Options

i understand,but

Comments

• Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    I believe at some point 10c will shut this forum down. Just my thoughts. No insider information. Pure speculation.
    i thought that too

That would be a shame.

A lot of good has come from this forum. Money raised for OYR, holy grails, medical bills, and other noble causes.

Also, I, for one, like trading, and that's not something you can do on eBay. I don't think I have ever bought or sold anything on Lost Dogs (exception being mystery sales because those are kinda fun). One reason being I'm broke as a joke; another reason being I just have scruples. Maybe it's this.

Anyway, it would be sad for me to see trades end.

Stuff for sale would just wind up on eBay, which is fine with me. Same prices here as there, and everyone looking here is also looking there anyway.

Money could be raised in other threads for worthy causes in other forums, though, I suppose.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dougfloyddougfloyd Fishers, IN Posts: 2,544
    And You want my $0.02 worth?

Why cant people just pay fucking money for a ticket like the rest of us do? Why cant they sit at the computer, with credit card in hand, and get tickets like the rest of us do?

I tried, I yelled at tickets.com to just take my fucking money on Saturday and they wouldn't do it! :lol:
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
  • Options
    dougfloyd wrote:

Why cant people just pay fucking money for a ticket like the rest of us do? Why cant they sit at the computer, with credit card in hand, and get tickets like the rest of us do?

I tried, I yelled at tickets.com to just take my fucking money on Saturday and they wouldn't do it! :lol:
    Ill trade you 1 box of Twinkies and a Pearl Jam sticker for your GA seats. Because I am too damned important to be sitting in Lower Bowl. I would also appreciate if you picked me up at the airport, preferably in a stretch limo. Plus I like to eat, so you better bring some extra cash with you. And dont forget I will drink at least S200 worth of booze at the show. Fuck it, just bring your credit card with at least $2000.00 available on it, because I want 4 posters, 2 hoodies and some more stickers.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    dougfloyd wrote:

Ill trade you 1 box of Twinkies and a Pearl Jam sticker for your GA seats. Because I am too damned important to be sitting in Lower Bowl. I would also appreciate if you picked me up at the airport, preferably in a stretch limo. Plus I like to eat, so you better bring some extra cash with you. And dont forget I will drink at least S200 worth of booze at the show. Fuck it, just bring your credit card with at least $2000.00 available on it, because I want 4 posters, 2 hoodies and some more stickers.

You had me at Twinkies!
    Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dougfloyd wrote:

You're giving up those twinkies?? After how much they were going for on ebay???? :lol::lol::lol:
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2018 - Wrigley
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    dougfloyd wrote:
    [

You're giving up those twinkies?? After how much they were going for on ebay???? :lol::lol::lol:
    are those limited edition??
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    dougfloyd wrote:

I saved one box, just so I could trade for Pearl Jam tickets!
    :lol::lol::lol::lol:
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    dougfloyd wrote:

Back off, man! PM sent!

P
    M

S
    E
    N
    T
    !
    !
    !
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind wrote:
    dougfloyd wrote:

Back off, man! PM sent!

P
    M

S
    E
    N
    T
    !
    !
    !
    :lol::lol::lol::lol:
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,647

I dont give a fuck if you have a record album from Soldier Field, and you expect to be given 2 concert tickets, for that fucking album. To me that fucking album has the same value as a roll of toilet paper. You want tickets? Go in your fucking wallet and pay for tickets, like the rest of us normal human beings do.

Praise the Lord!

Many of us tried to do this. And walked away empty handed - despite there being ~41k worth of tickets to be sold. I was looking for 1 ticket, and I got nothing.

I am not willing to go to someone reselling tickets on a third party site, under any circumstances. I will not support them. I believe these people need to get a real fucking job, not take advantage of people to make a living. People like this are the plague of this planet. Everybody wants maximum return for minimal work, and scalpers acheive this by being the scum of the universe.
    i understand some points,but people using as argument..the market price of A 10C TIX

There is no such thing..

and thats the fuckin point of the thread

we dont need to make-create one..

and all need to know..84$ is the price for a 10c tix to wrigley..

no tricks and shit trade for cover..

i post already the if 2 people are ok with the trade..i know that already..

The market price of a 10C ticket is $84, correct. Why can't someone trade an item they bought for $35 for it?
    he can

sell it for 35 here and add 49 to buy the tic..

im sure you understand what i mean..

i really intresting of 10c saying about it

The problem with this is that the perceived market value of any ticket for this show, at this point anyway, is above the face value of the ticket.

At this point, you're not going to find too many tickets, especially GA, that someone is going to let go for face value. Let's be truthful. The 10C members that had them, and were willing to do this with their spare already let it go to someone on the board that they like, or traded it for something they needed in return.

Like that guy that advertised his spare saying he needed a place to stay in chicago and a traveling companion. When I PMed him about it, he basically said that if I didn't have a place to share for him to sleep, he wasn't interested...

Fact is, to find anymore GA's between now and the show date your either going to have to (1) offer something unique the seller can't get elsewhere - which BTW, is not cash - or (2) have someone lose their traveling companion a couple of weeks before the show.

Other than that, you can forget about finding any more generous souls to sell their extra GA or lower bowl at face.... why take it to the message board to sell at face value (unless you're a true believer that posts here daily), when you can pick it up at the venue, walk 3 blocks away and sell it to a scalper for 4 x what you paid for it? Lots of people pretend to be high and mighty, but once they are not around the club members, they'll resort to whatever means necessary.

People offering items of perceived high value will be pretty much the only way to get the tickets at this point - barring dealing with a scalper for an insane amount of money on the day of the show.
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    shep wrote:
    Like that guy that advertised his spare saying he needed a place to stay in chicago and a traveling companion. When I PMed him about it, he basically said that if I didn't have a place to share for him to sleep, he wasn't interested...
    about that bullshit im talking about..to keep this shits away from fans..

shep wrote:
    Other than that, you can forget about finding any more generous souls to sell their extra GA or lower bowl at face....

is the only thing i still believe in...that there are still people like that...

and im pissed i find more of them in facebook,than here at the official forum
  • Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,647
    shep wrote:
    about that bullshit im talking about..to keep this shits away from fans..

shep wrote:
    Other than that, you can forget about finding any more generous souls to sell their extra GA or lower bowl at face....

is the only thing i still believe in...that there are still people like that...

and im pissed i find more of them in facebook,than here at the official forum

well at least you're finding them.

I don't do the facebook thing anymore... had a couple of bad experiences with social circles and privacy issues... now I just have it so that I can monitor when people tag me in things... all my security settings are locked down and I only log in once every now and then... I think last time I logged on was in december or sometime before that... :lol:
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    AfghanTwilightAfghanTwilight Rochester, NY Posts: 835
    People are going insane to be at these two shows and there isn't even a new album to tour in support of yet.
  • Options
    arqarq Posts: 7,935
    Just my 2 cents
    stock-photo-225346-give-your-two-cents-worth.jpg
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • Options
    arq wrote:
    Just my 2 cents
    stock-photo-225346-give-your-two-cents-worth.jpg
    2 cents buddy need toi ne traded with 2 cents\!!!lol

and not a GA with airticket and hotel room...

this shit will fuck up the 10c tix community ..dont tell me guys i didnt said it
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    People will find a way to get there. It's 5 fucking months from now. Remember talking to a lot of PJ20 attendees last year and heard many a story about finding ways to get to the show.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    People will find a way to get there. It's 5 fucking months from now. Remember talking to a lot of PJ20 attendees last year and heard many a story about finding ways to get to the show.
    i agree,let them find it out of the forum...

if people dont realise that the next time,will be them in need for a tix,or next time will be the lucky ones scored lottery and offer the tix only face value to help someone shut out, then i dont have anything else to say,than we are the same if not worst than fliebay or stubscam eveyone blames..
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,109

if people dont realise that the next time,will be them in need for a tix,or next time will be the lucky ones scored lottery and offer the tix only face value to help someone shut out, then i dont have anything else to say,than we are the same if not worst than fliebay or stubscam eveyone blames..

And most people here are exactly that.

As I've said before, if I hd an extra GA, I'd sell it to you for face.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options

And most people here are exactly that.

As I've said before, if I hd an extra GA, I'd sell it to you for face.
    thanks..

but really,we can do better..i know there are alot good people here helping..

anyway,i said my opinion,you cant say to others what to do,i hope people realise how important are the 10c it for face
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,009
    pdalowsky wrote:
    i remain convinced when those fall dates drop the arse will fall out of the wrigley demand
    I agree 100%
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    LukinFan wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:
    i remain convinced when those fall dates drop the arse will fall out of the wrigley demand
    I agree 100%
    and i hope they play the south!!!!!!!
  • Options
    LukinFan wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:
    I agree 100%

I hope so!
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2018 - Wrigley
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,009
    LukinFan wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:
    I agree 100%
    and i hope they play the south!!!!!!!
    I've given up hope on a show for 2013. It's all good though. I had a killer PJ 2012!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,713
    A recap for anyone who cant be bothered to read the 6 pages up to here

the vast majority support the notion of the ticket being a tradable commodity, (however scalping is frowned upon)

Its seemingly against the rules here.

Dimitris is passionately opposed to anything other than $84.

There is much debate about why merch is considered at market value rather than its original price yet tickets are only assessed at their issue price.

oh and GA tickets appear to be like Gold dust.
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:

the vast majority support the notion of the ticket being a tradable commodity, (however scalping is frowned upon)

There is much debate about why merch is considered at market value rather than its original price yet tickets are only assessed at their issue price.

good one Paul..

+ isnt only how i see that things must be,and i feel its the right thing to do..
    but clearly seems to me ,after i found some similar thread ,is the rules of 10c
    : My sealed vinyl for your 1 GA Wrigley.
    by Sea » 11 Feb 2013 10:02

See the Posting Guideline lines. face value only
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:

good one Paul..

+ isnt only how i see that things must be,and i feel its the right thing to do..

Not to re-ignite this b/c Paul was spot on - but why isn't an $84 valuation of a record the same as the face of the ticket? Bartering has existed LONG before dollar bills. As a matter of fact, cash currency isn't even a gov't operation (technically) in the US. I don't see in the posting guidelines - CASH ONLY!!!!! Face VALUE is just that - VALUE.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:

good one Paul..

Not to re-ignite this b/c Paul was spot on - but why isn't an $84 valuation of a record the same as the face of the ticket? Bartering has existed LONG before dollar bills. As a matter of fact, cash currency isn't even a gov't operation (technically) in the US. I don't see in the posting guidelines - CASH ONLY!!!!! Face VALUE is just that - VALUE.
    i have my opinion..i post it..

people have different opinion..seems its better for them

im cool with that..people can do what ever they want..i clearly am against trades for 10c tix..
    cos will fuck up the whole sharing your spare and people will sell 1oc tix to the biggest bidder-offer trade...

and i care less for my self..ill find tix ,...others here will have problem..

and in the end isnt our call..i just saw Sea post..sure she knows better than anyone if trades are ok for 10c tix or not..

and for a last time...

THERE IS NO MARKET FOR 10C TICKETS
  • Options
    Massara133Massara133 Stettler AB Canada Posts: 430
    I agree with Dimitri on this one, if you trade your 10c spare for something of greater value than $84 then you've profited and broken 10c rules. Assessing an item (let's say a Binaural LP, that would normally sell for $200) with a lower value is simply turning a blind eye to the obvious. The person who traded the tic for the $84 Binaural could easily flip it for much more.
  • Options
    Massara133 wrote:
    I agree with Dimitri on this one, if you trade your 10c spare for something of greater value than $84 then you've profited and broken 10c rules. Assessing an item (let's say a Binaural LP, that would normally sell for $200) with a lower value is simply turning a blind eye to the obvious. The person who traded the tic for the $84 Binaural could easily flip it for much more.

So, if someone comes on here and offers their Binaural up for $84 they are breaking some sort of rule?

Wouldn't we CELEBRATE that person?

Folks now HAVE TO price their stuff to prevent others from flipping? This line of logic is so back assward that it's :lol::lol::lol:
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,067
    So, if someone comes on here and offers their Binaural up for $84 they are breaking some sort of rule?

Wouldn't we CELEBRATE that person?

Folks now HAVE TO price their stuff to prevent others from flipping? This line of logic is so back assward that it's :lol::lol::lol:

Right? I have seen a few offers that were CLEARLY over face value for tickets. When it comes to merch, though, I don't think you can justifiably police it as long as the original purchase price is at or below the cost of the ticket. If this were Fenway instead of Wrigley and I got shut out, there is a bunch of stuff I'd be happy to part with to get into the show.

There is a bit of a gamble, though, when you're not dealing with tickets in hand. You better feel solid about who you're swapping with because, unlike the larger secondary market, if you get burned there is ZERO safety net.
This discussion has been closed.