Soundgarden Tour

Comments

• Options
    RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,777
    edited February 2013
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    RobbyD462 wrote:
    Sound for Soundgarden was terrible!
    Too bad no GA Floor they could have done it.

I went to Manson the next night with GA floor and
    the Sound and the overall show was Fucking amazing!!!

Very impressive show by Manson wow!

It snowed on stage and it was cold on the face!!

The props the delivery the overall intensity....
    That guy must hurt the next day!

I seen a lot of shows but this was incredible!!

Opening band was really cool as well.Those chicks were Hot!! ;)
    Dammit!!!!!!!!!! I was too hungover to go to Manson. :oops:
    Post edited by RobbyD462 on
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

• Options
    RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,777
    RobbyD462 wrote:

THESE chicks?

hehehheeheheh
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5knkq3jSns

SOUNDGARDEN SUCKED> i left early. just horrid.
    made us sit in the goddam seats with no drinks for a half hour after they told us they would be on. absolutely killed the vibe, then the sound. ugh. worst.

Manson was incredible. I started a thread about it. Regarding what he said about Eddie Vedder

http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=204204

insane show

That's them!!
    That was Amazing sooo hot never seen anything like that before!!
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,954
    RobbyD462 wrote:

THESE chicks?

hehehheeheheh
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5knkq3jSns

Wow! They should really open for Steel Panther someday! :lol:
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    demetrios wrote:
    You can download anaudience recording of their Vancouver show over @ Dime. For those wondering how the sound was like that night!!

Soundgarden
    February 10, 2012
    Queen Elizabeth Theater
    Vancouver, BC

Source: CSB -> Battery Box -> Zoom H1 (44/16)
    Location: Balcony, Center, row 19 (first row center of balcony, mics clipped to jacket hanging over balcony.
    Conversion: .WAV -> USB -> Audacity (splits & FLAC conversion)

Setlist:

1. Non State Actor
    2. Get on the Snake
    3. Hunted Down
    4. (Improv)/Ty Cobb
    5. Jesus Christ Pose
    6. Room a Thousand Years Wide->
    7. By Crooked Steps
    8. Outshined
    9. Flower
    10. Rhinosaur
    11. Taree
    12. Worse Dreams
    13. Been Away Too Long
    14. My Wave
    15. A Thousand Days Before
    16. Live to Rise
    17. Blow Up the Outside World->
    18. Fell on Black Days
    19. Bones of Birds
    20. Rowing
    21. Fresh Tendrils
    22. 4th of July
    23. encore break
    24. Drawing Flies
    25. Rusty Cage
    26. Black Hole Sun
    27. Incessant Mace

2 hours, 5 minutes
    Where is it? I do 't know of Dime. Thx!

Download it here: http://we.tl/ia1A683wIY

:)
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,629
    Thanks!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Thanks!

No problemo! :)
  • Options
    Have to agree with most posters - the show in Vancouver stank.

Gotta be the worst sounding show I have ever seen, and seemingly didn't seem to matter - not sure that I heard any of Chris's lyrics with any clarity at all and Kim's riffs were lost in a sea of sonic mud!!!

So so disappointed. Had the potential to be a monstrous small venue show - but was far from it.

One positive though - Matt absolutely killed Jesus Christ Pose - he was by far the standout - and the only one that seemed to want to be there - not to mention that he is the hardest working pig skin thumper in music!!!

Sadly disappointed. Would love to have my $90 back!!
  • Options
    JMoJMo Posts: 1,071
    JMo wrote:
    I'm down in Anaheim right now for work. Looking to buy a single GA ticket for the Saturday show. Or if you need a ticket buddy, let me know!

Still looking!
  • Options
    kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,895
    Three straight nights with Soundgarden this weekend! Can't wait!
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    kasedoug wrote:
    Three straight nights with Soundgarden this weekend! Can't wait!
    HAVE A BLAST!!!
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    JMo wrote:
    JMo wrote:
    I'm down in Anaheim right now for work. Looking to buy a single GA ticket for the Saturday show. Or if you need a ticket buddy, let me know!

Still looking!

try the box office the day of the show, my friends got GA that night-good luck!

Missed you after the show last Friday :(
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    RKCNDY wrote:
    JMo wrote:
    Still looking!

try the box office the day of the show, my friends got GA that night-good luck!

Missed you after the show last Friday :(

Yeah, I should be up there at about 530pm, and see what I can find.

My phone was dead after the Seattle show. But we did wait around a bit before driving back to Portland. Matt said he saw your hubby half way through the show. Good times!
  • Options
    PJ212PJ212 Posts: 811
    I suppose the ringing in my ears will eventually go away. Two nights at the Wiltern with Soundgarden were amazing. A full throttle concert experience and seeing Matt Cameron drum Jesus Christ Pose both nights was a "holy shit" moment I'll remember the rest of my life.

Tonight's concert was recorded for the PBS show Artists Den, so everyone will get to see that concert eventually too..
    2000: CLT, Greensboro, 2003: MSG 1 & 2, 2008: MSG 1 & 2, 2009: LA 2 & 3, 2011: Vancouver, 2012: Missoula, 2013: Wrigley, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Voodoo, SD, LA 1 & 2, OAK, PDX, Vancouver, SEA, 2014: Cincy, ACL1, Tulsa, Lincoln, Memphis, Moline, St. Paul, MKE, DEN, Bridge 1 & 2, 2015: GCF, Mexico City, 2016: FLL, MIA, TPA, Greenville, Hampton, Columbia, MSG 1 & 2, Bonnaroo, Telluride, Fenway 1 & 2, Wrigley 1 & 2, 2017: ROHF, 2018: Padova, Rome, Prague, Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Wrigley 1
  • Options
    kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,895
    Suziemay wrote:
    HAVE A BLAST!!!

It was definitely a blast! Feel really fortunate that I was able to catch all three nights, as well as winning access to soundcheck before Friday's show. That really increased my appreciation for Matt, if that's even possible. :D When we walked into soundcheck, I was caught off guard because they were working out parts I really hadn't heard them play before. As Chris started to sing some lyrics, I realized it was "New Damage" and I was really amazed. It was so cool to see them work out the various parts, all the while Matt was the one who was sort of directing it all, knowing how many times to go on certain parts and where each member came in and such. Really neat to see them working out such a rare song and as Chris said later that night when they played it in the set, it was the first time in over 15 years that they'd played it!

Friday's show was an absolutely great kickoff to the run. I never saw them back in the 90's so these shows were only the 3rd-5th time that I've seen them after they reformed. Great to see songs like New Damage, Pretty Noose, Mailman, Fresh Tendrils, and Like Suicide (They played 8/15 of Superunknown on Friday.) I was also really happy because I had different friends that went each night and they all got to hear the songs they wanted to. My friend at Friday's show really wanted to hear Slaves and Bulldozers and it was an incendiary closer, like usual, that night.
    Saturday, my friend that was there was seeing them for the first time and was excited for some of the standards like FOBD and Outshined. When they ended the main set, he asked if they had played Rusty Cage on Friday and I said yes. He thought he'd be unlikely to hear it but I told him that's a regular and sure enough, they played it in the encore so he was happy. Saturday was good with songs like Ty Cobb, Ugly Truth, and Get on the Snake. Things seemed a little off though as Chris had trouble with his guitar prior to FOBD and then his pedal board during Rowing. Saturday's show was a little over 2 hours, whereas Friday was 2.5. Afterwards, I saw a setlist where they had scratched a few songs.
    As previously noted, Sunday's show was recorded for The Artist's Den so I was a little worried they'd skew towards all new material for the taping. That thinking sort of ended when they opened with Incessant Mace, and even though they played 10/13 from King Animal, it was a great show and the sound was the most dialed in it had been all weekend. It was really phenomenal. Also really special to hear "Blind Dogs" for the first time ever live. They really seemed to be enjoying themselves and Chris kept poking fun at the fact that the recording was for PBS. He mentioned how members would want to cancel donation checks after watching educational programming and then see Soundgarden on the channel. He also lead everyone through shouting obscenities, saying PBS stood for "Public B*itching Session." JCP, Rusty Cage, and Blow Up the Outside World, among other set staples where great every night and this show got back to the 2.5 mark like Friday's set.
    Just a really great three nights and it was nice being able to say hello to Kim and Matt after Friday's show when they came out to greet fans and sign (Matt also came out Sat). Ben was nice as could be after Sunday's finale, saying how that show was so much better than Saturday night. Such an amazing weekend! :D

Good meeting Jason (JMo) at Saturday's show!
  • Options
    kasedoug wrote:

Nice to meet you, KC, even if it was ever so brief!

Good recap of your three nights. As KC mentioned, I was able to escape the clutches of work in the OC, and see the Saturday show. I had a great f'n time! I know a lot of people are saying that Saturday's show wasn't as good as the other nights, but I didn't care! They opened with 'Nothing to Say, Flower, Outshined and GUN'! Vintage SG for sure! They also played 7 tracks off the new album, but the set was littered with the typically crowd pleasers too. Although, Blind Dogs and New Damage were crossed off the Saturday encore setlist, the 'Beyond the wheel' ending was pretty damn great!

Wish I could have been there Friday and Sunday too, but I had work and a flight to catch. Hopefully I get to hang with KC at a later date. Cool dude!
  • Options
    Poster fanatics, an amazing print is going up for sale tomorrow from Justin Hampton!

http://justinhampton.com/SoundgardenLA.html

Soundgarden in Los Angeles

uYrlSCv.jpg?1

My first poster for the tour of the new album 'King Animal'. This design is based on the lyrics of the song 'Bones of Birds. A three color screen print on 100 lb acid free paper stock measuring 18"x 24". Each copy has my hand pulled emboss of my JH logo in the lower left hand corner. Signed and numbered in a limited edition of only 100 prints.

$50

On sale Tuesday, Feb 19th at Noon PST.

http://justinhampton.com/SGTransfiguration.html

jTym65S.jpg?1

An art print version of my Soundgarden poster. A three color screen print on rainbow holographic foil paper stock measuring 18"x 24". Each copy has my hand pulled emboss of my JH logo in the lower left hand corner. Signed and numbered in a limited edition of only 30 prints.

$75

On sale Tuesday, Feb 19th at Noon
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    DC 101 Chili Cook-off May 4th ;)
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    kasedoug wrote:
    Suziemay wrote:
    HAVE A BLAST!!!

It was definitely a blast! Feel really fortunate that I was able to catch all three nights, as well as winning access to soundcheck before Friday's show. That really increased my appreciation for Matt, if that's even possible. :D When we walked into soundcheck, I was caught off guard because they were working out parts I really hadn't heard them play before. As Chris started to sing some lyrics, I realized it was "New Damage" and I was really amazed. It was so cool to see them work out the various parts, all the while Matt was the one who was sort of directing it all, knowing how many times to go on certain parts and where each member came in and such. Really neat to see them working out such a rare song and as Chris said later that night when they played it in the set, it was the first time in over 15 years that they'd played it!

Friday's show was an absolutely great kickoff to the run. I never saw them back in the 90's so these shows were only the 3rd-5th time that I've seen them after they reformed. Great to see songs like New Damage, Pretty Noose, Mailman, Fresh Tendrils, and Like Suicide (They played 8/15 of Superunknown on Friday.) I was also really happy because I had different friends that went each night and they all got to hear the songs they wanted to. My friend at Friday's show really wanted to hear Slaves and Bulldozers and it was an incendiary closer, like usual, that night.
    Saturday, my friend that was there was seeing them for the first time and was excited for some of the standards like FOBD and Outshined. When they ended the main set, he asked if they had played Rusty Cage on Friday and I said yes. He thought he'd be unlikely to hear it but I told him that's a regular and sure enough, they played it in the encore so he was happy. Saturday was good with songs like Ty Cobb, Ugly Truth, and Get on the Snake. Things seemed a little off though as Chris had trouble with his guitar prior to FOBD and then his pedal board during Rowing. Saturday's show was a little over 2 hours, whereas Friday was 2.5. Afterwards, I saw a setlist where they had scratched a few songs.
    As previously noted, Sunday's show was recorded for The Artist's Den so I was a little worried they'd skew towards all new material for the taping. That thinking sort of ended when they opened with Incessant Mace, and even though they played 10/13 from King Animal, it was a great show and the sound was the most dialed in it had been all weekend. It was really phenomenal. Also really special to hear "Blind Dogs" for the first time ever live. They really seemed to be enjoying themselves and Chris kept poking fun at the fact that the recording was for PBS. He mentioned how members would want to cancel donation checks after watching educational programming and then see Soundgarden on the channel. He also lead everyone through shouting obscenities, saying PBS stood for "Public B*itching Session." JCP, Rusty Cage, and Blow Up the Outside World, among other set staples where great every night and this show got back to the 2.5 mark like Friday's set.
    Just a really great three nights and it was nice being able to say hello to Kim and Matt after Friday's show when they came out to greet fans and sign (Matt also came out Sat). Ben was nice as could be after Sunday's finale, saying how that show was so much better than Saturday night. Such an amazing weekend! :D

So cool, glad you had a great time. Thanks for sharing!! I wanna see them again now, though :lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:
    Poster fanatics, an amazing print is going up for sale tomorrow from Justin Hampton!

http://justinhampton.com/SoundgardenLA.html

Soundgarden in Los Angeles

uYrlSCv.jpg?1

My first poster for the tour of the new album 'King Animal'. This design is based on the lyrics of the song 'Bones of Birds. A three color screen print on 100 lb acid free paper stock measuring 18"x 24". Each copy has my hand pulled emboss of my JH logo in the lower left hand corner. Signed and numbered in a limited edition of only 100 prints.

$50

On sale Tuesday, Feb 19th at Noon PST.

http://justinhampton.com/SGTransfiguration.html

jTym65S.jpg?1

An art print version of my Soundgarden poster. A three color screen print on rainbow holographic foil paper stock measuring 18"x 24". Each copy has my hand pulled emboss of my JH logo in the lower left hand corner. Signed and numbered in a limited edition of only 30 prints.

$75

On sale Tuesday, Feb 19th at Noon
    I have a feeling that Justin Hampton has seen the movie Cold Mountain.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,345
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,275

So when is Pearl Jam going to find the time to finish a new album?
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,884
    Zod wrote:

This winter after the fall tour winter :lol:
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,345
    Zod wrote:

there is time in March and April before and after they go to S. America.
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,721
    well that really sucks.

sharing Matt isnt ideal. hey ho, he was theirs first
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,275
    pdalowsky wrote:
    well that really sucks.

I would agree.. Both PJ and Soundgarden are fairly big bands (PJ a little bigger) with a big presence. You have to wonder if Matt's stint with Soundgarden is the biggest hurdle from PJ touring or recording albums?
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,884
    Zod wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:
    well that really sucks.

I would agree.. Both PJ and Soundgarden are fairly big bands (PJ a little bigger) with a big presence. You have to wonder if Matt's stint with Soundgarden is the biggest hurdle from PJ touring or recording albums?

I don't think its Soundgarden. I think if Ed said lets get in the studio, they would be in the studio.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    pulling69pulling69 KIAD Posts: 982
    Oh snap, comped room already set up for the show at The Borgata. :mrgreen:
    "Populated with every reject and cutthroat from Bombay to Calcutta. It's worse than Detroit."
  • Options
    Zod wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:
    well that really sucks.

PJ's a little bigger? I'd say a lot bigger. It's my impression that Matt is totally loyal to PJ first and foremost, and that he will consider their schedule before doing anything with SG.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,938
    Zod wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:
    well that really sucks.

I don't think its Soundgarden. I think if Ed said lets get in the studio, they would be in the studio.

In Clearwater Eddie talked about how he was wrapping up this solo tour and it was going to be all "band stuff" from here on out. I took that to mean they would be getting back into the studio soon.

It is strange that they are traveling all the way to South America to play only three shows. Maybe there is some studio time booked either immediately before or after?

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    october22october22 Posts: 2,533
    Anyone else catching them at Borgata? I'll be there. How the hell are GA tickets still available for this show at such a small venue???