Options

******** YOUR PHILADELPHIA EAGLES ********

Comments

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,338
    JK_Livin wrote:
    i'm all for starting foles this week to see how he does in a big spot. i just want to temper the enthusiasm until we see it continue on a weekly basis. you're right, this is an incredibly small sample size.

that said, if he beats the cowboys this week, this town will go nuts for him. :lol:

I'm enthused for 2 reasons, winning and TDs over FGs. I don't care who the QB is if those keep happening.

i hear you...i just think people need to be realistic. he's not bobby hoying or aj feeley...but he's also not the 2nd coming of joe montana either. there is not a good track record of 3rd round picks developing into elite, franchise level quarterbacks. he's looked good in 6 quarters of football so far. if he gets the opportunity and continues this over a good stretch of games, then we can get a little nuts. time will tell. good start, though--definitely.

seems like everyone is always on either end of the spectrum when it comes to this stuff. :lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    JK_Livin wrote:
    Eli's reaction after all of his INT's this year.

3029e9d02afb705100624e0be8204f2c_large

...this is great
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,218
    JK_Livin wrote:

...this is great

it would be a lot funnier if he hadn't won those 2 super bowls. buy hey we got nick foles so all is good :fp:
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    pjhawks wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:

...this is great

it would be a lot funnier if he hadn't won those 2 super bowls. buy hey we got nick foles so all is good :fp:

We don't have too many choices at QB right now. What would you propose we do at that position right now?
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

...this is great

We don't have too many choices at QB right now. What would you propose we do at that position right now?

yeah, that didn't make a lot of sense.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Foles was named NFC Offensive Player of the Week. Didn't Kolb win one or two of those?

**The above is a statement of fact, not an endorsement of the player**

Edit - Kolb won 2. Here's the list,

All-time Eagles QB Player of the Week awards: Donovan 8, Randall 4, VIck 3, Kolb 2, McMahon 1, Hoying 1, Foles 1
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin wrote:

I propose we don't mock a guy who has 2 super bowl rings and two super bowl mvp's, one of which came just two years ago. or in case you lost count that is 2 more rings than our franchise and 2 more mvp's than every eagle player combined. but hey that's just me.
  • Options
    pjhawks wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:

I propose we don't mock a guy who has 2 super bowl rings and two super bowl mvp's, one of which came just two years ago. or in case you lost count that is 2 more rings than our franchise and 2 more mvp's than every eagle player combined. but hey that's just me.

Lighten up Francis. So you're telling me that "Manning Face" isn't funny to you? You're right, because I posted that gif it takes away all of his career accomplishments.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin wrote:
    Foles was named NFC Offensive Player of the Week. Didn't Kolb win one or two of those?

All-time Eagles QB Player of the Week awards: Donovan 8, Randall 4, VIck 3, Kolb 2, McMahon 1, Hoying 1, Foles 1

pjhawks is a weirdo :lol:

mcmahon won that once? had to have been that browns game in 91 when they came back from down 20 or something to win. even though they didn't make the playoffs, that was such a fun season. all time great defense.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    my opinion: Vick is too slow in his check-downs, takes too long to make decisions. he knows that he can always scramble and just run for it. The rest of the offense can't do their job properly, always worrying about Vick taking off and needing to protect him for way too long each play. As a result they get low production play-to-play and have to rely on making big plays too often.

The Eagles had the same issues with Cunningham - fun to watch, but in the end they weren't able to win consistently enough.

So it makes sense to me that one of the first things Reid did in KC is to get a reliable QB - one that doesn't take unnecessary chances, makes good decisions and is part of an efficient offense. With Alex Smith he has that.

So I think Foles is a better option.
  • Options
    JK_Livin wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:

Lighten up Francis. So you're telling me that "Manning Face" isn't funny to you? You're right, because I posted that gif it takes away all of his career accomplishments.

not really, I guess I have a higher standard of comedy than that.
  • Options
    JK_Livin wrote:

mcmahon won that once? had to have been that browns game in 91 when they came back from down 20 or something to win. even though they didn't make the playoffs, that was such a fun season. all time great defense.

or maybe i'm just not a dick. I just never understood trash talking, especially in a town where our teams have mostly sucked over the years. it just wasted breath and effort. sports eventually knocks everyone down so why take shots at someone who is down? especially someone who has reached heights twice that all 4 of our teams have only gotten to once in 30 years. never felt the need to do it on the field and surely don't feel the need to do it on the internet. and if that makes me weird in your eyes I gotta say I don't give a fuck :D
  • Options
    pjhawks wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:

or maybe i'm just not a dick. I just never understood trash talking, especially in a town where our teams have mostly sucked over the years. it just wasted breath and effort. sports eventually knocks everyone down so why take shots at someone who is down? especially someone who has reached heights twice that all 4 of our teams have only gotten to once in 30 years. never felt the need to do it on the field and surely don't feel the need to do it on the internet. and if that makes me weird in your eyes I gotta say I don't give a fuck :D

You put players on the Eagles down all the time. How is this any different?
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin wrote:

because that's my team. it's like your brothers or sisters. i can pick on them, but i don't want or let someone outside the family or close friends do that.

and i criticize eagles players performances, i don't put them down for how they look. big difference.
  • Options
    pjhawks wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:

because that's my team. it's like your brothers or sisters. i can pick on them, but i don't want or let someone outside the family or close friends do that.

and i criticize eagles players performances, i don't put them down for how they look. big difference.

The look on his face is performance based. You're allowed to have an opinion and so am I. You do realize that all comedy is making fun of something or someone? I didn't say he sucked. I didn't create it. I just enjoyed it. If I offended you, I apologize. Let's get back on track here and rip on our brothers and sisters :D
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:

The look on his face is performance based. You're allowed to have an opinion and so am I. You do realize that all comedy is making fun of something or someone? I didn't say he sucked. I didn't create it. I just enjoyed it. If I offended you, I apologize. Let's get back on track here and rip on our brothers and sisters :D

i don't get offended that easily so no need to apologize to me. we disagree which is fine. I've stated my reasons why.

and back on track it's going to take at least 35 points and probably more to win this week. I don't have a good feeling about this game. I think it could get ugly. although after 8 straight home losses this team is due to win one.
  • Options
    jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    This thread is awesome. I still think we all should have a beer in the parking lot next week. :corn:
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    pjhawks wrote:

trash talking? it's gif of funny faces he makes. yes, getting bent out of shape over something as minor as this absolutely makes you a weirdo.

and here's you taking a shot at him a year after he won his first super bowl:

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=121800&p=3297744&hilit=+eli#p3297744

my oh my! saying a super bowl champion quarterback gets frightened and panic's like a little girl because of a little pressure is really offensive. and, quite frankly, it's sexist. i am appalled. :o

i would take eli as my quarterback in a second, just like i would have taken tom coughlin over andy fucking reid in a nano second. doesn't mean we can't take shots at them every now and then. it's what fans do.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    and by the way--the match ups favor the eagles this week. that is one banged up cowboys squad.

murray
    ratliff
    ware
    spencer

all out. these are their best players.

i like the birds this week.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2013 ... se-offense

look for more 2 tight end sets now. zach ertz...set to establish himself as a stud tight end for years to come...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    pjhawks wrote:

trash talking? it's gif of funny faces he makes. yes, getting bent out of shape over something as minor as this absolutely makes you a weirdo.

my oh my! saying a super bowl champion quarterback gets frightened and panic's like a little girl because of a little pressure is really offensive. and, quite frankly, it's sexist. i am appalled. :o

i would take eli as my quarterback in a second, just like i would have taken tom coughlin over andy fucking reid in a nano second. doesn't mean we can't take shots at them every now and then. it's what fans do.

uhh sorry but I find it incredibly weird that you went back and searched for something I posted 3 years ago.

and i didn't say he panicked like a little girl - i said let's make him panic like a little girl.

wasn't that the same super bowl champion you insisted the eagles defense was better than? :lol: that was high comedy then and still is.

and just my opinion but i think andy reid is a better coach than tom coughlin.
  • Options
    CorduroyboyCorduroyboy Posts: 1,253
    My Dallas loving cousin bet me a lift ticket on the game this weekend. Birds better win!! I'm almost hoping Chip starts Foles. He's been solid and a win is a win!
  • Options
    and by the way--the match ups favor the eagles this week. that is one banged up cowboys squad.

murray
    ratliff
    ware
    spencer

We may be without our starting QB and LT. The last time I was happy a starting RB was out v. the Eagles it was Edgerrin James and his replacement, James Mungro I believe, ran all over us. That goes way back though.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    pjhawks wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

uhh sorry but I find it incredibly weird that you went back and searched for something I posted 3 years ago.

and i didn't say he panicked like a little girl - i said let's make him panic like a little girl.

wasn't that the same super bowl champion you insisted the eagles defense was better than? :lol: that was high comedy then and still is.

and just my opinion but i think andy reid is a better coach than tom coughlin.

Search function dude. It's not rocket science. Type in "Eli" under your name and boom--1st page, you implying that a he, a Super Bowl winning qb, would panic and cry like a little girl of we got some pressure on him. You're a hypocrit. I'll gladly point multiple other instances of you "trash talking" if you'd like.

Yeah the Giants defense was porous in the regular season the year they won their 2nd Super Bowl. I remember I kept asking you to provide proof that they were a good defense in the regular season and you declined each time. I think I asked you to do this on about 10 different occasions. I mean I figure it would be easy for you since you think the assertion is funny. Would you like to take this opportunity to try again? Or, no? I'm guessing no.

And don't insult a 2 time Super Bowl winning coach like that. That is laughable.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    JK_Livin wrote:

murray
    ratliff
    ware
    spencer

We may be without our starting QB and LT. The last time I was happy a starting RB was out v. the Eagles it was Edgerrin James and his replacement, James Mungro I believe, ran all over us. That goes way back though.

I was at that Colts game. Rough one.

Murray out should let the Eagels focus more on getting Romo though. That pass rush needs every advantage it can get. I think this is a big one.

And aren't you one of those arguing that we're in better shape with Foles than Vick?

Peters is playing. Did you hear he is out?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    JK_Livin wrote:

murray
    ratliff
    ware
    spencer

I was at that Colts game. Rough one.

Murray out should let the Eagels focus more on getting Romo though. That pass rush needs every advantage it can get. I think this is a big one.

And aren't you one of those arguing that we're in better shape with Foles than Vick?

Peters is playing. Did you hear he is out?
    I was there as well. I said may about Peters. I feel the stats lean towards Foles right now but it's a non issue if Vick is out because of injury. Hopefully, for our sake, Foles makes this a full blown competition. I'll ride with the coach's decision.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Search function dude. It's not rocket science. Type in "Eli" under your name and boom--1st page, you implying that a he, a Super Bowl winning qb, would panic and cry like a little girl of we got some pressure on him. You're a hypocrit. I'll gladly point multiple other instances of you "trash talking" if you'd like.

Yeah the Giants defense was porous in the regular season the year they won their 2nd Super Bowl. I remember I kept asking you to provide proof that they were a good defense in the regular season and you declined each time. I think I asked you to do this on about 10 different occasions. I mean I figure it would be easy for you since you think the assertion is funny. Would you like to take this opportunity to try again? Or, no? I'm guessing no.

And don't insult a 2 time Super Bowl winning coach like that. That is laughable.

wow so 'implying' something is now considered trash talking. wonderful.

as a general rule I don't trash talk. not saying I've never done it and never said I haven't ever done it. we all slip up at times. it's a very rare occurrence for me though. the only other instances of trash talking around here I may recall were in the Big 5 thread but usually AFTER taking shit from others. just a reminder stating an opinion (e.g., Nova stinks) is not trash talking.

never said coughlin wasn't good just think andy's better. there are plenty of coaches who have won Super Bowls who I think Andy Reid is better than. Billick and Shanahan are two others off the top of my head.
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,811
    I swear.....some people are borderline retarded around here.
  • Options
    I just saw on twitter that Sean Lee said there's a 50% chance his Dad gets in a fight at the game on Sunday. :lol:
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    pjhawks wrote:

wow so 'implying' something is now considered trash talking. wonderful.

as a general rule I don't trash talk. not saying I've never done it and never said I haven't ever done it. we all slip up at times. it's a very rare occurrence for me though. the only other instances of trash talking around here I may recall were in the Big 5 thread but usually AFTER taking shit from others. just a reminder stating an opinion (e.g., Nova stinks) is not trash talking.

never said coughlin wasn't good just think andy's better. there are plenty of coaches who have won Super Bowls who I think Andy Reid is better than. Billick and Shanahan are two others off the top of my head.

what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things i have ever heard. at no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. everyone in this thread is now dumber for having being subjected to it. I award you no points, and may god have mercy on your soul.

and yeah, after 2 years, you are still unable to articulate why you think the giants had a good defense in 2011. believe me, this surprises --nobody.--
    chinese-happy.jpg