Australia and NZ tour rumours going around Part 2 (No Bullshit)

Comments

• bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,092
    you dont understand. this was the oz tour to end all oz tours. this was EVERY show. this was the whole fucking deal.... :(
    There are worse things in teh world. I've haven't seen them since 98! I'm hanging out!
  • obbleobble Posts: 49
    Some of us have never seen them! Well obviously the rumoured tour dates aren't the same as the real ones, meaning Auckland probably won't get 2 shows. Fingers crossed anyways. I need atleast 3 shows to go to.
    +--+-Official Upcoming Australasian Tour: NZ Leg Chieftain & Member No.6-+--+

**Drop the Leash on my Garden Porch, Downunder 06'**
  • pearlygirlypearlygirly Posts: 48
    They Are Up!!!!!!
    I said YEH!
  • the needle & the damage done
    Bloody superdome....

Kings of Leon confirmed as support though.

Superdome means that there will be less Sydney shows... I reckon we should at least get 2. (Fingers crossed!)
    I said YEH!
  • 'Standby for Perth show'

Aarghh! I cant wait any longer!
    the needle & the damage done
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328

WOO HOO!!!! Leigh's birthday is 9 November -- Brisbane concert is Friday, 10 November!!! PARTY WEEKEND IN BRISBANE!!! :D:D:D
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • oh fuck off!!! there go my plans of multiple shows as well! :mad:
    +--+-Official Upcoming Australasian Tour: Member No.5-+--+
    ~~~~~http://www.myspace.com/breakerfallpj~~~~~

YieldInHiding: "RED DOT is an intermission...not "filler." I hate that word. Filler is what's in a Twinkie."
  • InJuddsTreeInJuddsTree Posts: 377
    fuck. yeh, great idea to tour during a national exam period. The Big Severed Hand Job Tour will have to be sliced in half.
    Brisbane 8/2/03 -- Adelaide 16/2/03 -- Melbourne 18/2/03 -- Brisbane 10/11/06 -- Brisbane 11/11/06 -- Melbourne 13/11/06 -- Melbourne 14/11/06 -- Adelaide 21/11/06 -- Adelaide 22/11/06 -- Perth 25/11/06

lifewasted.net
    Where the fuck is my country!

• GennibeanGennibean Posts: 75
    Strange going from Sydney to Brisbane then Melbourne. Anyway Kings of Leon will kick ass as the support.

I feel for anyone who has exams etc. Hope you guys can work something out!
    ******* Official Upcoming Australasian Tour Member #74*******
    No NZ dates? Oh, come on!
    Tuesday, Nov 7 = Sydney @ Acer Arena

Friday, Nov 10 = Brisbane @ Entertainment Centre

Monday, Nov 13 = Melbourne @ Rod Laver Arena

Adelaide, Nov 21 = Adelaide @ Entertainment Centre

"Stand by for Perth announcement"

Tickets go on sale Friday, 19 May.
  • InJuddsTreeInJuddsTree Posts: 377
    fuck. yeh, great idea to tour during a national exam period. The Big Severed Hand Job Tour will have to be sliced in half.

The Big Severed In Half Hand Job Tour
    Brisbane 8/2/03 -- Adelaide 16/2/03 -- Melbourne 18/2/03 -- Brisbane 10/11/06 -- Brisbane 11/11/06 -- Melbourne 13/11/06 -- Melbourne 14/11/06 -- Adelaide 21/11/06 -- Adelaide 22/11/06 -- Perth 25/11/06

lifewasted.net
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    Oops Too Slow. :)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    The main thing is that the dates are pretty spread out, leaving plenty of room for shows to be added.

Poor old Perth people- how cruel to make you guys wait.
    I said YEH!
  • FingalFingal Posts: 16
    Where's the newcastle date - ahh shit.....off to sydney again - bummer......
  • why are they going from sydeny to brisbane??

Nov 7 - Melbourne Cup day and first week of exams...

BUT they ARE coming
    "When you control the mail, you control... INFORMATION"

'Quis custodiet ipsos custodes'
    Gee it's spread out a lot....do you think they're still going to do multiple shows if the first sells out????
    Poor old Perth? Poor old fucking New Zealand.....again

• The main thing is that the dates are pretty spread out, leaving plenty of room for shows to be added.

Poor old Perth people- how cruel to make you guys wait.

I know! I wonder if this has anything to do with the Perth show being sold through Bocs instead of Ticketek, as happened last time they were down here.
    the needle & the damage done
    obble wrote:
    Poor old Perth? Poor old fucking New Zealand.....again
    Doesn't bother me too much cos I'm going to OZ for sure this time. I'll be pissed off if I can't buy fanclub tix though, but f it, I don't care this time. I can't believe they'd skip us again though so I have to imagine dates will be released later, like Perth...
  • If you book them... they will come.
    Oh yes... they will come.
  • If the skip NZ again I'm gonna cry. And Im pretty sure those dates mess with my course. I'm gonna write to 10C and ask why. Cause I think too small venues is a shitty excuse. Sure it's probably gonna cost them more to get all the gear to NZ but if they had fans in mind they'd be here.
    There is a huge gap between Melbourne and Adelaide but then why wouldn't they say "Stand by for Perth AND New Zealand show announcements". This stinks

• longroad1longroad1 Posts: 49
    Great, Superdome. I cannot stand seeing concerts there.
    Its too big.
    Its like they want to play the biggest possible venue to lessen the amount of shows played.

I can see there only being 2 sydney shows this time, 3 in melb again.
  • PappasPappas Posts: 809
    awesome! how long have we been waiting for this day guys? friggin ages!

i have updated the first post, and will do so again when i get more info

Even Flow Psycho Member #039

******Message Pit Australian Tour Members********
    rumour starter President & Member #1

www.myspace.com/pappas99
    If the skip NZ again I'm gonna cry. And Im pretty sure those dates mess with my course. I'm gonna write to 10C and ask why. Cause I think too small venues is a shitty excuse. Sure it's probably gonna cost them more to get all the gear to NZ but if they had fans in mind they'd be here.

I have messaged Kat to see if she can give me an indication if they are going to be coming or not. Else I need to start saving money and book a flight. Fuck it, I'm just going to go and live in Aussie for 4 months.

This feels like a lifetime partner cheating on you.

obble wrote:
    There is a huge gap between Melbourne and Adelaide but then why wouldn't they say "Stand by for Perth AND New Zealand show announcements". This stinks
    The NZ dates won't be between Melbourne and Adelaide. I guess they may play 3 shows at Rod Laver like 2003, so maybe 13, 14 and 16 or something. Then, well, I don't know about the dates in between. maybe Perth I guess. I suppose they fly home or wherever via East Cost, so they'd have to head back anyway... Not like last time when they headed to Asia. We'll just have to wait and see, but I am more interested in news from the 10C at this stage...
    Pappas wrote:
    awesome! how long have we been waiting for this day guys? friggin ages!

i have updated the first post, and will do so again when i get more info

Well Mr President, it finally happened!!!!

And the dates are great for me -- the day after Leigh's birthday AND Brisbane is on a Friday which means I won't have to take too many days off work!!!! I say YEHHHHHH!!!!! :D
This discussion has been closed.