Options

The Italian Leg

Comments

• Options
    Neil I think the sale for the Italian shows is on Friday. 9am UK time I think. Will check this later to make sure. :)

Damn there was me thinking I'd escape the crazy Scotsmen this time ;):D

We're like the spanish inquisition... you can't escape us. we'll be flashing wrinkly old cocks at bands made up of mike's illigitimate children during the grunge reunion tour if 2050...
  • Options
    Was the thought of our cocks in 2050 enough to shut down this thread!!! Cool....
  • Options
    stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    Nooooooo!! You killed my thread ;):D

Haha. I'll have nightmares now :eek: ;)
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Was the thought of our cocks in 2050 enough to shut down this thread!!! Cool....

The though was scary enough. I've got this picture in my mind I can't get rid off. Is it too early to drink to oblivion?
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    danmac wrote:
    Bologna for me too. Its more expensive than Milan (Bergamo), bu takes the pressure off getting to the first and last concerts in time!

aha, i see. i was curious why many going to the bologna show would fly into milan first, since it seems it's a 2.5 hour? train ride from milan to bologna. money is always a good reason. :p haha. however, i guess i would have to factor in the price of the additional train ticket, and mostly the convenience factor. i am thinking of flying over 09/11, arrive 09/12...so timing is fine. however, unless it is sooo much cheaper to fly into milan than bologna, i think i'll just stick with my initial plan. as it is i'll be flying a good 8 hours from NYC, so rather keep it as quick and fuss-free as possible, enjoy my travels, and reach my first destination city - bologna - as easily as possible.

i am so happy for this trip! sooooo much to plan, but what a GREAT time it will all be! i hope many of us can gather together in as many cities as possible, i love meeting so many different people from all over during my travels...and ahhh, italy...i can't wait to go back. :)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    memememe Posts: 4,693
    Honestly, I think your best bet would be flying into Milan if the cost is lower.
    Milan is ridiculously well connected to Bologna (2 hours and a train every hour).

Make sure you know which airport you fly into. Americans will likely fly into MXP (Malpensa). The airport is one train ride away from the Central Station. Brits and other Europeans may fly into Linate (close to the city, short bus ride to downtown) or Orio al Serio, which is actually in Bergamo (one hour train East of Milan.

Don't worry though, everything is well connected :)
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • Options
    meme wrote:
    Honestly, I think your best bet would be flying into Milan if the cost is lower.
    Milan is ridiculously well connected to Bologna (2 hours and a train every hour).

Make sure you know which airport you fly into. Americans will likely fly into MXP (Malpensa). The airport is one train ride away from the Central Station. Brits and other Europeans may fly into Linate (close to the city, short bus ride to downtown) or Orio al Serio, which is actually in Bergamo (one hour train East of Milan.

Hmm perhaps flying to Milan would be better then. *ponders* :D
    I dunno. I'm useless at this travelling stuff :D

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • Options
    danmacdanmac Posts: 387
    Yeah I did seriously ponder the Liverpool to Milan that isnt actually option, but I wouldnt have landed til 1945. Then id have needed to get from Bergamo to Milano to Bologna, at night, before a hotel closed!

Took the chiiled out option, so wil be in hotel in Bologna by 7 pm, with luck!
    Its a twnety minute bus ride, or 15 euro taxi to Bologna town from Airport.
    For those that had the idea of driving, I had a look today, and Bologna is notoriously bad for driving. Its banned in the centre until after 2000 hrs by the look of it, and has little parking!

For those intersetd the flight from UK details are - (maybe also for the Americans flying in via London)

British Airways for £142 all taxes included. Plus free drinks and snacks. No good for me now im teatotal!

Flight number: BA2907
    To: Gatwick (London) Terminal N
    Depart: 13 Sep 2006 12:15
    Arrive: 13 Sep 2006 13:15
    Class: Domestic

Flight number: BA2562
    To: Bologna
    Depart: 13 Sep 2006 14:55
    Arrive: 13 Sep 2006 18:00
    Class: Euro Traveller

Flight number: BA2563
    To: Gatwick (London) Terminal N
    Depart: 21 Sep 2006 18:45
    Arrive: 21 Sep 2006 19:55
    Class: Euro Traveller

Flight number: BA2914
    To: Manchester Terminal 3
    Depart: 21 Sep 2006 20:55
    Arrive: 21 Sep 2006 21:55
    Class: Domestic
    A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects
    are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider
    god-fearing and pious: Aristotle

Viva Zapatista!
  • Options
    That's quite expensive :eek: I was hoping for something a little cheaper. Ryanair or Easyjet probably :D

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • Options
    memememe Posts: 4,693
    That's quite expensive :eek: I was hoping for something a little cheaper. Ryanair or Easyjet probably :D

Those will get you into Bergamo. Not too bad, provided you allow for time to ride back to milan and to bologna.
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • Options
    Still need Verona ticket....... Got a few Spain and Portugals if someone wants to trade..... Or else money should do the job ;)
  • Options
    hi, this is my first post......

im from italy and i only managed to get tickets for milan....

im going with a friend and i wanted to know if there was a place we could party before/after!
  • Options
    Your House !!!

Viva Zapatista!
  • Options
    that would actually be pretty fucking sweet, only that i live about 200 km away from milan.....

good idea though...

we were planning on bringing a bottle of absinthe or two....
  • Options
    hi, this is my first post......
    im from italy and i only managed to get tickets for milan....
    im going with a friend and i wanted to know if there was a place we could party before/after!
    danmac wrote:
    Your House !!!
    Really LOL
  • Options
    meme wrote:
    Those will get you into Bergamo. Not too bad, provided you allow for time to ride back to milan and to bologna.

WE found one from Stansted to Bologna and that was fairly cheap

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • Options
    The last time I flew with Meridiana.it I was going to florence... an engine cut out and they landed in Bologna.. not a recommended way to get to bologna but good enough.....

You don't know how worrying it is when you vaguely understand that they just said the engine is out in Italian and you have to wait for what seems like ages to know the real details in the english translation.
  • Options
    brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    i'm waiting for the Italian boot.......
  • Options
    meme wrote:

i'll definitely look into it. it's so nice we have the luxury of time for planning. it seems always a rush and a stress for scoring 10c tix :p.....but at least for the whole journey ahead, so much to do, and have the time to really think about it.

i am SOOO looking forward to this pj holiday. :D good food, good drink, excellent company, unreal architecture and art to seep in, brilliant music in every city......life doesn't get much better!

the flights are the easiest to plan, and i also may have free airmiles to utilize so again, i may just fly to bologna in any case. the real challenge is coordinating train travel between cities, and all the hotels, yikes! stressful - but worth it! :cool:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    trains look easy, no more than 2 hrs between the cities.

Hotel will be different! Maybe we could get a group rate for booking or something?

Im in Bologna from the 13th BTW, flight booked and dusted. Just hotels needed now!

See you al there, this is going to be the coolest eight days.

Viva Zapatista!
  • Options
    The tickets are up here:

http://www.ticketone.it
  • Options
    jeaubongjeaubong Posts: 132
    Is anyone familiar with each venue plan?

Why are the public sale standing tickets in Bologna and Torino cheaper than seating? Unless the seatings are right in front of the stage, this doesn't make sense to me.

And for the other venues, can anyone please confirm that the most expensive tickets are for the mosh pit, except Verona of course?
    "\O/"
    ` | '
    _/ \_
  • Options
    danmac wrote:
    trains look easy, no more than 2 hrs between the cities.

Hotel will be different! Maybe we could get a group rate for booking or something?

Im in Bologna from the 13th BTW, flight booked and dusted. Just hotels needed now!

See you al there, this is going to be the coolest eight days.

excellent and yes! i think many of us would be interested. i will most probably be in italy from early on the 12th thru the 22nd, or that's my tentative plan.

just found out today, my mother is kindly donating her airmiles to me - so i can fly roundtrip to italy for free! :D yea, nice to save some cash....more to cover other expenses/pleasures. :p woohooo!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    Oooh ooooh oooh is all I can say!

No Verona tix for me :( but I do have tix for the other four shows so it's all good :D

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • Options
    KeithosKeithos Posts: 853
    excellent and yes! i think many of us would be interested. i will most probably be in italy from early on the 12th thru the 22nd, or that's my tentative plan.

just found out today, my mother is kindly donating her airmiles to me - so i can fly roundtrip to italy for free! :D yea, nice to save some cash....more to cover other expenses/pleasures. :p woohooo!

I'm thinking of flying to Milan on the 12 from Paris, then getting the train to Bologna... the flight is only €0.16 at the moment... (I love them special offers)

Is anyone else going to Italy from paris?
  • Options
    OK!!!!!!!! Given to Fly and myself will be at Verona. She managed to get tix!!
    I'm still trying for others but the site is hopeless. The server just can't cope *goes off on rant about stupid servers* ;)

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • Options
    YES!

just got verona tickets, so myself and stonesgstring will be doing the whole italian leg too :D
    20.04.06, 23.08.06, 27.08.06, 14.09.06, 16.09.06, 17.09.06, 19.09.06, 20.09.06, 18.06.07
  • Options
    ChrysophylaxChrysophylax Copenhagen, Denmark Posts: 101
    I´m in for 4 of the 5 - will have to do without Milan but I´ll live:-)

Check http://www.trenitalia.com - looks like a 6-day trainpass will set you back 179 euros - not too bad for 6 days of unlimited traintravel?!

Makes for more beers and partying than driving people:-)

Hope to see you there this fall

Ras
    '00: London, Roskilde
    '06: San Francisco I-II-III, The Gorge I-II
    '06: Bern, Bologna, Verona, Milan, Turin, Pistoia
    '07: Copenhagen
    '09: Berlin
    '10: Berlin
    '12: Amsterdam I-II
    '14: Milan, Berlin
    '16: EV at Heartland Festival
    '18: Krakow, Berlin 
    '22: Berlin, Zürich, Copenhagen, Amsterdam I-II
  • Options
    i was thinking of getting a train pass too. thanks for the link :)

anyone else up for staying in youth hostels or somewhere really cheap? i can't really afford to pay out for a hotel, and would much prefer to have more drinking money ;)
    20.04.06, 23.08.06, 27.08.06, 14.09.06, 16.09.06, 17.09.06, 19.09.06, 20.09.06, 18.06.07
  • Options
    I´m in for 4 of the 5 - will have to do without Milan but I´ll live:-)

Check http://www.trenitalia.com - looks like a 6-day trainpass will set you back 179 euros - not too bad for 6 days of unlimited traintravel?!

Makes for more beers and partying than driving people:-)

Hope to see you there this fall

Ras

Have no idea what that equate's to in £ but seems like a good option to me. So long as I don't lose or forget the ticket like I did my London Tube card!! :D

Def worth it if you have more drinking money I reckon :D

Rockin' out to Creadles