Options

Vedder/Waters

Comments

• Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    I thought it was really phenomenal. Honestly didn't think Eddie would do that song as much justice as he did, but he blew it out of the water! Can't stop watching the video of it!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,777
    Better Dan wrote:
    RobbyD462 wrote:
    They should have Eddie do the whole set with Waters. 8-)

That other guy was questionable at best! :fp:

That's what I thought..I thought the other guy was horrible!

I know right!
    See I'm not the only one! :D
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

• Options
    DPrival78DPrival78 CT Posts: 2,259
    unsung wrote:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4c_8rTuddU

1:27

What is written on his thumb?

I was wondering same thing :lol:

i think it says "don't leave tonight without getting a picture with billy joel"
    i'm more a fan of popular bands.. like the bee-gees, pearl jam
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,257
    I thought it was good, but Epic it was not.
  • Options
    JTHJTH Chicago Posts: 3,238
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    EPIC!
    EPIC I SAY!!!!!!!!

I must agree with you sir. Two of my all-time favorite artists on stage together??

That performance gave me chills. Wow wow wow wow!!!!
    You're not the only one. I got this from a friend of mine who really isn't even much of a PJ/EV fan.

kolef.jpg

My thoughts? I haven't seen/heard it yet.
  • Options
    On The Sports Hub in Boston, the Felger & Mazz show, Michael Felger just raved for about 4 minutes about how " freek'n great Eddie Bleeping Vedder was on Comfortably Numb". I had people texting me that know how big a PJ fan I am raving about the performance.

I couldn't agree more!
  • Options
    StevieGStevieG Ontario Posts: 850
    mca47 wrote:
    I thought it was good, but Epic it was not.

Thank you.
    Barrie, ON - Aug 22, 1998
    London, ON - Sep 12, 2005
    Toronto, ON - Aug 21, 2009
    Toronto, ON- Sep 11 2011
    Hamilton, ON- Sep 15 2011
    London, ON- Jul 16 2013
    Buffalo, NY- Oct 12 2013
  • Options
    iamloco724 wrote:
    performance was amazing...just seems odd that he only got to do one song..even if he came out with another artist if not his own mini set like chris martin..he was advertised since day one for this thing to just have be featured in one song on someone elses set seems odd

i was really expecting him to atleast do one song with the who as well especially when reign started

instead we had 15 min or whatever it was of kanye which was just awkward and didnt belong on the show

thankful now i wasnt able to get tickets for this..it was a good show overall just no reason not to have just a little more eddie
    I don't think he was advertised from day one. I'm pretty sure he was a late addition to the lineup.

In fact, just yesterday, I saw a preview write-up that didn't even mention him.

I think it was the same for Dave Grohl. How many songs did he do?
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
    I was thinking about who they had to turn down. You know there had to be many artists who wanted to be a part of the show. It was such a huge benefit and event. I'd have hated that job... "Sorry, we can't fit you in." :cry:
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    Kat wrote:
    I was thinking about who they had to turn down. You know there had to be many artists who wanted to be a part of the show. It was such a huge benefit and event. I'd have hated that job... "Sorry, we can't fit you in." :cry:

i read a quote from one of the organizers that in order to get big $$ donations they went with artists that would appeal to boomers
  • Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    JTH wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:

I must agree with you sir. Two of my all-time favorite artists on stage together??

That performance gave me chills. Wow wow wow wow!!!!
    You're not the only one. I got this from a friend of mine who really isn't even much of a PJ/EV fan.

kolef.jpg

My thoughts? I haven't seen/heard it yet.

That's awesome!! So cool for Eddie to be able to display his talent for so many people like that. I was listening to the radio when they interviewed Roger and he honestly couldn't seem happier that Eddie was singing it with him! :D
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    norm wrote:
    Kat wrote:

i read a quote from one of the organizers that in order to get big $$ donations they went with artists that would appeal to boomers

that makes sense. It was very fortunate that The Who is currently on tour and the Stones getting ready to play a few shows in the area.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,937
    Kat wrote:

This is a good point Kat. And, as much as I wanted to see more of Eddie and Dave Grohl, really only Chris Martin struck me as being maybe a little undeserving of his spot. Waters, The Who, The Rolling Stones, Bruce, Sir Paul and Billy Joel are all huge acts. Bon Jovi has close ties to and identifies with New Jersey. Alicia Keys is the same to NYC. As much as I hate Kanye, he is a huge act. There was only so much time and who were they going to bump?

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    epic performance. :mrgreen:
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • Options
    JimmyV wrote:
    really only Chris Martin struck me as being maybe a little undeserving of his spot.
    As much as I hate Kanye, he is a huge act...
    So why did Kanye deserve to be there whereas Chris didn't?

Coldplay is friggin' huge, too. I don't have the stats in front of me but I believe their US numbers are comparable to Mr. West's. However, in terms of international record/ticket sales, I'm pretty sure Kanye is eating Coldplay's dust.
  • Options
    JTH wrote:
    JimmyV wrote:
    really only Chris Martin struck me as being maybe a little undeserving of his spot.
    As much as I hate Kanye, he is a huge act...
    So why did Kanye deserve to be there whereas Chris didn't?

Coldplay is friggin' huge, too. I don't have the stats in front of me but I believe their US numbers are comparable to Mr. West's. However, in terms of international record/ticket sales, I'm pretty sure Kanye is eating Coldplay's dust.

Maybe they are "friggin' huge" too. Didn't say they weren't. But Coldplay didn't play, Chris Martin did. Is Chris Martin - on his own - even close to as big as any other act last night? No, he is not. Chris Martin is not that much bigger of a star than Eddie Vedder or Dave Grohl. That is my point.

• Options
    JimmyV wrote:
    Chris Martin is not that much bigger of a star than Eddie Vedder or Dave Grohl.
    Yeah, actually he is.
  • Options
    JTH wrote:
    JimmyV wrote:
    Yeah, actually he is.

OK.

• Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
    JimmyV wrote:
    Kat wrote:

This is a good point Kat. And, as much as I wanted to see more of Eddie and Dave Grohl, really only Chris Martin struck me as being maybe a little undeserving of his spot. Waters, The Who, The Rolling Stones, Bruce, Sir Paul and Billy Joel are all huge acts. Bon Jovi has close ties to and identifies with New Jersey. Alicia Keys is the same to NYC. As much as I hate Kanye, he is a huge act. There was only so much time and who were they going to bump?

I'm just so glad that Roger Waters invited Ed so we could all see that great performance of a legendary song . It was emotive and moving and, and, well, you know. :)
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747
    JimmyV wrote:
    JTH wrote:
    JimmyV wrote:
    Yeah, actually he is.

OK.

Not saying he's better, but he's definitely a bigger star. Coldplay is one of the biggest bands in the world.
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,257
    Kat wrote:

I'm just so glad that Roger Waters invited Ed so we could all see that great performance of a legendary song . It was emotive and moving and, and, well, you know. :)

It is interesting to see how many of those legends last night truly respect EV and PJ. Maybe not publicly displayed last night, but considering Ed/PJ have played with Bruce, The Who, The Stones, McCartney, Waters (plus many others) over the years says something! Not sure of too many other bands that can say they've been fortunate enough to play with some of the alltime greats!
    I'd love to see Ed or PJ play with Clapton some day! That would truly be amazing! :D
  • Options
    I was so proud to be an Eddie and PJ fan last night. I couldn't believe how good he sounded! The other highlight for me was Clapton for sure. That Martin was absolutely singing last night, brilliant concert all around.
    Gorge
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,168
    Kat wrote:
    JimmyV wrote:
    Kat wrote:

+ 1

all the names was huge at the event...The Rolling stones had only 10 min to play..
    Bruce,Sir Paul,Bon Jovi,The Who,Eric Clapton,WatersThe Rolling stones,Billy Joe,Alicia Keys(the only woman,has to be a woman in,+plus has a song called NY),a guy plays rap(must have someone with this style of music too..)the guy from Coldplay..ALL are huge names and most of them 40-50 years at music
    Eddie and Dave Grohl was normal to get the time they did...

for me is one of the biggest moments of Eddie carreer..he knew it too...he was nervous about it..,and he did the only thing he should do...to sing the shit out of it..!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thank you eddie..we all felt so proud see you there and give this epic show and to this epic song your talent!!!
    Bravo!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options

Not saying he's better, but he's definitely a bigger star. Coldplay is one of the biggest bands in the world.

Maybe he is. I don't think so, but maybe. It could just be my own perspective and the music I listen to but I don't think the name Chris Martin is that much better known than the names Eddie Vedder or Dave Grohl. But maybe I'm wrong.

• Options
    mca47 wrote:
    Kat wrote:

It is interesting to see how many of those legends last night truly respect EV and PJ. Maybe not publicly displayed last night, but considering Ed/PJ have played with Bruce, The Who, The Stones, McCartney, Waters (plus many others) over the years says something! Not sure of too many other bands that can say they've been fortunate enough to play with some of the alltime greats!
    I'd love to see Ed or PJ play with Clapton some day! That would truly be amazing! :D
    Waters reaction during the song says it all..he enjoy so much listening Ed ,he show it and the hug and holding hands in the end was amazing..
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    JimmyV wrote:

Maybe he is. I don't think so, but maybe. It could just be my own perspective and the music I listen to but I don't think the name Chris Martin is that much better known than the names Eddie Vedder or Dave Grohl. But maybe I'm wrong.
    it is bigger ....and even married to Gwyneth Paltrow make it bigger back in the day...
  • Options
    EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    Ed was freaking amazing, period. NOONE else could have sang that shit like he did. When I was at the gym this morning, they had CBS news morning on television, and at the end they showed a clip, and it was the part with Ed. The female commentator said that it was the greatest thing about the whole show (which overall was damn good)!!

And Alicia Keys was also stunningly incredible, imo.
  • Options
    HopperHopper Posts: 203
    although i was pissed when i realized that Ed was only doing one song...but...since it really was the highlight of the show, it is a good thing...as now, everyone is talking about how great Ed's performance was...if he had done other songs, they would have muted the greatness of his performance on CN....

i know that i have read some other comments that were similar...not trying to act like i thought of the idea, but really it is the best situation...he sang the shit out of it....and he left everyone wanting more!
    "To be the man, you gotta beat the man! WOOOOOOOOO!!"
  • Options
    EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    on2legs wrote:
    Very happy for Ed. That was a huge moment for him and he nailed it. :D
    yes, he did!! As a matter of fact, when they got done, I texted my friend and said "OMG, HE NAILED THE SHIT OUT OF IT!". :lol:
  • Options
    RhinoJamRhinoJam Raleighwood Posts: 593
    any audio out there ?... saw the performance last night... and I need to hear this again... I thought Eddie seemed a little distressed, or had a cold or something... maybe he wanted to perform more and there wasn't enough time? ... audio...

Thanks in advance, Rhino...

ps... Kanye sucks... roo anyone?
    Charlotte 10/4/96 Raleigh 8/31/98 Charlotte 8/4/00 Raleigh 4/15/03 Asheville 10/6/04
    Bonnaroo 6/14/08 Spectrum 10/30/09 Spectrum 10/31/09 Atlanta 9/22/12 Wrigley 7/19/13
    Baltimore 10/27/13 Charlottesville 10/29/13 Charlotte 10/30/13 OKC 11/16/13
    St. Louis 10/03/14 Greenville 4/16/16 Hampton 4/18/16
    Columbia 4/21/16 Wrigley 8/18/18