Options

Mad Season 'Above' Deluxe Edition and LP Info

Comments

• Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,884
    Berasapj wrote:
    From Mad season and mike twitter accounts they have said that the Above vinyl will only be available for RSD, but some of you have said that the above vinyl will be available for everybody after RSD. Does anybody know something?

It was posted one page back

""THE RELEASES ON THIS LIST ARE EXCLUSIVE ON RECORD STORE DAY BUT WILL BE RELEASED TO OTHER RETAILERS IN THE FUTURE"

http://download.recordstoreday.com/free/RSD_2013_RELEASES_WEBSITE.pdf
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    BerasapjBerasapj Posts: 292
    Berasapj wrote:
    From Mad season and mike twitter accounts they have said that the Above vinyl will only be available for RSD, but some of you have said that the above vinyl will be available for everybody after RSD. Does anybody know something?

It was posted one page back

""THE RELEASES ON THIS LIST ARE EXCLUSIVE ON RECORD STORE DAY BUT WILL BE RELEASED TO OTHER RETAILERS IN THE FUTURE"

http://download.recordstoreday.com/free/RSD_2013_RELEASES_WEBSITE.pdf

Ok Ok, the tweets that mad season & Mike put, confused me, thanks for clearing thing for me :)
    Manchester 1&2 2012

Waiting for the next PJ euro Tour

Hoping not to get drown in the wave of life
  • Options
    TimoRitzenTimoRitzen Posts: 147
    Awesome news that this will be distributed in Europe. Hopefully some EU 10c members will now have a chance at it. :) Seems like MOV does have something to do with this. Maybe they pressed the RSD version for Legacy/Colombia? This is deffinitely on my RSD must-have top5 list. Can't wait for April20th! :ugeek: :D
    that is great news indeed. I thought I read somewhere (correct me if I`m wrong) that the RSD release was going to be in purple vinyl? if this is true, is there a member in the US out there willing to help me out with getting a copy?
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,582
    TimoRitzen wrote:
    Awesome news that this will be distributed in Europe. Hopefully some EU 10c members will now have a chance at it. :) Seems like MOV does have something to do with this. Maybe they pressed the RSD version for Legacy/Colombia? This is deffinitely on my RSD must-have top5 list. Can't wait for April20th! :ugeek: :D
    that is great news indeed. I thought I read somewhere (correct me if I`m wrong) that the RSD release was going to be in purple vinyl? if this is true, is there a member in the US out there willing to help me out with getting a copy?
    I'm pretty sure that was just a conversation that happened on the porch. Someone said maybe it will be burgundy like Benny Hall, and I said yuck, how about deep royal purple, that would be cool ... What, was that a good guess?? If it is actually that colour, I will be pleased!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    RedMosquito02RedMosquito02 Posts: 2,560
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    TimoRitzen wrote:
    I'm pretty sure that was just a conversation that happened on the porch. Someone said maybe it will be burgundy like Benny Hall, and I said yuck, how about deep royal purple, that would be cool ... What, was that a good guess?? If it is actually that colour, I will be pleased!
    The curse of the maroon, shiny, loud prom dress ;)
  • Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,604
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    TimoRitzen wrote:

according to the pdf listed above, it didn't list a color. I would venture to say that it will be black.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,582
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    TimoRitzen wrote:
    :lol::lol: Oh yeah, I forgot about that part of the conversation! :lol: Ugh, why'd you have to remind me about that. :fp: :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    TimoRitzen wrote:
    It'll be black wax sans the ethching on the 4th side (D) because of the added tracks (unless they stick with the original track listing for the deluxe LP)....

Most likely ;)
  • Options
    Grandmas JamGrandmas Jam Posts: 1,860
    how do we find out what stores copies are going to? or how to get one?
    Ryan Crooks insists upon himself
  • Options
    iOnlyownMymindiOnlyownMymind Posts: 2,543
    edited April 2013
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    :lol::lol: Oh yeah, I forgot about that part of the conversation! :lol: Ugh, why'd you have to remind me about that. :fp: :lol:

:lol: I remember that.
    Post edited by iOnlyownMymind on
  • Options
    iOnlyownMymindiOnlyownMymind Posts: 2,543
    The dvd really captures Barrett Martin's drumming very nicely. I didn't realize how talented he really is.
  • Options
    alexross42alexross42 Posts: 367
    The dvd really captures Barrett Martin's drumming very nicely. I didn't realize how talented he really is.

Couldn't have put it better, Barrett really shines on this. 'November Hotel' in particular is a great showcase for him, the patterns he produces really propel the song along and underpins the whole dynamic of the song nicely - the transition from playing with his hands to picking up the sticks is a sweet move too!
    My Music, 'Crowd of Oaks' - Spotify | Bandcamp

Manchester 2000 :: Cardiff 2000 :: Prague 2006 :: London 2007 :: Manchester 2009 :: London 2009 :: Manchester I 2012 :: Manchester II 2012 :: Milton Keynes 2014 :: London I 2018 :: London II 2018

*BRAD* Birmingham 2013 :: London 2013
  • Options
    I have a new respect for the man. He really fuckin rocks! :D
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    From Music On Vinyl's facebook page.

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-a ... 3265_n.jpg

5000 copies according a reply in the comments under the post

More info...

http://www.musiconvinyl.com/releases/Ma ... SD_2013%29
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    5,000 is A LOT for vinyl. This shouldn't be too hard to get at all.
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    cp3iverson wrote:
    5,000 is A LOT for vinyl. This shouldn't be too hard to get at all.

For sure. I remember rushing to buy the Hendrix reissues a few years ago, which were limited to 5000 and they were on various sites for a good while. The demand for Above has to be much lower too.
  • Options
    WhyNotSwedenWhyNotSweden Sweden Posts: 4,269
    It'll be black wax sans the ethching on the 4th side (D) because of the added tracks (unless they stick with the original track listing for the deluxe LP)....
    Most likely ;)

Side Four

Black Book Of Fear (bonus track)
    Slip Away (bonus track)
    I Don't Wanna Be A Soldier (remix)
    -95, Stockholm (MirrorBall Tour)
    -00, Stockholm
    -07, Copenhagen
    -09, Berlin
    -10, Berlin
    -11, East Troy 1+2
    -12, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, EV London 2
    -13, London, Chicago
    -14, Amsterdam 1+2, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo
    -16, TOTD San Francisco 1+2
    -17, EV Amsterdam 2+3
    -18, Amsterdam 1+2, London 1+(2), Barcelona, London 2
    -19, EV Brussels

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,918
    Well, talked to a dude over @ Taz Records. Say's he's getting them in but doesn't know how many. It's a luck of the draw. :/
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    TimoRitzen wrote:
    That`s too bad though ;) Would love to have it in (whatever) colour vinyl ;)
  • Options
    BerasapjBerasapj Posts: 292
    For what it seems the vinyl only has above + the new songs, no moore concert or dvd, am I right?
    Manchester 1&2 2012

Waiting for the next PJ euro Tour

Hoping not to get drown in the wave of life
  • Options
    Berasapj wrote:
    For what it seems the vinyl only has above + the new songs, no moore concert or dvd, am I right?

Correct. Just disc one of the 3 disc Deluxe Edition Set.
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:
    Berasapj wrote:

Correct. Just disc one of the 3 disc Deluxe Edition Set.
    That`s a real shame, would love to have the disc 2 of the deluxe set on vinyl as well. Might be going with the 3 disc cd set then...
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    demetrios wrote:
    Well, talked to a dude over @ Taz Records. Say's he's getting them in but doesn't know how many. It's a luck of the draw. :/

just wait for it on amazon. Again, 5000 pressed means it will be around for a while. A lot of RSD numbered editions from last year are still widely available online.
  • Options
    cp3iverson wrote:
    demetrios wrote:

just wait for it on amazon. Again, 5000 pressed means it will be around for a while. A lot of RSD numbered editions from last year are still widely available online.

That's true. I don't have any faith on my local record stores. Their prices are close to double the price I can get the same product though other record stores outside the province. Doesn't make sense but it's true.

If Amazon has a copy, that would be great. Or best 10club. But if not, I'll pick it up @ Easy Street, Sound Stage Direct, Looney Tunes Records, Banquet Records etc.. All their customer services are top notch! :)
  • Options
    https://www.facebook.com/LegacyRecordings?ref=stream

We headed out onto the streets of New York and took some awesome photos of some of the exclusive Record Store Day 2013 LP releases! Here we have the Mad Season – Above 180-gram, 2LP gatefold vinyl!
    - Above is THE ONLY album to be completed by the Seattle-based rock supergroup
    - 3 songs from mythical unfinished second album with NEWLY RECORDED vocals by Mark Lanegan
    - Previously unreleased instrumental “Interlude”
    - Remixed version of John Lennon cover “I Don’t Wanna Be A Soldier”

g8Fp2aY.jpg?1
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:

We headed out onto the streets of New York and took some awesome photos of some of the exclusive Record Store Day 2013 LP releases! Here we have the Mad Season – Above 180-gram, 2LP gatefold vinyl!
    - 3 songs from mythical unfinished second album with NEWLY RECORDED vocals by Mark Lanegan

g8Fp2aY.jpg?1
    :shock: OH MY GOOD GOD :shock:

This is going to be a LONG 9 days!!!
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:

g8Fp2aY.jpg?1

Not that long till RSD. I'm gonna be shit out of luck anyways that day seeing that my local record stores won't have bubkiss. Will have to depend on the online record stores for the RSD sales. Hopefully 10club can come threw and sell some of these @ the store.
  • Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,604
    demetrios wrote:
    demetrios wrote:

g8Fp2aY.jpg?1

Not that long till RSD. I'm gonna be shit out of luck anyways that day seeing that my local record stores won't have bubkiss. Will have to depend on the online record stores for the RSD sales. Hopefully 10club can come threw and sell some of these @ the store.

these will be in record stores until June, and then everywhere after that! I wouldn't worry about not being able to get one :)
  • Options
    MangoMango Brisbane, Australia (via Dublin, Ireland) Posts: 1,049
    Deluxe CD has landed in Sydney.
    "Life comes from within your heart and desire"
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:
    demetrios wrote:

g8Fp2aY.jpg?1

I'm a little bummed out about the front cover...the back cover RED is a cool change from the B&W of the original...but I'm fortunate to own the original pressing and spin the SHIT outta that one currently. I'll be able to take it out of rotation for a little while ;)