Options

******** YOUR PHILADELPHIA EAGLES ********

Comments

• Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,766
    edited November 2023
    Me: "Diggs is on... the other team."

Underrated story yesterday: the d-line got hardly any pressure. I thought the secondary was half decent considering.

Re: Seattle game
    I think they have to flex that game outside of a certain window. Can you change your flight JP? They gotta get America's Team in a national game, you know.
    Post edited by Johnny Abruzzo on
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;
    Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22; Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,812
    edited November 2023
    Also -- should go without saying but the officiating in that game yesterday was straight trash, homie.
    Buffalo -- 10 flags in 1st half?  Refs were all over them.
    Didn't like the Kelce 2nd call, although he said he thought it was a good call.
    There also was a super obvious PI call that was ignored...and multiple times where the refs waited forever to make a call because they were scared to make the obvious call.  That crew is garbage.  

I saw an article mentioning how that massive, and massively angry, dude from the Buffalo DLine got into it with some Philly fans.  I would NOT talk shit to that guy.  He bodyslammed and then kicked the Philly O-lineman he also decimated on a cheap shot when he was offsides, earlier.  That guy is unhinged.  

(Edit -- Jordan Phillips is the scary dude)
    Post edited by F Me In The Brain on
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    I thought a few of those penalties were BS and definitely helped keep us in the game, but also they are an undisciplined team. The offsides on the tush push play maybe could've been changed to a personal foul - he seemed to be going straight for Jalen's knees. Also at least one of those "false starts" on Kelce at the end of regulation was malarkey. Anyway, generally bad officiating, in the Eagles' favor for the most part.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,812
    Do you think Kelce had to go and take a shit at the end of regulation?  Saw him go off the field and thought he likely was going in to break a bunch of shit, off camera, after those two penalties on him...but logically determined he probably had to take a giant dump and that was why he was so antsy/eager to snap the ball.  :lol:   :pensive:

• Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,834
    Definitely think Kelce had to either piss or poop.

Johnny - basically the league has 12 days to flex a Monday night game. So I've gotta wait until 12/5 (maybe the 6th?) on whether I'm gonna lose my proverbial shit. 
  • Options

Johnny - basically the league has 12 days to flex a Monday night game. So I've gotta wait until 12/5 (maybe the 6th?) on whether I'm gonna lose my proverbial shit. 
    Possibly just change it now and push it back one day? Obviously I don't know what else is going on for you logistically. They really should do that more in advance than 12 days - it's not just changing from 1:00 to 8:00 or whatever.

I mean, as a fan I want to see that game on MNF. That Massachusetts team has no business being in prime time. The whole thing does make it way too hard on traveling fans.

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,536
    How about winning that game without Lane? Doesn't happen often. The fact that he was warming up trying to see if he could play after the mri probably means this won't be a long term injury--thank god
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

Possibly just change it now and push it back one day? Obviously I don't know what else is going on for you logistically. They really should do that more in advance than 12 days - it's not just changing from 1:00 to 8:00 or whatever.

I mean, as a fan I want to see that game on MNF. That Massachusetts team has no business being in prime time. The whole thing does make it way too hard on traveling fans.
    As a fan I don't want any game starting later than 4:30 on a Sunday damnit.

How about winning that game without Lane? Doesn't happen often. The fact that he was warming up trying to see if he could play after the mri probably means this won't be a long term injury--thank god

Driscoll looked leaps better than last time.

Sounds like they got the message to him that if he played he'd definitely reinjure it, and they're thinking about playing to February.

• Options
    The Eagles are going to get so fucking worked next weekend in their own house.
    Haha, just seeing this dummy's comment now.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,284
    Wasn't their record like 12-23 or something like that without him? Not sure how long they can keep this up but i'll take it. First team to clinch a playoff spot :smile:

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Were name calling now? Cool
  • Options
    I’ll expect an apology Sunday night after the Eagles loss at Lincoln Finacial Field. 
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    I’ll expect an apology Sunday night after the Eagles loss at Lincoln Finacial Field. 
    You must be so excited for your Super Bowl. Best of luck!
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    As a 49ers fan, this is NOT the Super Bowl.  Just another game in a tough season -- when we meet in the playoffs it will be huge.
    I know a bunch of 49ers fans and none of them are riled up for this game.  Always want to win but staying healthy and being ready for playoffs is the priority.  If we were also 10-1 I would feel differently, but I don't think Niners are getting #1 seed regardless of this game, so I don't think it is all that important.

Anyone else going to the game?  Mrs FMe is kind enough to bring me this week as a guest for her seats.  This will be my first and only Eagles game this season...until Playoffs and we will see if I rank highly enough to join her.  Now that she is big-time she only brings her friends & I stay home with the kid.  :lol:    
    Told her she needs to get a fucking suite and she isn't so big time, quite yet.

• Options
    edited November 2023
    lol what is it with Niners fans (albeit F Me proving the exception to the rule) and having the Birds (and their fans) live just absolutely rent free in their collective heads since they lost the most consequential and important game they will play in the past 12 months? 

Best thing is when the Birds lose you hear no one harder on this team than its fans. Like we're 10-1 and we're still critical of every aspect of this team because we are abject miserable assholes.

Niners lose? It's the refs fault, it's because Purdy got buried on the field, it's because their 3rd string quarterback couldn't finish the game (lolzzzz), it's because they weren't allowed another quarterback on their roster. It's everyone else's fault, or maybe you sucked and the better team won. Yeesh. But, yes, cockroaches that never post in this thread, c'mon in, say your dumb thing, and then disappear again.
    Post edited by Jearlpam0925 on
  • Options
    Haha.  I actually gripe about a similar thing....that Eagles fans I speak with and (FSM forbid) hear on the radio seem obsessed with talking Niners.  
    You kicked the shit out of 49ers and went to the Bowl.  Not worth giving 49ers a second thought and who cares if Wide Receivers run off at the mouth.  That is what they do, right?  :lol:

This is because I don't live in CA any longer.  I am 100% sure people out there are all fired up this week, are still butt sore about getting demolished in playoffs, and are putting wayyyyy too much onto this game.

It is football...shit talking is part of the fun.  I will have fun with my kid and Mrs FMe and any local friends this week.  If this was in SF, I would expect Niners to win.  As it is in Philly, I expect Niners will lose.  Either way, only one regular season game.  Next week is more important.
    [It did suck for me in the Championship game, but I lost as gracefully as I could...we went into center city...and then I got shitfaced and gorged at Ocean Prime, so it all worked out.  :)]

• Options
    edited November 2023
    I actually don't know anyone obsessed with the 49'ers at all. Maybe I am in a bubble but the only talk I do hear about the 49'ers is about how whiny their players and fans are (not you fme). Eagles have bigger fish to fry. This is just another test on the gauntlet. 

Also, I love a home dog as much as the next guy but...they're likely going to lose at some point. So I am not expecting a win. Thankfully they've built up a big enough cushion where they can handle a loss. 

Finishing with the scrub Giants twice and Cardinals is a blessing as the Cowboys and Niners still have a couple tough ones.

Go Birds. 
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Biggest games for me are Cowboys and this year's Chiefs game. Just want to keep racking up wins and get the #1 seed.

• Options
    Yeah, I dont see Eagles giving away the #1 seed after that win this week.  

Hope both teams come out w/o injuries.  Obviously I want Niners in Super Bowl but in a perfect scenario, for me, we beat Eagles by 1 point at the end of an all time classic Championship game.  

As long as the Cowboys don't win!
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    This really sums it up - for me this says it's going to take a lot for them not to be the #1 seed, but of course there are scenarios:

Post edited by Jearlpam0925 on
  • Options
    This really sums it up - for me this says it's going to take a lot for them not to be the #1 seed, but of course there are scenarios:

https://x.com/denizselman33/status/1729253716899868767?s=20
    That's too much to think about with 6 games left but that didn't stop me from staring at it for 10 minutes.

It does show this week's game is huge for H2H tiebreaker. I would feel a very high amount of confidence in getting the #1 seed if we win Sunday. It would probably help to try running the ball with Swift in the 1st half.

• Options
    And this is great! It got the vibe that these guys wanted to come in here and talk a ton of shit and just could not handle they were losing that game:

• Options
    lol what is it with Niners fans (albeit F Me proving the exception to the rule) and having the Birds (and their fans) live just absolutely rent free in their collective heads since they lost the most consequential and important game they will play in the past 12 months? 

Best thing is when the Birds lose you hear no one harder on this team than its fans. Like we're 10-1 and we're still critical of every aspect of this team because we are abject miserable assholes.

Niners lose? It's the refs fault, it's because Purdy got buried on the field, it's because their 3rd string quarterback couldn't finish the game (lolzzzz), it's because they weren't allowed another quarterback on their roster. It's everyone else's fault, or maybe you sucked and the better team won. Yeesh. But, yes, cockroaches that never post in this thread, c'mon in, say your dumb thing, and then disappear again.
    I literally said only the Eagles are going to get worked this weekend. Which they definitely are. 
  • Options

I literally said only the Eagles are going to get worked this weekend. Which they definitely are. 
    Do you think the 49'ers are preparing any differently this week, for their Super Bowl, as opposed to the rest of the season?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    :lol:
    I did read stuff from the so-called-media (whatever the hell SI.com's fan produced garbage is) about perhaps soaking footballs and practicing, since Purdy's two worst games have been in wet weather.

I wish I knew how to tell my phone to never show me anything from SI.com.  I generally avoid their rehashed / rumored, click-bait trash....but sometimes get conned by shit headlines

• Options
    I did read stuff from the so-called-media (whatever the hell SI.com's fan produced garbage is) about perhaps soaking footballs and practicing, since Purdy's two worst games have been in wet weather.

I wish I knew how to tell my phone to never show me anything from SI.com.  I generally avoid their rehashed / rumored, click-bait trash....but sometimes get conned by shit headlines

I saw SI was outed yesterday for publishing articles using AI writers.
  • Options
    "AI writers" - good evidence that we actually have nothing to fear.

So the rain is already in the 'Whiners' heads huh? Get that backup TE ready to block #7.

I think the Eagles will get to Dallas having forgotten how to play football in dry conditions.

• Options
    edited November 2023
    I wonder if Shanahan will impose a curfew in the days leading up to the 49ers' Super Bowl on Sunday?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

I saw SI was outed yesterday for publishing articles using AI writers.
    This would make sense.  The flaming garbage that they issue under the banner of SI.com is embarrassing.  
  • Options
    I wonder if Shanahan will impose a curfew in the days leading up to the 49ers' Super Bowl on Sunday?
    Way to get ahead of the loss you know is coming. That way, when the Eagles lose, you will say this was the 49ers Super Bowl and just another game for the eagles, so they didn’t really try their best.