Options

U2/Pearl Jam/Kings Of Leon in Hawaii?

Comments

• Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,539
    leadbedr wrote:
    I am the only one here that doesnt want a u2/pj show?

I really, really hope that pj does there own show. I mean i like u2 somewhat, but i dont want to spend close to 1500$ to see another so called "co" headline show.

Actually, IMHO, fuck that. I dont want u2 to have anything to do with the show.

Would you go if it was just Pearl Jam?
  • Options
    When this rumor could be confirmed ???????????

Probably on Monday or Tuesday on the U2.com website. I'd be surprised if we didn't know anything on Wednesday.
  • Options
    leadbedr10leadbedr10 Posts: 409
    Would you go if it was just Pearl Jam?

yes. i did last time.
    not sure if ill go if its u2/pj though.
  • Options
    erickvazdelerickvazdel Posts: 140
    If this is true tickets are going to be expensive.
    That show was sold out months and months ago.
  • Options
    BBFANBBFAN Posts: 9
    In my opinion, I can not see how they can raise the price to tickets already sold for U2 show. If PJ is going chances are they would also book there own show to add to year end blow out, as well as perform with U2.
    How would feel if it was a PJ show that was postponed in March still not confirmed dates? I booked the Hawaii trip to see U2 and still waiting. Based the circumstances of the postponement and the long wait, I think it will be a fantastic blowout and they may even add a show. If any of you are planning on going and the date is Dec 9 I would book as soon as the announcement comes out because the Honolulu Marathon is Dec 10 and draws 10's of thousands of pple. An announcement is supposed to made tomorrow because they said on Monday dates to be announced within the next week.... but then again back in March they said the same thing. At any rate it will be one huge party and lots of fun.
  • Options
    RockMamaRockMama Deep Creek Lake, MD Posts: 478
    I want to see PJ in a huge stadium, and see eddie on the screens of the "vertigo tour" stage !!!!That shit is huge!!!.
    hpim0948jpg0me.jpg
    PJ in a big stage
    I think its a great idea.
    Lets wait.
    I saw them with the Stones in a big stadium. You don't see anything. It was not worth the $175 (medium price). And it was a very short set.
    107 total First-Summerfest, Milwaukee '95
    Most recent: 2018 Stadium shows: Seattle 2, Missoula, Fenway 1 and 2; 2022: Oakland 1 and 2
  • Options
    AlessianaAlessiana Posts: 329
    leadbedr wrote:
    I am the only one here that doesnt want a u2/pj show?

I really, really hope that pj does there own show. I mean i like u2 somewhat, but i dont want to spend close to 1500$ to see another so called "co" headline show.

Actually, IMHO, fuck that. I dont want u2 to have anything to do with the show.

no, you're not the only one. i'll bet you're in the majority on this board.

Aless

Tell them you love them. Never let the mundane, the unimportant, or worse, the misunderstood, be the final words of parting.

Tell them.
  • Options
    AlessianaAlessiana Posts: 329
    leadbedr wrote:
    yes. i did last time.
    not sure if ill go if its u2/pj though.

me too. but i know i won't go if it's pj opening for u2. there's no "not sure" for me.

i'm sure there are plenty of people who'll have a great time. just not me and toni.

Aless

Tell them you love them. Never let the mundane, the unimportant, or worse, the misunderstood, be the final words of parting.

Tell them.
  • Options
    Great video!!!!!
    Eddie with U2 live from Toronto.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AO7kfM90w0k&search=u2%20toronto
  • Options
    U2 announced that the tour would be announced with the next week. That was on July 10th. It's July 17th today. I for one am hoping for some news. Although, the more time goes by the more I come to my senses about making the trip.
  • Options
    homeratbathomeratbat Posts: 219
    U2 announced that the tour would be announced with the next week. That was on July 10th. It's July 17th today. I for one am hoping for some news. Although, the more time goes by the more I come to my senses about making the trip.

yea this is taking 4ever! hopefully at some point today but im not holding my breath now
  • Options
    rhinomagicrhinomagic Charlottesville, VA Posts: 2,549
    Ah, this (rumored) gig is still more than four months away. There's time to sort out the details yet.

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • Options
    rhinomagic wrote:
    Ah, this (rumored) gig is still more than four months away. There's time to sort out the details yet.

yea but if people want to make plans to go then u would want to know asap! it already costs an arm and a leg for some of us to go to hawaii the longer the wait the more the airline tix are! hopefully we get this info asap!!!
  • Options
    janegosfordjanegosford Posts: 179
    This guy seems to think it's a given...though I don't know why.

http://www.atu2.com/news/article.src?ID=4324&Key=&Year=&Cat=
  • Options
    When the dates are going to be announced ???????
  • Options
    When the dates are going to be announced ???????

i reread what u2.com says it says "within next week" and that was posted on 7/10 so im guessing this week by 7/22
  • Options
    BBFANBBFAN Posts: 9
    According to the promoter. Right now show is tentatively scheduled for Dec 9 at Aloha Stadium nothing has been confirmed. I will say if anyone is thinking about it best to try and secure a hotel as the Honolulu Marathon in Dec 10 and if they are planning a blow out in Hawaii around the same time, lodging can be tough. Some airlines are running deals. I have been booked since U2 announced the original date, and very happy if PJ plays with and or without U2. I know it's tough to see 2 headliners who knows maybe they will do 2 full shows and start early. Not thrilled with stadium set up since it will be a different configuration and the floor is GA. I am thinking if PJ goes to Hawaii, a stand alone show will most likely happen. It is a long way to go to play for 45min when you know you can sell out a show on your own. Time will tell, I am just anxious to hear. For 10 Club members interested, how many would actually make that trip it is the begining of Dec, and just before the holidays. It is pricey, but then again it is paradise. Oh the demons will get you every time. Also, U2 ticketholders that can not go will get a refund and those tickets will be available.
  • Options
    drbryantdrbryant Posts: 17
    The vibe will be wrong -- 95% of the people there will be there to see U2, and 5% (at best), or 2500 PJ fans. People will be buying beer, talking, clapping politely. I think that it will kind of suck. On the other hand, I am not sure that I can think of a better place on earth to spend a December weekend than Hawaii.
  • Options
    brianjdbrianjd Posts: 201
    I saw my first....and last U2 show of my life on the Vertigo tour and i just caught 3 more Pearl Jam shows on this leg of the tour. It would be suicidal for U2 to share the stage with Pearl Jam right now. Objectively speaking, Pearl Jam would absolutely shame U2. U2's dog and pony show could never hold up to what I just saw from Pj. U2's sets are the same every single night. They rarely change a set list and it shows. Their set is listless and the musicianship is not close. This won't happen unless U2 wants to sell more PJ records in Hawaii
    Irvine 1992, Las Vegas 1993, Mountain View 1994, San Diego 1995, Los Angeles 1996, Los Angeles 1998, Moutain View 1999, San Bernadino 2000, Los Angeles 2000, Irvine 2003, Irvine 2003, Moutain View 2003, Santa Barbara 2003, San Diego 2006, Los Angeles 2006, Santa Barbara 2006
  • Options
    rhinomagic wrote:
    Well, certain pieces of confirmed information seem to make this rumor believable:

We know that PJ plans to play Hawai'i, according to the tour program being sold at the '06 shows.

We know that U2 has reserved Aloha Stadium for December 9th.

We know that Kings of Leon is opening for PJ in Australia. Their itinerary leaves open the possibility of playing together in early December.

U2 and PJ had on-stage encounters in Toronto last year. This might be a continuation of those guest appearances.

I'm with you in that I wouldn't start spending money just yet. But as soon as this gets confirmed, I'd be ringing up all the necessary charges if I had it to spend.

Not happening stoners
    Irvine 1992, Las Vegas 1993, Mountain View 1994, San Diego 1995, Los Angeles 1996, Los Angeles 1998, Moutain View 1999, San Bernadino 2000, Los Angeles 2000, Irvine 2003, Irvine 2003, Moutain View 2003, Santa Barbara 2003, San Diego 2006, Los Angeles 2006, Santa Barbara 2006
  • Options
    brianjd wrote:
    I saw my first....and last U2 show of my life on the Vertigo tour and i just caught 3 more Pearl Jam shows on this leg of the tour. It would be suicidal for U2 to share the stage with Pearl Jam right now. Objectively speaking, Pearl Jam would absolutely shame U2. U2's dog and pony show could never hold up to what I just saw from Pj. U2's sets are the same every single night. They rarely change a set list and it shows. Their set is listless and the musicianship is not close. This won't happen unless U2 wants to sell more PJ records in Hawaii

I LOVE PEARL JAM SO MUCH, and I really enjoy U2.
    And I'm not agree with you.
    I saw U2 2 times in this Vertigo Tour, both with the stadium stage and set.
    I have to say that it was amazing, you are right the setlist is almost the same show after show, but what I saw was great.
    I agree that PJ is maybe in a better moment right now, this tour is just amazing, but Is always great to see a band like U2.
    With songs like Running to Stand Still, Bullet the Blue Sky, Bad, Stay and One U2 is one of the biggest bands ever.

Lets wait if this rumor is comfirmed.
  • Options
    I LOVE PEARL JAM SO MUCH, and I really enjoy U2.
    And I'm not agree with you.
    I saw U2 2 times in this Vertigo Tour, both with the stadium stage and set.
    I have to say that it was amazing, you are right the setlist is almost the same show after show, but what I saw was great.
    I agree that PJ is maybe in a better moment right now, this tour is just amazing, but Is always great to see a band like U2.
    With songs like Running to Stand Still, Bullet the Blue Sky, Bad, Stay and One U2 is one of the biggest bands ever.

Lets wait if this rumor is comfirmed.
    You guys were right. This is a RS rumor. I still cannot see these 2 bands share the same stage on the same night. And you know U2 will be the headliner since it is their date. This is a 5 hour show...It would have to be a charity event for it to work. I still cant see it rumor or not. Especially not with 3 bands.
  • Options
    brianjd wrote:
    You guys were right. This is a RS rumor. I still cannot see these 2 bands share the same stage on the same night. And you know U2 will be the headliner since it is their date. This is a 5 hour show...It would have to be a charity event for it to work. I still cant see it rumor or not. Especially not with 3 bands.

u2 and pearl jam have shared the same stage back in the early 90s...as much as i LOVE pearl jam, it think its pretty clear that u2 is the much bigger band worldwide (sorry to people who dont agree but facts are facts) so of course they will be the headliner, which i dont think pj would even think argue! with that being said at this stage of waiting and taking so long im starting to doubt it
  • Options
    homeratbat wrote:
    u2 and pearl jam have shared the same stage back in the early 90s...as much as i LOVE pearl jam, it think its pretty clear that u2 is the much bigger band worldwide (sorry to people who dont agree but facts are facts) so of course they will be the headliner, which i dont think pj would even think argue! with that being said at this stage of waiting and taking so long im starting to doubt it

No doubt they are the bigger band. My point was that as a live act, at this moment in time, they are no way the better band. U2 obviously would headline this show if it happens. I just think they might take a serious whooping in what would turn out to be a battle of the bands.
  • Options
    keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    I was dissapointed with U2 in Ottawa. It was OK, but nothing sensational (sp?).
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Options
    T-Bone 82T-Bone 82 Posts: 398
    Saw U2 in Chicago 2001. I thought it was a great show. Its just different than a PJ show. A little more grandiose but with a lot less punk energy. Its good for what it is, basically.

Don't know if its the kind of band I'd want to see more than once though. Don't change up the setlists, don't really like there last album either. That thing was way over-hyped.
    "Darkness comes in waves, tell me, why invite it to stay?"
  • Options
    blarrgblarrg Posts: 46
    This guy seems to think it's a given...though I don't know why.

http://www.atu2.com/news/article.src?ID=4324&Key=&Year=&Cat=

I know its a given because I already have tickets :)
  • Options
    _Crazy_Mary__Crazy_Mary_ Posts: 1,299
    blarrg wrote:
    I know its a given because I already have tickets :)

right on! Where'd you get the tickets?
    I really screwed that up. I really Schruted it.
  • Options
    sundogg16sundogg16 Posts: 70
    NOW WAIT JUST ONE FUCKIN MINUTE!!!!!

if pearl jam plays here with u2 but U2 has already sold all their tickets cause they had an earlier concert date here HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO FUCKIN GET TICKETS TO THIS THING!?@!=.....&*&*#@*$%&@*#&*

the only tics left are the crappy ones or the really expensive ones(which only fucking tourists can afford)......^%#@$&########
    If you don't run, you rust.

Honolulu 12/02/06 & 12/09/06
    Waikiki 04/21/07 & 04/22/06
  • Options
    sundogg16 wrote:
    NOW WAIT JUST ONE FUCKIN MINUTE!!!!!

if pearl jam plays here with u2 but U2 has already sold all their tickets cause they had an earlier concert date here HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO FUCKIN GET TICKETS TO THIS THING!?@!=.....&*&*#@*$%&@*#&*

the only tics left are the crappy ones or the really expensive ones(which only fucking tourists can afford)......^%#@$&########

I have been in a few shows of U2 and the best option is GA tickets. Just get very early at the stadium and you are going to see an amazing show.
    On ebay you can find GA tickets at $150 ..... :)