rick1zoo2 wrote:
    fuck yeah!!lets do this!!

Do what?

this!!!!!!!!

It makes me giggle when we do this.
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    $12 for wifi? wth hyatt regency?

Rooms are priced at $259/night and it doesn't come with wifi? seriously?

:fp:
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,214
    duska3419 wrote:

you are right..this is stupid
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    duska3419 wrote:

Charging for WiFi? That's old school...
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,653
    duska3419 wrote:

Charging for WiFi? That's old school...
    Strange. Even the most out of the way, cheap ass motels I've stayed at had free wifi.... at least this probably means we'll have a good signal...? Is that $12 a DAY?!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    I got that info off yelp reviews. On their website it's entirely non-specific, only stating (fee) next to Wifi. So I can't say for sure that its $12 per day but that would be my assumption. I was able to book this before teh demand spiked so i got it for $179/night, but now it's $259 or more depending on which site you look at. I guess their assumption is if you can afford to pay that much money for a room you can afford $12 for wifi? in a hotel of 2000+ rooms i seriously question the signal strength.

for anyone concerned, i also read parking is $50/day.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
  • Options
    RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    duska3419 wrote:
    I got that info off yelp reviews. On their website it's entirely non-specific, only stating (fee) next to Wifi. So I can't say for sure that its $12 per day but that would be my assumption. I was able to book this before teh demand spiked so i got it for $179/night, but now it's $259 or more depending on which site you look at. I guess their assumption is if you can afford to pay that much money for a room you can afford $12 for wifi? in a hotel of 2000+ rooms i seriously question the signal strength.

We made the mistake of driving to the Chicago shows in 2006. We stayed at the Hyatt and parked there. Huge mistake. I'm thinking it was $25 per day then, but I may be wrong. In any case I remember feeling screwed when I saw the bill. Also, I've heard some of these big hotels still charge for wi-fi because they got into long term contracts with internet companies several years ago and are still paying high prices themselves. However, that doesn't sound plausible to me. I mean, how long of a contract would they have signed? More than likely their contract with a provider ran out and they continue to charge because they like the cash flow. I won't be using their wi-fi this time, or their parking. We are taking the train, and I'll just use my phone for the internet.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options
    duska3419 wrote:

We made the mistake of driving to the Chicago shows in 2006. We stayed at the Hyatt and parked there. Huge mistake. I'm thinking it was $25 per day then, but I may be wrong. In any case I remember feeling screwed when I saw the bill. Also, I've heard some of these big hotels still charge for wi-fi because they got into long term contracts with internet companies several years ago and are still paying high prices themselves. However, that doesn't sound plausible to me. I mean, how long of a contract would they have signed? More than likely their contract with a provider ran out and they continue to charge because they like the cash flow. I won't be using their wi-fi this time, or their parking. We are taking the train, and I'll just use my phone for the internet.
    I will have to use their wifi - $12 a day will still be cheaper than what I'd end up paying for international roaming and data fees. :fp: But I'll be shocked if it's $12 a DAY. If it is, I might just do what I can to get it comped. Work my wiles or whatever. Because $12 a day is practically criminal. I'm thinking the person from trip advisor must have meant it was $12 for their entire stay or something.
    $50 a day parking is also criminal. I read somewhere that there is normal priced parking close by though.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    bobby dazzlersbobby dazzlers Posts: 2,009
    i've seen ALOT of hotels charging about $10/day for internet service.

still cheaper than paying robbers or bHell the roaming rates!!!

free wifi service at hotel 71. thats where i'll be staying
    It's a hopeless... situation
    And I'm starting to believe
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    typically rates are per day for wifi.

i think it was a marriott in charleston that was trying to charge me. i called the front desk asking for the password and they said it was 10 or whatever per day. i was like you are kidding right? :fp: ultimatly, they gave me a special password for the week.

my advice...call the front desk.

or go to the lobby..ussally the lobby has free wifi. :roll:

or have one person buy it and share the password here :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    typically rates are per day for wifi.

i think it was a marriott in charleston that was trying to charge me. i called the front desk asking for the password and they said it was 10 or whatever per day. i was like you are kidding right? :fp: ultimatly, they gave me a special password for the week.

my advice...call the front desk.

or go to the lobby..ussally the lobby has free wifi. :roll:

or have one person buy it and share the password here :lol:
    I will definitely do what I can go get it for free. When I tell them how much my canadian phone bill will be because of my trip even with free wifi they will likely take pity on me. :lol:
  • Options
    The reason I assume the charge is per day is because it wouldn't make sense to charge a guest staying for one night the same fee as a guest staying for 10 nights for wifi use. I think I will probably pay for wifi the first day, just to make planning and research a bit easier, then just use the phone the rest of the time. Or find the nearest Dunkin Donuts and use their wifi lol
  • Options
    fuck yeah!!lets do this!!
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Wait, do what now?
  • Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    Wait, do what now?

where?
  • Options
    rearviewrossrearviewross Posts: 3,055
    Just goes to show ya...
    Forced to endure, what I cannot forgive.
  • Options
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    Wait, do what now?

where?
    with who?
  • Options
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    Wait, do what now?

where?
    with who?

Claudia?
  • Options
    peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293

Claudia?

hank+hill+bwah.jpg
  • Options

Claudia?

hank+hill+bwah.jpg

You know...Claudia...

french-maid.jpg
  • Options

Claudia?

hank+hill+bwah.jpg

You know...Claudia...

french-maid.jpg

Would bang
  • Options

You know...Claudia...

french-maid.jpg

Would bang

Let me find out if she is available.
  • Options

Claudia?

hank+hill+bwah.jpg

You know...Claudia...

french-maid.jpg
    :mrgreen:
  • Options

hank+hill+bwah.jpg

You know...Claudia...

french-maid.jpg

Would bang

:lol: No shit? Wow, thanks captain obvious.
  • Options

RFerhh7.jpg
  • Options

RFerhh7.jpg

:lol::lol::lol: Barry doesnt take no shit.
  • Options

RFerhh7.jpg

:lol::lol::lol: Barry doesnt take no shit.

One of my favorite doctored .gifs :lol:
  • Options

RFerhh7.jpg
    :lol: I love that!