The Americans

Comments

• rearviewrossrearviewross Posts: 3,055
    really great episode last week..this is really great show

Yes it is. I got behind on episode and finally caught up this week. So friggin good.
    Forced to endure, what I cannot forgive.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    dankind wrote:
    Great episode. Stan's character arc maybe went a little too parabolic from straight-laced, by-the-book lawman to cold-blooded killer, but it made for some good drama.

Very jarring but I'll give the writers a pass, especially if it haunts Stan in some way in future episodes.

I kinda see your point, but I don't think we know enough about Stan's past to assume that he is a straight-laced, by the book type of agent. It was pretty believable for him to take out that Russian after they took out his friend and partner. The actor that plays Stan has been awesome. I think Noah Emmerich is his name??
    dankind wrote:
    Great episode. Stan's character arc maybe went a little too parabolic from straight-laced, by-the-book lawman to cold-blooded killer, but it made for some good drama.

Very jarring but I'll give the writers a pass, especially if it haunts Stan in some way in future episodes.

I kinda see your point, but I don't think we know enough about Stan's past to assume that he is a straight-laced, by the book type of agent. It was pretty believable for him to take out that Russian after they took out his friend and partner. The actor that plays Stan has been awesome. I think Noah Emmerich is his name??

I agree. I think the dramatic shift shows that he is not the straight laced guy he has been trying to be. Obviously we know he was undercover with white supremacists, so you know he was involved in some bad stuff. People that go deep undercover often change. It seems like the new move was a way for him to try and bury all of that and start over but Amadors murder flipped the switch back on.

I am waiting for the affair to get back to his wife and watch him really go off the rails.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    downloading!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    put to watch this..the i see the crdits and the photos...remind me my friend and best artist..Frank :lol::lol::lol:
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    Great episode this past week. I think Martha is the most annoying character on the show. Hopefully she'll see the sketch artist picture soon and realize she's being played. ill feel sorry for her once she learns the truth thiugh. Poor Stan. Nina saw through his bs pretty easily and that oath changed her. Can't wait to see where they go with this.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
    Better Dan wrote:
    Great episode this past week. I think Martha is the most annoying character on the show. Hopefully she'll see the sketch artist picture soon and realize she's being played. ill feel sorry for her once she learns the truth thiugh. Poor Stan. Nina saw through his bs pretty easily and that oath changed her. Can't wait to see where they go with this.

Finally caught up last night. Show is still very compelling. I dont feel bad for Stan at all. He had a wife and family who love him and he screwed it all up. I dont blame him if he fell out of love with his wife, that happens, but I dont feel bad for him. You are right though about Nina though. She knows it was him from his reaction.

Elizabeth is pissing me off. She obviously is upset that Philip is getting comfortable in his new living situation but she wont forgive him or let him come back. The wedding vows seemed to have affected her. Curious to see where this goes.

Those sketches dont look anything like them. I dont see anyone recognizing them from that. The series would be over pretty quick if they did.
    Better Dan wrote:

Martha is really annoying. Hopefully this whole "marriage" thing doesn't carry on.

Looking forward to the finale. No matter what happens, this has been a pretty damn good 1st season.
    Better Dan wrote:

Martha is really annoying. Hopefully this whole "marriage" thing doesn't carry on.

Looking forward to the finale. No matter what happens, this has been a pretty damn good 1st season.

Is the finale next week?

Is the finale next week?

Yep. Season finale on Wednesday.

Is the finale next week?

Yep. Season finale on Wednesday.

Damn! It is nice that cable channels are running good series during the summer now. Back in the day there wasnt shit to watch from May to September.
    back home,need to watch it now.a friend told me was great episode
    Better Dan wrote:

Finally caught up last night. Show is still very compelling. I dont feel bad for Stan at all. He had a wife and family who love him and he screwed it all up. I dont blame him if he fell out of love with his wife, that happens, but I dont feel bad for him. You are right though about Nina though. She knows it was him from his reaction.

Good point..hopefully we'll get more into what he went through when he was undercover though. Not that it's an excuse, but it's obvious that something changed him. I guess feeling that something happened that screwed him up makes him a bit more sympathetic to me. We'll see what they end up revealing though.

You're right about the sketches. I have no idea what's going to happen next week, but the preview looks great. I thought this episode did set up a several things for next season (FBI knows about the radio in the libarary, the FBI being bugged, Nina's loyalties). This show has been a nice surprise for me!
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City

Yes, it was great. Don't read our spoilers and go watch it! :D
    Better Dan wrote:

Yes, it was great. Don't read our spoilers and go watch it! :D
    thanks,no no,im not reading,made some dinner and im almost ready to put this to watch :)
    wow!!
    Looking forward to tonight's season finale! :)
    Better Dan wrote:
    Looking forward to tonight's season finale! :)
    +1
    Great finale! Lots of cliff hangers, of course. When does the next season start!? :corn:

I cant image the daughter is going to find anything, unless the mom left something out, which I doubt.

Gonna be hard to explain a gunshot wound.

It is weird how this show makes you cheer for the Soviets. :lol:
    Great finale! Lots of cliff hangers, of course. When does the next season start!? :corn:

I cant image the daughter is going to find anything, unless the mom left something out, which I doubt.

Pretty solid finale. I was left a little underwhelmed. Probably because the rest of the season was so good...I guess I was just expecting more from the finale.

I think the thing with the daughter was just showing that she is starting to get suspicious about what the hell her parents are up to.

Pretty funny that they get Stan to watch the kids while she is recovering from the gunshot wound that could have been from him.
    I think the thing with the daughter was just showing that she is starting to get suspicious about what the hell her parents are up to.

Pretty funny that they get Stan to watch the kids while she is recovering from the gunshot wound that could have been from him.

I agree about the daughter. There is no way the mom left anything out, shes too good.

Lol, that was funny. Hey, lets get the FBI agent to watch our kids while their KGB parents are recovering from the gunshot wound he may have given her. Loved it. :D
    Oh crap, I forgot about the older lady handler. She is cold blooded! Nicked that guys jugular and let him bleed out for 10 minutes immobilized. Damn!

I wonder if they will try to retract their request to have her replaced now?

Pretty solid finale. I was left a little underwhelmed. Probably because the rest of the season was so good...I guess I was just expecting more from the finale.

I'm kind've with you on this. I enjoyed the episode, but I was hoping for a bit more. Was hoping for a holy crap moment at the end..like Paige actually seeing something ;) The first season was very, very solid. I'm going to miss having this on every week.
    downloading to see it later!!
    downloading to see it later!!

Everybody dies!
    that was great!!!cant wait for next season
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Finally watched the finale last night.

Great stuff.

I love the little nuances in this show -- e.g., Henry's Star Wars sheets (the very same set that I had) having a broader meaning in the context of the episode.

Oh, and I think what was really cool about Paige's suspicions and snooping around was that, if nothing else, it pretty such solidifies that she is her mother's daughter.

Awesome show. More, please.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • susannjsusannj Posts: 646
    Finally just watched the finale last night as well. So looking forward to season 2. The only thing I hate watching are the romantic scenes between "Clark" and Martha - yuck :shock: - besides that great show! :clap:
    -See the waves on distant shores, awaiting your arrival...

Stanhope, New Jersey 08-12-1992
    Randall's Island, New York 09-28-1996
    E. Rutherford, New Jersey 09-08-1998
    Wantagh, New York 08-24-2000
    New York, New York 07-09-2003
    E. Rutherford, New Jersey 06-03-2006
    New York, New York 05-21-2010
    Brooklyn, New York 10-19-2013
    New York, New York 05-01-2016
    New York, New York 09-11-2022
    Starts up again in February.. Can't wait!!! :D:D
    Better Dan wrote:
    Starts up again in February.. Can't wait!!! :D:D
    really??nice..love this show