Options

Mad Season 'Above' Deluxe Edition and LP Info

Comments

• Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,882
    for those who want to save a few bucks, the price on Amazon has dropped to $29.43 + free shipping.

$24.99 on Amazon today
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,586
    for those who want to save a few bucks, the price on Amazon has dropped to $29.43 + free shipping.

$24.99 on Amazon today
    $24.72 on Amazon.ca ;)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,919
    PJ_Soul wrote:

$24.99 on Amazon today
    $24.72 on Amazon.ca ;)

Whoa! .27 cents cheaper then 10club / Amazon.com? :shock:
    But no free shipping. Gotta buy something that's .28 cents more from Amazon.ca to get that Free Shipping.
    hmm ... :P
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

$24.99 on Amazon today
    $24.72 on Amazon.ca ;)

Whoa! .27 cents cheaper then 10club / Amazon.com? :shock:
    But no free shipping. Gotta buy something that's .28 cents more from Amazon.ca to get that Free Shipping.
    hmm ... :P
    :lol:
    Hey, a tip for Amazon.ca if you have some stuff you'd like to buy in the next month. Sign up for the 1 month Amazon Prime free trial - you get free, fast shipping on tons of stuff. It's a $79/year membership deal, but the 1 month is a totally free trial, and if you don't want to pay the annual fee and keep the perks, just opt out of it within a month.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    bertanbertan Posts: 266
    I've got a question, any help would be appreciated.

I ordered PJ self-titled from pearljam.com back in the day, and it came with a hardcover cd booklet, which was different from the retail version, and I liked that quite a lot. I'm not sure if Backspacer's retail version was different like Avocado, but now I'm wondering if they'll have anything like that for the Mad Season reissue.

I wouldn't wanna miss something like that, but pearljam.com's shipping is really slow compared to Amazon, and I live all the way in Turkey, so I'm guessing there will be difference of at least 2-3 weeks.

So back to my question, do we know anything about this? Would it have a different packaging if I order it from pearljam.com?

Thank you!
    "hey na na na na hey that's something"

30.09.2006 Athens | 18.06.2007 London | 18.08.2009 London | 05.07.2014 Werchter | 17.07.2018 London | 08.07.2022 London
  • Options
    BrainOfJHABrainOfJHA KC Posts: 695
    Just read on a blog that the vinyl version will be exclusive to record stores for RSD until June 3rd and then will be released everywhere else. I hope this is true. Found it in the comments section of this blog. It's an awesome blog btw and has tons of info on RSD. http://new-vinyl.blogspot.com/?m=1
  • Options
    Hub.Hub. Posts: 1,989
  • Options
    BrainOfJHA wrote:
    Just read on a blog that the vinyl version will be exclusive to record stores for RSD until June 3rd and then will be released everywhere else. I hope this is true. Found it in the comments section of this blog. It's an awesome blog btw and has tons of info on RSD. http://new-vinyl.blogspot.com/?m=1

I hope this his true. RSD + Canada = disaster!! Hopefully 10club will be able to sell em @ the store.
  • Options
    joeybucketsjoeybuckets Posts: 511
    demetrios wrote:
    BrainOfJHA wrote:

I hope this his true. RSD + Canada = disaster!! Hopefully 10club will be able to sell em @ the store.

Come on 10C, let us pre-order that sweet mad season vinyl!!!!!!! :mrgreen:
    6.19.08 Camden 1
    6.24.08 MSG 1
    8.05.08 EV NYC 2 (3rd Row)
    5.18.10 Newark
    5.20.10 MSG 1
    5.21.10 MSG 2
    6.21.11 Beacon Theatre,NYC
    6.22.11 Beacon Theatre,NYC
    9.02.12 Made In America Festival, Philly
    10.18.13 Barclays Brooklyn,NY
    10.19.13 Barclays Brooklyn,NY
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,884
    demetrios wrote:
    BrainOfJHA wrote:

I'd be surprised if they are not in the 10c store at some point
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    BrainOfJHABrainOfJHA KC Posts: 695
    demetrios wrote:
    BrainOfJHA wrote:

I'd be surprised if they are not in the 10c store at some point

I agree. Only question is if they are going to do a limited edition colored vinyl release :shock:
  • Options
    I hope this his true. RSD + Canada = disaster!! Hopefully 10club will be able to sell em @ the store.[/quote]

I'd be surprised if they are not in the 10c store at some point[/quote]

I agree. Only question is if they are going to do a limited edition colored vinyl release

I will take any color!!!! Lol
    6.19.08 Camden 1
    6.24.08 MSG 1
    5.18.10 Newark
    5.20.10 MSG 1
    5.21.10 MSG 2
  • Options
    RedMosquito02RedMosquito02 Posts: 2,560
    Not sure why, but I feel as though a maroon/wine color wax, similar to Benny would be perfect for his album 8-)
  • Options
    Not sure why, but I feel as though a maroon/wine color wax, similar to Benny would be perfect for his album 8-)

That would be fantastic!! :)
    And exclusive 10club release.
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:

I find that colour really ugly. Maybe deep royal purple would be cool though.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    demetrios wrote:

Personally, I want it draped in velvet for all I care. :P
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    demetrios wrote:

Personally, I don't care what colour it is, as long as it sounds good! .... But if it's gotta be a colour, please not burgundy. Yuck. May as well make it brown. :P
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    demetrios wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

Personally, I don't care what colour it is, as long as it sounds good! .... But if it's gotta be a colour, please not burgundy. Yuck. May as well make it brown. :P

:lol:

Brown it is! :twisted:
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    I just want the damn record without having to stand in line with a bunch of nerds on a Saturday morning.

If I gotta do it I will, but c'mon, someone make this available for presale.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    I just want the damn record without having to stand in line with a bunch of nerds on a Saturday morning.

I kinda enjoy the waiting in line..me and a buddy have made an event out of RSD the last 2 years. Last year we were at our record store at 4:00am....and were 8th and 9th in line.... :lol:
  • Options
    MedozK wrote:

I kinda enjoy the waiting in line..me and a buddy have made an event out of RSD the last 2 years. Last year we were at our record store at 4:00am....and were 8th and 9th in line.... :lol:
    Christ, what time did the store open?
  • Options
    I don't want to wait in line, and I don't want to pay triple for it on ebay.. Come on 10C come through for us ;)
    6.19.08 Camden 1
    6.24.08 MSG 1
    5.18.10 Newark
    5.20.10 MSG 1
    5.21.10 MSG 2
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    MedozK wrote:

10:00am
  • Options
    MedozK wrote:
    MedozK wrote:
    10:00am
    Jeez, I dont think my local record shop gets that hardcore with people waiting in line.
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    MedozK wrote:

yep, me too MedozK. Waited last year at my Favorite store for about an hour. Then went to the other 3 stores in the area to see what they had. Every store had something different. Looking forward to doing it again this year.
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,226
    Hopefully the Mad Season release isn't too hard to find.

The last few RSD's the releases I wanted didn't even make it to Canada so waiting in line would of been a waste of time :(
  • Options
    Zod wrote:
    Hopefully the Mad Season release isn't too hard to find.

The last few RSD's the releases I wanted didn't even make it to Canada so waiting in line would of been a waste of time :(

I received a few emails & checked a few news on the Mad Season Above release and it's a little bit confusing. On the official RSD site it say's 3000 of these will be sold. Then after RSD, it will be officially released in store shelves. I don't understand. Will there be 2 versions? Are they thinking these 3000 copies won't sell out that day on RSD that they will be selling @ the stores?

As for RSD in Canada, the past few year's experiences suck. And it will suck some more with the rise of shipping cost. Take for example the Brad 7" single that was sold on RSD. The clear one. It was sold in the USA shops @ $4.99. My local record store @ Taz were selling them @ 9.99. Now with the rise of postage cost, the price will be much higher to be sold here. A dude like me that only want's PJ & PJ related goodies, my best try on scoring this Mad Season Above RSD vinyl is online, and online only. If it's released by Sony Music / Monkey Wrench Records, I highly doubt it will make over here in Nova Scotia.

Just hoping 10club is able to deliver & sell some copies here, like the past RSD single releases.
  • Options
    RedMosquito02RedMosquito02 Posts: 2,560
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    demetrios wrote:

PJ_Soul has a beef with BURGUNDY
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    demetrios wrote:

PJ_Soul has a beef with BURGUNDY
    :lol: It's true! ... maybe it leads back to that humiliating prom dress that my mom made me. It was burgundy, and she wouldn't take no for an answer. It involved a vest. :fp: I'm still traumatized. :lol:
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    We went to the local record store today and had them put it on their order list. Fingers crossed they get it ... The last rsd was my first one in the US, and it was actually quite cool. It was the day after our wedding in Memphis, and we went record shopping in Nashville. We stood in line at Third Man for a while, but went to Grimey's when we were told that they only have the Third Man stuff. Stood in line at Grimey's as well, but we got everything we wanted. It was quite cool to see so many people going crazy for vinyl :D
    I hope we all get a copy of this "Deluxe edition", I would guess afterwards a "normal" copy would be available everywhere?