Options

U2/Pearl Jam/Kings Of Leon in Hawaii?

Comments

• Options
    blarrg wrote:
    You really think they're going to ship their stage to Hawaii? I saw them on Pop and the stage was so large and complicated that there were two of them. One was always a day ahead on its way to another city. My guess would be no vertigo stage. Heck, they might even have another album out by December.

yes, they will ship their stage. thay have shipped it all over the world already several times, why wouldn't they do it for Hawaii? Japan? Aussie. it's the end of the Vertigo tour...and the stage set up is a big part of that

and a new album..not likely...just like PJ its always at least 3-4 years, sometimes longer in between U2 records. these are simply make up concerts, a mini tour of sorts from cancellations.
  • Options
    mrpoptopmrpoptop Posts: 16
    The Vertigo stage is currently in storage in Sydney.

Jayson
    VHC #125***

07/09/95 Milwaukee
    06/26/98 Alpine Valley
    10/08/00 Alpine Valley
    10/09/00 Chicago
    04/24/03 Champaign
    06/18/03 Chicago
    06/21/03 Alpine Valley
    07/12/03 Hershey
    07/14/03 Holmdel
    12/09/06 Honolulu
    08/02/07 Chicago
    08/05/07 Chicago
  • Options
    mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,292
    yes, they will ship their stage. thay have shipped it all over the world already several times, why wouldn't they do it for Hawaii? Japan? Aussie. it's the end of the Vertigo tour...and the stage set up is a big part of that

and a new album..not likely...just like PJ its always at least 3-4 years, sometimes longer in between U2 records. these are simply make up concerts, a mini tour of sorts from cancellations.[/an
    ?just like pearl jam always 3-4 years between albums? where have you been?
    Pearl Jam have never gone more than 2 years between records until this one.
  • Options
    blarrgblarrg Posts: 46
    mr bungle wrote:

and a new album..not likely...just like PJ its always at least 3-4 years, sometimes longer in between U2 records. these are simply make up concerts, a mini tour of sorts from cancellations.[/an
    ?just like pearl jam always 3-4 years between albums? where have you been?
    Pearl Jam have never gone more than 2 years between records until this one.

HTDAAB has been out since 2004. It will be almost 2007 when they get here. Plenty of time for at least a a couple new songs.
  • Options
    can't disclose where/who i got this info from...but they are obviously in the music business

Quote:
    Ok peeps...Im on the case re Pearl jam, KOL and the big Hawaii finale rumours! Of course the official news may be out before I get an answer for you but considering PJ and KOL are on my label, I'll see what I can find out!

Ok...an update.....Pearl Jam's label manager in the US didnt deny the question of supporting U2 in Hawaii....which usually means its true....so fingers crossed for you guys. They will no doubt announce this with the new dates this week.
  • Options
    I think some Depp guy is on the cover. I don't know for sure...

Please tell me you are being sarcastic...
    Noblesville 6/03
    Toledo 10/04
    Grand Rapids 10/04
    Grand Rapids 5/06
    Cleveland 5/06
    Cincinnati 6/06
    *hopefully sometime before I die* Noblesville

Songs I'm hoping to hear live: Nothingman, In My Tree, Indifference, and Animal
  • Options
    homeratbathomeratbat Posts: 219
    can't disclose where/who i got this info from...but they are obviously in the music business

Quote:
    Ok peeps...Im on the case re Pearl jam, KOL and the big Hawaii finale rumours! Of course the official news may be out before I get an answer for you but considering PJ and KOL are on my label, I'll see what I can find out!

Ok...an update.....Pearl Jam's label manager in the US didnt deny the question of supporting U2 in Hawaii....which usually means its true....so fingers crossed for you guys. They will no doubt announce this with the new dates this week.

since im on the u2 fan club board i know where you got this! a guy who says he works for a record label...
  • Options
    homeratbat wrote:
    since im on the u2 fan club board i know where you got this! a guy who says he works for a record label...

yeah...i felt kinda weird reposting but oh well...

please please please let it come true ;)
  • Options
    yeah...i felt kinda weird reposting but oh well...

please please please let it come true ;)

It IS true. It was in the freaking Rolling Stone for goodness sakes!!! It doesn't get any bigger than that. The only questions left are how many dates, who's opening for who, and when the date or dates are. And of course how the bands' respective fan clubs are doing the tickets, and how the existing tickets (of which I have 2) are going to be dealt with.
  • Options
    The question is: Which Island do you think they will play one? Oahu or Maui? Oahu has the shell in Waikiki, or most likely the aloha stadium in Honolulu. Not sure what Maui has to offer, but they often have big shows.
    "Going where the water tastes like wine" -GD
  • Options
    rhinomagicrhinomagic Charlottesville, VA Posts: 2,549
    The question is: Which Island do you think they will play one? Oahu or Maui? Oahu has the shell in Waikiki, or most likely the aloha stadium in Honolulu. Not sure what Maui has to offer, but they often have big shows.

If you would read the link to the Honolulu newspaper above, you would know that they ARE playing Aloha Stadium. It's already been reserved for December 9.

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • Options
    erickvazdelerickvazdel Posts: 140
    Woooooooooow
    My 2 favorite bands together !!!
    I dont know if this is just a rumor, but I want a ticket for that show.
    If it is true , I dont want to miss it.

Ebay is the option ?
  • Options
    december 9th
    Im Rick James bitch!
  • Options
    blarrg wrote:
    It IS true. It was in the freaking Rolling Stone for goodness sakes!!! It doesn't get any bigger than that.

yeah...it was in print so it MUST be true....sure...

don't get me wrong, i want it to be true but i'm not exactly booking flights/hotel until it's actually announced.

and yes...the show IS at ALOHA STADIUM unless they change the venue. i have my tickets in my hand.
  • Options
    yeah...it was in print so it MUST be true....sure...

don't get me wrong, i want it to be true but i'm not exactly booking flights/hotel until it's actually announced.

and yes...the show IS at ALOHA STADIUM unless they change the venue. i have my tickets in my hand.

Wait.

You have tickets to the show, but you're not booking flights and hotel?

Or is that your advice to others? I'm confused.

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
  • Options
    rhinomagic wrote:
    Wait.

You have tickets to the show, but you're not booking flights and hotel?

Or is that your advice to others? I'm confused.

i'm not booking anything until the date is confirmed by U2 (or PJ for that matter). just saying i'm not taking freakin Rolling Stone's word for it. of course i'll be making arrangments then

this show has been put off since April and there have been countless (actually a shit load) of rumors and guesses concerning it, this PJ rumor is just the latest in a long line of rumors, but by FAR the best ;)
  • Options
    i'm not booking anything until the date is confirmed by U2 (or PJ for that matter). just saying i'm not taking freakin Rolling Stone's word for it. of course i'll be making arrangments then

this show has been put off since April and there have been countless (actually a shit load) of rumors and guesses concerning it, this PJ rumor is just the latest in a long line of rumors, but by FAR the best ;)

Well, certain pieces of confirmed information seem to make this rumor believable:

We know that PJ plans to play Hawai'i, according to the tour program being sold at the '06 shows.

We know that U2 has reserved Aloha Stadium for December 9th.

We know that Kings of Leon is opening for PJ in Australia. Their itinerary leaves open the possibility of playing together in early December.

U2 and PJ had on-stage encounters in Toronto last year. This might be a continuation of those guest appearances.

I'm with you in that I wouldn't start spending money just yet. But as soon as this gets confirmed, I'd be ringing up all the necessary charges if I had it to spend.

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
  • Options
    leadbedr10leadbedr10 Posts: 409
    I am the only one here that doesnt want a u2/pj show?

I really, really hope that pj does there own show. I mean i like u2 somewhat, but i dont want to spend close to 1500$ to see another so called "co" headline show.

Actually, IMHO, fuck that. I dont want u2 to have anything to do with the show.
  • Options
    CHANGEinWAVESCHANGEinWAVES Posts: 10,169
    leadbedr wrote:
    I am the only one here that doesnt want a u2/pj show?

I really, really hope that pj does there own show. I mean i like u2 somewhat, but i dont want to spend close to 1500$ to see another so called "co" headline show.

Actually, IMHO, fuck that. I dont want u2 to have anything to do with the show.

I totally agree...no u2 only pj!!
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
  • Options
    I think it would be something novel to add to Pearl Jam's legacy of 15+ years. Opening for the biggest band on the planet (whether we like to admit that U2 is just that) would be a nice way to end a great year for PJ.

It might even boost their status with rock music fans who are still on the fence about PJ.

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
  • Options
    leadbedr10leadbedr10 Posts: 409
    Im not saying u2 isnt huge, they are.
    but pj doesnt need to do anymore of the respect thing year. i mean theyve already done it with tp and the stones last year. enough already.
    book there own show. its not like it wouldnt sell out.
    i think the only cool thing about a u2/pj would be the huge crowd. but still thats not worth only getting another 90 minute set.
  • Options
    I want to see PJ in a huge stadium, and see eddie on the screens of the "vertigo tour" stage !!!!That shit is huge!!!.
    hpim0948jpg0me.jpg
    PJ in a big stage
    I think its a great idea.
    Lets wait.
  • Options
    The Camaros HoodThe Camaros Hood Boston, MA Posts: 440
    I want to see PJ in a huge stadium, and see eddie on the screens of the "vertigo tour" stage !!!!That shit is huge!!!.
    hpim0948jpg0me.jpg
    PJ in a big stage
    I think its a great idea.
    Lets wait.

Are you sure? I hate seeing U2 in stadiums; too big, not intimate, sound always sucks. These last two tours of theirs has been great indoors. PJ is not a stadium band. I hate seeing them in amphitheaters as it is. A football stadium would be worse. But when you are talking about these two bands, you have to put them in a huge place. It is the only way it will work. I love the idea of these two hooking up for a special night. I hope I can get there and get in.
    Austin, TX - 9/16/95 ~ Charleston, SC - 10/5/96 ~ Dallas, TX - 7/5/98 ~ San Antonio, TX - 4/5/03 ~ Denver, CO - 7/2/06 ~ EV - LA #2 - 4/13/08 ~ Austin, TX - 10/4/09 ~ Los Angeles, CA #1 - 11/23/13 ~ Los Angeles, CA #2 - 11/24/13 ~ Seattle, WA - 12/6/13 ~ NYC #1 - 5/1/16 ~ Boston, MA #1 - 8/5/16 ~ Boston, MA #2 - 8/7/16 ~ Boston, MA #1 - 9/2/18 ~ Boston, MA #2 - 9/4/18 ~ Louisville, KY - 9/17/22 ~ Ft. Worth, TX #1 - 9/13/23 ~ Ft. Worth, TX #2 - 9/15/23 ~ Austin, Texas #1 - 9/18/23 ~ Austin, Texas #2 - 9/19/23
  • Options
    Vital73Vital73 Posts: 34
    djerdap wrote:
    There is a song called Running To Stand Still. Listen to the lyrics and you might change your mind.

Anyway, it is my favorite lyrical song ever.

RTSS is one of my all-time favorite songs by any band. That song alone turned me into a huge U2 fan although I'd already been a casual fan before I heard it. That song is fucking brilliant.

I already booked a trip to Hawaii for Labor Day time frame so I don't see myself going back, damn it! Knew I should have waited. Oh well, have fun you guys this show should fall under the title of "landmark"!!
    I will hold the candle till it burns up my arm
    Oh, I'll keep takin' punches until their will grows tired
    I will stare the sun down until my eyes go blind
    Hey, I won't change direction, and I won't change my mind
  • Options
    Are you sure? I hate seeing U2 in stadiums; too big, not intimate, sound always sucks. These last two tours of theirs has been great indoors. PJ is not a stadium band. I hate seeing them in amphitheaters as it is. A football stadium would be worse. But when you are talking about these two bands, you have to put them in a huge place. It is the only way it will work. I love the idea of these two hooking up for a special night. I hope I can get there and get in.

I saw 2 U2 stadium shows and 1 indoors last year, in my opinion the stadium stage is amazing.
    If they make this official ,I hope i can get tickets ...PJ & U2 in the same place
    I love the idea. :)
  • Options
    Vital73 wrote:
    RTSS is one of my all-time favorite songs by any band. That song alone turned me into a huge U2 fan although I'd already been a casual fan before I heard it. That song is fucking brilliant.

I already booked a trip to Hawaii for Labor Day time frame so I don't see myself going back, damn it! Knew I should have waited. Oh well, have fun you guys this show should fall under the title of "landmark"!!

Love RTSS. Sell your plane tickets :)
  • Options
    well...it's almost friday....U2 said the announcement would be "this week"...i'm so hoping to wake up in the morning to the news of a U2/PJ Party in December!!!!!! come on.....bring it.... :)
  • Options
    NitroNitro Posts: 264
    So I got my hotel room just in case (I can always cancel). here's to hoping! I just hope tickets arent a bitch to get if this does actually happen.
  • Options
    I'm going to wait a little bit more before spending money and making resevations.
  • Options
    When this rumor could be confirmed ???????????