Options

The 3rd Annual Ten Club Rock N' Art Poster Convention

Comments

• Options
    KC2917KC2917 Posts: 871
    Anyone know how many blue/orange fixers there were?
  • Options
    mahndogmahndog Posts: 394
    Mango wrote:
    Pics now uploaded, 2 offers made.

yup that was me offer # 2. . .

$400 was my offer, what that a$$hole paid ;-). . .

kinda my way of saying i know where ya got it, i know what ya paid, and i think your a f'n douchebag :-o. . .

hopefully someone can get him to email a few times, thus showing who it is and may 10C can ban that guy :-)

jeremy
    Toronto 9.21.96/Barrie 8.22.98/Toronto 10.5.00/Toronto 6.28.03/Kitchener 9.11.05/Toronto 5.10.06/Toronto 8.21.09/PJ20 9.03.11/PJ20 9.04.11/Toronto 9.11.11/London 7.16.13/Buffalo 10.12.13

kingjeremysig.jpg
  • Options
    ItIsAllAboutPJItIsAllAboutPJ S.B., CA Posts: 829
    Mango wrote:
    Keeps his / her eye on the forum, has to be one of the first in line, straight home afterwards, opens an eBay account and is looking for nearly 2k for this. Our worst fears confirmed. Okay its twice the value of others but THIS FUCKING SUCKS. I hope they choke on the money :evil:

No pictures even uploaed yet! How hungry is this flipper! Boils my piss :nono:

I hate boiled piss!

I would love to get ahold of the flipper and accidently drop his $400 investment in a puddle of said piss.

:lol::lol::lol: Best response yet!!
    Hail, Hail the lucky one who were able to be there in person and buy this treasure for them self's.
    It really sucks that people exploit these kind of situations. :nono:
  • Options
    Pics of the one I purchased today at the 10Club poster show:

IMG_1592.jpg

IMG_1595.jpg

IMG_1597.jpg

IMG_1596.jpg

IMG_1594.jpg

IMG_1593.jpg

IMG_1598.jpg
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,318

IMG_1592.jpg

IMG_1595.jpg

IMG_1597.jpg

IMG_1596.jpg

IMG_1594.jpg

IMG_1593.jpg

IMG_1598.jpg
    Nice! I hope that wrap doesn't stay on it for too long!

So jealous of everyone that had a chance to go - although I may have ended up divorced and broke if I'd been let loose in there!
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497

Isn't the 10c exploiting the situation? I'm all for free market and have no problem at all with it. Make as much money as you can when you can is my motto...but considering this was a record held back as "ones not sold" :lolno: :roll: and now sold for $400 when they were originally sold for $40 I see no difference.
  • Options
    WhyNotSwedenWhyNotSweden Sweden Posts: 4,272
    An interesting tidbit of information regarding the Benaroya Hall vinyl that was sold today at the show. The one I purchased is completely sealed and yet still numbered #115. Which is to say that they actually numbered these at the factory and then sealed them. All the ones I saw that people purchased today were this way. Insteady of having the little rip right where the number had to be written in like every other Benny I've seen is, they were completely sealed. The other REALLY nice thing is that the boxes and corners are immaculate. I can only imagine because they weren't shipped out like all the other ones were, but bought in person. FYI Benny lovers. ;)

I think it's re-wrapped, it's not hard to do. 10C probably has some shrinking plastic and a oven!
    -95, Stockholm (MirrorBall Tour)
    -00, Stockholm
    -07, Copenhagen
    -09, Berlin
    -10, Berlin
    -11, East Troy 1+2
    -12, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, EV London 2
    -13, London, Chicago
    -14, Amsterdam 1+2, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo
    -16, TOTD San Francisco 1+2
    -17, EV Amsterdam 2+3
    -18, Amsterdam 1+2, London 1+(2), Barcelona, London 2
    -19, EV Brussels

• Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    An interesting tidbit of information regarding the Benaroya Hall vinyl that was sold today at the show. The one I purchased is completely sealed and yet still numbered #115. Which is to say that they actually numbered these at the factory and then sealed them. All the ones I saw that people purchased today were this way. Insteady of having the little rip right where the number had to be written in like every other Benny I've seen is, they were completely sealed. The other REALLY nice thing is that the boxes and corners are immaculate. I can only imagine because they weren't shipped out like all the other ones were, but bought in person. FYI Benny lovers. ;)

still sealed & not playing yet?
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,304

IMG_1592.jpg

IMG_1595.jpg

IMG_1597.jpg

IMG_1596.jpg

IMG_1594.jpg

IMG_1593.jpg

IMG_1598.jpg
    AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,665
    DS1119 wrote:

Isn't the 10c exploiting the situation? I'm all for free market and have no problem at all with it. Make as much money as you can when you can is my motto...but considering this was a record held back as "ones not sold" :lolno: :roll: and now sold for $400 when they were originally sold for $40 I see no difference.
    I do see the difference, since they are the seller trying to sell to fans, whereas the flipper takes it to the secondary market. The creator of the product putting a price on a product is definitely different than a flipper, obviously. But yeah, I found it interesting that they priced it as high as they did at the sale. It seems so cheap at $400, but why is 10c marking up at a special early entry sale for members? Well, i mean, to make some money of course... fine. I just mean it would be cool of they'd ignore the secondary market prices completely and just stick with retail prices for member-only sales (which this still was by the time all the Bennys were sold. *shrug* Whatever. I so would have bought one if i could have!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

I do see the difference, since they are the seller trying to sell to fans, whereas the flipper takes it to the secondary market. The creator of the product putting a price on a product is definitely different than a flipper, obviously. But yeah, I found it interesting that they priced it as high as they did at the sale. It seems so cheap at $400, but why is 10c marking up at a special early entry sale for members? Well, i mean, to make some money of course... fine. I just mean it would be cool of they'd ignore the secondary market prices completely and just stick with retail prices for member-only sales (which this still was by the time all the Bennys were sold. *shrug* Whatever. I so would have bought one if i could have!

...and who does the "secondary market" sell it to? Non fans? :lol: What the 10c did was no different than what the "flippers" do on EBay. No different at all obviously. They actually just left money on the table and if I was running shit the price for this thing would have been much higher. :lol:
  • Options

IMG_1592.jpg

IMG_1595.jpg

IMG_1597.jpg

IMG_1596.jpg

IMG_1594.jpg

IMG_1593.jpg

IMG_1598.jpg

Awesome score! Congratulations!

But! A sealed record is not a record! Just a piece of furniture...
    Open it up and spin it! Film when you do and post it on youtube... ;)
    Give a monkey a brain and he'll swear he's the center of the Universe...
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

...and who does the "secondary market" sell it to? Non fans? :lol: What the 10c did was no different than what the "flippers" do on EBay. No different at all obviously. They actually just left money on the table and if I was running shit the price for this thing would have been much higher. :lol:
    Yeah, I know you see no difference between the manufacturer/creator selling it as opposed to a flipper on eBay, but there is a difference, just like there is a difference between TM selling a high priced ticket and a scalper selling it for triple. Yeah, of course flippers sell to fans - I just meant the first come, first serve 10c members. Do not expect you to agree DS! :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Princess BulldozerPrincess Bulldozer Mannheim, Germany Posts: 952
    Had a great time hanging out with RKCNDY and Princess Bulldozer. Took a little side trip to PJ Headquarters to check it out. All in all, a fantastic day. :D

It was a wonderful day meeting two of the most lovely, down to earth people on earth and then getting to hang out with them. RKCNDY and Crazy Marcus, thank you for the awesome talks and hang out time. Even though I was a little out-of-it and vague due to being sick.

I was happy I could help out a fellow PJer for a poster they really wanted. I know Ms SuzieMay will love it dearly.

Got a few other posters for my sister to put up in her house. Some vinyl for her to enjoy too.

I enjoyed meeting lots of new 10C members and spending time chatting with them. It is always a pleasure to hang with Jason :) and got to meet his son which was really great. I also hung out with a cool couple Teresa and Mike. Plus a bunch of other funny and friendly people. Much love :)

I also got to spend time with the crew for Chuck Sperry and the man himself after the show in downtown and everyone was really lovely and some cool stories shared.

FYI - About 300 people came through the poster convention.
    Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure - science.
    ~Edwin Powell Hubble

Men love to wonder, and that is the seed of science.
    ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • Options
    Princess BulldozerPrincess Bulldozer Mannheim, Germany Posts: 952
    Suziemay wrote:
    I owe you big time, Jodie!!! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Thank you thank you thank you. Oh, and I WUFF YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It really wasn't much trouble.

I was never going to be able to buy the Benny and I knew how much you wanted the Sperry.
    Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure - science.
    ~Edwin Powell Hubble

Men love to wonder, and that is the seed of science.
    ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • Options
    I don't understand why people are ragging on 10C for pricing the Beny sets so high.

How is that different from fans that are having financial problems and listing their PJ stuff for sale here and expect e-bay prices for their items? I'm not judging them myself, I'm just making a point that people on this board are ok with fellow fans using e-bay as a benchmark for what their items are worth when selling on here, but it's not ok for the tenclub themselves - esp when they are raising money for charity (which I believe they were with this convention).
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,607
    I don't understand why people are ragging on 10C for pricing the Beny sets so high.

How is that different from fans that are having financial problems and listing their PJ stuff for sale here and expect e-bay prices for their items? I'm not judging them myself, I'm just making a point that people on this board are ok with fellow fans using e-bay as a benchmark for what their items are worth when selling on here, but it's not ok for the tenclub themselves - esp when they are raising money for charity (which I believe they were with this convention).

The explanation is simple. People love to complain, and they want things handed to them.

The expectation of these things is that they should pay what the 10 Club charged at the original time of release.
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    DS1119 wrote:

Of course 10c exploited the situation.

With regards to the one put on ebay, don't shoot the flipper. Whoever is willing to pay these inflated prices are the ones to blame.
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options

You can get a better deal on ebay on some items compared to on here nowadays...
  • Options
    boyo79 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

Of course 10c exploited the situation.

With regards to the one put on ebay, don't shoot the flipper. Whoever is willing to pay these inflated prices are the ones to blame.

I don't feel that 10C exploited the extreme want for any of the items sold.
    $400 is cheap and I would have paid twice that and still felt like I got a deal. They left money on the table knowing some would get flipped immediately.
    Everyone knows 10C must have a few of everything stashed away, so making rare stuff available is a treat.
    10C had to price items high enough to show respect but not so high that they look like greedy bastards.

I guess it's unrealistic to think everyone wouldn't want Benny for them self.
    The motivation for profit is so high I can't blame them, it's just not what I would do.
  • Options
    deserteddotsedeserteddotse Posts: 1,276
    edited December 2012
    $400 is cheap

I would prob buy it aswell for that price but to call a 400$ 4LP box cheap? Well... :?
    Post edited by deserteddotse on
  • Options

I didn't see anyone ragging on 10c about it at all. Really just observing the price, and saying it would be nice if it was priced original retail. That's not ragging. Only ragging i saw was directed at the flipper (and I lay my accusations on the flippers and the buyers equally at such stupid prices. Fuck logic. I hate flippers and scalpers. Screw them).
  • Options
    im sure there was alot of thought put into the prices of the vinyls...i think they got it spot on..imo
    maybe avo could have been a bit higher..but someone got great deals..

i do hope they stay with the people that bought them..

orange and blue fixers that was the bargain of the day..
  • Options
    $400 is cheap

I would prob buy it aswell for that price but to call a 400$ 4LP box cheap? Well... :?

I suppose "cheap" was a poor choice of words...
    I should have said, reasonable compared to the going re-sale price. ;)
  • Options
    $400 is cheap

I suppose "cheap" was a poor choice of words...
    I should have said, reasonable compared to the going re-sale price. ;)

Now that I can agree with... ;)
  • Options
    I suppose it comes down to a question of morals on 10c selling Benny at $400. Yes its below the price people are paying on ebay for it. But they originally sold this for $40 and have kept at least 20 back. And now decide to sell them at 10 times the original price. Is that morally right? I'd say no. But really I don't care. Its their choice and the consumers choice. I wouldn't buy it for $400 or $800. It doesn't hold an appeal to me like the majority of people in the forum.

• Options
    Paulina87Paulina87 Poland Posts: 3,300
    MedozK wrote:

me too :fp: :fp:
    Chorzów 2007 - Berlin 2009 - Berlin 2010 - Gdynia 2010 - Berlin 2012 - Berlin 2012 - Stockholm 2012 - EV Manchester 2012 - Milan 2014 - Trieste 2014 - Vienna 2014 - Berlin 2014 - Gdynia 2014 - Rio 2018 - Sao Paulo 2018
  • Options
    Paulina87Paulina87 Poland Posts: 3,300

IMG_1592.jpg

IMG_1595.jpg

WOAH!!!! Congrats!!!!!!
    Chorzów 2007 - Berlin 2009 - Berlin 2010 - Gdynia 2010 - Berlin 2012 - Berlin 2012 - Stockholm 2012 - EV Manchester 2012 - Milan 2014 - Trieste 2014 - Vienna 2014 - Berlin 2014 - Gdynia 2014 - Rio 2018 - Sao Paulo 2018
  • Options
    Paulina87 wrote:
    MedozK wrote:

me too :fp: :fp:
    Same here. :fp:
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:

The green cd next to Benny.....is that a promo cd of Benny? I always thought the green album covers of Benny I've seen on ebay were fakes?!?!?