Options

The 3rd Annual Ten Club Rock N' Art Poster Convention

Comments

• Options
    HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    Hate is a strong, ugly word.
    I dont hate anyone.
    I surely dont hate a fan club.

did you notice the laughing emoticon at the end? that means "previous statement made in jest", speedster.
    I hate you!
    Note the lack of laughing emoticon. ;)
    #FHP
  • Options
    Hate is a strong, ugly word.
    I dont hate anyone.
    I surely dont hate a fan club.

did you notice the laughing emoticon at the end? that means "previous statement made in jest", speedster.
    I hate you!

:lol:
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    Horos wrote:
    Note the lack of laughing emoticon. ;)

noted! :lol:
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    Really only 300 people? Wow. I would have loved to be there, maybe really next year. If they do another one.

The poster thing at PJ20 was awesome.
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    DS1119 wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Yeah, I know you see no difference between the manufacturer/creator selling it as opposed to a flipper on eBay, but there is a difference, just like there is a difference between TM selling a high priced ticket and a scalper selling it for triple. Yeah, of course flippers sell to fans - I just meant the first come, first serve 10c members. Do not expect you to agree DS! :lol:

Absolutely disagree. Selling a product for 10x what it originally sold for is absolutely no different. WHo cares if they are the "original" seller? Who cares who they sold it to? The fact is is they took a product that what forever reason is worth stupid money and profited from it. Good for them. They should have sold them for more.

I really wish some people around here would take off there rose colored sunglasses and see things the way they are.

so had they sold them for $40 instead of $400 you would have had people first in the door snatching them up whether they wanted them or not just to make a $1160 profit. People who paid the $400 to keep them are happier than pigs in shit.

People who paid $400 won't flip them? Is that why there are three more on EBay? :lol:

So let me get this right. Someone who paid $40 for something would flip it for a $1000 but someone who piad $400 won't flip it? :? :lol:
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:

People who paid $400 won't flip them? Is that why there are three more on EBay? :lol:

So let me get this right. Someone who paid $40 for something would flip it for a $1000 but someone who piad $400 won't flip it? :? :lol:

it's less likely, yes. if they had been $40, you'd see all 20 up there.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:

Really? And how are you arriving to this point and what logic are using? :lol:
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

simple common sense and basic math. the people with an extra $40 on hand far outnumber those with an extra $400.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    SpokenSpoken Posts: 1,451
    Anyone get an extra Lost Dogs LP they want to get rid of?
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,153
    DS1119 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

If someone plans on purchasing one to profit, you have to consider the initial layout, expected profit, and ease to acquire. Selling them for $400, cash only and in person (where you had to wait outside for 5 hours) makes it much less likely to be resold than if they were (for example) sold for $40 online (where someone can use a credit card from their living room chair).
  • Options
    So, which show prints were there?

21804182833098523437133.jpg

TEN-CLUB-RAPC-WEB1-250x300.jpg

eof0I.jpg?1

0:215450.jpg

Any more?
    The Sperry print was also available as a black & white version, limited to 3 copies.
  • Options
    JMoJMo Posts: 1,071
    Cool! How much were the black and white versions?
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,153
    On a side note, all accounts seem to be that this went down in a very orderly fashion and lots of people walked away pleased with their bounty. A tip of the cap to all who attended and especially to those who participated and put this together. Not gonna lie...I had some pessimistic Black Friday-at-WalMart thoughts in mind when I first heard about this.
  • Options

simple common sense and basic math. the people with an extra $40 on hand far outnumber those with an extra $400.

Ok. Sure. 3 of them already are up for sale and I will bet more than half of them by year;s end. :lol:
  • Options
    Spoken wrote:
    Looks like someone did but they decided to put it up on "the bay" along with a copy of Avocado.
  • Options
    JMo wrote:
    Cool! How much were the black and white versions?
    $200 for the B&W.
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    Spoken wrote:
    Looks like someone did but they decided to put it up on "the bay" along with a copy of Avocado.

fucktards...thats BS...that was the one thing I wanted
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    SpokenSpoken Posts: 1,451
    pjradio wrote:
    Spoken wrote:

fucktards...thats BS...that was the one thing I wanted
    Confused...did I miss something?
    I would like one too...
  • Options
    pjl44 wrote:
    On a side note, all accounts seem to be that this went down in a very orderly fashion and lots of people walked away pleased with their bounty. A tip of the cap to all who attended and especially to those who participated and put this together. Not gonna lie...I had some pessimistic Black Friday-at-WalMart thoughts in mind when I first heard about this.

It was 300 people (Someone said). I bet you were also envisioning a larger crowd. Let's put it this way - almost 10% of the attendees walked off with a Benny.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    JMoJMo Posts: 1,071
    pjl44 wrote:

It was 300 people (Someone said). I bet you were also envisioning a larger crowd. Let's put it this way - almost 10% of the attendees walked off with a Benny.

I think 300 people is on the low end. I was 50 something in line and I didn't get a Benny. Plus, if they only had 20, that would lower the percentage. I'd say 5% of attendees walked away with a Benny. 100% of which were in the first 50 people.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,666
    DS1119 wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Yeah, I know you see no difference between the manufacturer/creator selling it as opposed to a flipper on eBay, but there is a difference, just like there is a difference between TM selling a high priced ticket and a scalper selling it for triple. Yeah, of course flippers sell to fans - I just meant the first come, first serve 10c members. Do not expect you to agree DS! :lol:

Absolutely disagree. Selling a product for 10x what it originally sold for is absolutely no different. WHo cares if they are the "original" seller? Who cares who they sold it to? The fact is is they took a product that what forever reason is worth stupid money and profited from it. Good for them. They should have sold them for more.

I really wish some people around here would take off there rose colored sunglasses and see things the way they are.
    :roll: I thought it would have been best sold at the original price too. No rose coloured glasses here. I am still able to make distinctions between similar things is all. ;)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

:roll: I thought it would have been best sold at the original price too. No rose coloured glasses here. I am still able to make distinctions between similar things is all. ;)

I suggest you re-examine.
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    Cant wait till next year.. I WILL be there.. :D
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    I'm still waiting for something to show up in the Goods.....
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    Im F5ing also... :fp:
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,666
    DS1119 wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

I suggest you re-examine.
    I'm good.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    MedozK wrote:
    I hear that Tuesdays are a big thing 'round these parts.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dougfloyddougfloyd Fishers, IN Posts: 2,544
    dankind wrote:
    MedozK wrote:

No, not Tuesday, next Tuesday.
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
  • Options
    H.ChinaskiH.Chinaski Brooklyn, NY Posts: 1,596
    Showed up a little late and missed out on alot of wax that i was looking for. If anyone got an extra avocado or yield let me know. I grabbed the PJ20 LP and got a free backspacer LP with it and a tote. In hindsight i should of probably grabbed the blue and orange fixers, people seem to really want those. I don't know if i would of been able to drop 400$ on benaroya. Hoping for a reissue...
    Pine Knob, MI Lollapalooza 1992 / Soldier Field, Chicago 1995 / Savage Hall, Toledo 1996 / Palace, Detroit 1998 / Palace, Detroit 2000 / Pine Knob, MI 2003 / Showbox, Seattle 2004 / MSG, NYC 2008 / Key Arena I & II, Seattle 2009 / Eddie Vedder Beacon, NYC 2011 / Eddie Vedder Benaroya, Hall Seattle 2011 / Barclays, Brooklyn I &II 2013 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia II 2013 / Wuhlheide, Berlin, Germany 2014 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia 1 2016 / Madison Square Garden, NYC 2 2016 / Wrigley 2, Chicago 2016/ Fenway 1, Boston 2018/
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,038
    dougfloyd wrote:
    dankind wrote:

No, not Tuesday, next Tuesday.

rofl.gif