Options

******** YOUR PHILADELPHIA EAGLES ********

Comments

• Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,277
    JK_Livin said:

Bradham formally charged for the summer incident.

felony charge too. not good. and at the very least he has to get suspended now right?
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,442

First they take 'er jerbs, now they wanna take 'er gerns. What's next!? Thanks, Obama.

Any nerds out there know the rules if the regional home team is playing at 1 (say on CBS), do they always not show the other game that's on Fox?

Possibly heading up to Vermont this weekend, and definitely do not want to watch the garbage Pats game on CBS at 1; Birds are on Fox, and pretty sure it's the sensible game in that area, other than DC/Baltimore which doesn't really make sense for that area - this is all considering that there will even be a 1pm Fox game on up there. I think I gotta find a place with The Ticket...

According to this there is no early Fox game up there:
    http://fansided.com/2016/10/05/nfl-coverage-map-2016-tv-schedule-week-5/

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,794
    edited October 2016
    That had to hurt today....had the game in hand.
    Thought the deep ball call on the first play was too early. Think if he had aired it out he might have hit it, though. So severely under thrown that it was an obvious interception #1. Kid played really well again.
    My wife is in a rotten mood now, no current swimming tonight damn football!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,200

That had to hurt today....had the game in hand.
    Thought the deep ball call on the first play was too early. Think if he had aired it out he might have hit it, though. So severely under thrown that it was an obvious interception #1. Kid played really well again.
    My wife is in a rotten mood now, no current swimming tonight damn football!

yeah although it could have gone either way. First half we looked horrible. penalties killed us and the two turnovers towards the end really hurt us. Still played not too bad especially the second half. probably should have thrown that long ball to Beckham, IMO.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,532
    I want to know why Mathews was holding the ball in his left hand? When he should've been holding the ball in his right hand. Football 101.

Too many penalties. Though, i'd like to see a good replay of that holding call, when Mathews ran down inside the 15 yard line. That was a killer penalty.
  • Options
    i thought the series that really hurt was not getting a TD after the Stafford fumble. two weak fades and a running play on 2nd and 10. get a TD there and take the lead and you have that team reeling.

it a strange way the Mathews fumble kind of help them because it allowed the Eagles to get the ball back. If you punt the Lions take more time to get down field and probably get a field goal anyway.

Not a big fan of a big pitch out sweep on 3rd down. would have rather gone up the middle or had Wentz roll out with run-pass option. that's just nit picking though. lots of mistakes cost the game not just the ones at the end.

the int at the end was Wentz showing a little impatience for the first time. while I love the long ball probably not the time for that attempt. live and learn.

this division looks a little better than anticipated. those 6 games are obviously going to be huge. next week would be a good one to get. Skins have played better the last 3 weeks.
  • Options
    You commit that many penalties, you deserve to lose.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Didn't get to watch it, only listened. Tough to listen to the radio feed with all the stupid sponsors rather than actually describing the plays.

I can't believe the undefeated season is over so soon.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,826
    At least it wasn't a bad loss, it's one I can live with - defense was downright shitty in the 1st half, refs are a bunch of fucking Mr. Magoos, committed too many penalties that weren't the refs being idiots though, and if Mathews doesn't cough the ball up we're probably singing a different tune today. I don't mind the heave downfield by Wentz, but it wouldn't be my approach to that drive.

Just felt a loss was in the cards from the beginning - a lot of momentum going into that shitty bye and then they lost it spending the past two weeks stroking themselves.
  • Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    can we talk about Zeke around here.
  • Options
    rssesq said:

Who?
  • Options
    I can't believe that an official forgot which team was on offense.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Lane's gone. Could lose the remainder of the 25mil guaranteed on his deal. What a dumbass.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

Lane's gone. Could lose the remainder of the 25mil guaranteed on his deal. What a dumbass.

hopefully it's not a killer to the team but isn't good. as for his money well no sympathy here.
  • Options
    GO EAGLES
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    jesus christ same stuff as last week. penalties are killing and defense looks like this is their first game image
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    Lane Johnson is an asshole
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    that was a beat down. defense was torched all day long.

isn't it weird that average QB Kirk Cousins plays like all world against the Birds but future Hall of Famer Eli Manning struggles mightily?

wentz can't take two sacks on the last drive. gotta throw the ball away especially on the 2nd down one.

Pederson didn't give Vaitai much help. left him on the island a bunch.

obviously this team is somewhere between the dominant Steelers win and today's shit show. still a long way to go and plenty of football to be played.

and for you gamblers love the Eagles next week and the Lions over the Skins.
  • Options

Lane Johnson is an asshole

Ha...welcome back.

Calling timeout before punting at the end there was pretty stupid. Rough game to watch.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Wow, wasn't expecting that. Was ok with punting at the end but you can't call a TO beforehand. Missed tackles galore and no pressure on cousins.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299

rssesq said:

Who?
    The best first year running back in the nfl son. ACT LIKE YA KNOW.

• Options
    rssesq said:

rssesq said:

Who?

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Ray Didinger ripping into Michael Wilbon and saying Wentz is the real deal. very interesting comments by Didinger on Wentz vs. other rookie QB's he has seen.

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2016/10/19/ray-didinger-michael-wilbon-carson-wentz/
  • Options
    another ugly game but a win nonetheless. Defense stepped up as well as special teams. Wish the offense wwould get back on track and enough with the god damn penalties!
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

that was a beat down. defense was torched all day long.

isn't it weird that average QB Kirk Cousins plays like all world against the Birds but future Hall of Famer Eli Manning struggles mightily?

wentz can't take two sacks on the last drive. gotta throw the ball away especially on the 2nd down one.

Pederson didn't give Vaitai much help. left him on the island a bunch.

obviously this team is somewhere between the dominant Steelers win and today's shit show. still a long way to go and plenty of football to be played.

and for you gamblers love the Eagles next week and the Lions over the Skins.

boom, nailed those 2 games last Sunday night when i posted. i'll try not to get hurt patting myself on the back.

if the NFL is worried about ratings they should review today's game. 2 supposedly good teams and the product was almost unwatchable. just bad football for long stretches and too many stoppages and commercials. pretty shitty game for the most part.

the NFL needs to clarify how to call interference when a long pass is thrown short. if the receiver stops its pretty much interference every time. not sure why they picked up the flag on the one of Carroll (if memory serves me correctly). teams should start teaching it. 3rd and long throw the ball deep and have the receiver stop short a la Frank Constanza.

mike trout looked fat (at least his face did).

next Sunday night should be a fun one.

• Options

rssesq said:

rssesq said:

Who?

I.......I still don't know who he's talking about.
  • Options
    Nice win. Didn't hear V's name after the 1st false start penalty.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,532
    NFL trade rumors: 49ers talking to Eagles about Torrey Smith : http://www.ninersnation.com/2016/10/24/13399186/nfl-trade-rumors-49ers-eagles-torrey-smith
  • Options
    cutz said:

NFL trade rumors: 49ers talking to Eagles about Torrey Smith : http://www.ninersnation.com/2016/10/24/13399186/nfl-trade-rumors-49ers-eagles-torrey-smith

And possibly Alshon.

I'd take either - of course giving up less for Torrey. I'm thinking you could get Smith for not much since SF is trying to dump the salary.
  • Options

cutz said:

And possibly Alshon.

I'd take either - of course giving up less for Torrey. I'm thinking you could get Smith for not much since SF is trying to dump the salary.
    Would love Alshon but I don't believe they can extend him since he was franchised by the Bears? Thought I heard that.

Cowboys Week, eh? Think this will be a tougher match up than this past weekend.

As much as it would suck if Dak lives up to the hype....it would be kind of cool for Wentz to live up to his also and then we'd have pretty much an epic rivalry set up for the next decade plus with 2 franchise qb's going at it. Things will escalate quickly...
    chinese-happy.jpg