Options

The Italian Leg

Comments

• Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Nice weather in Amsterdam, then? What are you going to see?
  • Options
    ScotInAmsterdamScotInAmsterdam Posts: 1,004
    Amsterdam's beautiful... I feel so full of energy and life... I think we're going to see memoires of a giesha... although since my pin pas(Bankcard) is kaput and visa, switch, Mastercard, american expres and maestro seem to be useless in this country.... I'll need to scadge(Good scottish word) money from someone until I pay Abn Amro(Yes I have to pay becuase their card manufacturer isn;t as good as all the other cards in my wallet) for a new one....

I'm honestly not this grumpy... and I just seem to be having a bad day..... There's another rant about fed ex Netherlands being surprised I work every day and wasn't available during their delivery hours(10am to 12am weekdays).... but I'll leave it for another day.
  • Options
    stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    Amsterdam's beautiful... I feel so full of energy and life... I think we're going to see memoires of a giesha... although since my pin pas(Bankcard) is kaput and visa, switch, Mastercard, american expres and maestro seem to be useless in this country.... I'll need to scadge(Good scottish word) money from someone until I pay Abn Amro(Yes I have to pay becuase their card manufacturer isn;t as good as all the other cards in my wallet) for a new one....

I'm honestly not this grumpy... and I just seem to be having a bad day..... There's another rant about fed ex Netherlands being surprised I work every day and wasn't available during their delivery hours(10am to 12am weekdays).... but I'll leave it for another day.

Aww dude that's shit :( So you have tickets for Verona and Bologna? Weird, if you didn't order them.
    As for money, you never replied to my PM about the Barcelona tix. :D

You should go to Bologna anyway and hang out with Given to Fly and myself :D

Memoirs of a Geisha is a very good film by the way :)
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • Options
    I'll get my head around barcelona tickets... tomorrow... I don't really feel right about taking money off you until I have something more tangible than an email confirmation....

Bologna is mid week and I'm already taking the whole of August off for a holiday...

Memoirs of a Geisha - very nice look and feel to the film..... I think it's only the story that lets it down... it kind of feels like a fairy tale for women.... but I enjoyed it nonetheless... it's kind of a twist on the old story of a happy hooker... Maybe I just wasn't in a romantic mood...

For the length of the film.. I was never bored... that can only be a good thing.
  • Options
    stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    I'll get my head around barcelona tickets... tomorrow... I don't really feel right about taking money off you until I have something more tangible than an email confirmation....

Bologna is mid week and I'm already taking the whole of August off for a holiday...

Memoirs of a Geisha - very nice look and feel to the film..... I think it's only the story that lets it down... it kind of feels like a fairy tale for women.... but I enjoyed it nonetheless... it's kind of a twist on the old story of a happy hooker... Maybe I just wasn't in a romantic mood...

For the length of the film.. I was never bored... that can only be a good thing.

OK well if you are sure :) Let me know when you need money though!

I really enjoyed the film and I'm the least romantic person in the world! Just had a nice story plus it's based partly on a true story which always makes a film better.
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    soooo...anyone planning on hanging on a day or 2 in italy? i am planning on booking my flights today - must get it done early with the airmiles and all. having a tough time deciding what to do. :p i think i'm going to leave NYC on the 12th - arrive bologna the 13th. i was originally planning on going a day earlier, but it seems no one will be there that early, and i don't want to have to pay for a hotel solo - so i figured i'd tack an extra day on the end. thuis my plan, leave bologna on the 23rd. anyone staying around? eh well, whatever...i need to have at least one full day of just *being* in italy. :) woweee!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    Does anyone have tickets for MIlan or Verona yeat???

I have bologna tickets and want to add Milan and Verona to my photos collection here:

http://flickr.com/photos/furbyx4
  • Options
    soooo...anyone planning on hanging on a day or 2 in italy? i am planning on booking my flights today - must get it done early with the airmiles and all. having a tough time deciding what to do. :p i think i'm going to leave NYC on the 12th - arrive bologna the 13th. i was originally planning on going a day earlier, but it seems no one will be there that early, and i don't want to have to pay for a hotel solo - so i figured i'd tack an extra day on the end. thuis my plan, leave bologna on the 23rd. anyone staying around? eh well, whatever...i need to have at least one full day of just *being* in italy. :) woweee!

We'll be in Italy from the 9th September and return to UK 23rd but we're travelling via Pisa airport.
    One day the world will be ready for you
    and wonder how they didn't see it...E
  • Options
    shmikeshmike Posts: 216
    hey guys

I got tickets for turin and pistoia from ticketone.it

has anyone recieved tickets via this site yet?

I read that scotinamsterdam had got tickets for bologna from them...even tho he ordered verona....arrrrrrrrgg!!

I have heard nothing and my order status says assigned.....???
    Living the dream in 2006 - Astoria, Reading & Prague
    And 2007 - Wembley

With alchohol in leaf and tree it must be natures plan, for there to be to some degree...alchohol in man
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    ahhhhhhh.....YES! :D
    booked my flights - i am there! haha. had to do it early, due to the generosity of my mother and using her airmiles...had to get it set. was a bit harrowing getting it all set, but finally, done! for awhile it looked like i'd have to spend the night in frankfurt on my return...but luckily worked it all out....just a few hours in vienna and then on my way back home all the same day.

so then, yea, i wanted to enjoy a bit of downtime in italy. was going to leave it for after the shows, but i just could not get a return back to NY except on friday the 22nd. so then, i am arriving in bologna on tuesday 09/12. hopefully there will be a few jammers in town early and we can hang. otherwise, guess i'll be off dreamin' and enjoying solo...and that's fine too! wooohoooo! dreamer in italy 09/12 - 09/22........YES! :cool:

anyone book hotels yet? that's the next course of action. be cool if we got a bunch of us in the same hotels...we shall see...
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    shmike wrote:
    hey guys

I read that scotinamsterdam had got tickets for bologna from them...even tho he ordered verona....arrrrrrrrgg!!

I have heard nothing and my order status says assigned.....???

I've just got a 10 club e-mail saying Pistoia tickets won't be sent out and I have to pick them up an hour before the show. It's a bit worrying if the ticketone tickets are being issued and mailed :(. Anyone else just got the e-mail??
  • Options
    All the 10c tickets are pick-me-up-at-the-venue types.
  • Options
    danmacdanmac Posts: 387
    ahhhhhhh.....YES! :D
    booked my flights - i am there! haha. had to do it early, due to the generosity of my mother and using her airmiles...had to get it set. was a bit harrowing getting it all set, but finally, done! for awhile it looked like i'd have to spend the night in frankfurt on my return...but luckily worked it all out....just a few hours in vienna and then on my way back home all the same day.

so then, yea, i wanted to enjoy a bit of downtime in italy. was going to leave it for after the shows, but i just could not get a return back to NY except on friday the 22nd. so then, i am arriving in bologna on tuesday 09/12. hopefully there will be a few jammers in town early and we can hang. otherwise, guess i'll be off dreamin' and enjoying solo...and that's fine too! wooohoooo! dreamer in italy 09/12 - 09/22........YES! :cool:

anyone book hotels yet? that's the next course of action. be cool if we got a bunch of us in the same hotels...we shall see...

Well you know im flying into Bologna for the 13th, flying home the 22nd.

Hotels / Hostels will be looked at soonish. (Once I get the intended 'family' holiday booked and paid for and had by end of June)

Any ideas, give us a shout.
    A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects
    are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider
    god-fearing and pious: Aristotle

Viva Zapatista!
  • Options
    If anyone is thinking about going to more than one gig and fancies something a bit different(and cheap) for travel and accomodation.... there's a tour bus getting set up....

Fraser and I are rearranging all we can to ensure we use it to its full, cos it's sure to be a riot:

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=190176

see if it fits in with your plans....
  • Options
    EvolutionaryEvolutionary Posts: 880
    Does anyone have tickets for MIlan or Verona yeat???

I have bologna tickets and want to add Milan and Verona to my photos collection here:

http://flickr.com/photos/furbyx4

Had an e-mail today stating that our Verona tickets are being despatched, so I expect them either tomorrow or (more likely) Monday
    shmike wrote:
    hey guys

See above ;)
    ...London Doesn't Call Anymore... (rip joe)

Yes, I have been to some Pearl Jam concerts. Several of them.
  • Options

The missus and myself are leaving on the 21'st, but the flights not till 22:30, so we'll probably be having a day mooching around Pistoia (because it looks pretty), before heading back to Bologna

• Options
    All the 10c tickets are pick-me-up-at-the-venue types.

So...no need to panic then :):), thanks!
  • Options
    ||Release_Me||||Release_Me|| Posts: 1,871
    I'm so excited for these shows. I think they'll be the highlights of the tour. I mean, just look at the venue in Verona. It's crazy!
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

• Options
    burtschipsburtschips Posts: 734
    has anyone got a spare milan ticket?, I'm doing verona and have an extra I could swop with or would simply buy, bit of a long shot but ya never know....
    Salut baloo
  • Options
    Verona tickets arrived today!!!!

Piccy for whoever it was that wanted one...
    http://img226.imageshack.us/img226/4710/dsc005073zg.jpg

Only problem with them is that they aren't concurrent seats :( ... they are seats 125 and 127, which admitedly isn't too bad, as we'll just have to ask the person in 126 if they'd mind switching to either side.

• Options
    Verona tickets arrived today!!!!

Piccy for whoever it was that wanted one...
    http://img226.imageshack.us/img226/4710/dsc005073zg.jpg

Only problem with them is that they aren't concurrent seats :( ... they are seats 125 and 127, which admitedly isn't too bad, as we'll just have to ask the person in 126 if they'd mind switching to either side.

Ah... just had a mooch at the seating plan (http://shop.cosi.it/tol4arena/images/pianta_arena.pdf).... it shows that even number seat are on stage left, and odd numbers are stage right, so we have seats that are next to each other... they are a bit further back in the arena than I'd hoped, but they should give a decent view, and a chance to sit down and relax given that we have the 10c ga tix for the rest of the Italian legs.

• Options
    shmikeshmike Posts: 216
    Had an e-mail today stating that our Verona tickets are being despatched, so I expect them either tomorrow or (more likely) Monday

See above ;)

Still no sign of my Pistoia and Turin tickets from ticketone....:(

anyone else in same situation..?.I hope its not just me
    Living the dream in 2006 - Astoria, Reading & Prague
    And 2007 - Wembley

With alchohol in leaf and tree it must be natures plan, for there to be to some degree...alchohol in man
  • Options
    puschnijepuschnije Posts: 95
    We are still waiting of our tickets for Torino & Pistoia as well..

A bit worried because i don't trust this ticketone at all...
  • Options
    one_stoneone_stone Posts: 291
    I was also waiting (quite nervous) for a sign where my verona - tickets from ticketone might be (even mailed the customerservice twice in english and once in (my best :)) italian, without any useful reply), 10 minutes ago I finally got the confirmation, that they have been handed over for delivery.

Given all the information in this thread yet (only Bologne + Verona seating tickets already delivered), I guess they (ticketone) have just one person somewhere in a little dark room (probably one handed only ;)) that puts the tickets in the envelopes for delivery, starting on top of the concert list (Bologne) and going front-row backwards for each concert (as there seems to be the time for Verona/Standing now...) - Torino and Pistonia which are the last two concerts on the list might then be delivered... mmhh... in two weeks or so?
  • Options
    hmmm.. patience.. usually i have a lot of patience but not when it comes to pearl jam tickets :)

just wondering why they write they send it with express courier and you get it in a few days.... but nothing surprise me anymore with this ticketone company! i like the comment about the one handed in the dark room... you forgot to mention that he is probably blind as well....

i ordered my verona tix with winticket and although they sent it with normal post i got them after one week....

ok... just wait and let's see what we get....
  • Options
    Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    Hmm... just a few questions. I'm now considering the possibility of going to Verona cos it's on a Saturday and no more time off work needed.

I can get tickets on winticket but I can get stone D and F or B and G unreserved apparently. Are they decent enough - does anyone else have tickets in either of these sections that I could go with? Where is everyone staying?

Basically should I get the fucking ticket? Lol.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    hey.. these are Pearl Jam tickets in the apparently awesome Arena di Verona.... should be out of question :)

Guess the unreseverd standing tickets for D, E are decent enought.. a bit far from the stage but with a great view at the venue... B, G not that sure how is the view from there... but still for P.J i would do it AND did it:)

When you aren't sure at all.... the winticket side changed the possible tickets all the time in the last few days... sometime there are even tickets avaiable for the reserved stone step which i bought two days ago even though i had the unreserved tickets already...

I would go for it!!
  • Options
    puschnije wrote:
    hey.. these are Pearl Jam tickets in the apparently awesome Arena di Verona.... should be out of question :)

Guess the unreseverd standing tickets for D, E are decent enought.. a bit far from the stage but with a great view at the venue... B, G not that sure how is the view from there... but still for P.J i would do it AND did it:)

When you aren't sure at all.... the winticket side changed the possible tickets all the time in the last few days... sometime there are even tickets avaiable for the reserved stone step which i bought two days ago even though i had the unreserved tickets already...

I would go for it!!
    So the reserved one is best? and you think I should go for D then? Just wondering if there's anyone here who might have the same spot - don't want to be entirely on my own. Can book it either this afternoon or in the morning :) . Thanks, I know there is no way I'd regret going but I'd be more likely to regret NOT going.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    So the reserved one is best? and you think I should go for D then? Just wondering if there's anyone here who might have the same spot - don't want to be entirely on my own. Can book it either this afternoon or in the morning :) . Thanks, I know there is no way I'd regret going but I'd be more likely to regret NOT going.

*cough* http://shop.cosi.it/tol4arena/images/pianta_arena.pdf *cough*
    The missus and me are in section B (which, due to the randomness of that map is actually the first green block under section F unreserved standing) reserved seating - it's further back than I originally thought, but if you can get near to us, you're welcome to join us :)
    Either way, you should be able to work out the best tix for you from that link.

• Options
    *cough* http://shop.cosi.it/tol4arena/images/pianta_arena.pdf *cough*
    The missus and me are in section B (which, due to the randomness of that map is actually the first green block under section F unreserved standing) reserved seating - it's further back than I originally thought, but if you can get near to us, you're welcome to join us :)
    Either way, you should be able to work out the best tix for you from that link.
    Aww thank you but doesn't reserved seating mean your seats are reserved? :o

I have absolutely no problems going on my own - I've just never really gone to a concert on my own and thought maybe there's someone else here who will be in one of those sections or something. Worth a try anyway ;)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life