Options

The Americans

Comments

• Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,736
    Better Dan wrote:
    Starts up again in February.. Can't wait!!! :D:D
    really??nice..love this show

Awesome. Really liked the first season...
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    Better Dan wrote:
    Starts up again in February.. Can't wait!!! :D:D
    really??nice..love this show

Awesome. Really liked the first season...

Me too! It was really good. I really like all the actors/characters on this one.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    This week's episode was a keeper for the ole DVR.
    :\">
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:

This week's episode was a keeper for the ole DVR.
    :\">

I have a feeling I know what scene you're talking about....Felicity looks good!!

On a serious note...this show is awesome. One of the best on TV right now.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,151
    what an awesome season...love it
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    This season has been outstanding......so much going on. Can't wait to see what happens with Paige...and poor Martha!

They also just announced that they got renewed for a 4th season...great news. Best show on TV right now.
  • Options

This season has been outstanding......so much going on. Can't wait to see what happens with Paige...and poor Martha!

They also just announced that they got renewed for a 4th season...great news. Best show on TV right now.

i agree.,,amazing season...this is really spy work going on and no that crap technology bullsit makes all easy..
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    So happy that this show is back. I have a feeling that things are going to end up too well for Paige's reverend. One of the best shows out there.
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827

So happy that this show is back. I have a feeling that things are going to end up too well for Paige's reverend. One of the best shows out there.

Or for Martha.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:

Or for Martha.
    I've been worried about Martha since the beginning. But yeah, I can't imagine things are going to end up well for her. Poor Martha!
  • Options
    Show started good as always..love it
  • Options
    Great season..trcky what happens with page
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,248
    I've watched almost all 4 seasons over the last few months......this show is fucking OUTSTANDING. i love it
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

I've watched almost all 4 seasons over the last few months......this show is fucking OUTSTANDING. i love it

One of the best shows on TV right now. It's too bad it doesn't have much of an audience, but the nice part is FX has already renewed it for seasons 5 and 6 so they'll get to tell the whole story. Can't wait for season 5....usually premieres in the spring.
  • Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,907
    Absolutely agree. One of the best, if not the best, show on tv right now.
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Options

One of the best shows on TV right now. It's too bad it doesn't have much of an audience, but the nice part is FX has already renewed it for seasons 5 and 6 so they'll get to tell the whole story. Can't wait for season 5....usually premieres in the spring.
    That is great news. I am up the season 4 finale.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,490
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    Season 5 will be here in a couple weeks. March/April is going to be a great time for TV....The Americans, The Leftovers, Fargo and Better Call Saul will all be on at the same time. I might not leave the house.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjuUkbhsI24
  • Options

Season 5 will be here in a couple weeks. March/April is going to be a great time for TV....The Americans, The Leftovers, Fargo and Better Call Saul will all be on at the same time. I might not leave the house.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjuUkbhsI24

Nice....House of Cards comes out soon too
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Nice
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

Nice

• Options
    So excited!
  • Options
    What's everyone think thus far?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    What's everyone think thus far?

Since my wife goes to bed at 8pm every night (damn newborns!), I'm a couple episodes behind.  But it feels like this season has been crawling along and nothing is really happening.  I think they gave themselves too many episodes to finish the series with 13 this season and 10 next season.
  • Options
    I agree, it has been slow going.  The tension seems to be missing as well.   And as much as I love Oleg's character, the lack of stuff happening at the Rezidentura has resulted in a lot less of Stan too.  I'm hoping that all the stories are going to start coming together soon.
  • Options
    It seems like there's not one coherent story line like there normally is...tough to tell what they're building towards
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    So this season was pretty bad huh?  Things were moving so slow....felt like not much happened.  And how do they leave Oleg out of the finale completely?  They've been following his story in Russia all year and then absolutely nothing in the season finale?  Hopefully they finish it up strong with the last 10 episodes next season.
  • Options
    So this season was pretty bad huh?  Things were moving so slow....felt like not much happened.  And how do they leave Oleg out of the finale completely?  They've been following his story in Russia all year and then absolutely nothing in the season finale?  Hopefully they finish it up strong with the last 10 episodes next season.
    I don't think it was bad but I agree it was very slow. It kind of reminded me of the Sopranos season that led to Tony and Carmella seperating during the Whitecaps episode. With the focus more on their family, I think this season was basically setting up next season and how/if they end up getting out of this life. 

The Yellow Brick Road scene kind of reminded me of the Don't Stop Believing scene in Sopranos too. Thought it was intense and was waiting for something bad to happen to Paige
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    I don't think it was bad but I agree it was very slow. It kind of reminded me of the Sopranos season that led to Tony and Carmella seperating during the Whitecaps episode. With the focus more on their family, I think this season was basically setting up next season and how/if they end up getting out of this life. 

The Yellow Brick Road scene kind of reminded me of the Don't Stop Believing scene in Sopranos too. Thought it was intense and was waiting for something bad to happen to Paige

So slow.  I get what they were trying to do, but I feel like they had already clearly established these family issues in previous seasons.  We know Phillip doesn't like this life anymore and Paige is having trouble accepting all of this.  And yeah, I was definitely expecting something bad to happen during yellow brick road.

My prediction for how it ends is Phillip turns himself into the FBI and him and the kids go into witness protection and Elizabeth goes back to Russia on her own.
  • Options

So slow.  I get what they were trying to do, but I feel like they had already clearly established these family issues in previous seasons.  We know Phillip doesn't like this life anymore and Paige is having trouble accepting all of this.  And yeah, I was definitely expecting something bad to happen during yellow brick road.

My prediction for how it ends is Phillip turns himself into the FBI and him and the kids go into witness protection and Elizabeth goes back to Russia on her own.
    I'm curious to see what happens with his son's in Russia and also Martha. It seemed like they were building up those storylines and then nothing happened...
    chinese-happy.jpg