Options

******** YOUR PHILADELPHIA EAGLES ********

Comments

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,540
    I wonder if Shanahan will impose a curfew in the days leading up to the 49ers' Super Bowl on Sunday?
    Way to get ahead of the loss you know is coming. That way, when the Eagles lose, you will say this was the 49ers Super Bowl and just another game for the eagles, so they didn’t really try their best.
    Are you having a huge party with family and friends for the big game, mook?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,834
    Ha, Kelce confirmed he had to piss when he ran out.
  • Options
    Ha...my first thought was that he was pooping
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mookieblalockmookieblalock Posts: 3,181
    edited November 2023
    I wonder if Shanahan will impose a curfew in the days leading up to the 49ers' Super Bowl on Sunday?
    Way to get ahead of the loss you know is coming. That way, when the Eagles lose, you will say this was the 49ers Super Bowl and just another game for the eagles, so they didn’t really try their best.
    Do you think the Eagles will win Sunday?
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,768
    Dude I don't predict sports - it's a fool's errand. But I have a good feeling about Sunday. Basically, we've been waiting for this team to put it all together and... maybe they will do it Sunday.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;
    Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22; Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,815
    Ha...my first thought was that he was pooping
    Mine as well.  You would think they would ha e a portopotty sort of setup with the pop up tent for peeing.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    You can go to the previous page to see what I said. It's a flip of the coin. We have a couple key injuries and just with the ebb and flow of the NFL season, wouldn't shock me to see us lose your Super Bowl. Luckily we didn't do anything stupid like lose three in a row to some mediocre teams earlier in the year so we can withstand a loss. 

I do love me a home dog though...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,815
    edited November 2023
    See Deshaun Jackson will be trotted out on Sunday to retire a Bird.
    While I did not like Jackson, carryover from his time at Cal, I loved (loved so much) this moment.  Mrs FMe and I called my brother (a Giants fan) laughing our asses off after this play. 
    Tom Coughlin was possibly the most miserable coach not named Harbaugh.
    https://youtu.be/cJPf4h9GZvg?si=XvSwH9B1L3R7Iffm

• Options
    You can go to the previous page to see what I said. It's a flip of the coin. We have a couple key injuries and just with the ebb and flow of the NFL season, wouldn't shock me to see us lose your Super Bowl. Luckily we didn't do anything stupid like lose three in a row to some mediocre teams earlier in the year so we can withstand a loss. 

While I do find the Super Bowl silliness amusing, there are key injuries on the SF side as well.  At this point in the season, most teams have them.  No more injuries, please!

• Options
    Lane says he's playing and possibly Goedert will come back. I think he's played too much but it was tough playing without Cox on Sunday - hopefully he's in there. I guess Zack Cunningham is out - that's a tough one since we have barely any LB's. It does seem like a reasonable amount of injuries for this point in the season - nothing to make excuses over.

I'm quite surprised we are a dog. Look out.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options

While I do find the Super Bowl silliness amusing, there are key injuries on the SF side as well.  At this point in the season, most teams have them.  No more injuries, please!

Who are they missing?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

Who are they missing?
    OL has a guy (Burford, rg) who is questionable and hufanga went out two weeks ago for season and his replacement went out last week with a serious injury.  Down to only 2 healthy safeties, one who is a rookie.
    Hufanga is the only top talent, key guy in that group, but Burford is the starter and any OL out can be impactful against Phillys dominant d line.

Everyone is banged up at this point and missi g at least some starters- it wouldn't hurt my feelings if Goedert stayed away another week.  🙃   

• Options
    edited November 2023

Who are they missing?
    OL has a guy (Burford, rg) who is questionable and hufanga went out two weeks ago for season and his replacement went out last week with a serious injury.  Down to only 2 healthy safeties, one who is a rookie.
    Hufanga is the only top talent, key guy in that group, but Burford is the starter and any OL out can be impactful against Phillys dominant d line.

Everyone is banged up at this point and missi g at least some starters- it wouldn't hurt my feelings if Goedert stayed away another week.  🙃   

I think Lane Johnson and Goedert combined with our own injuries on the defensive side trumps all that personally. But yeah everyone is pretty much banged up. 
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

Who are they missing?

I think Lane Johnson and Goedert combined with our own injuries on the defensive side trumps all that personally. But yeah everyone is pretty much banged up. 
    Agree but both of those guys look like they are playing.  
    Niners lost 3 in a row without their best OL and a top WR.  I know how impactful having  something like that combo being out can be.  
    They weren't strong enough to overcome it in those games.

Not a contest, I know Eagles have guys out in each defensive layer.
    When you play in Week 13, dudes are gonna be out.  

• Options
    mookieblalockmookieblalock Posts: 3,181
    edited November 2023
    We have a couple key injuries
    I was told Eagles fans never think injuries should be used as a reason for losing a game.
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    I was told Eagles fans never think injuries should be used as a reason for losing a game.
    Did that same person also tell you to take only portions of replies out of context when responding to them? Did he also tell you it's a good idea to put a tight end on Haason Reddick? (sorry I know that one still hurts)

Look, we get it. You want this game. You want this game bad, mook. You need this game. You've had it circled on your calendar since May haven't you, you sick son of a bitch? 

Good luck buddy. It should be a fun one.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    It's hilarious this guy's pathetic desperation to talk trash.

• Options
    Did that same person also tell you to take only portions of replies out of context when responding to them? Did he also tell you it's a good idea to put a tight end on Haason Reddick? (sorry I know that one still hurts)

Look, we get it. You want this game. You want this game bad, mook. You need this game. You've had it circled on your calendar since May haven't you, you sick son of a bitch? 

You’re a good dude Juggs. It’s all in good fun. I do look forward to the game because how many good regular season matchups do we end up with? 
  • Options
    edited November 2023

You’re a good dude Juggs. It’s all in good fun. I do look forward to the game because how many good regular season matchups do we end up with? 
    Well... this would be about the fifth one in a row for us...haha

But yeah you are right. Nothing like a good ol' late Sunday afternoon clash of NFC titans. Weather should be sloppy just like it was in January too--a bit warmer though. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,287
    D-Jacks retiring.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Yeah they're flexing that Squawks game JP. What are you going to do?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    God. Fucking. Damnit.
  • Options
    Bummer.  I'm sure many fans are making that cool trip and also now have to figure out what to do.  Hope you can flex with it or get your money back/ credited if not.
  • Options
    Luckily I bitched enough and got my return flight changed to Tuesday. Phew. Still all very much bullshit tho.
  • Options
    So an extra day to party in Seattle?

Just 💰,  can't take it with you.  Lol
  • Options
    I wish I was better at skiing. Rest of my crew is doing that, I'm trying not to spend the entire time in a bar lol
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    An extra day to gorge on sushi and poke would be OK with me.  That takes care of a few hours around each meal, although the dinner comes with massive booze so it is sorta the same thing.
    I don't really enjoy Seattle as much as a city now (used to go there monthly about 15-20 years ago for a 2-3 year stretch) but the fish is still absolutely top flight.  
    I'm sure you will find lots of fun.
  • Options
    Went to get a vodka and watch football and saw this was in my bar, by the vodka selection.
    Guessing Mrs FMe brought it back from last weekend's tailgate as I hadn't seen it before.

• Options
    An extra day to gorge on sushi and poke would be OK with me.  That takes care of a few hours around each meal, although the dinner comes with massive booze so it is sorta the same thing.
    I don't really enjoy Seattle as much as a city now (used to go there monthly about 15-20 years ago for a 2-3 year stretch) but the fish is still absolutely top flight.  
    Love Seattle, we went out there ~10 years ago, would definitely be on the short-list for somewhere to move if the opportunity came about (though I don't think there's anything out West that we could afford atm lol). I'm sure I'll find stuff, but the default is usually, "ehhh, let's just go in here" (first hole in the wall we see).

• Options
    Love Seattle, we went out there ~10 years ago, would definitely be on the short-list for somewhere to move if the opportunity came about (though I don't think there's anything out West that we could afford atm lol). I'm sure I'll find stuff, but the default is usually, "ehhh, let's just go in here" (first hole in the wall we see).

That's the last time you have been there?
    A little different, now.  

Your approach is never a bad one - "let's try that place!"