Options

Mad Season 'Above' Deluxe Edition and LP Info

Comments

• Options
    RedMosquito02RedMosquito02 Posts: 2,560
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    :lol: It's true! ... maybe it leads back to that humiliating prom dress that my mom made me. It was burgundy, and she wouldn't take no for an answer. It involved a vest. :fp: I'm still traumatized. :lol:
    At least there's a great backstory!

So, you may have proper beef ;)

Ummm, a vest??
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,580

Ummm, a vest??
    With pinstripes. :cry::cry:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    iOnlyownMymindiOnlyownMymind Posts: 2,543
    PJ_Soul wrote:

Ummm, a vest??

:lol: :fp:
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,580
    PJ_Soul wrote:

Ummm, a vest??

:lol: :fp:
    And it wasn't just burgundy. It was shiny burgundy that made a rustling noise when I moved. :fp: :fp: :fp:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    wpg pearlwpg pearl Posts: 1,258
    whatever color works. i just want it....
    RSD where i am is like shopping like on boxing day.i can t stand it
    Canadian records store day suck.
    ajb
  • Options
    The RSD release is in fact limited to 3,000 8-) No word on a wide spread release after RSD.

C'mon 10C, sell these things....is tomorrow the day?!?

Or next Tuesday (81)?
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    3,000? I find it hard to believe that it will be limited to that many overall.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    This was already posted in another thread...my local record store is also officially now taking pre-orders (all the releases are in their system now).

Looks pretty freakin' legit.

http://ignitionmusic.net/files/ignition ... st3913.pdf
  • Options
    This was already posted in another thread...my local record store is also officially now taking pre-orders (all the releases are in their system now).

I can see 3,000 for RSD. But I bet more are released/sold after that.
  • Options
    PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,049

I doubt it. I bet its a Moneky Wrench release. Rumors for PJ20 were 4000 copies, not sure why they'd go heavy on Mad Season, but I could be wrong.
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:
    Zod wrote:
    Hopefully the Mad Season release isn't too hard to find.

The last few RSD's the releases I wanted didn't even make it to Canada so waiting in line would of been a waste of time :(

I received a few emails & checked a few news on the Mad Season Above release and it's a little bit confusing. On the official RSD site it say's 3000 of these will be sold. Then after RSD, it will be officially released in store shelves. I don't understand. Will there be 2 versions? Are they thinking these 3000 copies won't sell out that day on RSD ?
    Just hoping 10club is able to deliver & sell some copies here, like the past RSD single releases.

Yeah, I really hope 10c gets a few copies cause this will be popular. Would be cool if they were a unique color like the Mad Season single. As far as the numbers, it sounds like its going to be similiar to the Incubus RSD releases from last year. They released about 2~3k and then had a regular release after RSD. Not sure if there was anything different but the RSD copies were numbered in gold and my local record guy wasn't aware of them being numbered until he received them. I could see them doing something similiar. I know my ass will be waiting patiently outside my local record store. Now I just need to save some damn $$. Between Pj and NIN doing Fall tours and then RSD. :fp:
  • Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,604

The LP will be limited to indie record stores until sometime in June, I think. They will then be available everywhere.

If you want one, buy early. I heard yesterday that the price will go up in June.
  • Options
    kramer73 wrote:

The LP will be limited to indie record stores until sometime in June, I think. They will then be available everywhere.

If you want one, buy early. I heard yesterday that the price will go up in June.
    I hope so.
  • Options
    jbrowniejbrownie Posts: 135
    If we're talking the color of the vinyl? Deep Purple. Still kicking & dropping a new album 4-30.
    Yeah, I'm the only one who cares. Whatever. Who makes albums anymore anyways? ;) Anyways, flat, no skips, I'm good. Color's just a gimmick.

I don't think this will be hard to find, or limited to 3K. I've already got my copy locked up...There will be 'more than a few' in NE, according to my buyer. I joked he'll make much on Ebay w/ the left-overs...but we've got a vibrant vinyl base here, so we'll see (only 1 box left from last RSD, of everything).
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,913
    demetrios wrote:
    Zod wrote:
    Hopefully the Mad Season release isn't too hard to find.

The last few RSD's the releases I wanted didn't even make it to Canada so waiting in line would of been a waste of time :(

I received a few emails & checked a few news on the Mad Season Above release and it's a little bit confusing. On the official RSD site it say's 3000 of these will be sold. Then after RSD, it will be officially released in store shelves. I don't understand. Will there be 2 versions? Are they thinking these 3000 copies won't sell out that day on RSD ?
    Just hoping 10club is able to deliver & sell some copies here, like the past RSD single releases.

Yeah, I really hope 10c gets a few copies cause this will be popular. Would be cool if they were a unique color like the Mad Season single. As far as the numbers, it sounds like its going to be similiar to the Incubus RSD releases from last year. They released about 2~3k and then had a regular release after RSD. Not sure if there was anything different but the RSD copies were numbered in gold and my local record guy wasn't aware of them being numbered until he received them. I could see them doing something similiar. I know my ass will be waiting patiently outside my local record store. Now I just need to save some damn $$. Between Pj and NIN doing Fall tours and then RSD. :fp:

They did the exact same thing with Ed's 7" RSD single last year. Said there were I believe 4000 of them? They sold out but later they were sold @ the Ed solo show's last year. Plus it's been available @ the 10club store for many day's now. No way only 4000 were made of those.

The Mad Season vinyl, I betcha, there will be sold to many record stores after RSD.
    Check this out ..

http://www.banquetrecords.com/RSD13MADSEASON

Yes it say's RSD Exclusive - Expected 20th April but it also say's .. "This item will be available from 27/04/2013"

http://www.musicdirect.com/p-104222-mad ... rt-lp.aspx

Still has it listed. How many folks already placed a preorder of there? Not sure if it's promising, but they haven't pulled it down. The only website still taking orders.
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:

Yes it say's RSD Exclusive - Expected 20th April but it also say's .. "This item will be available from 27/04/2013
    Pretty sure the Banquet Records site means, if there is stock of RSD Mad Season still left on the 27th he'll put them for sale online...
  • Options
    october22october22 Posts: 2,533
    10C will sell it. Mark my words.
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:

Yes it say's RSD Exclusive - Expected 20th April but it also say's .. "This item will be available from 27/04/2013
    Pretty sure the Banquet Records site means, if there is stock of RSD Mad Season still left on the 27th he'll put them for sale online...

Ah. I looked @ it the wrong way.
    doh2.gif
  • Options
    So on Musicdirect it says availability~TBA but they're taking orders? Is Music on Vinyl putting this out or Monkeywrench or is there going to be 2 different pressings?
  • Options
    So on Musicdirect it says availability~TBA but they're taking orders? Is Music on Vinyl putting this out or Monkeywrench or is there going to be 2 different pressings?

Yep! Tempted but it's almost 30 bucks to ship it to Canada, the cheapest way. Gonna wait it out.

*update

The Musicdirect link is now gone!

That Product could not be found.
    It may have been discontinued or no longer available for purchase online.
  • Options
    So far, one RSD 2013 pressing of 3,000 from Legacy/Columbia 8-)

Has nothing to do with Monkeywrench or MOV...
  • Options
    deftonesdeftones Athens, Greece Posts: 2,444
    "THE RELEASES ON THIS LIST ARE EXCLUSIVE ON RECORD STORE DAY BUT WILL BE RELEASED TO OTHER RETAILERS IN THE FUTURE" ...from the official list http://download.recordstoreday.com/free ... EBSITE.pdf
    :D
    ATHENS / 30-9-2006, MANCHESTER / 20-6-2012, MANCHESTER / 21-6-2012, AMSTERDAM / 16-6-2014, AMSTERDAM / 17-6-2014, AMSTERDAM / 12-6-2018, AMSTERDAM / 13-6-2018, PRAGUE / 1-7-2018, KRAKOW / 3-7-2018, BERLIN / 5-7-2018
  • Options
    deftones wrote:
    "THE RELEASES ON THIS LIST ARE EXCLUSIVE ON RECORD STORE DAY BUT WILL BE RELEASED TO OTHER RETAILERS IN THE FUTURE" ...from the official list http://download.recordstoreday.com/free ... EBSITE.pdf
    Sweet!

Looks like an initial run of 3000 for RSD with a broad release to retailers later on :D
  • Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,604
    I only mentioned this a week ago.
  • Options
    deftones wrote:

Fantastic news!!! Don't have to stress out on RSD now.
    It's the only item I have my eyes on any way's.
  • Options
    Good. I figured as much.
  • Options
    So far, one RSD 2013 pressing of 3,000 from Legacy/Columbia 8-)

Has nothing to do with Monkeywrench or MOV...

I thought that as well but MusicDirect listed it as MOV release and so did SSD which now has it listed as discontinued. I did some further digging and it woul appear that MOV had teased pressing this previously but for whatever reason it never happened. I just went to MOV's site and they had this listed:
    NEWS RECORD STORE DAY RELEASES 22-03-2013
    Music On Vinyl will release a special run of 16 Record Store Day titles from a multitude of legendary artists, including Mad Season, Sly & the Family Stone, Jimi Hendrix, Rory Gallagher, Leonard Cohen, Jeff Buckley and more.  All Record Store Day products from Music On Vinyl will be available throughout Europe for selected participating record stores.  All items are produced in limited numbers, are individually numbered and pressed on heavy, quality vinyl.
    First off, a selection of full-length releases will hit the independent record shops: the highly anticipated supergroup Mad Season's Above LP finally sees the light of day expanded to a Double-LP. 

Awesome news that this will be distributed in Europe. Hopefully some EU 10c members will now have a chance at it. :) Seems like MOV does have something to do with this. Maybe they pressed the RSD version for Legacy/Colombia? This is deffinitely on my RSD must-have top5 list. Can't wait for April20th! :ugeek: :D
  • Options
    BerasapjBerasapj Posts: 292
    From Mad season and mike twitter accounts they have said that the Above vinyl will only be available for RSD, but some of you have said that the above vinyl will be available for everybody after RSD. Does anybody know something?
    Manchester 1&2 2012

Waiting for the next PJ euro Tour

Hoping not to get drown in the wave of life