Options

The Italian Leg

stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
edited August 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
So with five dates in Italy, who's going to any or all?! :D

If so, how are you travelling between gigs? We should arrange pre-gig meet ups. Are there any Italians on here who could recommend a decent pub?

I don't know much about Italy I'm afraid. Don't even have a clue about the venues! :D
20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    memememe Posts: 4,693
    ahah... we don't have any pubs in Italy :D
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • Options
    meme wrote:
    ahah... we don't have any pubs in Italy :D

What?!! :eek: Bars then I guess *eyes suspiciously* :D

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • Options
    Going to the last two and trying for more!! A meet up sounds great. Can't wait!!
  • Options
    I'm doing all five shows. Would love to meet up with people before and/or after the shows.
    Can't escape from the common rule
    If you hate something...don't you do it too
  • Options
    Going to the last two and trying for more!! A meet up sounds great. Can't wait!!

Yay!! :D I'm actually going to need to look into where we can meet up though

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • Options
    Yay!! :D I'm actually going to need to look into where we can meet up though

Well I just want to be included :p
  • Options
    So with five dates in Italy, who's going to any or all?! :D

If so, how are you travelling between gigs? We should arrange pre-gig meet ups. Are there any Italians on here who could recommend a decent pub?

I don't know much about Italy I'm afraid. Don't even have a clue about the venues! :D

Yer i be up for that dude.
    Where all the good fools come

*Proud to be part of the Astorain crew*

#Lisbonnight#

@Wemberly07@

@MEN ARENA09@
  • Options
    What?!! :eek: Bars then I guess *eyes suspiciously* :D

I recommend hanging out in Pizzerias and Gelaterias... you may find a few Birrerias and Osterias too :) You'll have the time of your life, I promise :)
  • Options
    Cool, thanks for the tip meme :) I've actually never been to Italy before :D Should be an experience for sure :D

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • Options
    ||Release_Me||||Release_Me|| Posts: 1,871
    Cool, thanks for the tip meme :) I've actually never been to Italy before :D Should be an experience for sure :D

Me neither, but i'm so excited to do the tourist bit before the show!
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

• Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    i'm going to all 5!!! wooohooo!!! from what i've heard, easiest/best way between vities is trains, so that is my tentative plan. i am totally up for meet-ups, whatever...i am semi traveling solo - hopefully meeting up weith friends and sharing hotel expenses, but otherwise on my own. sooooo looking forward to it!

beck - you MUST get tix to ALL shows, someway somehow!!! you're one of my italy buddies - cmon now! :p
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    i'm going to all 5!!! wooohooo!!! from what i've heard, easiest/best way between vities is trains, so that is my tentative plan. i am totally up for meet-ups, whatever...i am semi traveling solo - hopefully meeting up weith friends and sharing hotel expenses, but otherwise on my own. sooooo looking forward to it!

beck - you MUST get tix to ALL shows, someway somehow!!! you're one of my italy buddies - cmon now! :p

I am trying my best!!! Believe me!! What a time we are going to have! :D
  • Options
    Ok i'm looking for good pictures of the inside of the Fila Forum in Milan....can anyone point me in the right direction?
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

• Options
    I am trying my best!!! Believe me!! What a time we are going to have! :D

you HAVE to, it's an imperative! i have complete and total faith, you WILL get tix! even if it's the day of the show and some kind 10Clubber sells you their extra right then - you WILL get in!

man, i am just so HAPPY all day today! :D
    can ya tell?! :o:p:D
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    by the way, i'm glad there's a thread about Italian shows because i'm going to have no idea where to go when we arrive in Milan. I'm gonna need someone to help me with directions!

• Options
    by the way, i'm glad there's a thread about Italian shows because i'm going to have no idea where to go when we arrive in Milan. I'm gonna need someone to help me with directions!

Flying or riding the train?
  • Options
    Ok i'm looking for good pictures of the inside of the Fila Forum in Milan....can anyone point me in the right direction?

this is all I got :p

http://images.google.it/images?q=fila+forum&hl=it&btnG=Cerca+immagini

what do you want to know?
  • Options
    meme wrote:
    Flying or riding the train?

I'll be flying from the UK to Milan, but once i get there i don't have a clue how to get to the arena or where people are meeting beforehand etc.

I was looking for venue pictures because i have a weird obsession about seeing a full-capacity arena, especially one that i'm going to! I love seeing pictures of big crowds!

• Options
    is anyone flying into bologna? that's my plan. i have to get a connection out of rome, but it just seems easiest. first and last shows in italy seem closest, or in :p, bologna - yes? so seems ideal. then just go by train city to city. so much to plan - glad we have lots of time!

i am just one mutherfeckin' HAPPY dreamer right now! :D life IS beautiful.
    i still can't believe i am going to do this....what a DREAM!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    I'll be flying from the UK to Milan, but once i get there i don't have a clue how to get to the arena or where people are meeting beforehand etc.
    quote]

im flying to milan from the us and also dont know much about the arena. i will be staying in verona for a couple of nights. is it easy to find transportation from the milan airport to verona?
  • Options
    crazypjfan wrote:
    quote]

im flying to milan from the us and also dont know much about the arena. i will be staying in verona for a couple of nights. is it easy to find transportation from the milan airport to verona?

i have no idea lol!
    I'm gonna have to look into it all pretty soon!

• Options
    cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    crazypjfan wrote:

i have no idea lol!
    I'm gonna have to look into it all pretty soon!
    it will certainly be an adventure!
  • Options
    ChrysophylaxChrysophylax Copenhagen, Denmark Posts: 101
    Anybody else excited about the Pistoia venue? Nobody seems to comment on it, but as far as I can tell it´s easily the smallest venue (some places say 3500 others 6500) on the tour and (supposing it won´t rain) an absolutely georgeous setting!

I foresee Ed and the band going mental about the setting and throwing us a truly amazing show:-)

No idea how I will get around from city to city though but train sounds like the best idea - leaves room for beers:-)

See you there - I hope!
    '00: London, Roskilde
    '06: San Francisco I-II-III, The Gorge I-II
    '06: Bern, Bologna, Verona, Milan, Turin, Pistoia
    '07: Copenhagen
    '09: Berlin
    '10: Berlin
    '12: Amsterdam I-II
    '14: Milan, Berlin
    '16: EV at Heartland Festival
    '18: Krakow, Berlin 
    '22: Berlin, Zürich, Copenhagen, Amsterdam I-II
  • Options
    KeithosKeithos Posts: 853
    I started a thread yesterday called "the Italian Job", for those doing the Italian leg... There's talk about hiring a car, and 5 sharing the driving... could be good!
  • Options
    danmacdanmac Posts: 387
    is anyone flying into bologna? that's my plan. i have to get a connection out of rome, but it just seems easiest. first and last shows in italy seem closest, or in :p, bologna - yes? so seems ideal. then just go by train city to city. so much to plan - glad we have lots of time!

i am just one mutherfeckin' HAPPY dreamer right now! :D life IS beautiful.
    i still can't believe i am going to do this....what a DREAM!

Bologna for me too. Its more expensive than Milan (Bergamo), bu takes the pressure off getting to the first and last concerts in time!
    A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects
    are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider
    god-fearing and pious: Aristotle

Viva Zapatista!
  • Options
    Go by train or by car?
    If you share the car with someone else it could be a good idea.
    But I remind you that (suddently) my country is not Swizterland and here in Italy oil is maybe more expensive than in your country...
    Here a little comparisation of the price of green oil (benzina verde) in the first column.
    http://dgerm.attivitaproduttive.gov.it/dgerm/bpheuropa.asp?txtAnno=2006&txtMese=4&txtGiorno=10
  • Options
    cropdustresscropdustress Posts: 4,339
    Verona and Milan,
    We should meet at a pre-party somewhere ;):D

Any recommendations where? :D
    Can't wait!
    "I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened"
  • Options
    I will be over with the Omnipotent I Scot ID for the Milan gig... we need tickets for the Verona gig... Keith has promised us one I think.. but another wouldn't go amiss to avoid us splitting a tout fee between us..

We'll be flying in on Ryanair to Milan I think... Arrive friday lucnhtime milan and leave monday from milan..

Does anyone know the details for the public sale for these shows?
  • Options
    I will be over with the Omnipotent I Scot ID for the Milan gig... we need tickets for the Verona gig... Keith has promised us one I think.. but another wouldn't go amiss to avoid us splitting a tout fee between us..

We'll be flying in on Ryanair to Milan I think... Arrive friday lucnhtime milan and leave monday from milan..

Does anyone know the details for the public sale for these shows?

Neil I think the sale for the Italian shows is on Friday. 9am UK time I think. Will check this later to make sure. :)

Damn there was me thinking I'd escape the crazy Scotsmen this time ;):D

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • Options
    Verona and Milan,
    We should meet at a pre-party somewhere ;):D

Any recommendations where? :D
    Can't wait!

Still working on where we can meet pre / post gigs for drinks. Something will definitely happen though :D

Rockin' out to Creadles