Options

The 3rd Annual Ten Club Rock N' Art Poster Convention

Comments

• Options
    The day after....there is still smoke around ;)

I can't stop watching this images
    http://insidetherockposterframe.blogspo ... nings.html

Sperry PJ Virgin uncut poster is amazing

I can't belive that Hampton had PJ CCFA Melbourne uncut posters 2 version?? Anyone knows how much was the price for those???

Frida Clements only 10$ for the Ten Club print and Big Lebowski print 10$ too

Did Soto sold his originals???

That EV Kenyon Hall print for 50$ was bargain...so happy I got one ;)

Thanks 10c for this opportunity
    CAN'T KEEP CRAZY MARY IN MY TREE NO WAY NOT FOR YOU. ALL THOSE YESTERDAY JEREMY is ALONE, SAD with RATS & BUGS it's HARD TO IMAGINE a JEREMY a BETTER MAN.
    LIFE WASTED, BLOOD on the PORCH, LAST KISS is a WISHLIST DEEP DOWN NOTHING AS IT SEEMS WHY GO COME BACK ALIVE SPIN THE BLACK CIRCLE and SMILE.
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    It was 300 people (Someone said). I bet you were also envisioning a larger crowd. Let's put it this way - almost 10% of the attendees walked off with a Benny.

probably because they have had the same number of art conventions in seattle than actual concerts over the last 5 years
  • Options
    Anyone know how many blue and oranger fixers there were?
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,037
    MajLreap wrote:

Missed all 7 that went up for sale. D'oh!!!
  • Options
    MangoMango Brisbane, Australia (via Dublin, Ireland) Posts: 1,049
    So I presume it was the light blue Fixer that was for sale? The dark blue is limited to 100 pressings (info from previous Pearl Jam charity auction listing) so it can't have been that. . . .
    could it?
    "Life comes from within your heart and desire"
  • Options
    http://invisible-industries.com/?page_id=627

Second picture down, the line waiting to in. :D
  • Options
    Mango wrote:
    So I presume it was the light blue Fixer that was for sale? The dark blue is limited to 100 pressings (info from previous Pearl Jam charity auction listing) so it can't have been that. . . .
    could it?

the photo in this thread showed it was light blue
  • Options
    bicyclejoebicyclejoe USA Posts: 1,175
    I'm looking for the Binaural vinyl if anyone is looking to sell. Thanks.
    My Pearl Jam Road: 10/22/90 Seattle | 12/22/90 Seattle, Moore Theater | 9/29/92 Seattle, Magnusson Park, Drop in the Park | 9/5/93 The Gorge, with Neil Young and Blind Melon | 7/20/06 Portland, Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall with Sleater-Kinney | 7/22/06 The Gorge, 10/21/06 Mountain View, Shoreline Ampitheatre, Bridge School Benefit | 9/21/09 Seattle | 9/22/09 Seattle | 9/26/09 Portland, OR | 7/14/2011 Eddie Vedder, Portland, OR | 11/29/13 Portland, OR
  • Options
    bicyclejoebicyclejoe USA Posts: 1,175
    My Pearl Jam Road: 10/22/90 Seattle | 12/22/90 Seattle, Moore Theater | 9/29/92 Seattle, Magnusson Park, Drop in the Park | 9/5/93 The Gorge, with Neil Young and Blind Melon | 7/20/06 Portland, Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall with Sleater-Kinney | 7/22/06 The Gorge, 10/21/06 Mountain View, Shoreline Ampitheatre, Bridge School Benefit | 9/21/09 Seattle | 9/22/09 Seattle | 9/26/09 Portland, OR | 7/14/2011 Eddie Vedder, Portland, OR | 11/29/13 Portland, OR
  • Options
    Princess BulldozerPrincess Bulldozer Mannheim, Germany Posts: 952

FYI - About 300 people came through the poster convention.

300? That's it? That can't be right.

And how many of those were there just for the 10C stuff (and more finitely - the hope of a Benny) and not even the actual point of the thing? :lol:

If this number is even in the vicinity of true, it's not rocket science why they tour some places and not others. A FREE convention they put on gets 300 people. :lol:

My son's pre-school play got more interest.

10C was happy with 300. Happy with the sales they did.
    Most artists were happy with their individual sales.
    There will be others of these in the future.
    Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure - science.
    ~Edwin Powell Hubble

Men love to wonder, and that is the seed of science.
    ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,037
    There will be others of these in the future.

I can't wait to attend one of the others in the future. :)
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    How much did the Sperry dog poster sell for on Sunday?
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    edited December 2012
    http://instagram.com/p/SwdRACvY8z/
    Finished painting by Jeff Soto, Munk ONE, and Maxx242. "A love affair between a mermaid and Sasquatch" :D

I thought it was a "chicken and squatch".... :lol:
    Anyone know how many blue and oranger fixers there were?

I don't know, they wouldn't tell me how many they had.

So I got there around 10am...#23 in line.
    I figured that I wouldn't be able to afford the Benny, so I decided I would go for the Sperry poster, that took a big chunk of my budget. :(

Then I went in the merch line, most of the vinyl was gone, but I was able to pick up ITW (first pressing), and a blue fixer (apparently, Tim really was sitting on a whole box of blue fixers :lol: <
    this is a joke, and if you remember any of the Sirius shows, Tim mentions this). Got a free Backspacer and some stickers.

Anyway, I want to say, thank-you to my line buddies, Brony, snow_board_rider, and Dave (?) you guys made waiting in line in the rain more bearable. It was great to see JMo again and I met his son. I'm still a bit upset mfc2006 didn't make it :evil:. Good to finally meet you Aussie357!

EDIT: Thank-you to the blonde girl who walked up to me and gave me a poster tube. May not seem like a big thing, but I already had 2 tubes that were full, and I really didn't want to put more posters in the tubes I had. (were you the same girl at the EV Benny show last year who helped me roll up my posters? or the girl at he Star Anna show @ the Tractor Tavern who won the Angry Birds gift basket this year?)

Thanks to Crazy Marcus for taking me and Princess Bulldozer to 10c headquarters!

Thank-you to Maxx242 and Jeff Soto for signing my posters...really nice guys.

A BIG THANK-YOU to 10c for putting on the poster show, for setting up the pop-up shop and giving some people the chance to finally buy much sought after vinyl. Everything was really well organized.
    Post edited by RKCNDY on
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    boyo79 wrote:

$100, gold metallic ink...it is beautiful in person.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    JMoJMo Posts: 1,071
    RKCNDY wrote:
    It was great to see JMo again and I met his son.

Great to see you again too! Hopefully next time my little shy guy will be more social.
  • Options
    JMo wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

Great to see you again too! Hopefully next time my little shy guy will be more social.

:lol: it's all good! It must be overwhelming to be waiting in line for a long time, and then you go in, and you wait in line again.

Next time...folf.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    RKCNDY wrote:
    boyo79 wrote:

wow 100$ that is a lot :o

So Sperry was 100$
    Brian Methe was 10$ only
    how much was Hampton 10c print??

Soto did small black and white print for 30$ and Maxx did something similar for 30$ too.

Did anyone else did a print for 10c 3th PC this year????
    CAN'T KEEP CRAZY MARY IN MY TREE NO WAY NOT FOR YOU. ALL THOSE YESTERDAY JEREMY is ALONE, SAD with RATS & BUGS it's HARD TO IMAGINE a JEREMY a BETTER MAN.
    LIFE WASTED, BLOOD on the PORCH, LAST KISS is a WISHLIST DEEP DOWN NOTHING AS IT SEEMS WHY GO COME BACK ALIVE SPIN THE BLACK CIRCLE and SMILE.
  • Options
    RKCNDY wrote:
    boyo79 wrote:

wow 100$ that is a lot :o

The Sperry is absolutely worth the $100.
    It was only a 20 print run. (His smallest print run is usually 50.)
    It is absolutely beautiful with the gold metallic detail.
    Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure - science.
    ~Edwin Powell Hubble

~Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • Options
    JMo wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

He is the coolest little guy. I did get a few words out of him and had a conversation about his new shoes and toys. He is a very polite and friendly little kid.
    ~Edwin Powell Hubble

~Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • Options
    AzWickerAzWicker Posts: 1,162
    I was looking to get a 10C doggie poster on the 2ndary mqarket, but $910 was too steep for me.
    Ed: 2011-07-09 2012-11-04
    PJ: 2011-09-03 2011-09-04
  • Options
    AzWicker wrote:
    I was looking to get a 10C doggie poster on the 2ndary mqarket, but $910 was too steep for me.

Woah, is that what the Sperry is going for on Ebay?

That is insane!
    ~Edwin Powell Hubble

~Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,607
    did it actually sell for that, or is that what they are asking? Big difference.
  • Options
    kramer73 wrote:

that's what he wants

got 5 offers on it so far

wants $10 shipping on top of the overly inflated price.

this was just recently added to the listing: best offer as of 2pm pst on 12-4 has been $100

I want to offer him $100.01... :lol:

I am watching the auction as it ends in a month, I want to see what he gets, if he gets any takers.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,270
    so,next year..where this gonna take place? :mrgreen:;)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,607
    RKCNDY wrote:
    kramer73 wrote:

that's what he wants

got 5 offers on it so far

wants $10 shipping on top of the overly inflated price.

this was just recently added to the listing: best offer as of 2pm pst on 12-4 has been $100

I want to offer him $100.01... :lol:

I am watching the auction as it ends in a month, I want to see what he gets, if he gets any takers.

yeah, I highly doubt he'll ever get that. Sure, someone might pull the trigger, but I would be surprised if he gets half that.
  • Options
    HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    so,next year..where this gonna take place? :mrgreen:;)
    Hopefully Greece. ;)
    #FHP
  • Options
    SpokenSpoken Posts: 1,451
    I'm still in complete awe at the photos I saw at the poster convention...
    I would have spent a lot of money easily...
  • Options
    Justin Hampton via Facebook:
    I've got a couple of these left if anyone is interested. Just send me an email here. Thanks. $100, a signed numbered edition of only 20 total.

0:215450.jpg