Options

******** YOUR PHILADELPHIA EAGLES ********

Comments

• Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,663
    edited March 2015

At the end of the day, who is mildly scary on the eagles offense now? Sproles? Okay? Like pj said you get rid of your best offensive player two years in a row. What are you left with? Will be curious to see who they end up with. Spiller? He can't run between the tackles.

Defense? Okay? Still no secondary.

If this were the cowboys making the exact same moves, me thinks jugs would be talking shit.

Seems to me the eagles have regressed the last couple years. I like

regressed from 4-12? haha. good one.

dude--free agency and the draft haven't even started. they have enough $ to sign anyone they want now. i presume the secondary will be addressed promptly. front 7 is loaded and young as hell.

the offense is obviously going to look a lot different. no idea if the rumors of trading up are true or not. no idea if they're willing to take a step back to take two steps forward. talk to me in june about this, not a week before the off season actually begins.

and you said it was a bad trade for the bills earlier, now you're implying it's bad for the eagles? can't have it both ways.

Yeah, I don't know. It doesn't make a ton of sense to me for either team at this point. Agreed though that things will be very different. They clearly cleared a lot of money.
  • Options

They serve the green koolaid cold here in philly

please. in the giants thread, there's an excuse following everyone of eli's interceptions. literally everyone of them. talk about koolaid....
    haha. Not from me.
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,633
    One thing I noticed. Fans from both teams are being quick to turn on their departed player.

Kiko has become a guy that played 5 great games, tailed off and has had 2 acl reconstructions.

Mccoy is an overpaid rb heading into the twilight.

I think it's an exciting trade for both sides. Buffalo is doing what they can to win without a qb but with great athletes in other key positions in their prime. Philly may have an emerging star/ leader on defense they haven't had in awhile.
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364

Isn't he only like 26? Over 1300 yds rushing in a two back league. Good enough for 3rd. I will take that. I think he's a year or two older than Kiko. I like both players and actually think both teams got a good player in the deal.

he'll be 27 in july. that is the age most rb's start to tail off. i think kiko is 24? only entering his 3 year right? plus he plays a position that's peak usually lasts into his early 30's.

there's some stat out there about rb's production falling off after a season with more than 300 carries. shady's done that two years in a row now. shady is great at not taking big hits...but eventually the workload will catch up to him.
    Yeah he will be 25 going into this year. Like I said, I like both guys. There are more health questions with the guy who just had major reconstructive knee surgery in my opinion.
    there's a long list ,that gets added to each year, of guys coming off acl's and not skipping a beat.

like i said in the bills thread, i'm still gonna root for shady up there. i've always liked the bills.
    Eagles got a steal contract wise. Kiko is under his rookie deal for two more years. I like him a lot. If he comes back like all these other guys have, you got a hell of a football player.
    I believe they have him for 3 years because of the missed injury year.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Well holy shit. I got this news when I was on the treadmill last night and thought my heart might explode. I can't say I wasn't shocked by this. I think I was more mad about the DeSean cut because we received nothing for him. Kiko is a good player at a position of need.

The Oregon player thing is so stupid. There are 3-4 good players and 4-5 fringe roster guys. Who gives a shit as long as you can play?

Shady was their best player 2 years ago not DeSean.

My son is devastated and wants to renounce all Philly sports. Shady, DeSean & Trent gone, MCW gone, Kimmo gone(kidding) & Hamels wants out.

Balls in your court Chip. We can't even make press conference jokes anymore because there are none.

Maxwell, McCourty, Worillds & Revis!!!! Hahahahahaha

I'm just rambling now.

In Chip we trust, I think?
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

I have never been so angry about anything in my life
  • Options
    davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    ^ I know right. Watch the Eagle sign Murray and let's see what this deranged fan has to say then.
  • Options
    Winnie the Pooh!!!!!
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,689
    JK_Livin said:

My son is devastated and wants to renounce all Philly sports. Shady, DeSean & Trent gone, MCW gone, Kimmo gone(kidding) & Hamels wants out.

might be for the best....before he turns out like the rest of you knuckleheads.

If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    imalive said:

JK_Livin said:

might be for the best....before he turns out like the rest of you knuckleheads.

I wish my parents had a talk with me. I'm trying to subdue him.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,547
    JK_Livin said:

Well holy shit. I got this news when I was on the treadmill last night and thought my heart might explode. I can't say I wasn't shocked by this. I think I was more mad about the DeSean cut because we received nothing for him. Kiko is a good player at a position of need.

The Oregon player thing is so stupid. There are 3-4 good players and 4-5 fringe roster guys. Who gives a shit as long as you can play?

Shady was their best player 2 years ago not DeSean.

Balls in your court Chip. We can't even make press conference jokes anymore because there are none.

Maxwell, McCourty, Worillds & Revis!!!! Hahahahahaha

I'm just rambling now.

In Chip we trust, I think?

yeah i feel bad for kids in today's sports environment the most. it's not like it was when we were growing up.

the oregon thing is really the dumbest argument i've seen from people. the only oregon player to play more than 20% of snaps last year was casey mathews, who was here before kelly got here and would have been cut in august had the lb corps not suffered a few injuries. kiko is immediately the best oregon product. the rest are guys who are barely on the roster. it's a lazy argument.

from what i've gathered, it seems most of the football writers i respect agree that the birds made a pretty smart move here.

barnwell's reasonable take-
    http://grantland.com/the-triangle/lesean-mccoy-kiko-alonso-trade-philadelphia-eagles-buffalo-bills/

So, who won?

I don’t think it’s quite as clear as some might make it out to be, but ask me to pick a winner today and I think the Eagles came out on the better end of the deal. Expensive running backs just aren’t a valuable proposition in the NFL, and while McCoy does things at times that I can’t even fathom other human beings are capable of doing, he’s been inconsistent and probably isn’t worth the money remaining on his deal. Alonso is a three-down linebacker who is going to make pennies for the next three years; even if he’s just an average NFL starter, unless McCoy returns to his 2013 form, that’s a win for the Eagles.
    And who lost?

More so than the Bills, I’d be worried if I were Murray or Peterson. Alonso is a talented player, but it’s sort of scary that the Eagles could shop around McCoy and only come away with a middle linebacker who missed 2014 with a torn ACL. It speaks to what little appetite teams have these days for spending big money on running backs; even teams with little hope at the position and plenty of cap space to spend, like the Raiders and Browns, didn’t appear to be interested in sending an asset to Philadelphia for McCoy.

The rule of contracts is simple: You pay a player for what he’s going to do, not what he’s done. More and more, teams are realizing that contracts for veteran running backs confuse the latter for the former. The Bills are hoping that what McCoy has done is proof that he’ll keep doing it.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

I have never been so angry about anything in my life
    he definitely hates sam hinkie too. fuck that guy.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:

One thing I noticed. Fans from both teams are being quick to turn on their departed player.

Kiko has become a guy that played 5 great games, tailed off and has had 2 acl reconstructions.

I think it's an exciting trade for both sides. Buffalo is doing what they can to win without a qb but with great athletes in other key positions in their prime. Philly may have an emerging star/ leader on defense they haven't had in awhile.

agreed.
    better hope buffalo improves that o line though. shady really, struggled early in the season behind a banged up line. got going when they were healthy in the 2nd half. bills had a pretty bad run blocking line if i'm not mistaken.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957

MayDay10 said:

agreed.
    better hope buffalo improves that o line though. shady really, struggled early in the season behind a banged up line. got going when they were healthy in the 2nd half. bills had a pretty bad run blocking line if i'm not mistaken.
    I think our line would be a lot better if teams had to respect the passing game. Haha
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,267
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,267
    Chip doesn't believe in the running game, and it saves them a ton of $. I don't buy it but we'll see.
  • Options
    mca47 said:

Chip doesn't believe in the running game, and it saves them a ton of $. I don't buy it but we'll see.

He's always ran the ball. I guess he doesn't believe one rb, an aging one, is with 12 million when lots of teams are able to be successful with rb by committee that costs a whole lot less. I would expect the Birds to have roughly the same pass/run ratio going forward but split up between more backs...

http://www.csnphilly.com/football-philadelphia-eagles/lesean-mccoy-trade-makes-sense-kiko-alonso-buffalo-bills
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,816
    That video was awesome. I almost feel badly for the guy who made it....except I really don't, he doesn't seem like the brightest bulb and I dont like his take. I do like his passion though, he had me laughing throughout. Gotta love sports!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Overall. people in Buffalo are in favor of this, even though Alonso is/was very popular.

We don't have a QB, no hopes for a QB... but with Rex Ryan, potentially a championship caliber defense. Greg Roman is a running guy. Got him his RB. Also have some tools on offense such as Watkins, Woods, and plenty of bucks to sign a top Tight End. Also have a decent line if Incognito can stay focused and they pick up another Guard. Alonso will be replaced with Harris, a free agent Rex Ryan ILB desciple from the Jets.

So they are going for it while recognizing the QB situation is fucked. Trying to build around that while we have a lot of good players elsewhere in their prime (including McCoy). Im sure the search for a QB will perpetually continue and they will now draft 1 every year (the new owner is a proponent of that).

Im all for it.

As far as the Eagles go, it makes sense for them too. You hired Kelly, you knew crazy unprecedented shit would go down. He will either go down in flames... or be so good the NFL will change.
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    JK_Livin said:

?

Do you remember who they took in the draft last year? Kelly loves pac-12 trash

Shady didn't want to take a pay cut so they dumped him. The one and only thing I like about chip kelly is that he doesn't like thugs. Shady was a good RB here, but otherwise he's a piece of garbage.

I agree with juggler...gotta wait and see what happens rest of the offseason. And I do like Kiko. Barwin, Kendricks, Alonso...that's pretty damn nice. If they can find an OLB who can get to the QB that front 7 is going to be scary.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    NFL network is showing the '08 championship if anyone wants to feel nostalgic and like shit on this snow day...
    MayDay10 said:

Overall. people in Buffalo are in favor of this, even though Alonso is/was very popular.

We don't have a QB, no hopes for a QB... but with Rex Ryan, potentially a championship caliber defense. Greg Roman is a running guy. Got him his RB. Also have some tools on offense such as Watkins, Woods, and plenty of bucks to sign a top Tight End. Also have a decent line if Incognito can stay focused and they pick up another Guard. Alonso will be replaced with Harris, a free agent Rex Ryan ILB desciple from the Jets.

So they are going for it while recognizing the QB situation is fucked. Trying to build around that while we have a lot of good players elsewhere in their prime (including McCoy). Im sure the search for a QB will perpetually continue and they will now draft 1 every year (the new owner is a proponent of that).

Im all for it.

As far as the Eagles go, it makes sense for them too. You hired Kelly, you knew crazy unprecedented shit would go down. He will either go down in flames... or be so good the NFL will change.

I think Mccoy's prime ended after the '13 season. Should be productive for the next year or two but last year you could tell he was a half step slower....with no qb and a bad line (I think Incognito stinks) I don't see how he won't continue to decline next year. Gonna root for him but I think you're being optimistic. Rex has a history of acquiring rb's who are past their prime anyway.

I do like Roman coming in as your coordinator though.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Foles and Gore running the read option should work well. Great job Chip
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,299
    The Fixer said:

Foles and Gore running the read option should work well. Great job Chip

yeah also signed byron maxwell.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 7s8 seconds ago
    RT @mortreport: Eagles' wild ride will continue: Jeremy Maclin plans to reunite with Andy Reid in Kansas City once free agent market opens.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,299
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,311
    Don't get the Frank Gore signing. 32 year old running back with a lot of miles on him. would have rather stayed young and cheap there.

Maclin to KC. always thought Maclin was overrated but Chip has now gotten rid of the 3 best offensive players over the past 2 years. going to be interesting who they end up with at receiver.
  • Options
    The bills restructured mccoy today. He gets a pile of money and his cap hit for this year is 5.5
  • Options
    Should be an interesting day tomorrow. Maclin was my last current player jersey. I won't be purchasing any more.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

Should be an interesting day tomorrow. Maclin was my last current player jersey. I won't be purchasing any more.

I still have my celek kelly green throwback (the ones they wore a few years ago). those jerseys are the best.

apparently brandon graham is re-signing for 4 years. I can't say I love any of their moves this offseason...I don't mind the mccoy trade, but I can't believe they are signing gore (my post above was sarcastic).

Hopefully the best is yet to come but I have no faith in chip kelly