Options

i understand,but

dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
edited February 2013 in Lost Dogs
im one of alot members that still searching for GA tix..

ill be in the venue but i prefer GA..

I see here all the last days ..trades for Wrigley tix..

i got a pm last night,help someone had a lower bowl tix ,and if i know someone want ity and had a seald no code lp for his ticlet...ofcourse i said no..

yeah i know the moto.when 2 people are good with the trade,is not anyone business.

and i see alot try to help others..i know alot about helping other fans..

and trust me,i have alot of merch 2-3 times ,i can trade ..

alot of rare shit too..

but..

when someone gives his lp for the ticket..the lp that cost 200-250$ at market..he fuckin up the spirit of face value at the forum,and the face value of spare 10c tix..,and the helping another fan without flippin-scalpin the 10c tix.

who the fuck will sale his ticket for face,when he knows he can trade it for a binaural lp??that cost 3 times the tix??

please..trade your stuff..dont fuck up the 10c tix spare thing was build all this years here..

tons of friend saw pj live,cos someone help by selling at FACE VALUE ,his spare...

please..dont fuckin ruin the only thing is still face value here in the forum..

just my 2 cents

good luck to all searching for tix..and seeya at Chicago

Dimitris
"...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
"..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
“..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    deftonesdeftones Athens, Greece Posts: 2,444
    please..trade your stuff..dont fuck up the 10c tix spare thing was build all this years here..

tons of friend saw pj live,cos someone help by selling at FACE VALUE ,his spare...

Dimitris
    ...or even for free sometimes...
    ATHENS / 30-9-2006, MANCHESTER / 20-6-2012, MANCHESTER / 21-6-2012, AMSTERDAM / 16-6-2014, AMSTERDAM / 17-6-2014, AMSTERDAM / 12-6-2018, AMSTERDAM / 13-6-2018, PRAGUE / 1-7-2018, KRAKOW / 3-7-2018, BERLIN / 5-7-2018
  • Options
    pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    im one of alot members that still searching for GA tix..

ill be in the venue but i prefer GA..

I see here all the last days ..trades for Wrigley tix..

i got a pm last night,help someone had a lower bowl tix ,and if i know someone want ity and had a seald no code lp for his ticlet...ofcourse i said no..

yeah i know the moto.when 2 people are good with the trade,is not anyone business.

and i see alot try to help others..i know alot about helping other fans..

and trust me,i have alot of merch 2-3 times ,i can trade ..

alot of rare shit too..

but..

when someone gives his lp for the ticket..the lp that cost 200-250$ at market..he fuckin up the spirit of face value at the forum,and the face value of spare 10c tix..,and the helping another fan without flippin-scalpin the 10c tix.

who the fuck will sale his ticket for face,when he knows he can trade it for a binaural lp??that cost 3 times the tix??

just my 2 cents

good luck to all searching for tix..and seeya at Chicago

Dimitris

I think what I got from this is that Dimi wants someone to pay for me to go to Chicago and give me a ticket to the concert :) I think...
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • Options
    deftones wrote:

Dimitris
    ...or even for free sometimes...
    yeah.i know ..i gave my Alpine spares for free..

i saw pj20 movie at Toronto,cos someone gave me a free tix.. alot of exables..
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    pjfan31 wrote:

I think what I got from this is that Dimi wants someone to pay for me to go to Chicago and give me a ticket to the concert :) I think...
    i m trying my best for you!! :)
  • Options
    pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    pjfan31 wrote:

i m trying my best for you!! :)

Thanks D... will get there one day... maybe in the 'fall' dates... :)
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,713
    understand the 'spirit' of the post,

but if people cant do it here it just drives them to ebay....

its a shame people dont take a breath and wait for the ticket prices to tumble nearer the time.

some crazy trades being offered up and i remain convinced when those fall dates drop the arse will fall out of the wrigley demand
  • Options
    juddboz80juddboz80 Posts: 2,141
    edited February 2013
    pdalowsky wrote:

its a shame people dont take a breath and wait for the ticket prices to tumble nearer the time.

some crazy trades being offered up and i remain convinced when those fall dates drop the arse will fall out of the wrigley demand

Nicely said....if i had a spare ticket id rather it go to a 10 club member than someone on ebay.....with that being said i think too many people are seeing the demand and realizing they can make a quick buck....its a bad deal for the truest fans!
    Cant buy what i want cause its free....
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:

yes..Paul,but

you can list to ebay 10c tix..you know that..will be reported right away..

noone will sell his GA here for face with this new style of trade..will wait for the best offer

he can wait 5 months to find the best offer..

and im not worry about myself at all..m worried for the people arent active at the forum or facebook and the ones dont know alot of fans..and the only way to find tix for face value is the forum..
    its the only thing left that is untouched ..10c tix onloy face value..need to keep it that way
  • Options
    juddboz80 wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:

Nicely said....if i had a spare ticket id rather it go to a 10 club member than someone on ebay.....with that being said i think too many people are seeing the demand and realizing they can make a quick buck....its a bad deal for the truest fans!
    sure..and good for you..

but others find it tempting that can do it here under the "cover" as trade...

cos no one here will say,i have a 10C GA Tix,im selling it 250$

and if u get a binaural lp for it,is like yo sold it for 250$ than 84 $ which is the face value..
    but all good...was a trade...
  • Options
    deftonesdeftones Athens, Greece Posts: 2,444
    pdalowsky wrote:

But isn't it that means that ebay and Lost Dogs are becoming almost the same? Is there really a difference if you are selling something worth 80usd for 200-300 to ebay or trade the same item here for something worth 200-300 ?
    ATHENS / 30-9-2006, MANCHESTER / 20-6-2012, MANCHESTER / 21-6-2012, AMSTERDAM / 16-6-2014, AMSTERDAM / 17-6-2014, AMSTERDAM / 12-6-2018, AMSTERDAM / 13-6-2018, PRAGUE / 1-7-2018, KRAKOW / 3-7-2018, BERLIN / 5-7-2018
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:

yes..Paul,but

noone will sell his GA here for face with this new style of trade..will wait for the best offer

and im not worry about myself at all..m worried for the people arent active at the forum or facebook and the ones dont know alot of fans..and the only way to find tix for face value is the forum..
    its the only thing left that is untouched ..10c tix onloy face value..need to keep it that way

Oh yes that all makes sense Dimi,

the only thing to counter that is that the face value sales tend to be a popularity contest.....and theres way too many people looking for them than exist.

it doesnt make it right at all - i realise that and agree with what you say, but the guy desperate for a GA who doesnt come here much or maybe just doesnt post much will struggle to get a face value ticket unless he makes it interesting.

sad I know, but thats reality.

but i agree - that stuff should be taken elsewhere as it does contravene the rules here and ive seen kat and sea take down a few of those threads already.
  • Options
    deftones wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:

But isn't it that means that ebay and Lost Dogs are becoming almost the same? Is there really a difference if you are selling something worth 80usd for 200-300 to ebay or trade the same item here for something worth 200-300 ?
    yep..and thats the trick here...

under the cover of trade ,actually you flippin the tix,but the same time you arent..

and most important..

at ebay you CANT say at description its 10C tix...you know you will be in trouble..
    same as here,cant post you selling your spare 250$

but with trade???

you cheating,with out cheating...
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:

yes..Paul,but

Oh yes that all makes sense Dimi,

the only thing to counter that is that the face value sales tend to be a popularity contest.....and theres way too many people looking for them than exist.

it doesnt make it right at all - i realise that and agree with what you say, but the guy desperate for a GA who doesnt come here much or maybe just doesnt post much will struggle to get a face value ticket unless he makes it interesting.

sad I know, but thats reality.

but i agree - that stuff should be taken elsewhere as it does contravene the rules here and ive seen kat and sea take down a few of those threads already.
    yep..i saw one actually too get locked and thought to open the thread..

and all started when someone offer his GA not for money,but something else..

then others offer their lp..

others will offer posters..etc,.,will not end..

and someone got cash only ,will have to go to scalpers..cos no way to finf here face value..

tix is the only thing is clear st rules..face value...
  • Options
    juddboz80 wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:

sure..and good for you..

but others find it tempting that can do it here under the "cover" as trade...

cos no one here will say,i have a 10C GA Tix,im selling it 250$

and if u get a binaural lp for it,is like yo sold it for 250$ than 84 $ which is the face value..
    but all good...was a trade...

circular arugument as is often seen here but many Binaurals sold at $35.
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:

This ^^^^

And, not everyone has tons of friends on the site, so trading is the only way to go. Dimi, I'm usually with you, but on this one, it just sounds like you want a leg up b/c you have more friends. I know that's not what you mean or are even remotely about, but value of an inanimate object is in the eye of the beholder. If someone trades a Binaural for a ticket, doesn't that de facto make it the value of the ticket? You can't argue that it is WORTH more on the open market, as the ticket would be worth WAY, WAY more on the open market. Technically there's a rule you can't buy something in the 10C store then re-sell. How's the policing of that going? You can't have it both ways.

Sorry, as long as folks aren't breaking the "law" (sell the ticket for over face), let folks do what they want. A Binaural is worth what folks will assign it's value. If it's an $84 ticket, then so be it. Who are we to say otherwise?

I honestly hope and believe you will get your GA ticket. You do so many nice things around this parts, I find it hard someone won't have one for you, but I think this OP is misguided. Good luck with your ticket search.

(And by the by, couldn't one argue, playing devil's advocate, that all the nice things you do here hold some intrinsic "value," so when you get your ticket from someone who rightfully thinks you're a super nice guy, that what you've traded - your good will - is worth 1 million times more than the face of the ticket?)

I do apologize in advance if I've offended you or anyone else. Just laying the argument out there. (And I do agree with you and others that some of these trades are foolhardy, but whatever. None of my business).
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    I see all sides here.

But one fallacy in your argument, Dimitris, is that you are using the MARKET value of whatever trade item people are offering up against the FACE value of the ticket. I realize that is because that is the rule here -- don't sell tickets over face value -- and it's a good rule.

(It's a shame that it doesn't apply to vinyl, posters, beach towels, calculators, bobbleheads, shoes, etc. as well. I mean, if you're going to make a rule like that for one type of sale, shouldn't it apply to other sales? But I digress, and Lost Dogs most certainly would not exist if that were the case anyway.)

Back to the point: As another poster mentioned, some folks are getting a ticket that went for a FACE value of $84 for some item they bought at FACE/RETAIL value for $15 or $30 some years/months back.

When people start to look at the MARKET value of the tickets -- well, that's when all this stuff starts. People see crap seats going for ridiculous amounts of money in the MARKET. They don't have that kind of cash laying around, and they have no faith in other 10 Club members (understandable after all the vitriol that has been in the forum lately) to sell any extras at FACE value (especially when they sell $15 FACE value records for $300 MARKET value, but I digress). So they start to go through their collections to see what they can offer to get into this show.

It's a shame, and some good people who were willing to pay face will be left without tickets. But some good people -- people who just don't think they have the cash -- will get into the show also. And chances are, they've had that record on the shelf, that poster in the tube, those shoes in the box for years. If they can get those items into the hands of folks who will spin them, frame them, wear them for a ticket to a concert that they didn't really see any other way of attending, well, it's hard to find anything wrong with that.

I do think that the trade-for-tickets threads should continue to be locked, though -- not because I totally disagree with it but because it's a violation of the "only sell tickets at face value" rule. A rule is a rule is a rule. And like I said, I believe that this is a good rule.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,109
    Why is it ok to look at current market price of the LPs but not the tickets?
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:

This ^^^^

And, not everyone has tons of friends on the site, so trading is the only way to go. Dimi, I'm usually with you, but on this one, it just sounds like you want a leg up b/c you have more friends. I know that's not what you mean or are even remotely about, but value of an inanimate object is in the eye of the beholder. If someone trades a Binaural for a ticket, doesn't that de facto make it the value of the ticket? You can't argue that it is WORTH more on the open market, as the ticket would be worth WAY, WAY more on the open market. Technically there's a rule you can't buy something in the 10C store then re-sell. How's the policing of that going? You can't have it both ways.

Sorry, as long as folks aren't breaking the "law" (sell the ticket for over face), let folks do what they want. A Binaural is worth what folks will assign it's value. If it's an $84 ticket, then so be it. Who are we to say otherwise?

I honestly hope and believe you will get your GA ticket. You do so many nice things around this parts, I find it hard someone won't have one for you, but I think this OP is misguided. Good luck with your ticket search.

(And by the by, couldn't one argue, playing devil's advocate, that all the nice things you do here hold some intrinsic "value," so when you get your ticket from someone who rightfully thinks you're a super nice guy, that what you've traded - your good will - is worth 1 million times more than the face of the ticket?)

I do apologize in advance if I've offended you or anyone else. Just laying the argument out there. (And I do agree with you and others that some of these trades are foolhardy, but whatever. None of my business).

what are you talking about..no offence..we having a conversation..no problem,that why i open the thread to talk about it

and thats im saying but from different ancle..
    me having friends,isnt difficult to find tix..
    i already have alot offers,and already pass them and hook up people..
    especially at facebook..more people doing stuff there than the forum..
    but people dont know anyone..dont have merch..nort facebook,how they will find tix here??
    if someone post here i have a spare face value ..in one minute will get 10 pm..
    and a ticket goes to a fan face value..

but trade??

he can put a list of lp and poster and pick the best offer,,right?

now,under the cover of trade..there is a chance,someone makes profit of it..right??
    \even one do it,is wrong..

and rules are clear..you can email 10c about it..

you can sell your spare 10c tix,cos 10c sales them as pair,and not all want pairs,for face value only

seriously,we need to secure this as fans..10c ticket selling from fans to fans only for face value..
  • Options
    there is only one price for 10C TIX at the market...

184$ pair.;.half for one..

there is no other market price anywhere else..

im talikng only about 10c tix

you cant control the ones bought at public sale
  • Options
    dankind wrote:
    I see all sides here.

But one fallacy in your argument, Dimitris, is that you are using the MARKET value of whatever trade item people are offering up against the FACE value of the ticket. I realize that is because that is the rule here -- don't sell tickets over face value -- and it's a good rule.

(It's a shame that it doesn't apply to vinyl, posters, beach towels, calculators, bobbleheads, shoes, etc. as well. I mean, if you're going to make a rule like that for one type of sale, shouldn't it apply to other sales? But I digress, and Lost Dogs most certainly would not exist if that were the case anyway.)

Back to the point: As another poster mentioned, some folks are getting a ticket that went for a FACE value of $84 for some item they bought at FACE/RETAIL value for $15 or $30 some years/months back.

When people start to look at the MARKET value of the tickets -- well, that's when all this stuff starts. People see crap seats going for ridiculous amounts of money in the MARKET. They don't have that kind of cash laying around, and they have no faith in other 10 Club members (understandable after all the vitriol that has been in the forum lately) to sell any extras at FACE value (especially when they sell $15 FACE value records for $300 MARKET value, but I digress). So they start to go through their collections to see what they can offer to get into this show.

It's a shame, and some good people who were willing to pay face will be left without tickets. But some good people -- people who just don't think they have the cash -- will get into the show also. And chances are, they've had that record on the shelf, that poster in the tube, those shoes in the box for years. If they can get those items into the hands of folks who will spin them, frame them, wear them for a ticket to a concert that they didn't really see any other way of attending, well, it's hard to find anything wrong with that.

I do think that the trade-for-tickets threads should continue to be locked, though -- not because I totally disagree with it but because it's a violation of the "only sell tickets at face value" rule. A rule is a rule is a rule. And like I said, I believe that this is a good rule.
    got you buddy..

and that the small-huge detail..

there is NO MARKET FOR 10C TIX.....

you cant sell, at any market your 10C TIX..

you cant put at stub,ebay,anywhere that you selling your 10c tix..

and if you do over face value..directly someone will report you and u get in trouble

there 2-3k tickets right now out there

ismthere any of them saying 10c tix???

no way..
  • Options
    what are you talking about..no offence..we having a conversation..no problem,that why i open the thread to talk about it

but people dont know anyone..dont have merch..nort facebook,how they will find tix here??

but trade??

now,under the cover of trade..there is a chance,someone makes profit of it..right??

you can sell your spare 10c tix,cos 10c sales them as pair,and not all want pairs,for face value only

seriously,we need to secure this as fans..10c ticket selling from fans to fans only for face value..

Yeah. I gotta get into this Facebooky thing you speak of. :lol:

So how do you sell a face ticket when you get 10,000 PM's?

And honestly, how easy is it to "sell" your Binaural to someone for $82 or whatever the face is, then turn around and buy their ticket for face?

I don't think what you're suggesting solves a problem. I think it causes a BIGGER problem.

Eh. I'm of the mind let folks do what they want. If 10C allowed singles to be sold, some (not all) of this would be eliminated. You can't demand folks buy MORE than they need then chastise them for getting rid of it.

The world doesn't work how we tell it to.
  • Options

That's not true. Just b/c you make a "law" it does not eliminate the market.

Are you saying there is no market for Cocaine in the US?
  • Options
    glorifiedmeglorifiedme indiana Posts: 85
    AMEN, dimi.... You had better believe that if I had a spare, I would rather it go to to a 10c member than anyone else. That being said, I'd either trade fairly, give it away, or sell it for face value (or even less) depending on the situation.

Lately, I haven't been seeing the same camaraderie that has kept me here for so long. We used to be like a huge family- everyone helps everyone. Now there are a few that are almost ruining that bond for a lot of us.

Honestly, I'm one of the many that was shut out of 10c tix and the public sale. I'm looking for 3 tix. Anywhere, together or separate. I refuse to pay $500 or $5000, especially to those brokers and scalpers that are just trying to make a buck. I'll give face value, plus throw in dinner and drinks. I need to be there to see my favorite band, in my favorite place, with my favorite people. And one way or another, I will be. ;)
    i have wished for so long, how i wish for you today...

6/27/1998, 10/08/2000, 5/16/2006, 6/29/2006, 8/23/2009, 8/24/2009, 5/07/2010,(EV)-6/29/11, (EV)-7/01/11, (PJ20)-9/3/11, (PJ20)-9/4/11....
  • Options
    AMEN, dimi.... You had better believe that if I had a spare, I would rather it go to to a 10c member than anyone else. That being said, I'd either trade fairly, give it away, or sell it for face value (or even less) depending on the situation.

Lately, I haven't been seeing the same camaraderie that has kept me here for so long. We used to be like a huge family- everyone helps everyone. Now there are a few that are almost ruining that bond for a lot of us.

Honestly, I'm one of the many that was shut out of 10c tix and the public sale. I'm looking for 3 tix. Anywhere, together or separate. I refuse to pay $500 or $5000, especially to those brokers and scalpers that are just trying to make a buck. I'll give face value, plus throw in dinner and drinks. I need to be there to see my favorite band, in my favorite place, with my favorite people. And one way or another, I will be. ;)

I don't get this. Why if 2 folks agree on a trade it's not "camaraderie?" It's only friendly here if we do what you expect/desire?

And, you just offered over face - how is dinner and drinks not > Binaural? Are you offering MickeyD's?
  • Options

but trade??

Yeah. I gotta get into this Facebooky thing you speak of. :lol:

So how do you sell a face ticket when you get 10,000 PM's?

And honestly, how easy is it to "sell" your Binaural to someone for $82 or whatever the face is, then turn around and buy their ticket for face?

I don't think what you're suggesting solves a problem. I think it causes a BIGGER problem.

Eh. I'm of the mind let folks do what they want. If 10C allowed singles to be sold, some (not all) of this would be eliminated. You can't demand folks buy MORE than they need then chastise them for getting rid of it.

i hear ya..
    i doint know..some people saying here,the none sent the first pm..i dont know you choose that
    the thing is to choose to sell it face value..84$

and if u trade with a binaural.and u post selling it for 160$..u will get 20000 pm

and u just like that,double the price of the 10c tix

again..im talking about 10c tix..not public sales..cant control public sales.//+
    10c can be given only the day of the show..

sharing your fan club tix with another member has the meaning as well,not making profit..
  • Options
    And, you just offered over face - how is dinner and drinks not > Binaural? Are you offering MickeyD's?
    lol..

you see?

im sure someone will offer his wife to get rife of her

and AGAIN....

10C TIX.....im talking about..the ones bought from 10c ..here only..

and there is NO market out there for 10c tix..
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,109

Right, and $184 is way more $ then someone may have purchased .... Benny LP set for example.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options

Right, and $184 is way more $ then someone may have purchased .... Benny LP set for example.
    come on..benny is 10 years lp..u keep it forever,and there is a market out there.sell it,listen,use it,resell it..
    tix is one time use only..
  • Options
    I still am on the side that if two sides are happy, the trade is okay. I know a rule is a rule and if I was in this boat, I would just go around the rule like someone mentioned above. I would sell my Binaural for $84, then turn around and buy the tickets for $84 from the same person. Two separate transaction, and I didn't break any rules. In fact, I did a good thing. I just hooked up a fan for an $84 Binaural, and I got a fantastic ticket for face value.

I know people will think this is just going around the rule and that it is cheating, but in the end, both parties are happy and no rules were technically broken.

Joey
  • Options

BINGO
This discussion has been closed.