my junk email all the time, but I added the address it's sent from to my hotmail contacts, so it always goes to my inbox now

Sweet, thanx!
    "So far they have Jeff, Stone and Mike and they're fucking right now trying to get a little Eddie. And if they get to Boom ... we're just gonna keep adding band members. We'll have a horn section ... that's evolution, baby."
  • longroad1longroad1 Posts: 49
    8 day gap between melb and adelaide, surely they wouldnt fly to perth then.
    Something must be planned for those dates. It would be 3 shows max in melb, then they'd still have excess days.. wonder if they just want to rest or if something is going to happen
  • anthonycalavanthonycalav Posts: 202
    longroad1 wrote:
    Something must be planned for those dates. It would be 3 shows max in melb, then they'd still have excess days.. wonder if they just want to rest or if something is going to happen

HOW ABOUT A TEN CLUB MEMBER SHOW in either Melb or Sydney....Somewhere like the Hifi bar (does that still exist) or Enmore Theatre here in sydney

2011 - Eddie Vedder Sydney 1
    _____________________________________________________________________________
  • longroad1 wrote:

Something has got to happen...
    Gennibean wrote:

So if second show tickets go on sale a few hours after the first show sells out and the second/third show tickets are for ALL for the general public, how the hell do us ten club people know when to ring up and try and get tickets?

Eg Tickets for Show 1 go on sale at 9am.
    I ring up at 9.30am "sorry, Show 1 is still being sold"
    I ring up at 10.00am "sorry, Show 1 is still being sold"
    I ring up at 10.40am "sorry, both shows are now sold out"

:mad:

Get the idea????
  • illegal pantsillegal pants Posts: 13,471
    4th november - 18th november

i have one exam and i won't know what date it falls on for months :eek:

and the enter key on this computer doesn't work :eek:

well radelaide is safe but melbourne... :eek:
    wah
  • Something has got to happen...

NEW ZEALAND DATES!!!
  • illegal pantsillegal pants Posts: 13,471
    Something has got to happen...

10c only show? :o
    wah
    ziggidy wrote:
    HOW ABOUT A TEN CLUB MEMBER SHOW in either Melb or Sydney....Somewhere like the Hifi bar (does that still exist) or Enmore Theatre here in sydney

I'm with you on that idea!!!! :D:D:D:D

I don't care where -- I'll be there -- If they do it, I hope that 2 people can still go per 10 club no....do you think they would??? Or maybe Leigh should join up as well just in case....????
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    So if second show tickets go on sale a few hours after the first show sells out and the second/third show tickets are for ALL for the general public, how the hell do us ten club people know when to ring up and try and get tickets?

Get the idea????

That's why I really hope that 10c get their email to us to let us know. Not sure exactly how it works, but don't 10c give us the option and take our credit card details and store them in case more shows are announced. If no more shows are announced they just wipe our c/c details from their system. Again, I'm really not sure how 10c will work, I hope they let us know real soon. :)

In regards to a 10c show, how many times have they actually done one of these, and if so have any been in Australia in the past?
  • anthonycalavanthonycalav Posts: 202
    ZiggyStar wrote:

Get the idea????

for the second and third american dates, they asked for interest in the other concerts first....giving ten club members a go again.

2011 - Eddie Vedder Sydney 1
    _____________________________________________________________________________
  • Something has got to happen...

Yeah the tour is way too long for what is planned so far...

I posted it before:

1995 tour went for 17 days
    1998 tour went for 19 days
    2003 tour went for 16 days
    2006 tour so far is going for 15 days and Perth hasnt been announced? With that Dec 5th rumour thats 29 days! thats pretty long... Somethings not right.

Would they put Perth in between Melb/Adel? That would be silly flight/time wise, but theres 8 days open for extra Melb concerts??!

Something else has to be going on in there...?
  • InJuddsTreeInJuddsTree Posts: 377
    Well, we finally have dates. And yep, Judd is on the case to create another Tour Website for us, with the help of Dan (PerfectlyUnkept), Linc (TroubledSoul) and Brendan (auslistener1) :)

It will work in a similar way to the 2003 site but be a bit cooler. Better graphics and better navigation. We're in the initial stages of getting it together, so if anyone has any ideas and wants to contribute then let me know by a PM!

The official motto for the Tour is 'The Greatest Fucking Fortnight Ever Known To Man and/or Woman' - or 'TGFFEKTMAOW' (pronounced Tug-fekt-um-ow)
    Brisbane 8/2/03 -- Adelaide 16/2/03 -- Melbourne 18/2/03 -- Brisbane 10/11/06 -- Brisbane 11/11/06 -- Melbourne 13/11/06 -- Melbourne 14/11/06 -- Adelaide 21/11/06 -- Adelaide 22/11/06 -- Perth 25/11/06

lifewasted.net

I posted it before:

2006 tour so far is going for 15 days and Perth hasnt been announced? With that Dec 5th rumour thats 29 days! thats pretty long... Somethings not right.

Would they put Perth in between Melb/Adel? That would be silly flight/time wise, but theres 8 days open for extra Melb concerts??!

U2 is on the 17th and 18th (rumoured dates for U2's reschedule)
    Brisbane 8/2/03 -- Adelaide 16/2/03 -- Melbourne 18/2/03 -- Brisbane 10/11/06 -- Brisbane 11/11/06 -- Melbourne 13/11/06 -- Melbourne 14/11/06 -- Adelaide 21/11/06 -- Adelaide 22/11/06 -- Perth 25/11/06

lifewasted.net
  • bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,092
    NEW ZEALAND DATES!!!
    Do you seriosuly think/want them to come between Melb and Adelaide? It's almost certain they'll play 3 in Melb (so maybe 13,14,15). Doesn't leave much time. They'd be able to play 17, 18, 19 in NZ I suppose. It could work, but I wouldn't count on it, and it would seriously bugger my tour plans!
  • ziggidy wrote:
    for the second and third american dates, they asked for interest in the other concerts first....giving ten club members a go again.

That's the US tho, Not bastard Coppel.

I posted it before:

I don't know if that is that silly. They're probably leaving from the East coast, right? So they'd be heading back that way anyway...
    my guess is this:

Sydney Nov 7
    Sydney Nov 8

Brisbane Nov 10
    Brisbane Nov 11

Melbourne Nov 13
    Melbourne Nov 14
    Melbourne Nov 15 or 16

(U2 Melbourne is Nov 17 and 18 apparently, which the whole country is going to)

Adelaide Nov 21

Perth Nov 24

btw - sorry for the december 5th perth date, my mail was wrong :(

lifewasted.net
  • Yeah... not a bad estimate Judd...
    I can't see them pulling 3 nights at the SuperDome... but you never know!!!
    For mine though... either Perth or NZ would have to go between Melb and Adel...
    Yeah... not a bad estimate Judd...
    I can't see them pulling 3 nights at the SuperDome... but you never know!!!
    For mine though... either Perth or NZ would have to go between Adel and Melb...

ah true. they could shoot over to NZ for 2 shows in between no worries. i just think that the U2 thing is pretty obvious... but who knows!

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=188430

lifewasted.net
    I read on the weekend, U2 are now more likely to come in December. Hope this is true as if it's 17th and 18th, it will definitely clash with PJ.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/music/u2-eye-december-return/2006/05/06/1146335968489.html
  • jemmsjemms Posts: 664
    ITS UP!!! OMG no perth show just yet!! FCK
    OFFICIAL AUSTRALIAN TOUR MEMBER #77

Ten Club (289xxx)

http://www.myspace.com/k_r_y_s_t_i_e

www.rarerecords.com.au =)
  • jemmsjemms Posts: 664
    http://www.coppel.com.au

one show for each state but perth! so far...

whats the go with 10C tix??
    OFFICIAL AUSTRALIAN TOUR MEMBER #77

Ten Club (289xxx)

http://www.myspace.com/k_r_y_s_t_i_e

www.rarerecords.com.au =)
    ah true. they could shoot over to NZ for 2 shows in between no worries. i just think that the U2 thing is pretty obvious... but who knows!

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=188430
    I really think it's pretty unlikely for U2 to be touring simultaneously with PJ. If the 17/18 are correct for U2, when will the other dates be?
This discussion has been closed.