Kansas City Chief commits suicide at facility...

Comments

• normnorm Posts: 31,146
    playing should be left up to the chiefs players and coaches...if they want to play, fine...this should not be the nfl decision because they are only thinking about money

if they decide not to play, the chiefs should still pay the workers at arrowhead and give refunds to any ticket holder who wants one...the remainder of ticket money should go to a fund for the now orphaned child
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    norm wrote:
    playing should be left up to the chiefs players and coaches...if they want to play, fine...this should not be the nfl decision because they are only thinking about money

if they decide not to play, the chiefs should still pay the workers at arrowhead and give refunds to any ticket holder who wants one...the remainder of ticket money should go to a fund for the now orphaned child

When would the game be made up then?
  • How can the coach coach tomorrow?
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    norm wrote:

again... normie has a well balanced way about things.

norm, ppl blow bigtime. why can't more ppl have a level & calm & collective way about themselves like you do? you are a pillar of goodness.

woot... :lol: (i don't believe i've ever used the woot thing till now)
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    Not that the game really matters, but I wonder if they will mention the players death at the stadium tomorrow?
  • WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    norm wrote:

Completely agree with this.
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,410
    so sad..... :(
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    "After discussions between the league office, Head Coach Romeo Crennel and Chiefs team captains, the Chiefs advised the NFL that it will play tomorrow’s game vs. the Carolina Panthers at its originally scheduled time," read the statement.
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Chiefs are a lock.........
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,779
    The dude is from West Babylon,NY and went to hs with my little cousin. My brother even met him on a few occasions

He was undrafted, and worked hard to make the team from a small school.

They both are shocked to say the least. He even told my cousin next time they play giants/jets here....he'd hook up some tix

I can't believe situations get like that between people, such a tragedy.

Thinking bout the kid :cry:
  • CROJAM95 wrote:
    The dude is from West Babylon,NY and went to hs with my little cousin. My brother even met him on a few occasions

He was undrafted, and worked hard to make the team from a small school.

They both are shocked to say the least. He even told my cousin next time they play giants/jets here....he'd hook up some tix

I can't believe situations get like that between people, such a tragedy.

Thinking bout the kid :cry:

On je ima Srpsko ime?
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383
    Just don't think they should be playing the game tomorrow. If the Chiefs players and coaches decided they wanted to play, I guess play. But I hope this isn't to honor their teammate, cause there is absolutely nothing honorable about what he did.
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Chiefs are a lock.........

Too soon...nah. :lol:
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    The NFL made the right call ... it's not just a game to those stadium workers, parking lot attendants or the people who have bars and restaurants that rely on chiefs and panthers football this time of year ... especially this close to christmas a lot of these workers are depending on this income at this time of year. It sad what happened for sure...
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672
    if the NFL "honors" this guy it will be a disgrace.
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    MayDay10 wrote:

agreed ... another reason why they should play todays game.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Have we heard anything to as what him and the young lady were supposedly arguing about?
    He was 25.
    She was 22

What a fucking shame....
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672
    it was over a Tres Songz concert
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Sounds innocent but...
    Yes she went out to a concert ... out til 1am.

He was jealous, couldn't control her, she him.

That's the hardest part of a young relationship, learning in life we can control no one.
    People have to want to please and not be selfish, promote bonds not test them.

So much frustration, anger he had no choice but to take his own life after losing his
    temper and killing his girl, the mother of his baby girl. He knew he didn't deserve to be here,
    couldn't be here anymore.

Tragic, avoidable...
    I'm sure their were warning signs ... most especially since young men have tempers,
    jeez young women can test them.

Could blows to the head, concussions cause personality changes?
  • pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383
    MayDay10 wrote:

Exactly, if they have a moment of silence it should only be for the "victim" (girl) who was murdered by this coward.
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    pandora wrote:
    Sounds innocent but...
    Yes she went out to a concert ... out til 1am....

.. most especially since young men have tempers,

Damn right. Us lil' women should be careful around our fine men. Do as they say or as it pleases them. Let's not be our own person and go to a gig (sounds 'innocent' but is it??? Us women can be devious) or speak up - we wouldn't want to 'test' our temperamental men. It obviously would be us women's fault if this man then decided to f***ing shoot us or beat us up or something, wouldn't it? Yep... we sure can test men...
    pureoc wrote:
    MayDay10 wrote:

Exactly, if they have a moment of silence it should only be for the "victim" (girl) who was murdered by this coward.

Exactly. Remembering the dead woman, thinking of the poor little baby who will grow up not knowing her mother but knowing her father killed her (well... father is a big word - let's say the man who impregnated her mother).

But honestly - how many can say they knew this man's name before this? That they followed this 'star's' career? Sadly, if he wasn't playing football and if he didn't top himself in such a public and melodramatic manner (instead of just turning himself in to suffer the consequences of his actions), we wouldn't be talking about it. This poor woman would just be another domestic violence statistic and no one would be trying to find excuses for the man's actions.
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    redrock wrote:
    Exactly. Remembering the dead woman, thinking of the poor little baby who will grow up not knowing her mother but knowing her father killed her (well... father is a big word - let's say the man who impregnated her mother).

But honestly - how many can say they knew this man's name before this? That they followed this 'star's' career? Sadly, if he wasn't playing football and if he didn't top himself in such a public and melodramatic manner (instead of just turning himself in to suffer the consequences of his actions), we wouldn't be talking about it. This poor woman would just be another domestic violence statistic and no one would be trying to find excuses for the man's actions.

as far as im concerned there is no excuse. there was an argument. he couldve walked away but he didnt. instead having access to a weapon, he used that weapon to end the argument and the life of his childs mother.pathetic. and i dont care how many blows to the head he may or may not have sustained.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    redrock wrote:
    pandora wrote:
    Sounds innocent but...
    Yes she went out to a concert ... out til 1am....

.. most especially since young men have tempers,

Damn right. Us lil' women should be careful around our fine men. Do as they say or as it pleases them. Let's not be our own person and go to a gig (sounds 'innocent' but is it??? Us women can be devious) or speak up - we wouldn't want to 'test' our temperamental men. It obviously would be us women's fault if this man then decided to f***ing shoot us or beat us up or something, wouldn't it? Yep... we sure can test men...
    wtf good lord you got that out of what I said :fp: ...

but then my words come from an understanding place for both victims,
    because indeed there are at least two victims here.

do you compromise?
    do you please?
    do you understand men?

I am not blaming anyone here,
    and my words do not mean a women needs to be pussy footing as you seem to apply.
    Quite the opposite. Understand yourself and your partner. Be aware.
    It is all about action, reaction, interaction. Take control of the situation.

It's important to be educated about signs of domestic violence
    though there were no previous cases here from the preliminary
    news. This does not mean heated arguments and uncontrollable frustration
    and depression were not evident before this shooting.

You don't know me at all if you think I blame a woman for abuse from her man.
    There are abusers, my gut feeling this is not the personality of an abuser.
    My life experiences and what I have taught my daughter is to take none.
    And perhaps this young woman never did but very heated arguments are a warning sign,
    something to avoid when men are learning to control tempers, which
    is obvious in this situation.

This a very physical young man, taught from small on to be so.
    Strong, can't show weakness. The nature of this alone causes frustration
    when one feels weak on the inside. Add the fact he can not control what she chooses to do,
    blow up.

Control issues in young relationships so common, a very frustrating situation on both sides,
    whether a man or a woman, when in love. You can't make the other do what you need
    and want, all your can do is communicate, it then it is up to your mate.
    That is how we know who we spend our lives with.

I wish a meeting of the hearts had happened here.
    I wish they had chosen to seek out counseling,
    building bonds and trust for their baby girl who is left behind,
    I'm sure all those close to them wish the same.... hindsight.

Others though can learn from this tragedy that connects us all.
    redrock wrote:

as far as im concerned there is no excuse. there was an argument. he couldve walked away but he didnt. instead having access to a weapon, he used that weapon to end the argument and the life of his childs mother.pathetic. and i dont care how many blows to the head he may or may not have sustained.

I can not believe the judgement ... does this really solve anything?

Excuse really :? ... should we try understanding and learning from
    to change outcomes for others?

Or we can just blindly close our eyes and blame blame blame :fp:
    that makes a lot of sense and helps avoid future tragedies.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    redrock wrote:

finally some common sense :P
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,717
    Whoa...just read he shot her 9 times. Jesus. Dude snapped. How the hell does it get there?
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Whoa...just read he shot her 9 times. Jesus. Dude snapped. How the hell does it get there?

wow.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    redrock wrote:

finally some common sense :P

Watch yourself! :mrgreen: