***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2013 Thread***

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    Sounds like Asche is up. Bye, bye, Singles Young.

Please don't be the Yankees, regardless of how much better he is then the slop they are throwing out there.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,953
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Please don't be the Yankees, regardless of how much better he is then the slop they are throwing out there.

Wouldn't mind seeing him go there. Would definitely spice up the A-Rod nonsense. Can't wait to see how that plays out. Here's to hoping he gets off the DL before he gets suspended. :thumbup:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Wouldn't mind seeing him go there. Would definitely spice up the A-Rod nonsense. Can't wait to see how that plays out. Here's to hoping he gets off the DL before he gets suspended. :thumbup:

It is going to be an absolute mess. I would love to see that. Doubt it will happen though.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,953
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

It is going to be an absolute mess. I would love to see that. Doubt it will happen though.

Yanks will owe him that money if he comes off the DL right?
    Yanks will owe him that money if he comes off the DL right?

They owe him the money when he is on the DL. They won't owe him money if he is suspended or permanently unable to play (I think they get 80% back in that case from insurance). They are getting out of it sooner or later.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    Welcome to the show, young Cody.

If they trade Lee, hopefully they can grab that Xander kid...
    www.myspace.com

As I said on the last page. I would love for that to happen, especially after Myers
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,759

I hope that doesn't happen.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    cutz wrote:

I hope that doesn't happen.

not happening now
    www.myspace.com
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Del friscos has the best atmosphere. Barclay prime has, by far, the best steaks

i think this strip i had last night could have been the best cut of steak i've ever had. barclay prime is great too, obviously. haven't eaten there in years though.

my buddy works at the ritz carlton and was able to hook us up at del friscos last night. $1300 tab for 8 people...only had to pay the tip. (perhaps that is influencing my opinion :lol: ....just a little bit though. food was so fucking good.

Word. Both are great spots. Del friscos space is just phenomenal. That's sweet you got set up like that. Buddies 30th this week and may be going on his works dime this week as well.

del friscos is the shit. Love that place
    edited July 2013
    First off - I think Lightning Bolt is much better than Mind Your Manners.

Second of all - I don't care if the crowd waited for a while for this show to start up again, THAT CHICAGO CROWD SUCKED. BALLS. Total total total TOTAL weak effort. My God, man.

Dude, the crowd was weak. Like I said before...I don't care what the situation is, people should never be sitting during porch.

I really don't get the love for Mind your manners. It's ok, but I don't get why people are creaming themselves over it.

Also, MMJ killed it on sunday night. Had 2nd row seats to right of stage (JJ's side). Sick. Even though I had to wade through the camden streets with water up past my knees, it was still a great night (I haven't had much luck with concert weather this summer). Topped it off with a session at bishops collar then a nice $1400 winning night playing BJ at sugar house. Great success.
    Post edited by The Fixer on
    edited July 2013
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Would love for you guys to get Boegarts away from Boston. Stupid KC had to trade Myers to Tampa, would love to see a reversal of that.

No way they're trading him. This deadline is shaping up to be exactly what I expected...amaro doing nothing to improve this team. If anything he will end up making moves (or not making moves he should make like trading papeldouche, lee, kendrick, chooch) that will end up being detrimental.

They will suck as long as he is here.
    Post edited by The Fixer on

I'll bet money that he hits into a DP on his way to the airport. Beat it turd
    this is a fantastic comp...nice work rube. For the record, that abreu trade was one of my favorite phillies moves of all time. I hated abreu

July 2006 was really the last time the Phillies were legitimately considered a “bad” team, and even then, they were only six games under .500. Your current squad just happens to be six games under .500 after last night’s win. Like the ’06 team, the ’13 Phillies have a 34-year-old injury-prone catcher on the verge of free agency and a veteran third baseman whose best years are long behind him. Most importantly and most similarly, the ’06 team had a tough decision to make leading up to the trade deadline with a franchise superstar. Right fielder Bobby Abreu was well on his way to free agency and the Phillies were preparing to transition. They traded Abreu, along with Cory Lidle, to the Yankees for a handful of prospects and salary relief.

After the trade, then-GM Pat Gillick warned fans to temper their expectations for the foreseeable future, as the franchise healed the wounds suffered from poor free agent signings and trades dating back to the late 1990′s.

“We have young people to plug in, and it’s going to take time for them to get their feet on the ground,” Gillick said. “It would probably be a stretch to think we’re going to be there [as a contender] in 2007. It’s going to be a little slower. I don’t want to mislead anyone.”

The Phillies rebounded sooner than we thought. From August 1 through the end of the 2006 regular season, the Phillies went 36-22 (.621). They finished 12 games back of the Mets in the NL East, but hung tough with the Dodgers for the Wild Card up to the final week. It was the start to what became arguably the greatest era of Phillies baseball, the same era that is now unfortunately drawing to an unceremonious close.

The 1996 team is an example of how not to operate at this stage. The Phillies had reached the World Series in 1993 and wanted to continue competing in the NL East. They finished under .500 in both 1994 and ’95, but both seasons were shortened by the strike. They went into ’96 with a more youthful roster, but it was not by choice but rather by need. Their roster contained plenty of holdovers from the World Series team. Lenny Dykstra started the season as the everyday center fielder, but an injury forced him out on May 18. That was his last appearance in the Majors. Pete Incaviglia lost playing time after the Phillies called up Scott Rolen on August 1 as Todd Zeile moved from third to first and Gregg Jefferies moved from first to left. Incaviglia and Zeile were eventually traded in late August. Jim Eisenreich, who had platooned in both left and right field, was lost in early September to a broken foot. Darren Daulton appeared in just five games and was traded the following season. Sound familiar?

Because the ’96 Phillies hung on to the dream of getting to another World Series, they passed over the opportunity to detach and build up for the future. From 1997-2001, the Phillies won between 65 and 77 games, never coming close to contention. Due to their payroll advantage relative to many other teams, the present-day Phillies aren’t in danger of becoming a 65-win team anytime soon. The Phillies have until 4 PM ET this afternoon to recoup value on their veterans through trades. Otherwise, they will have to utilize waivers in August, else they risk watching their players walk into free agency while recouping little to no value in the process.

This happened on MLB Network yesterday:

Now that the Tigers have acquired Jose Veras and the Red Sox traded for Jake Peavy, the Phillies are running out of options and their leverage continues to weaken with every passing hour. The Phillies risk damaging their future by stubbornly clinging onto the past.
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    Sounds like Young will be a Yankee :lol::lol::lol::lol: Sorrry Cliffy
    Go Birds!!!!
    unbelievable. he should have been fired long ago...

The Phillies are skeptical they will make any move prior to the deadline, tweets Bob Nightengale.
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,839
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    This a joke,make a trade now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Go Birds!!!!
    michael young in the phils starting lineup tonight.

what a joke
    Apparently the yanks wanted both Ruiz and Young. And the douche bag did nothing.
    Go Birds!!!!
    I really can't remember a philly team (non-sixers...who have been clueless since '83...until they made the fantastic Hinkie hire) executive being as bad at their job as amaro is at his. HORRENDOUS

It's really tough to watch this jack ass further ruin this organization.

Yankees GM Brian Cashman and Phillies GM Ruben Amaro spoke on the phone around 3 p.m. ET Wednesday, an hour before the trade deadline, at which time Amaro confirmed what the Yankees had been reading in the media: Michael Young was willing to waive his no-trade clause to go to the Yankees.

So Cashman offered to send a prospect to Philly and pay the $5 million to go on Young’s deal. And Amaro rejected the deal.

Then Cashman asked about Phillies veteran catcher Carlos Ruiz, and was told that Ruiz, who has one home run this year, is not available.
    the manager is just as bad as the GM. Get rid of both of them...should have happened three years ago.

serenity now
    BQoL8bhCEAAx9zt.jpg
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,752
    BQoL8bhCEAAx9zt.jpg

:fp: How the fuck do we blow a lead like that in the 9th!! Papplebon sucked ass! And we couldn't even tie the game up with the bases loaded and NOBODY out in the bottom of the inning!!! :x :x

It's official we suck (in case no one knew before) ;)
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    Took my nephew tonight,we had HOF seats. We left after the 8th thankfully, this team blows.
    Go Birds!!!!
    I had tickets last night and I didn't even go. No desire to give these losers money. I'm not renewing my season tix next year. Will be first time I have not had season tix since they signed jim thome. I'm done going to games until amaro is fired. The way this team operates, I'm not holding my breath. So frustrating.

This explains a lot...the dude is absolutely clueless

http://crashburnalley.com/2013/08/01/wa ... roduction/

aaaannddd, just like I called it 'the beginning of the end' when it was signed...all the arguing about howard here over the years has proven to be an overwhelming win for yours truly (as usual)

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/phil ... tract.html
    The Fixer wrote:
    all the arguing about howard here over the years has proven to be an overwhelming win for yours truly (as usual)

Nice win! And your prize is.....being miserable, hating the team, and not renewing your season tickets.

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    The Fixer wrote:
    all the arguing about howard here over the years has proven to be an overwhelming win for yours truly (as usual)

Nice win! And your prize is.....being miserable, hating the team, and not renewing your season tickets. But on the bright side, you get to tell a few people that you've never met "I told ya so" on a message board. I mean really, either hatch a plot to frame Howard as a Biogenesis guy, murder Amaro, or do both. But ya gotta quit whining about it. Over and over and over with the whining.

Edit: Well on second thought I don't think anybody's gonna buy Howard as a steroid user at this point.

I've actually met a bunch of people here. All of those I'm interested in meeting anyway. Not conincidentally, we have never met.

There is one singular reason for this team's epic demise. It's gonna come up until it expires. Deal with it

Murdering Amaro is definitely an option. I wish Sam Hinkie was running the Phillies
    The Fixer wrote:
    There is one singular reason for this team's epic demise.

We know...we know

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
This discussion has been closed.