Thanksgiving Plans

Comments

• Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Going to Wisconsin. Cheese curds and kielbasa await me. 8-)
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    so the "mother unit" (this is the actual term used by Erika and her siblings to refer to their mother) yesterday discovered a marathon of NCIS and my DVR. She spent 11 hours watching it yesterday, and now is back at it to finish the episodes she missed :fp:

and my DVR is full!!!! :fp:
  • Like everyone else, my mom, my family and my wife's friend will be sitting around a table at our favorite steak house.
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    Grandmas been in the hospital since Sunday morning, mite have to reschedule turkey day until she gets out. Oh well.

Edit-anyone in north jersey have an extra chair at there table for me? 8-)
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    so the "mother unit" (this is the actual term used by Erika and her siblings to refer to their mother) yesterday discovered a marathon of NCIS and my DVR. She spent 11 hours watching it yesterday, and now is back at it to finish the episodes she missed :fp:

what's this have to do with Thanksgiving?
    LloydXmas wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

what's this have to do with Thanksgiving?

absolutely nothing. But it has everything to do with PJ
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,653
    LloydXmas wrote:
    Wife wanted to go to the Macy's day parade. Glad I dodged that.
    My wife constantly mentions doing that one year before my kid gets older. I have as much interest in standing in the cold watching inflatable Woody Woodpecker go by (though if he got popped it might be fun) as I do standing in the cold on New Year's watching a ball drop.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Poncier wrote:
    LloydXmas wrote:
    My wife constantly mentions doing that one year before my kid gets older. I have as much interest in standing in the cold watching inflatable Woody Woodpecker go by (though if he got popped it might be fun) as I do standing in the cold on New Year's watching a ball drop.
    hahahaha

The weather could not have worked more in my favor this year.
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Like everyone else, my mom, my family and my wife's friend will be sitting around a table at our favorite steak house.

how can I get the other half to do this?

We're leaving Friday, the last thing I want to do is wash dishes and have leftovers sitting in the fridge...it's just the 2 of us, so pointless to go thru the hassle. :evil:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    apple pies and squash are done. and so I have done my part for tomorrow's big meal.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,756
    have changed. NO THANKSGIVING THIS YEAR!!!! Its been canceled. Effective immediately.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • LloydXmas wrote:
    Poncier wrote:
    LloydXmas wrote:
    hahahaha

The weather could not have worked more in my favor this year.

Sounds like what my mother forced us to do when I was 13 or so. Worst idea ever. Nothing makes kids happier than getting woken up at 2 in morning for a 4 hour car ride to achieve a bad spot amongst many other people to view something they don't even want to see on TV.

And then leave for another 2 hours of waiting for another 4 hours of driving. :fp:

Good thing that's checked off the bucket list :lol:
    8/29/00*5/2/03*7/2/03*7/3/03*7/11/03*9/28/04*5/24/06*6/28/08*5/15/10*5/17/10* 10/16/13*10/25/13* 4/28/16*4/28/16*8/5/16*8/7/16 EV 6/15/11 Brad 10/27/02
    so.

much.

food.
  • JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    Happy Thanks Giving :P
  • Well, I'm gonna have my first Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow, turkey and all, at the house of aunt and uncle Cav :) My responsibility is the dessert. I decided to do a German cheesecake after the recipe of my grandma. Testbaked one cake yesterday, and it turned out great. Cav took it to work today. Then I made a second one today, but I dropped it before it was properly cooled down :evil: Now the third cheesecake is in the oven. Fingers crossed all goes well with this one. At least I know the recipe by heart now :P :lol:

I'm excited to see what "stuffing" is all about :corn: Well, and the turkey! I'm planning on being full tomorrow :D

Happy holidays, everyone! Be safe and stay healthy :wave:
    Bourbon.
  • prismprism Posts: 2,440
    at first I was all relaxed thinking; yaaay finally, I don't have to cook thanksgiving dinner this year!

because tomorrow dinner is at my son & daughter inlaw's. then my daughter is making dinner at her house on sat. they have both the turkey and tofurkey covered but...

I've been cooking from scratch separate stuff for both dinners (this one's vegetarian, one refuses to touch cranberries, that one's allergic to soy, some are gluten-free) since yesterday and i've got more to cooking to do friday

:wtf: was I thinking when I asked "what would you like to me to bring?" :P
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    There are vegetarians, vegans, and people who eat Kosher so we've all agreed to tofurky/field roast, because that's something everyone can eat, but all the other main favorites will happen - rivers of mushroom gravy, roasted sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, apple pie, pecan pie, roast brussels sprouts (the last fresh thing from our garden - r.i.p. the garden now that we've hit winter - that garden was like a friend - counting the months till we can start seeds for the next one), pickles that I put up at the end of the summer, fresh green beans cooked with mushrooms and garlic. Just writing all that is making me tired. I'm glad kids are here to help. It will be fun.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • I'll be working 8am till noon, then coming home and shoving food in my face. :thumbup:
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1, Brooklyn 2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Philly 1, Philly 2, MSG 1, MSG 2, Fenway 2
    2018: Fenway 1, Fenway 2
    2024: MSG 2, Philly 1, Philly 2, Fenway 1, Fenway 2
  • have a great day all of u
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,766
    going to mom's later. Luckily my sister and her husband can make it now They were up in the air cause they live in upstate New York and got hit pretty hard with snow. Uncle will also be joining. I prefer Thanksgiving over Christmas.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Roasted duck came out perfect, brown crispy skin, tender juicy meat. Most awesome cracklins, and a cup of delicious duck fat...everybody should try fresh duck, so much better than the frozen kind.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,756
    mickeyrat wrote:
    have changed. THANKSGIVING THIS YEAR!!!! Its been UNcanceled. Effective immediately.
    she got today off so its back on!!
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • FrankieGFrankieG Posts: 9,100
    BUMP

2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA
    2022: 9/14 NJ ... 2024: 5/28 WA, 9/7 PA, 9/9 PA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • My dad I'd doing his infamous smoked bird, ( wild of course! We pre stock them
    In hunting season every year!) annnnd, we saved the biggest one caught last year for this year. Just immediate family, and all the pets.. It's going to be great! ( for someone who hasn't been able to physically eat in the last two years, my dad has gotten AMAZINGLY GOOD at cooking! ).
  • PJSirenPJSiren Posts: 5,863
    my hubby is cooking....I still don't know if he's smiking the bird or just cooking it normal...my mom is coming down from Hillsboro, and it should be a jolly ol' time....
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,626
    When I was a kid my father made his own Weber-type BBQ before Weber's were common. He made a wire frame and covered it with aluminum foil and used that to cover the Turkey on the BBQ and added a few coals at a time for slow cooking and thin fresh green limbs from our apple tree to add smokey flavor. Best damn turkey I've ever had.

We're hosting for the first time in like 10 years. Just your basic in-the-oven bird and stuffing, salad, greens, cranberries and pie stuff. Should be good though!

Have fun, all!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859
    I'm thinking maybe jump out a window.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Work, work, work this year. Grrr.
  • I'm Canadian, but I took the day off again this year just to watch football. It's the best day of regular season football of the year. Maybe I'll treat myself to some duck : D
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self