Options

i understand,but

Comments

• Options
    IrishGuyIrishGuy Posts: 258
    tix is one time use only..

For a memory that will last a life time.
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,109

come on..benny is 10 years lp..u keep it forever,and there is a market out there.sell it,listen,use it,resell it..

For you. Maybe for someone it takes up space in the closet?

And if you miss the concert, it's gone. Not going to happen again. You can always find the LP again.

Personally, I think people should be able to do what they want. I find offering to buy drinks all night and other merch to be more inappropriate then a trade for any item, regardless of current market value.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,713
    It is easy to understand both sides, especially in a utopian mind.

However the world isnt always utopian, and in fact its far from it.

so Im a believer in also saying trade away. A popularity contest is never fun, ask the guy who never got picked for football in high school.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    i understand some points,but people using as argument..the market price of A 10C TIX

There is no such thing..

and thats the fuckin point of the thread

we dont need to make-create one..

and all need to know..84$ is the price for a 10c tix to wrigley..

no tricks and shit trade for cover..

i post already the if 2 people are ok with the trade..i know that already..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:
    It is easy to understand both sides, especially in a utopian mind.

However the world isnt always utopian, and in fact its far from it.

so Im a believer in also saying trade away. A popularity contest is never fun, ask the guy who never got picked for football in high school.
    hasha,,that was a funny exable paul..i know what you mean..
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options

come on..benny is 10 years lp..u keep it forever,and there is a market out there.sell it,listen,use it,resell it..

For you. Maybe for someone it takes up space in the closet?

And if you miss the concert, it's gone. Not going to happen again. You can always find the LP again.

Personally, I think people should be able to do what they want. I find offering to buy drinks all night and other merch to be more inappropriate then a trade for any item, regardless of current market value.
    oh sure..drink,and etc as offer is worst..
    you can buy someone all night drinks,without feeling you own him something..

ok..if the trade involved sex..its tempting.. :lol:
  • Options
    AfghanTwilightAfghanTwilight Rochester, NY Posts: 835
    I'd never trade vinyl for a concert ticket - there's always another show to attend (though the FC doesn't guarantee that any longer). However, if you're like me, you purchased your Binaural(s) at retail originally and didn't pay ANYWHERE near the market prices.

So in that case, what originally cost well under $20 for a record in exchange for a ticket over $80 at face is unfair...to the ticket seller.

It's all in the eye of the beholder. And no, i'd never sell my Binaurals for face. The market is what it is. Always.

Who cares what anyone does with their things? If it's not your cup of tea, order a cup of something else.
  • Options
    deftonesdeftones Athens, Greece Posts: 2,444
    If I put a gun on your head and take you money then we both gonna be happy cause I took the money and you saved your life. Ok this is just a little childish example but this is more or less. Getting my hand on Binaural, or any other vinyl is hard and someone taking advantage of my wish to see the band is not good. Furthermore this could start a new trend here with people not planing to go to a show taking part in the draw, and then if it happens to win they will end up with vinyls and other collectible things in their hand. Who could check that this is not gonna happen?
    ATHENS / 30-9-2006, MANCHESTER / 20-6-2012, MANCHESTER / 21-6-2012, AMSTERDAM / 16-6-2014, AMSTERDAM / 17-6-2014, AMSTERDAM / 12-6-2018, AMSTERDAM / 13-6-2018, PRAGUE / 1-7-2018, KRAKOW / 3-7-2018, BERLIN / 5-7-2018
  • Options
    deftones wrote:
    If I put a gun on your head and take you money then we both gonna be happy cause I took the money and you saved your life. Ok this is just a little childish example but this is more or less. Getting my hand on Binaural, or any other vinyl is hard and someone taking advantage of my wish to see the band is not good. Furthermore this could start a new trend here with people not planing to go to a show taking part in the draw, and then if it happens to win they will end up with vinyls and other collectible things in their hand. Who could check that this is not gonna happen?
    except that i totally agree,this Grek speak better English than me by miles!! :lol:
  • Options
    deftonesdeftones Athens, Greece Posts: 2,444
    deftones wrote:
    except that i totally agree,this Grek speak better English than me by miles!! :lol:
    :lol: any English would look good to you, ask the others about my English... :lol:
    ATHENS / 30-9-2006, MANCHESTER / 20-6-2012, MANCHESTER / 21-6-2012, AMSTERDAM / 16-6-2014, AMSTERDAM / 17-6-2014, AMSTERDAM / 12-6-2018, AMSTERDAM / 13-6-2018, PRAGUE / 1-7-2018, KRAKOW / 3-7-2018, BERLIN / 5-7-2018
  • Options
    deftones wrote:
    deftones wrote:
    :lol: any English would look good to you, ask the others about my English... :lol:
    shit,,i nevr thought of it.. :lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    pdalowsky wrote:
    understand the 'spirit' of the post,

but if people cant do it here it just drives them to ebay....

its a shame people dont take a breath and wait for the ticket prices to tumble nearer the time.

some crazy trades being offered up and i remain convinced when those fall dates drop the arse will fall out of the wrigley demand

Exactly.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    AfghanTwilightAfghanTwilight Rochester, NY Posts: 835
    Koi No Yokan hs all my attention right now.
  • Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,647
    As someone who never got any tickets via the 10C lottery and spent over an hour in the waiting room on Saturday only to be told the show was sold out (while only looking for a single ticket), and being someone who will not pay a scalper money for any tickets what-so-ever and won't win any popularity contest on these forums for someone to sell him a spare GA...

All I have to say is:

You don't get to have it both ways.

How is flipping merchandise any different than flipping tickets?

People come on here and flip merch all the time, and little to nothing is said about it.

People aren't coming on here flipping the tickets. People are offering up trades - as many pointed out, the things they are offering only have a perceived value.

Personally, if I had a spare GA ticket, and someone offered me a $25 vinyl for it, I'd think I was getting ripped off. I'd rather have the $84. But that's just me. If we're not allowed to sell tickets above market value here - why is it any different for merch? To me, that's BS.

I've got many things I could offer to trade for a ticket - like many others around here. Am I gonna do it? No. Should I be allowed to do it if I want? Well... let me put it this way. It'd be perfectly acceptable to take my PJ20 backpack out and offer if up for $300 and someone would probably praise me for giving it such a good price - however try and trade it for an $84 ticket (which is pretty much the equivalent in terms of original price)... that's unacceptable.

It's all just a little too hypocritical for me.

Let people do what they want with tickets - 10C sold them to you, just like all the rest of the stuff you're trading.

Good luck to everyone looking for tickets. I hope you have better luck than I.
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    You can trade and set a reasonable price here for Pearl Jam memorabilia as long as the item is not available elsewhere on the site.

* Flipping is buying items (from Ten Club or merch booth, etc.) with the intent to resell for a profit.

am i read this wrong???

why you guys compare the tix with the merchandise?

ticket policy is away different than merch..

i dont get it..

what cant have both sides..??

trades -sales merch is this forum about..

10c Tickets is a whole different thing.....

i really dont understand why the conversation changing and forget the detail..

there is NO MARKET CALLED 10C TIX..

FACE VALUE IS THE ONLY WAY TO SELL YOUR TICKET.//

AND FACE VALUE IS 84$ FOR WRIGLEY..

NO,lp,no beds,no rides,no date my sister for my spare...
  • Options
    shep wrote:
    As someone who never got any tickets via the 10C lottery and spent over an hour in the waiting room on Saturday only to be told the show was sold out (while only looking for a single ticket), and being someone who will not pay a scalper money for any tickets what-so-ever and won't win any popularity contest on these forums for someone to sell him a spare GA...

All I have to say is:

You don't get to have it both ways.

How is flipping merchandise any different than flipping tickets?

People come on here and flip merch all the time, and little to nothing is said about it.

People aren't coming on here flipping the tickets. People are offering up trades - as many pointed out, the things they are offering only have a perceived value.

Personally, if I had a spare GA ticket, and someone offered me a $25 vinyl for it, I'd think I was getting ripped off. I'd rather have the $84. But that's just me. If we're not allowed to sell tickets above market value here - why is it any different for merch? To me, that's BS.

I've got many things I could offer to trade for a ticket - like many others around here. Am I gonna do it? No. Should I be allowed to do it if I want? Well... let me put it this way. It'd be perfectly acceptable to take my PJ20 backpack out and offer if up for $300 and someone would probably praise me for giving it such a good price - however try and trade it for an $84 ticket (which is pretty much the equivalent in terms of original price)... that's unacceptable.

It's all just a little too hypocritical for me.

Let people do what they want with tickets - 10C sold them to you, just like all the rest of the stuff you're trading.

Good luck to everyone looking for tickets. I hope you have better luck than I.

Genius comment 8-)

Did the people who were able to buy Benaroya Hall originally not hit the lottery in a sense? Just sayin..
    IT'S EVOLUTION BABY!!!!!
  • Options
    deftones wrote:

Wrong, again - you would still have to show up to pick up your tickets. So, if you don't intend to go, picking up tickets would not be attractive unless you are "in the business."

And, again - Dimi - there IS a market. Just because you and the 10C don't want to aknowledge it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

For the record - I'd never do any of this. Hell, most of the time I buy tickets, and give away the extras I bought (and I don't mean just for PJ.) to friends.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    deftones wrote:

Wrong, again - you would still have to show up to pick up your tickets. So, if you don't intend to go, picking up tickets would not be attractive unless you are "in the business."

And, again - Dimi - there IS a market. Just because you and the 10C don't want to aknowledge it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

For the record - I'd never do any of this. Hell, most of the time I buy tickets, and give away the extras I bought (and I don't mean just for PJ.) to friends.
    ok..

where i can buy 10c tix today ..??

please anyone knows to tell me..

cos i found 3000 non 10c tix...and not even one 10c tix out there

and i know you do this things buddy...
    and im not talking people who do stuff to help,.to put good...

someone who try to helps in any way isnt bad..

but no need to let the smart-asses to find the change to fuck the last thing left cant be touched in the forum..

the face value of 10c tickets...

out of here ,alot can happen...

i dont see why need to happen here
  • Options
    ok..

Good point. And as you pointed out before, it's ok to sell if not available elsewhere on the site (realizing tix are special case). So, thank you for making another point for the - keep out of other people's business as long as you aren't charging cash.

Again - Binaural was sold for $35 or whatever on this site. No longer is. Tix were sold on this site for $84 or whatever. No longer is. Seems like the Binaural trader is losing out. What's the issue?
  • Options
    ok..

cos i found 3000 non 10c tix...and not even one 10c tix out there

and i know you do this things buddy...
    and im not talking people who do stuff to help,.to put good...

someone who try to helps in any way isnt bad..

but no need to let the smart-asses to find the change to fuck the last thing left cant be touched in the forum..

the face value of 10c tickets...

out of here ,alot can happen...

i dont see why need to happen here

Ah!!! So you're broader argument is - it's ok, just don't do it here. I've never bought into that notion.

I actually think PJ should charge MARKET prices (there's the phrase again) for their tickets, so they don't have to worry about making silly rules that nobody can legally define.

You sold the tix. Yor make folks pick them up at the box office. You've done your part. Move on.
  • Options
    ok..

Good point. And as you pointed out before, it's ok to sell if not available elsewhere on the site (realizing tix are special case). So, thank you for making another point for the - keep out of other people's business as long as you aren't charging cash.

Again - Binaural was sold for $35 or whatever on this site. No longer is. Tix were sold on this site for $84 or whatever. No longer is. Seems like the Binaural trader is losing out. What's the issue?
    where i can buy binaural for 35?

AGAIN...

ticket policy isnt the same as the merch policy...

am i fuckin talking chinese?

i really dont understand what u guys cant see....

i really would like to see what 10c has to say about it..

its apple and oranges...

is those two the same thing??

maybe is my english
    Welcome to the Pearl Jam Message Pit's trading forum. Please remember that the spirit of the policy here is meant to keep the trading activities on a fan-to-fan and personal basis, not to create a side business.

You can trade and set a reasonable price here for Pearl Jam memorabilia as long as the item is not available elsewhere on the site.

No flipping* posters, or selling illegal items such as illegal bootlegs from bootleggers, homemade CDs and DVDs, items purchased marked "not for resale", etc.

No auctions are allowed. Links to yours or others' eBay auctions or stores are not ok.

No selling of alcoholic beverages is allowed. That includes Faithfull Ale. There are laws and license requirements for that item and we're not equipped to handle it here in the forums.

Please see the Posting Guidelines and Ten Club rules to be sure you are in compliance with all site rules/legalities.

http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=91525
    http://pearljam.com/tos
    http://pearljam.com/privacy

* Flipping is buying items (from Ten Club or merch booth, etc.) with the intent to resell for a profit.

TEN CLUB TICKETS
    Since the beginning of the Ten Club, Pearl Jam has been dedicated to making sure that fans get priority seating whenever possible. Sometimes, there are circumstances beyond our control that limit our ability to do this. But we go to bat for you...and most of the time, we find a way.

TERMS AND CONDITIONS
    Purchasing tickets through the Ten Club pre-sale means you have agreed to the following terms and conditions. Please read carefully before purchasing tickets from the Ten Club.

ELIGIBILITY
    * You must be an active Ten Club member as of the pronounced deadline to be eligible for any current pre-sale opportunity.
    * You cannot purchase a new Ten Club membership or renew an expired membership after the pronounce deadline and be eligible for the current pre-sale. Purchasing a membership or renewal will qualify you for future Ten Club tours announced during your membership year. One membership per individual only.
    * A ticket drawing pre-sale announcement will be emailed to all eligible members. Please add <!-- e --><a href="mailto:donotreply@pearljam.com">donotreply@pearljam.com</a><!-- e --> to your email contact list to help prevent announcements from being filtered as SPAM. Ten Club cannot be held responsible for email providers blocking pre-sale announcements from delivery t your inbox.

PURCHASING TICKETS
    * Ten Club pre-sale tickets will be available online only through a drawing. No phone, e-mail, or mail orders will be accepted.
    * Tickets are sold in pairs only. No single tickets will be sold.
    * Members may enter for one pair per show unless otherwise specified in the tour announcement.
    * Pre-sale tickets are limited. Ten Club does not guarantee tickets for all eligible members regardless of seniority.
    * Pre-sale tickets are purchased through a ticket drawing process.
    * You must use the email address associated with your Ten Club account when entering the drawing otherwise your entry will be considered invalid.
    * Ticket prices will vary.
    * You may use someone else's card to enter the drawing, however only the fan club member may collect the tickets at will call on the day of the show. Unauthorized purchases will not be honored. IMPORTANT: The tickets will be available at the venue ticket window under the MEMBER'S FIRST AND LAST NAME and NOT the name on the credit card. You cannot transfer a Ten Club ticket purchase to any other name besides the name of the registered fan club member whose drawing entry email address matches that of the registered member.
    * We do not guarantee tickets to additional shows which could be added after the official tour announcement, but we will generate an opportunity for members to reserve tickets if possible. Information will be posted on our website if and when this happens.
    * All ticket sales are final. No refunds. No exchanges. No name transfers. No exceptions. Please do not enter for a show you are not certain you can attend.
    * Reselling Ten Club tickets for above face value will result in the revocation of all future ticket privileges.

TICKET DRAWING AND CONFIRMATION*
    * All eligible members will be emailed specific pre-sale drawing instructions.
    * You will be asked for credit card information when entering the drawing. Your card will not be charged at this time. However, by entering your credit card information, your card will be temporarily pre-authorized for the price of the pair of tickets. The funds will be held until the end of the drawing.
    * You will receive a drawing entry confirmation email from immediately after your drawing entry is successfully processed.
    * After the drawing entry window has closed, Ten Club will begin drawing names using a computerized random selection process. Once all names are selected, we will email all members who entered notifying them if they have been selected or not.
    * Members who have been selected will have their cards automatically charged at this time. Those who were not selected will have the ticket authorization voided releasing the funds back to the card.
    * You will receive a follow-up confirmation email from Ten Club, about one week prior to the first show on the tour, with details of how, when, and where to collect your Ten Club tickets.

SEATING
    * Seat location is not revealed until tickets are collected on the day of the show.
    * We reserve the best seats in the house for fan club tickets, starting from the first rows on the floor and extending back. We also reserve the side sections closest to the stage when necessary. All Ten Club tickets are for reserved seating unless otherwise announced.
    * Ten Club tickets are for reserved seating and allocated by membership seniority, with the exception of rows 1-2 and rows 9-10 which will be used for random allocation unless otherwise announced.
    * Group seating is not an option, but your pair of tickets will be seated together.
    * Wheelchair accessible seating is available through the Ten Club pre-sale. If you require ADA seating, please contact us directly at <!-- e --><a href="mailto:tickets@tenclub.net">tickets@tenclub.net</a><!-- e --> with the email subject :Disabled Seating.
    * General Admission tickets purchased through the fan club will allow fan club members early entry into the venue whenever possible. Members will receive wristbands which will authorize early entry. Ten Club reserves the right to make changes to this policy when deemed necessary.
    * Early entry wristbands may only be claimed at the box office by the Ten Club member. No exchanges. No transfers. Any member found selling their early entry wristband will result in the revocation of all future ticket and wristband privileges.

DISTRIBUTION
    * Tickets will be distributed at the venue box office on the day of the show only. We will not mail your tickets in advance of the show. No exceptions.
    * Tickets are pre-determined so arriving at the box office early will not increase your chances of better seats.
    * You must show a government-issued photo ID (driver's license, passport, school ID) to collect your tickets at the box office. No exceptions. It is also helpful, but not necessary, to have your Ten Club member number available for additional verification.
    * The Ten Club member whose account was used to purchase the tickets must be present to collect the tickets on the day of the show. No exceptions.

CAMERA POLICY FOR CONCERT ATTENDEES
    * Small, handheld cameras welcome.
    * No flash in the first 20 rows.
    * No detachable lenses.
    * No professional still or recording cameras.
    * No sticks.
    * No video cameras.

AUDIO RECORDING POLICY FOR CONCERT ATTENDEES
    * Small, handheld recording devices welcome.
    * No feed from board.
    * No large, professional audio equipment.
    * No boom mics.
    * No external mics.

POSTER TUBES
    * For those interested in bringing poster tubes to concerts, we do not recommend this. If you decide to, it is at your own risk. It is usually determined by the venue's security on the day of the show whether they will be allowed inside the venue.

CONTACT US
    * All questions related to the tour schedule and ticketing can be directed to <!-- e --><a href="mailto:tickets@tenclub.net">tickets@tenclub.net</a><!-- e -->. Your e-mail will be answered in the order it was received. Please have patience so we can service everyone with equal respect.
    * All questions regarding your membership or eligibility can be directed to <!-- e --><a href="mailto:info@tenclub.net">info@tenclub.net</a><!-- e -->. Again, please have patience and we will respond to your concerns as soon as we can!
  • Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,647

am i read this wrong???

why you guys compare the tix with the merchandise?

ticket policy is away different than merch..

i dont get it..

what cant have both sides..??

trades -sales merch is this forum about..

10c Tickets is a whole different thing.....

i really dont understand why the conversation changing and forget the detail..

there is NO MARKET CALLED 10C TIX..

FACE VALUE IS THE ONLY WAY TO SELL YOUR TICKET.//

AND FACE VALUE IS 84$ FOR WRIGLEY..

NO,lp,no beds,no rides,no date my sister for my spare...

Whether the 10C wants to acknowledge it or not - there is a market for 10C tickets.

Being the people on this forum who missed out or the scalpers who are in the fan club who will pick up their tickets day of the show and sell them out front of the stadium... This market is small, but it still exists. I've seen it at PJ shows, I've seen it at EV shows... it exists. It is not a figment of my imagination.

To me, the solution for solving this problem is easy:TOUR. If the band actually toured and the market for 10C tickets was massively expanded, this issue wouldn't exist. Nobody would be offering up their vinyl to trade for high-demand tickets. The solution is easy to implement... just conduct an actual tour that allows people to go to the shows.

Tickets are a product, just like merchandise. Their perceived value is once again in the eye of the beholder. If someone says that the ticket is worth a binaural... well, that's their prerogative.

Like Ed here, to me tickets are worth little more than the value of the person who I get to spend the time with and the show itself. When I go to a show with friends that have money, I ask them to pay for it... when I go to a show with friends I know that don't have money... I don't bother to ask. If they ask me how much the ticket costs, I'll tell them to buy me a beer and to have a good time. That's how much a ticket is worth to me.
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    we all asgree buddy..tour...yes..more shows...

and still..waiting..someone to tell me where i can buy 10c tickets in the marker...

there is not any damn market for 10c tix ,than the one we the fans having here..

giving our spare tix to a fan only for face value..

i dont see why..any of you supporting the creation of that market...with the trade cover..
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,109
    i understand some points,but people using as argument..the market price of A 10C TIX

There is no such thing..

The market price of a 10C ticket is $84, correct. Why can't someone trade an item they bought for $35 for it?
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options

There is no such thing..

The market price of a 10C ticket is $84, correct. Why can't someone trade an item they bought for $35 for it?
    he can

sell it for 35 here and add 49 to buy the tic..

im sure you understand what i mean..

i really intresting of 10c saying about it
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    I believe at some point 10c will shut this forum down. Just my thoughts. No insider information. Pure speculation.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    I believe at some point 10c will shut this forum down. Just my thoughts. No insider information. Pure speculation.
    i thought that too
  • Options
    I think they will just rename it

"Flippers Paradise"
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    I think they will just rename it

"Flippers Paradise"
    :lol::lol:
  • Options
    And You want my $0.02 worth?

Why cant people just pay fucking money for a ticket like the rest of us do? Why cant they sit at the computer, with credit card in hand, and get tickets like the rest of us do?

I dont give a fuck if you have a record album from Soldier Field, and you expect to be given 2 concert tickets, for that fucking album. To me that fucking album has the same value as a roll of toilet paper. You want tickets? Go in your fucking wallet and pay for tickets, like the rest of us normal human beings do.

Praise the Lord!
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
This discussion has been closed.