Options

Soundgarden Tour

Comments

• Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    Spoken wrote:
    Who's going to the Hammerstein Ballroom shows in New York???
    Roll Call!
    Da kid will be in da GA tom nite just hope they play LOud lolve and JCP
    Let's Go Yanks!
    96)Randalls Island I,II
    98)NJ,MSG I,II
    00) Virginia Beach Jones Beach I,II,III Saratoga Springs Seattle I
    03)Nassau Camden I MSG I,II NJ
    04)Boston I,II Reading
    05)Montreal Ottawa Toronto Borgata I,II Philly
    06) Irving plaza Albany Hartford Camden I,II NJ I,II LA I,II Gorge I,II
    07)Lolla
    08)Roo Camden I,II MSG I,II Hartford Beacon
    09)Chicago I,II Philly II,III,IV
    10)Hartford Newark MSG I,II
    11)PJ20 I,II
    13)Wrigley Brooklyn I,II Hartford
    14)Moline,milwaukee
    15)Central Park
    16)MSG I,II
    17)Wrigley I,II
    18)Wrigley I,II
    22)MSG,Camden
  • Options
    pjscreamer wrote:
    Spoken wrote:
    Roll Call!
    SCREAMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    JenfarrJenfarr Posts: 644
    pjscreamer wrote:
    Spoken wrote:
    Roll Call!

Jimmy! John and I will keep an eye out for you as we'll be upstairs in the 1st Balc. Can't wait!
    "McCready played on, lending credence to the theory that he was actually built in Stone’s basement from spare truck parts and vinyl records." - Glide Mag. review of MSG 7/8/03
  • Options
    JTHJTH Chicago Posts: 3,238
    So...

no opening band for any of these shows?
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    JTH wrote:
    So...

No :mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,743
    JTH wrote:
    So...

I'm really surprised they don't have an opener for the tour. I'm really hoping they get one by the time they get to Vancouver. I need that time to settle in!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    JTH wrote:
    So...

I'm really surprised they don't have an opener for the tour. I'm really hoping they get one by the time they get to Vancouver. I need that time to settle in!
    It's great if it's a GA show because it minimizes the amount of time on my feet, AND I get to get home before midnight! Win-win!
  • Options
    Suziemay wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    JTH wrote:
    So...

It's great if it's a GA show because it minimizes the amount of time on my feet, AND I get to get home before midnight! Win-win!
    That's good point... although in MT, the ONLY reason I didn't pee my pants or miss some of the show and lose my GA spot during the show was because Mudhoney distracted the floor enough for me to leave it, go to the washroom, and then get back up to where I started without trouble! Wouldn't have been able to do that without the opener! ;)

Also, no GA in Vancouver (unfortunately)... But at least it's on a Sunday (with a stat holiday the next day!!!), so I can get an early start.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Suziemay wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    That's good point... although in MT, the ONLY reason I didn't pee my pants or miss some of the show and lose my GA spot during the show was because Mudhoney distracted the floor enough for me to leave it, go to the washroom, and then get back up to where I started without trouble! Wouldn't have been able to do that without the opener! ;)

Also, no GA in Vancouver (unfortunately)... But at least it's on a Sunday (with a stat holiday the next day!!!), so I can get an early start.
    Oh, and less time I need to hold my pee in. Win-win-win! :lol::lol: I actually wouldn't mind a later start if it were a seated show and I don't have to hold my spot. I don't find SG crowds as friendly as PJ crowds or even some of the other shows I've been to so I don't risk it. Although the crowd on Kim's (Mike's!) side by the rail were friendly enough last week.
  • Options
    SpokenSpoken Posts: 1,451
    My friend asked what are the chances of hearing "Birth Ritual" tonight..
    I said ZERO..
    :lol:
  • Options
    I notice they haven't played Bones of Birds at any show yet (or if they did, I missed that). One of my faves off the new album - hoping they break it out!
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    From their twitter page, looking dapper

@soundgarden: From the Presidential Inauguration last night. http://t.co/ztkoKTnb
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    snipes824snipes824 Posts: 870
    Is there any opening band? Any idea when they've been hitting the stage for an 8pm show? Trying to get an idea for tomorrow.
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    snipes824 wrote:
    Is there any opening band? Any idea when they've been hitting the stage for an 8pm show? Trying to get an idea for tomorrow.

They are on 8:15 - 8:25. No opening band
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    snipes824snipes824 Posts: 870
    snipes824 wrote:

They are on 8:15 - 8:25. No opening band
    Thanks man.
  • Options
    SpokenSpoken Posts: 1,451
    Amazing night one at Hammerstein ballroom.
    Matt did a sweet drumm solo..
  • Options
    Omigod amazing yet again at Hammerstein tonight. On the rail, Kim's side! Woo hoo! Which one of you was the dude with the outshined sign? Please tell me you're on here. Jaime? Jeremy?

So Chris really likes the signs, can someone please bring a MATT FUCKING CAMERON sign to the next show? That's my only regret not bringing a sign for Matt. Don't wave it around all show obviously but it would be cool to see Matt smile widely at that. And Chris would love it for sure.

Ok back to outshined. So Chris starts reading a sign, and it says, "Can I play guitar on Outshined" and Chris was like here? Are you good? The guy totally sold it so Chris goes, "Come on up" and he did. On the stage for the entire song. Awesomeness.
  • Options
    -Buru--Buru- Santa Barbara, CA Posts: 1,292
    I am seeing them in less than a month!!
    Woohoo!!!

Great to read that they are putting on great performances.
    I am just a dreamer, but you are just a dream...
    If I knew where it was I would take you there.

• Options
    Anyone going to see Soundgarden who wouldn't mind picking me up a shirt? I want the black tour shirt with a lot of yellow on it, and it says "Louder Than Fuck". They ran out of small sizes, I need a mens size Small. Please PM me if you can help :)
  • Options
    animusanimus Twin Cities area Posts: 530
    can't wait for the Minneapolis show and it's in the Orpheum! I'm still looking for an extra ticket or pair if anyone has one.
  • Options
    crazygeocrazygeo Posts: 2,375
    what a great show full of classic hard rocking tunes.......
    can't wait till this summer to see them again!!!
    • 1991-11-17• 1998-08-28 •2000-09-01
    • 2003-07-05• 2004-10-01
    • 2005-10-03• 2006-05-27
    • 2008-06-19• 2009-10-27 2009-10-28 •2009-10-30
    • 2009-10-31

*Tres Mts 2011-03-23
    *Eddie Vedder 2011-06-25
    - 2013-10-21
    - 2013=10-22
    -2016 -04-28
    -2016 -04-29
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    Letterman repeat tonight with Soundgarden
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    I saw Soundgarden last night at Sound Academy in Toronto by myself. The venue is entirely General Admission. I got to the show one hour before the gates open and I was surprised to see that only 10-15 people were already in line. After a coat check and gone to the washroom, I've managed to be at the barricade on the left side. Soundgarden took the stage at 8:35-8:40 PM. Overall, it was a very good concert. They played a 28 songs, 2 h 30 min set. The crowd actually got more aggressive only about 11 songs in. Despite this, I was able to stay at the same spot throughout the whole show. I actually even managed to high-five and fist-bump Chris Cornell during two songs (when he wasn't carrying his guitar). The only down side of the show was that the volume of Chris' vocal was weak. He sounded really good, just that the music was a bit louder than Chris singing, but I was able to hear him throughout the show. Kim Thayil, Ben Shepherd and Matt Cameron were awesome as well. I definitely would go see them again. Here's the setlist for the first Toronto show:

Been Away Too Long
    My Wave
    Spoonman
    Searching With My Good Eye Closed
    Jesus Christ Pose
    Let Me Drown
    By Crooked Steps
    Taree
    Blow Up the Outside World
    Fell on Black Days
    Non-State Actor
    Drawing Flies
    Hunted Down
    Ugly Truth
    Live to Rise
    Halfway There
    Hands All Over
    Room a Thousand Years Wide
    Rhinosaur
    Superunknown
    Fresh Tendrils
    Black Hole Sun
    Attrition
    Rusty Cage

Encore:
    Outshined
    Flower
    Incessant Mace
    Slaves & Bulldozers
    (with "Rowing" snippet at start)
  • Options
    Suziemay wrote:
    Omigod amazing yet again at Hammerstein tonight. On the rail, Kim's side! Woo hoo! Which one of you was the dude with the outshined sign? Please tell me you're on here. Jaime? Jeremy?

So Chris really likes the signs, can someone please bring a MATT FUCKING CAMERON sign to the next show? That's my only regret not bringing a sign for Matt. Don't wave it around all show obviously but it would be cool to see Matt smile widely at that. And Chris would love it for sure.

Ok back to outshined. So Chris starts reading a sign, and it says, "Can I play guitar on Outshined" and Chris was like here? Are you good? The guy totally sold it so Chris goes, "Come on up" and he did. On the stage for the entire song. Awesomeness.

That is awesome. I was at their first Toronto show last night and like you, I was on the rail, Kim's side. They played 28 songs and I even managed to high-five and fist-bump Chris Cornell during two songs (one of them was Outshined, the first song of the encore).
  • Options
    animusanimus Twin Cities area Posts: 530
    just got back from The Tower. Very awesome show. We were way up top but still had a great time. Great set list i thought.

Hands All Over
    Spoonman
    Flower
    Outshined
    Jesus Christ Pose
    Taree
    Worse Dreams
    My Wave
    Attrition
    Ugly Truth
    Blow Up the Outside World
    Halfway There
    Eyelid's Mouth
    New song
    Non-State Actor
    Hunted Down
    Been Away Too Long
    Drawing Flies
    Fresh Tendrils
    Blood on the Valley Floor
    Rusty Cage
    Rowing

Encore:
    Room a Thousand Years Wide
    Dusty
    Let Me Drown
    Beyond the Wheel

they didn't play my fav song off King Animal though, By Crooked Steps. :x

poster was pretty sweet as well. i'll have to take a pic of it tomorrow.

Oh shit, This is the set I want! I'd love to hear Room a Thousand Years Wide. Such a good encore.
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,633
    I'm a little late with my review, but last week's Boston show was legendary.

The sound form my seat was phenomenal, and the setlist kicked my ass.

Great great night.
  • Options
    Really pumped to being going to both Chicago shows tomorrow and Wednesday!

Which side is Kim's side? That's where I want to be.
    Chicago-United Center 6/18/2003
    Chicago-United Center 5/17/2006
    Chicago-United Center 8/24/2009
    Ed Solo Chicago-Chicago Theatre 6/29/2011
    PJ20-Alpine Valley 9/3/2011 + 9/4/2011
    Chicago-Wrigley 7/19/2013
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,995
    djmikeyz28 wrote:

Mike's side.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    JimmyV wrote:
    djmikeyz28 wrote:

Mike's side.
    So jealous of everyone who gets to go to a GA show.