Options

i understand,but

124»

Comments

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    pjl44 wrote:
    So, if someone comes on here and offers their Binaural up for $84 they are breaking some sort of rule?

Wouldn't we CELEBRATE that person?

Folks now HAVE TO price their stuff to prevent others from flipping? This line of logic is so back assward that it's :lol::lol::lol:

Right? I have seen a few offers that were CLEARLY over face value for tickets. When it comes to merch, though, I don't think you can justifiably police it as long as the original purchase price is at or below the cost of the ticket. If this were Fenway instead of Wrigley and I got shut out, there is a bunch of stuff I'd be happy to part with to get into the show.

There is a bit of a gamble, though, when you're not dealing with tickets in hand. You better feel solid about who you're swapping with because, unlike the larger secondary market, if you get burned there is ZERO safety net.
    now you mention that,i post in another thread..
    there is no way for me to pay someone today list at ebay fanclub tix(we know only he will get them the day of the show) and wait 5 months,a few hours before show out of the venue to expect he will be ok and give it to me..no safety net at all
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Massara133Massara133 Stettler AB Canada Posts: 430
    Massara133 wrote:
    I agree with Dimitri on this one, if you trade your 10c spare for something of greater value than $84 then you've profited and broken 10c rules. Assessing an item (let's say a Binaural LP, that would normally sell for $200) with a lower value is simply turning a blind eye to the obvious. The person who traded the tic for the $84 Binaural could easily flip it for much more.

So, if someone comes on here and offers their Binaural up for $84 they are breaking some sort of rule?

Wouldn't we CELEBRATE that person?

Folks now HAVE TO price their stuff to prevent others from flipping? This line of logic is so back assward that it's :lol::lol::lol:

If someone offers to sell their binaural vinyl for $84 CASH I will celebrate that person and PM them as fast as I can. If they assess their binaural vinyl at $84 (when the market clearly shows it's worth more) for the purpose of obtaining a 10c ticket then they have helped a 10c member profit from their spare 10c ticket. Would the same person that trades the vinyl for the ticket sell that vinyl for $84 cash, I don't think so.

Just to be clear, my concern is the 10c member that is soliciting trades (of higher value) for the 10c ticket. The person assessing the vinyl for $84 is probably a fan that really wants to go to the show. However that fan is helping someone profit from their spare and I don't think that should be supported.
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,067
    Massara133 wrote:
    If someone offers to sell their binaural vinyl for $84 CASH I will celebrate that person and PM them as fast as I can. If they assess their binaural vinyl at $84 (when the market clearly shows it's worth more) for the purpose of obtaining a 10c ticket then they have helped a 10c member profit from their spare 10c ticket. Would the same person that trades the vinyl for the ticket sell that vinyl for $84 cash, I don't think so.

Just to be clear, my concern is the 10c member that is soliciting trades (of higher value) for the 10c ticket. The person assessing the vinyl for $84 is probably a fan that really wants to go to the show. However that fan is helping someone profit from their spare and I don't think that should be supported.

But that's only assuming someone is going to sell the album on the open market upon receiving it. If they are attempting to fill holes in their collection, they are technically still paying a premium on the record based on the cost of their ticket.
  • Options
    I will never understand.
    :P
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    20100108063328!Exploding-head.gif
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    I will never understand.
    :P
    :lol::lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,924
This discussion has been closed.