Options

******** YOUR PHILADELPHIA EAGLES ********

Comments

• Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,676
    hey, hey, hey.....wasn't darren mcfadden a pretty good college RB about 10 years ago?

fuck me running.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,811
    imalive said:

hey, hey, hey.....wasn't darren mcfadden a pretty good college RB about 10 years ago?

fuck me running.

I thought he was going to be a great RB -- until he turned out to suck and be brittle. The Cowboys can have him! (With that line he should do well until he gets hurt in game 3)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,528
    edited March 2015

The Fixer said:

I dont think I understand the McCoy for Murray thing being an upgrade but for this off season the entertainment value living local to Philly is fucking off the charts. I love the fans here and this has people so riled up it is being discussed non-stop. I was in the airport 2x this week and the shuttle rides, security lines, plane boarding commentary was grade-fucking-A entertainment all around.

They got murray and ryan mathews for less than what they were going to pay mccoy this year.

Which player would you rather have?

PLayer A - 1,845 rush yards, 14 TDs, 4.7 ypc
    PLayer B - 1,319 rush yards, 5 TDs, 4.2 ypc
    I would rather have 333 rush yards, 4 TDs, 4.0 ypc. That is Carlos Hyde, baby! :lol: Sorry, that is my 49er fandom whining about the shitty off-season they have endured.

Player A is the obvious selection there. (I thought Murray had 13 TDs...not that it matters for that comparison at all.) Doesn't mean those stats would be the same next year - could be Shady would have put up those numbers running behind that fucking meat grinder of an O Line that the Cowgirls rolled out there last season.

Either way, time will tell and I love that it gets the Birds fans all fired up. (And I love as an NFL fan that it hurts the Cowboys, who I despise.)
    player A also comes with less guaranteed money, hurts the cowboys (darren mcfadden-HA), is a more north/south runner which would fit this system more than shady, and kiko alonso.....

the sam bradford thing is a total head scratcher. if the 2nd rounder wasn't involved, i think it would not be so universally disliked around here. only 2 ways it makes sense is if it's true some teams had interest in him and they use him to trade up....or chip turns him into a pro bowl caliber qb. both of which are unlikely. but--it's not like they had joe montana under center last year. i liked foles but more in a "we still don't know exactly what we have in him" kind of way and wanted to give him a year. chip obviously feels like bradford has a higher ceiling in his system.

who the fuck knows how this will play out? i sure as hell don't. one thing i do appreciate is outside the box thinking and it is funny watching and listening to all these traditional nfl talking heads losing their shit over all this stuff. here's to hoping chip proves them all wrong.
    Yeah you gotta love the Cowboys going in on Run DMc. He gets injured even more than Ryan Matthews. Hell last year he was healthy and he backed up MJD!

Bradford is odd.
    As I posted somewhere else (this or the NFL thread cannot recall) I also am rooting for this to work for Kelly and to see this mad scientist routine produce results. Would love to see all of the people going nutso take it back. Especially that guy in the YouTube videos that keeps dropping n bombs on Chip.
    That guy in the YouTube video is the worst. Sadly, I think he was a fair representation of most people around here as shit was going down. Seems like most people have come to their senses but I had to talk multiple people off the ledge. Haha

Fischer confirming he was offered a 1st rounder for bradford makes me feel better about giving up next year's 2nd now.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,284
    mca47 said:

I could watch that guy all day! hahahaha
    yeah i'm gonna take this dude seriously??? He has a Hoying jersey hanging on his wall!!!! :lol:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837

The Fixer said:

I dont think I understand the McCoy for Murray thing being an upgrade but for this off season the entertainment value living local to Philly is fucking off the charts. I love the fans here and this has people so riled up it is being discussed non-stop. I was in the airport 2x this week and the shuttle rides, security lines, plane boarding commentary was grade-fucking-A entertainment all around.

They got murray and ryan mathews for less than what they were going to pay mccoy this year.

I would rather have 333 rush yards, 4 TDs, 4.0 ypc. That is Carlos Hyde, baby! :lol: Sorry, that is my 49er fandom whining about the shitty off-season they have endured.

Player A is the obvious selection there. (I thought Murray had 13 TDs...not that it matters for that comparison at all.) Doesn't mean those stats would be the same next year - could be Shady would have put up those numbers running behind that fucking meat grinder of an O Line that the Cowgirls rolled out there last season.

Either way, time will tell and I love that it gets the Birds fans all fired up. (And I love as an NFL fan that it hurts the Cowboys, who I despise.)
    player A also comes with less guaranteed money, hurts the cowboys (darren mcfadden-HA), is a more north/south runner which would fit this system more than shady, and kiko alonso.....

the sam bradford thing is a total head scratcher. if the 2nd rounder wasn't involved, i think it would not be so universally disliked around here. only 2 ways it makes sense is if it's true some teams had interest in him and they use him to trade up....or chip turns him into a pro bowl caliber qb. both of which are unlikely. but--it's not like they had joe montana under center last year. i liked foles but more in a "we still don't know exactly what we have in him" kind of way and wanted to give him a year. chip obviously feels like bradford has a higher ceiling in his system.

who the fuck knows how this will play out? i sure as hell don't. one thing i do appreciate is outside the box thinking and it is funny watching and listening to all these traditional nfl talking heads losing their shit over all this stuff. here's to hoping chip proves them all wrong.
    Yeah you gotta love the Cowboys going in on Run DMc. He gets injured even more than Ryan Matthews. Hell last year he was healthy and he backed up MJD!

Bradford is odd.
    As I posted somewhere else (this or the NFL thread cannot recall) I also am rooting for this to work for Kelly and to see this mad scientist routine produce results. Would love to see all of the people going nutso take it back. Especially that guy in the YouTube videos that keeps dropping n bombs on Chip.

Fischer confirming he was offered a 1st rounder for bradford makes me feel better about giving up next year's 2nd now.
    Why? Don't see the correlation at all
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    The Fixer said:

The Fixer said:

Bradford is odd.

well it means foles and a 2nd is a lot closer to market value than originally thought...unless you think really really high of foles, I guess (the eagles clearly don't):

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2015/3/13/8209741/nfl-trade-rumors-rams-first-round-draft-pick-sam-bradford-nick-foles-trade-eagles-quarterback

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

mca47 said:

I could watch that guy all day! hahahaha
    yeah i'm gonna take this dude seriously??? He has a Hoying jersey hanging on his wall!!!! :lol:
    and you know that bedroom is in his parent's house. haha
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

The Fixer said:

The Fixer said:

Bradford is odd.

well it means foles and a 2nd is a lot closer to market value than originally thought...unless you think really really high of foles, I guess (the eagles clearly don't):

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2015/3/13/8209741/nfl-trade-rumors-rams-first-round-draft-pick-sam-bradford-nick-foles-trade-eagles-quarterback

rumor is that the 1st round pick that was offered was the browns at 19. I think foles and a second is worth more than that pick.

I'm on the record as saying foles is average. that said I don't think I would have traded him for bradford straight up...let alone thrown in a second round pick. I really don't like that trade...or the entirety of the eagles offseason so far.

the fact that one team offered a first rounder for bradford doesn't really have any bearing on whether or not it was a good trade for the eagles. the trade still sucks
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    The Fixer said:

The Fixer said:

The Fixer said:

Bradford is odd.

rumor is that the 1st round pick that was offered was the browns at 19. I think foles and a second is worth more than that pick.

I'm on the record as saying foles is average. that said I don't think I would have traded him for bradford straight up...let alone thrown in a second round pick. I really don't like that trade...or the entirety of the eagles offseason so far.

the fact that one team offered a first rounder for bradford doesn't really have any bearing on whether or not it was a good trade for the eagles. the trade still sucks
    well i never said it was a good trade. i said it was a head scratcher. time will tell. i just think it's not as bad as I originally thought, considering what the actual market appears to have been.

the eagles just didn't see foles as a guy they could win a super bowl with. they didn't have a lot of other options and they wound up with a guy who they think has a higher upside playing on a better team and in a similar system to what he had at oklahoma. sometimes a guy just has to be on the right team, at the right time, with the right coach, in the right system to succeed. who knows? all of those teams he played on in st louis were garbage and devoid of talent so maybe he realizes his potential here? and if it does, it cost you an average (probably at best) qb and a 2nd rounder. i would take that. it's unlikely that it pans out, but you never know.

.......or they trade him on draft day!

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    juggler, dude...you're too often blinded by 'what could be' type potential. pie in the sky type shit. don't talk yourself into stupid

this is gonna end poorly.
  • Options
    i'm just trying to understand it. with a trade like this, i don't think it's possible to know the outcome until you see how it plays out.

here are pro football focus' grades on the eagles moves thus far:

Mccoy Trade-
    Philadelphia Eagles: A
    In bringing Kiko Alonso aboard, the Eagles' D gets younger, cheaper and positions the unit to field a pair of athletic linebackers who have excelled in coverage in recent seasons -- Alonso finishing second among inside linebackers in that category with a plus-13.1 grade in 2013 and Mychal Kendricks fourth in 2014 at plus-9.5. The two also led the position the past two seasons with matching 0.43 yards per coverage snap figures.

In another forward-thinking play, Chip Kelly's Eagles could be seizing the opportunity to capitalize on what their tempo-based offense dictates: opponents forced to play at speed and keep up against a Philly defense better equipped to shut off passing lanes. Alonso is surely a better fit with that idea than the incumbent DeMeco Ryans has been, and pairing that with the familiarity factor from his Oregon days, last season's injury is the only reason for pause.

Maxwell Signing-Philadelphia Eagles: B
    Looking at just on-field production, Maxwell, a sixth-round pick in the 2011 draft, emerged in 2013 with a plus-10.4 coverage grade (including playoffs). He allowed 50 percent of passes to be completed into his coverage during his breakout season, while intercepting four and deflecting nine more. It wasn't as smooth sailing in 2014 for Maxwell, as his coverage grade fell to minus-1.9 while allowing 65 percent of passes to be completed. He also had a plus-3.1 coverage grade against the Eagles, by far his best mark in any game last season.

Did the Eagles overpay based on what they saw firsthand? With Richard Sherman manning the left side of the Seahawks' defense, Maxwell was frequently targeted at right cornerback. He has little experience playing anywhere other than the right side (four snaps at left cornerback, 174 in the slot compared to 612 at right cornerback), but that shouldn't be an issue in Philly, as the Eagles rarely tracked wide receivers with their corners last season. But if they want to get their money's worth, they may look to an expanded role from Maxwell, and that inherently comes with some risk if asking him to match up with the league's best.

Despite the drop-off in 2014, Maxwell will likely fall somewhere between his 2013 and 2014 production, which makes him a solid corner and therefore a highly coveted one in a thin free-agent market. He should be an upgrade in an Eagles secondary that needs one.

Folks Trade-
    Philadelphia Eagles: C-plus

The last we saw of Sam Bradford was in 2013, and at that time he was one of the most accurate quarterbacks in the league. His accuracy percentage (completion percentage adjusted for receiver drops and other factors) was 74.7 percent, which was seventh best among 41 qualifying quarterbacks. The last time he played a full season was 2012, when he was above average, grading out at a plus-8.5 in his PFF pass rating.

The obvious concern with Bradford is his health. In every year since becoming a starter Bradford was pressured more than the average quarterback, which leads to more hits and sacks. In Philadelphia, he will be behind one of the best lines in the league, so he should take fewer sacks and hits -- which lowers his injury risk.

The move looks like an upgrade for the Eagles. While Foles played well in 2013, his play deteriorated in 2014. His accuracy percentage in 2014 was 68.6 percent, which ranked in the bottom 10 among quarterbacks.

Adding a potential second-round pick in 2016 in order to potentially upgrade at quarterback might be a little steep, but the provisions in the trade help in case Bradford doesn't start or is hurt.

Mathews Signing-
    Philadelphia Eagles: B

Mathews was the No. 12 overall pick back in 2010. He had an underwhelming rookie season, but by 2012 it seemed like he could become a decent running back. His last full season was 2013 when he forced 27 missed tackles, which put him among the 20 best backs in the league that year.

He missed most of 2014 with injuries, but he was effective when he did play. His 2.8 yards after contact per carry was tied for the fourth-best rate among backs with at least 60 rushes. Even though the Chargers used him more for rushing than receiving, he has caught at least 90 percent of passes thrown his way each of the past two seasons, proving a reliable and underrated pair of hands. While he has the upside, he has a clear injury concern.

In Philadelphia, it's unlikely he ever becomes an every-down back. They have Darren Sproles, and the Eagles could well add a third back to the mix before the season begins. In San Diego, Mathews was in a lot of two-wide receiver sets, while Philadelphia doesn't use a fullback -- that will be an adjustment.

If you add up all the run block grades of the Chargers' offensive players, the total is minus-50.3, which was the second-worst total in the league. On the other side of the spectrum, Philadelphia had a plus-85.7 total, which was the league's best. The improved line play should mean his numbers will improve, which makes him -- and most backs, frankly -- a good fit in Philadelphia's system. However, the fact he'll just be a role player, as well as the injury concerns, stops it from being a higher grade.

Murray Signing
    Philadelphia Eagles: A

In 2013, the Eagles had the best rushing attack in the league. In 2014, things took a step backward due to injuries on the offensive line, which resulted in LeSean McCoy not being as effective. In 2015, Philadelphia's rushing attack could be better than ever with Murray instead of McCoy.

Part of Murray's success was due to the offensive line in Dallas. On his average carry he wasn't getting contacted until 2.2 yards past the line of scrimmage (seventh in the league), but a bigger part of his success was what he did after contact, as 67 players missed tackles on him (second most in the league, trailing only Marshawn Lynch). That rate of forcing missed tackles was higher than McCoy's rate and led to Murray averaging a respectable 2.5 yards after contact per carry compared to McCoy's 2.1.

Though McCoy may be a shiftier runner, Murray is a consistent force at turning big holes at the point of attack into long gains. He had 27 runs of 15 or more yards in 2014, nine more than any other runner, and he will exploit the blocking the Eagles give him as well if not better than McCoy was able to.

While the Cowboys' O-line is better at pass protection, the Eagles' O-line is better at run blocking. Jason Peters, Evan Mathis, Jason Kelce and Lane Johnson were all among the top six at their respective positions in 2014 in run blocking, despite Mathis, Kelce and Johnson missing time. When you move Murray from the second-best run-blocking line to the best, you're going to get something special.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,267
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,633
    lol
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    mca47 said:
    Love it. haha
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,304
    mca47 said:
    WTF? Chip is either insane or just screwing with us now
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

mca47 said:
    WTF? Chip is either insane or just screwing with us now
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    Sounds like Chip is working on a reality show! hehehehe
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,127
    Or he is intent on creating the worlds worst ever, real life fantasy football QB roster. I find it quite fascinating. I'm waiting for him to convince Jake Plummer to come out of retirement. It could happen.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    and tebow spent a training camp with the pats a couple years ago. who cares? it's march. this is what teams do in the offseason.

i'm sure the youtube guy flipped out over this "workout"/non signing too...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    RIP Chuck Bednarik image
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

mca47 said:
    Love it. haha
    apparently it's official now. imageimage

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12723790/tim-tebow-philadelphia-eagles-reach-contract-agreement

Guess that means no Mariotta? But you never know. Draft should be very interesting now
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,791
    LOL
  • Options
    Hahahahaha!

Hahahaha hahahaha!

Hahahahahahahahahahaha!
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,566

JK_Livin said:

mca47 said:
    Love it. haha
    apparently it's official now. imageimage

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12723790/tim-tebow-philadelphia-eagles-reach-contract-agreement

Guess that means no Mariotta? But you never know. Draft should be very interesting now
    He'll be cut.

• Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,676
    thanks 10c.....I can no longer super font and color.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,304
    I don't even know what to say about this off-season anymore. very baffling. even those around here that were sending Chip to Canton already have to be a little confused.
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,633
    Chip Kelly: The worlds most successful troll
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    I hope everyone realizes it'll be a non-guaranteed deal and that the roster expands to 90 players when only a little more than half of that actually make the team. Does it make a difference whether it's Tebow or some other retread? The answer is no.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,811
    As a non-iggle fan who watches their games I am even further fascinated if Chip can head into the season with Tebow as his #3. (Although my USC degree makes me sad for Matt B if that is the case...but he looks like shit in any action (even preseason) they give him.)

Is there a team that people will be more interested to check out this season? I hope things work out and as much as I was sick of the Tebow crap in NY I think it will be entertaining as hell to start up again.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    I can't wait to see how things unfold. If only the Eagles had kept Foles. That was the 1 move I didn't like.

Go Tebow
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self