Options

Vedder/Waters

12346»

Comments

• Options
    TJ25487TJ25487 Posts: 1,463
    Get_Right wrote:
    Its all good.
    That performance did not penetrate my soul. ;)

Tis all.
    I hear you. How many times have you seen/listened to it? I have found that my preconcieved notions of how a performance should sound often get in the way of me truely hearing it?
  • Options
    RhinoJamRhinoJam Raleighwood Posts: 593
    EmBleve wrote:
    RhinoJam wrote:
    any audio out there ?... saw the performance last night... and I need to hear this again... I thought Eddie seemed a little distressed, or had a cold or something... maybe he wanted to perform more and there wasn't enough time? ... audio...

Thanks in advance, Rhino...

ps... Kanye sucks... roo anyone?
    obviously, you didn't see the sub-par performance in Atlanta this year.

well... I did see them in Atlanta this year, and I thought they played pretty tight, but fast, trying to squeeze in a set..., too many short songs, although save you, rearviewmirror, nothingman, wishlist and black were a nice surprise, but I still loved the show... hoping to see them in NC in 2013!
    Charlotte 10/4/96 Raleigh 8/31/98 Charlotte 8/4/00 Raleigh 4/15/03 Asheville 10/6/04
    Bonnaroo 6/14/08 Spectrum 10/30/09 Spectrum 10/31/09 Atlanta 9/22/12 Wrigley 7/19/13
    Baltimore 10/27/13 Charlottesville 10/29/13 Charlotte 10/30/13 OKC 11/16/13
    St. Louis 10/03/14 Greenville 4/16/16 Hampton 4/18/16
    Columbia 4/21/16 Wrigley 8/18/18
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    TJ25487 wrote:
    Get_Right wrote:
    Its all good.
    That performance did not penetrate my soul. ;)

Tis all.
    I hear you. How many times have you seen/listened to it? I have found that my preconcieved notions of how a performance should sound often get in the way of me truely hearing it?
    Many times, I cant get enough EV.
    I want to love it. But its contrived and forced and Ed seems out of his element. Of course he put his heart into it as he always does, and that is why we love him.

Ed wasn't bad, the whole performance just wasn't great. Being a new yorker affected by both 9/11 and Sandy I compare that performance to the long road with Neil. And it doesn't compare IMHO.

If Waters is going to play comfortably numb at a special event, there is only one performer that can make that song special-David Gilmour. Call me a purist.

Its all good, glad people were moved by it, and after all, if Ed's appearance raised a few more bucks for the charity then even better.
  • Options
    EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    RhinoJam wrote:
    EmBleve wrote:
    RhinoJam wrote:
    any audio out there ?... saw the performance last night... and I need to hear this again... I thought Eddie seemed a little distressed, or had a cold or something... maybe he wanted to perform more and there wasn't enough time? ... audio...

Thanks in advance, Rhino...

ps... Kanye sucks... roo anyone?
    obviously, you didn't see the sub-par performance in Atlanta this year.

well... I did see them in Atlanta this year, and I thought they played pretty tight, but fast, trying to squeeze in a set..., too many short songs, although save you, rearviewmirror, nothingman, wishlist and black were a nice surprise, but I still loved the show... hoping to see them in NC in 2013!
    the setlist was great... but the enthusiasm and gumption just wasn't there, comparatively. I had the feeling that they were tired, and doing it 'just for show'. But, I enjoyed the hell out of it regardless. AND ME TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! Come to NC in 2013!!
  • Options
    JTHJTH Chicago Posts: 3,238
    RhinoJam wrote:
    ... although save you, rearviewmirror, nothingman, wishlist and black were a nice surprise...
    "Save You" was the only real surprise to me, but my wife did accurately predict that not only would they play it, but it would be the second song of the show.

Hey, does anyone know what the lead guitarist was playing? It looked like a Telecaster, but it definitely wasn't a Fender. Maybe a Washburn?

Also, that was GE Smith playing rhythm guitar, wasn't it?
  • Options
    dasvidanadasvidana Grand Junction CO Posts: 1,318
    523840_10152335605770088_929388692_n.jpg
    LOVE this
    It's nice to be nice to the nice.
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    JTH wrote:
    Hey, does anyone know what the lead guitarist was playing? It looked like a Telecaster, but it definitely wasn't a Fender. Maybe a Washburn?

Also, that was GE Smith playing rhythm guitar, wasn't it?

Wiki says it's a Suhr. They make high-end copies of Strats and Teles

Yes, that was GE Smith. He's in Waters' touring band.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,948
    dasvidana wrote:
    LOVE this

I do too! :)

Who's a Photo Shop expert? Anyway to put a Santa Clause hat on Ed up there?
  • Options
    Princess BulldozerPrincess Bulldozer Mannheim, Germany Posts: 952
    demetrios wrote:
    dasvidana wrote:
    LOVE this

Not to be sacrilegious, but maybe a crown of thorns is a better fit?!
    Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure - science.
    ~Edwin Powell Hubble

Men love to wonder, and that is the seed of science.
    ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,948
    demetrios wrote:

Not to be sacrilegious, but maybe a crown of thorns is a better fit?!

Would be a little extreme! :shock:
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,548
    After a few more listens I have the same thoughts as when I was there at the show. Roger Waters sincerely looked like he was thrilled with Eddie singing the song. Eddie did a great job. Sure Roger Waters is not Pink Floyd, but McCartney wasn't with the Beatles either that night. Really great version of Comfortably Numb.
  • Options
    McNairnMcNairn Posts: 284
    Each time I watch it it gets better and better.
  • Options
    TJ25487TJ25487 Posts: 1,463
    McNairn wrote:
    You mean it get epicer and epicer!!! :clap:
  • Options
    TJ25487 wrote:
    McNairn wrote:

Most definitely!! :clap::clap:
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,168
    TJ25487 wrote:
    McNairn wrote:
    :clap::clap::clap:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”