Options

Soundgarden Tour

Comments

• Options
    julieferjuliefer New Westminster, BC Posts: 391
    I completely agree on the sound issues. I am hearing great reviews about the show from everyone, but that really affected my enjoyment. That, and the two idiots sitting next to us -- one of them being that guy that jumped up on stage and got thrown out? That was definitely a highlight for me, just to be rid of him. He and his buddy were in and out of their seats at least 6 or 7 times each, needing to get by us every time they wanted to go stand in the aisle for a few minutes until security walked by and made them go back to their seats.

Until reading your post PJ Soul, I was thinking that the sound was purposely like that. It didn't seem like the band had any idea that anything was off, so I thought maybe that was their preference. I have been to other shows there too, and never noticed a problem like that.
  • Options
    benjs wrote:
    Phoenix Theatre in Toronto: 1,100 people according to Wikipedia. Not that it matters when you're one person away from the railing :D

They'll pack 1500 in there. Beside the soundboard is my fave spot there.
    It's a hopeless... situation
    And I'm starting to believe
  • Options
    Posted in the other SG thread the same thing.

Brutal show. Painful to the ears. In what should have been an epic show... the sound quality was sooo bad that one of my buddies even left early.

Fun watching Matt, but couldn't help but feel a little frustrated that someone couldn't get the right mix. Cornell was drowned out. Couldn't hear Kim's notes. A jumbled and really poor mess.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,630
    Posted in the other SG thread the same thing.

Brutal show. Painful to the ears. In what should have been an epic show... the sound quality was sooo bad that one of my buddies even left early.

Fun watching Matt, but couldn't help but feel a little frustrated that someone couldn't get the right mix. Cornell was drowned out. Couldn't hear Kim's notes. A jumbled and really poor mess.
    Yup. Terrible. I'm surprised more people didn't walk out.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,955
    Regular edition & 3 variant prints for Soundgarden's Vancouver show? :shock:

http://shop.pobiak.com/
  • Options
    halvhalv Posts: 685
    juliefer wrote:
    I completely agree on the sound issues. I am hearing great reviews about the show from everyone, but that really affected my enjoyment. That, and the two idiots sitting next to us -- one of them being that guy that jumped up on stage and got thrown out? That was definitely a highlight for me, just to be rid of him. He and his buddy were in and out of their seats at least 6 or 7 times each, needing to get by us every time they wanted to go stand in the aisle for a few minutes until security walked by and made them go back to their seats.

Until reading your post PJ Soul, I was thinking that the sound was purposely like that. It didn't seem like the band had any idea that anything was off, so I thought maybe that was their preference. I have been to other shows there too, and never noticed a problem like that.

I was just writing about this on the Soundgarden forum. With that setlist and the great mood of the guys in the band this should have been a show for the books. You could tell the crowd badly wanted this show to be epic, but that sound definitely put a damper on the night. No excuses in that room. It normally sounds amazing.
  • Options
    Really sorry to hear about the sound issues. Just saw them in Milwaukee, it was awesome.
    Forced to endure, what I cannot forgive.
  • Options
    Really sorry to hear about the sound issues. Just saw them in Milwaukee, it was awesome.

There's no exaggeration. Major chunks of lyrics missed in the mix. Significant guitar notes lost in the mix. At times... the significant volume amounted to a big massive blur. It was frustrating. Very frustrating.

Someone needed a kick in the nuts. Or their hair pulled (keeping gender equity in mind). Fail. Big time. Go back to school.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    iammine16iammine16 Vancouver, BC Posts: 806
    demetrios wrote:
    Regular edition & 3 variant prints for Soundgarden's Vancouver show? :shock:

http://shop.pobiak.com/

I saw that this morning...bought the regular one at the show, and I was able to grab the Canucks/Seahawks variant online this morning :D
    Vancouver, BC - 2005
    Vancouver, BC - 2009
    Vancouver, BC - 2011
    Vancouver, BC - 2013
    Mountain View, CA - 2014
    Mountain View, CA - 2014
    Quebec City, QC - 2016
    Ottawa, ON - 2016
    Pemberton, BC - 2016
    Seattle, WA 1 - 2018
    Seattle, WA 2 - 2018
  • Options

There's no exaggeration. Major chunks of lyrics missed in the mix. Significant guitar notes lost in the mix. At times... the significant volume amounted to a big massive blur. It was frustrating. Very frustrating.

Someone needed a kick in the nuts. Or their hair pulled (keeping gender equity in mind). Fail. Big time. Go back to school.

That blows. Never ever had that at any show, and I have been to a lot. The kind of thing where a refund just wont cut it either. Sounds like they need to come back and play another show there.
  • Options

That blows. Never ever had that at any show, and I have been to a lot. The kind of thing where a refund just wont cut it either. Sounds like they need to come back and play another show there.
    Agreed. It was very disappointing, and it also kind of pisses me off. I did my damnedest to try and enjoy the show - tried to rock out even though it just sounded like absolute GARBAGE. But at times I almost felt like an idiot trying to keep myself in it. One of my favorite bands of all time, and it was the worst concert I've ever been to. For $90. :( I really hope they DO realize it was more of an insult to the fans, and return for a make up show. Free to everyone who had a ticket to the first. I know that's totally unrealistic, but in a fair world, it would be the right thing to do. They should have stopped the show at least, and fixed the problem. Their people were fucking there and knew what was happening, so why continue like nothing's wrong???

Side note, love Chris, but I raised my eyebrows at his comment about how the venue had no GA - said something about how that's how Canadians like it, in a civilized society or some shit. I know he was kidding, but it bugged me because so many would have LOVED GA, but their people chose a fucking venue without it! Not us! Plus a venue qhere you couldn't bring drinks to the seats! I am nitpicking, but geez, he didn't have to throw the lack of GA in our faces. But maybe I'm just cranky because of the disastrous concert.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    No drinks in the seats?! Damn, that sucks. You are right. They should have stopped the show and fixed it. You are also right, they probably will not come back for a make up show. :cry:
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,278
    I thought there was something off at the show last night. I thought the band was sounding rough last night, but I guess it was the PA. That really sucks.

I've seen a few shows in the Queen E. in the late 90's and 2000 (a Chris Cornell solo show and an STP show) and I don't recall them sounding nearly as bad.

I didn't really pin it on the sound, but was trying to figure out why I wasn't enjoying the fuck out of the show. I've seen SG several time before (my favorite being the PNE Forum show in '96) and last nights show was kind of my least favorite. I thought the show as alright but nothing spectacular. On the other hand my wife thought it was really good and my brother seemed to like it (and his seats were on the balcony level).

I did have plugs in though, which probably helped with the sound a bit. Maybe that explains why the crowd didn't seem to be all that into it? The show I saw at the Gorge in '11 seemed to be a lot better too.

I'm happy those posters went up for sale (They sold out last night just before I got my turn in the lineup). I ordered the Silver one.... I thought it looked much better than the reddish theme from the official one.
  • Options
    You can download anaudience recording of their Vancouver show over @ Dime. For those wondering how the sound was like that night!!

Soundgarden
    February 10, 2012
    Queen Elizabeth Theater
    Vancouver, BC

Source: CSB -> Battery Box -> Zoom H1 (44/16)
    Location: Balcony, Center, row 19 (first row center of balcony, mics clipped to jacket hanging over balcony.
    Conversion: .WAV -> USB -> Audacity (splits & FLAC conversion)

Setlist:

1. Non State Actor
    2. Get on the Snake
    3. Hunted Down
    4. (Improv)/Ty Cobb
    5. Jesus Christ Pose
    6. Room a Thousand Years Wide->
    7. By Crooked Steps
    8. Outshined
    9. Flower
    10. Rhinosaur
    11. Taree
    12. Worse Dreams
    13. Been Away Too Long
    14. My Wave
    15. A Thousand Days Before
    16. Live to Rise
    17. Blow Up the Outside World->
    18. Fell on Black Days
    19. Bones of Birds
    20. Rowing
    21. Fresh Tendrils
    22. 4th of July
    23. encore break
    24. Drawing Flies
    25. Rusty Cage
    26. Black Hole Sun
    27. Incessant Mace

2 hours, 5 minutes
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,278
    lol.. the bootleg sounds better than it did in the Venue.. weird :)
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:
    You can download anaudience recording of their Vancouver show over @ Dime. For those wondering how the sound was like that night!!

Soundgarden
    February 10, 2012
    Queen Elizabeth Theater
    Vancouver, BC

Location: Balcony, Center, row 19 (first row center of balcony, mics clipped to jacket hanging over balcony.

Setlist:

1. Non State Actor
    2. Get on the Snake
    3. Hunted Down
    4. (Improv)/Ty Cobb
    5. Jesus Christ Pose
    7. By Crooked Steps
    8. Outshined
    9. Flower
    10. Rhinosaur
    11. Taree
    12. Worse Dreams
    13. Been Away Too Long
    14. My Wave
    16. Live to Rise
    18. Fell on Black Days
    19. Bones of Birds
    20. Rowing
    21. Fresh Tendrils
    22. 4th of July
    23. encore break
    24. Drawing Flies
    25. Rusty Cage
    26. Black Hole Sun
    27. Incessant Mace

2 hours, 5 minutes
    Where is it? I do 't know of Dime. Thx!
  • Options
    davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    benjs wrote:
    Zod wrote:
    Is it Sunday yet? I'm looking forward to the Vancouver show. It'll be my first seated Soundgarden show though.. should be interesting.

The smallest venue I saw Soundgarden in was the PNE Forum in '96 (which I think holds 3500-4000?). I think the Queen E. Theatre holds even less. Should be interesting. I saw Cornell do a pretty mediocre solo show in the late 90s, but saw STP rock that venue in 2000 :)
    Phoenix Theatre in Toronto: 1,100 people according to Wikipedia. Not that it matters when you're one person away from the railing :D

i saw sg a couple of weeks ago and they sound great
  • Options
    JMoJMo Posts: 1,071
    I'm down in Anaheim right now for work. Looking to buy a single GA ticket for the Saturday show. Or if you need a ticket buddy, let me know!
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    samjam wrote:
    Posted this elsewhere, but would probably do better here: I saw Soundgarden in DC and bought the grey King Animal shirt, with tour dates on the back. Since that show, they've added a really awesome black 'Louder Than F*ck' tour shirt. Wanting to make a trade, as I assume these 2 shirts are priced the same. Grey shirt is size M (men's size, also the size I'd want the black shirt in), worn once and washed but air dryed, so it has not shrank. Please let me know if you'd be interested :)
    :)
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    samjam wrote:
    samjam wrote:
    Posted this elsewhere, but would probably do better here: I saw Soundgarden in DC and bought the grey King Animal shirt, with tour dates on the back. Since that show, they've added a really awesome black 'Louder Than F*ck' tour shirt. Wanting to make a trade, as I assume these 2 shirts are priced the same. Grey shirt is size M (men's size, also the size I'd want the black shirt in), worn once and washed but air dryed, so it has not shrank. Please let me know if you'd be interested :)

Bring this over to Lost Dogs, as well. They might be able to help you out
  • Options
    kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,895
    JMo wrote:
    I'm down in Anaheim right now for work. Looking to buy a single GA ticket for the Saturday show. Or if you need a ticket buddy, let me know!

Just sold my extra yesterday! Darn. If I find any others I'll let you know.
  • Options
    JMoJMo Posts: 1,071
    kasedoug wrote:
    JMo wrote:

Just sold my extra yesterday! Darn. If I find any others I'll let you know.

Dang! Yeah, didn't find out till this morning that I would still be here. Thanks for looking out!
  • Options
    kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,895
    samjam wrote:
    samjam wrote:

Tour stuff is starting to pop up in their shop: http://soundgarden.shop.bravadousa.com/ ... c=BGCTGA31
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    kasedoug wrote:
    samjam wrote:
    samjam wrote:

Tour stuff is starting to pop up in their shop: http://soundgarden.shop.bravadousa.com/ ... c=BGCTGA31
    Thanks for the link, good to know! But I'm really looking for a trade, don't have the extra money to spend right now. :)
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,777
    demetrios wrote:

Soundgarden
    February 10, 2012
    Queen Elizabeth Theater
    Vancouver, BC

Setlist:

1. Non State Actor
    2. Get on the Snake
    3. Hunted Down
    4. (Improv)/Ty Cobb
    5. Jesus Christ Pose
    7. By Crooked Steps
    8. Outshined
    9. Flower
    10. Rhinosaur
    11. Taree
    12. Worse Dreams
    13. Been Away Too Long
    14. My Wave
    16. Live to Rise
    18. Fell on Black Days
    19. Bones of Birds
    20. Rowing
    21. Fresh Tendrils
    22. 4th of July
    23. encore break
    24. Drawing Flies
    25. Rusty Cage
    26. Black Hole Sun
    27. Incessant Mace

2 hours, 5 minutes

Where can you DL this? What site?
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

• Options
    RobbyD462 wrote:
    demetrios wrote:

Soundgarden
    February 10, 2012
    Queen Elizabeth Theater
    Vancouver, BC

Setlist:

1. Non State Actor
    2. Get on the Snake
    3. Hunted Down
    4. (Improv)/Ty Cobb
    5. Jesus Christ Pose
    7. By Crooked Steps
    8. Outshined
    9. Flower
    10. Rhinosaur
    11. Taree
    12. Worse Dreams
    13. Been Away Too Long
    14. My Wave
    16. Live to Rise
    18. Fell on Black Days
    19. Bones of Birds
    20. Rowing
    21. Fresh Tendrils
    22. 4th of July
    23. encore break
    24. Drawing Flies
    25. Rusty Cage
    26. Black Hole Sun
    27. Incessant Mace

2 hours, 5 minutes

It's http://www.dimeadozen.org . But what I'm gonna do, cause I'm a nice guy (lol) is upload a .zip Flac for ya's. Just give me an hour or so. Ok? :)
  • Options
    Sound for Soundgarden was terrible!
    Too bad no GA Floor they could have done it.

I went to Manson the next night with GA floor and
    the Sound and the overall show was Fucking amazing!!!

Very impressive show by Manson wow!

It snowed on stage and it was cold on the face!!

The props the delivery the overall intensity....
    That guy must hurt the next day!

I seen a lot of shows but this was incredible!!

Opening band was really cool as well.Those chicks were Hot!! ;)

• Options
    edited February 2013
    demetrios wrote:
    RobbyD462 wrote:
    demetrios wrote:

Soundgarden
    February 10, 2012
    Queen Elizabeth Theater
    Vancouver, BC

Setlist:

1. Non State Actor
    2. Get on the Snake
    3. Hunted Down
    4. (Improv)/Ty Cobb
    5. Jesus Christ Pose
    7. By Crooked Steps
    8. Outshined
    9. Flower
    10. Rhinosaur
    11. Taree
    12. Worse Dreams
    13. Been Away Too Long
    14. My Wave
    16. Live to Rise
    18. Fell on Black Days
    19. Bones of Birds
    20. Rowing
    21. Fresh Tendrils
    22. 4th of July
    23. encore break
    24. Drawing Flies
    25. Rusty Cage
    26. Black Hole Sun
    27. Incessant Mace

2 hours, 5 minutes

It's http://www.dimeadozen.org . But what I'm gonna do, cause I'm a nice guy (lol) is upload a .zip Flac for ya's. Just give me an hour or so. Ok? :)

Thanks a bunch :)

Do I need an account? Or a n invite?
    Post edited by RobbyD462 on

• Options
    RobbyD462 wrote:
    Sound for Soundgarden was terrible!
    Too bad no GA Floor they could have done it.

I went to Manson the next night with GA floor and
    the Sound and the overall show was Fucking amazing!!!

Very impressive show by Manson wow!

It snowed on stage and it was cold on the face!!

The props the delivery the overall intensity....
    That guy must hurt the next day!

I seen a lot of shows but this was incredible!!

Dammit!!!!!!!!!! I was too hungover to go to Manson. :oops:
  • Options
    RobbyD462 wrote:

THESE chicks?

hehehheeheheh
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5knkq3jSns

SOUNDGARDEN SUCKED> i left early. just horrid.
    made us sit in the goddam seats with no drinks for a half hour after they told us they would be on. absolutely killed the vibe, then the sound. ugh. worst.

Manson was incredible. I started a thread about it. Regarding what he said about Eddie Vedder

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=204204

insane show
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I '24