Options

Soundgarden Tour

Comments

• Options
    JMoJMo Posts: 1,071
    Who else is going to the Portland show, and Seattle Night 2?!?!

I'm pretty excited for these shows. I was unable to make the Gorge show 2 years ago, but the SG concerts I have been to (Lolla 92, 94 and 96 shows) are up there with PJ as the best ever!
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,331
    JMo wrote:

I'm pretty excited for these shows. I was unable to make the Gorge show 2 years ago, but the SG concerts I have been to (Lolla 92, 94 and 96 shows) are up there with PJ as the best ever!

What'd you think of the Gorge show? I thought it was decent and pretty tight, but wasn't quite on par with the other Soundgarden shows that I'd seen (Vancouver '96, Vancouver Lolla '92, and Gorge Lolla '96)

Maybe it was because I didn't go into the pit.. lol.

I'm pretty excited for the Vancouver show.. It's in two weeks! :)
  • Options
    Tickets available for tomorrow night's show. They just released some if anybody else wants to go. I'm pretty pumpted to be there tomorrow. I've seen Alice in Chains and STP there, so this is the natural progression.
    Oct 00 - East Troy aka The Ice Bowl
    Apr 03 - Champaign
    Jun 03 - East Troy
    May 06 - Chicago
    Jun 06 - Summerfest 1 & 2
    Aug 09 - Chicago 1 & 2
    May 10 - Noblesville
    Sept 11 - PJ20 1 & 2
    July 13 - Wrigley
    Oct 13 - Pittsburgh
    Oct 14 - Moline & Milwaukee
    Aug 16 - Wrigley 1 & 2
  • Options
    JTHJTH Chicago Posts: 3,238
    Anyone gonna be at the Fat Cat before the show tonight?
  • Options
    JMoJMo Posts: 1,071
    Zod wrote:
    JMo wrote:

What'd you think of the Gorge show? I thought it was decent and pretty tight, but wasn't quite on par with the other Soundgarden shows that I'd seen (Vancouver '96, Vancouver Lolla '92, and Gorge Lolla '96)

Maybe it was because I didn't go into the pit.. lol.

I'm pretty excited for the Vancouver show.. It's in two weeks! :)

I didn't see them at the Gorge, I was unable to attend that show.

But all the SG shows I've been to have been awesome!

In 94, I crowd surfed during My Wave. Not because I asked to, but because some big dude up front saw a little dude (me) and decided to throw me up there. After being carried all the way to the back, I made it all the way to the front, and nearly back in the same spot. That was my first and last time, but a pretty memorable experience. Even without the PJ relation, I really love Soundgarden!
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    Posted this elsewhere, but would probably do better here: I saw Soundgarden in DC and bought the grey King Animal shirt, with tour dates on the back. Since that show, they've added a really awesome black 'Louder Than F*ck' tour shirt. Wanting to make a trade, as I assume these 2 shirts are priced the same. Grey shirt is size M (men's size, also the size I'd want the black shirt in), worn once and washed but air dryed, so it has not shrank. Please let me know if you'd be interested :)
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    Purex37Purex37 Chicago Posts: 167
    Was anyone at tonight's Chicago show? If so please share some details. I can't wait for tomorrow night.
    Why go, Animal?
    Foxy Mop in my tree, no way. 
    Gods' Dice Get Right
    Come back amongst the waves yellow moon.
    https://www.instagram.com/knowcode/

• Options
    Purex37 wrote:
    Was anyone at tonight's Chicago show? If so please share some details. I can't wait for tomorrow night.
    Chris referred to the place as The Vic at least twice.

A small and short-lived moshpit broke out during "Jesus Christ Pose".

I saw three or four guys crowdsurfing (all but one of them had no business doing so because they were way too big).

Three things I didn't know until last night:
    - Matt is the only one in the band who does backing vocals (except for Ben on "Spoonman").
    - Chris plays guitar on almost every song.
    - Kim (and Hiro) grew up in the Chicago area.

Setlist

Been Away Too Long
    My Wave
    Worse Dreams
    Room a Thousand Years Wide
    Jesus Christ Pose
    Rhinosaur
    Non-State Actor
    Drawing Flies
    Hunted Down
    Loud Love
    Big Dumb Sex
    Blow Up the Outside World
    Fell on Black Days
    Tighter & Tighter
    Burden in My Hand
    A Thousand Days Before
    Superunknown
    Fresh Tendrils
    Nothing to Say
    Spoonman
    Black Hole Sun
    4th of July
    Encore:
    Outshined
    Rusty Cage
    By Crooked Steps
    Incessant Mace
  • Options
    JTH wrote:
    Purex37 wrote:

A small and short-lived moshpit broke out during "Jesus Christ Pose".

I saw three or four guys crowdsurfing (all but one of them had no business doing so because they were way too big).

- Matt is the only one in the band who does backing vocals (except for Ben on "Spoonman").

Setlist

Been Away Too Long
    My Wave
    Worse Dreams
    Room a Thousand Years Wide
    Jesus Christ Pose
    Rhinosaur
    Non-State Actor
    Drawing Flies
    Hunted Down
    Loud Love
    Big Dumb Sex
    Blow Up the Outside World
    Fell on Black Days
    Tighter & Tighter
    Burden in My Hand
    A Thousand Days Before
    Superunknown
    Fresh Tendrils
    Nothing to Say
    Spoonman
    Black Hole Sun
    4th of July
    Encore:
    Outshined
    Rusty Cage
    By Crooked Steps
    Incessant Mace

awesome! -- any pics of the poster?
  • Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    JTH wrote:

Kim is from Lake Forest right? I only know that because I remember EV mentioning that at the United Center once when he was going on about Rockton :lol:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    JTH wrote:
    :lol::lol: At the first NYC Hammerstein show, Chris didn't even bother to say Hammerstein. He was like, where are we anyway, it all blends in together after awhile. I was like, uh oh, is he in a bad mood? But that was the only hint of annoyance, he was a little less chatty than the week before at Terminal 5 but when he brought the fan on stage for Outshined, I stopped worrying about his mood.
  • Options
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Kim is from Lake Forest right? I only know that because I remember EV mentioning that at the United Center once when he was going on about Rockton :lol:
    According to the grand repository of all human knowledge, it's Park Forest.

But Park, Lake, River, whatever... it's one of the Forests.
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    39 bux on the hub. god bless the scalper
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    JTH wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    According to the grand repository of all human knowledge, it's Park Forest.

But Park, Lake, River, whatever... it's one of the Forests.

:lol::lol::lol: I think that's about exactly what Eddie said too
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    I feel like I have earmuffs on still. The show last night certainly rocked. They create such a wall of sound. Cornell is definitely on his game. He blasts right through. There were sound issues on 2 or 3 songs, but given the fact that you're seeing an epic band in a tiny venue I'll take it. Definitely some serious moshing that got started at the Room a Thousand Years Wide/Jesus Christ Pose transition. I was a few feet away. It got kicked up again during Superunknown and the encore. Some great tunes off Superunknown, almost all of the hits, Big Dumb Sex was a great surprise, and Tighter and Tighter was very cool. They certainly bring it for the new songs too. The new album sounds much more like Soundgarden at the live show. For all those headed to The Riv tonight, give yourself plenty of time. It was a mess getting there last night. It then took until 7:30ish just to get the line of people into the venue. Band came on around 8:25 if I remember correct. Probably played until 10:40 or so I think. Good times.
    Oct 00 - East Troy aka The Ice Bowl
    Apr 03 - Champaign
    Jun 03 - East Troy
    May 06 - Chicago
    Jun 06 - Summerfest 1 & 2
    Aug 09 - Chicago 1 & 2
    May 10 - Noblesville
    Sept 11 - PJ20 1 & 2
    July 13 - Wrigley
    Oct 13 - Pittsburgh
    Oct 14 - Moline & Milwaukee
    Aug 16 - Wrigley 1 & 2
  • Options
    NWOntarioNWOntario Toronto Posts: 824
    I was at both Toronto shows--I flew across Canada for the weekend--and my thoughts are best summarized by an old Soundgarden t-shirt:

TOTAL FUCKING GODHEAD

Seriously. They totally killed it both nights. I have no problem admitting to be a total Matt Cameron fanboy; I love having him in Pearl Jam but Soundgarden's still his spiritual home, and his playing (on Friday especially) was other-wordly. Chris' voice sounds great. And I got to hear a bunch of songs ("Hands All Over," "Fresh Tendrils," "Dusty") I'd never heard before and was pretty sure I'd never hear, period. Truly, a special weekend. Can't wait to see 'em again. And now, GET ME MY WRIGLEY TICKETS.
    Minneapolis 1998 | Jones Beach I & II, Montreal, and Toronto 2000 | Buffalo, State College, Toronto, Montreal and Hershey 2003 | Boston I & II 2004 | Thunder Bay, Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa and Toronto 2005 | Toronto I & II 2006 | The Vic and Lollapalooza 2007 | Calgary and Toronto 2009 | PJ20 I & II, Toronto I & II, Ottawa, Calgary and Edmonton 2011 | London, Chicago, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver and Seattle 2013 | Ottawa and Toronto I & II 2016 | Chicago I & II 2018 | Ottawa, Hamilton and Toronto 2022
  • Options
    uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    NWOntario wrote:
    I was at both Toronto shows--I flew across Canada for the weekend--and my thoughts are best summarized by an old Soundgarden t-shirt:

TOTAL FUCKING GODHEAD

Seriously. They totally killed it both nights. I have no problem admitting to be a total Matt Cameron fanboy; I love having him in Pearl Jam but Soundgarden's still his spiritual home, and his playing (on Friday especially) was other-wordly. Chris' voice sounds great. And I got to hear a bunch of songs ("Hands All Over," "Fresh Tendrils," "Dusty") I'd never heard before and was pretty sure I'd never hear, period. Truly, a special weekend. Can't wait to see 'em again. And now, GET ME MY WRIGLEY TICKETS.
    I 100% agree with you. Ben was his usual self, and Kim even seemed more lively on Saturday. The band showed that they really enjoyed being here, and the fans benefited. I had a great time, glad you did too.
  • Options
    DesignVHLDesignVHL Posts: 297
    Can't wait for this...going on Friday. :) Just had to announce since I'm on the boards waiting for the same email as most of you.
    | valerie |

EXPAND YOUR ELEMENT!
  • Options
    For all those headed to The Riv tonight, give yourself plenty of time. It was a mess getting there last night. It then took until 7:30ish just to get the line of people into the venue. Band came on around 8:25 if I remember correct. Probably played until 10:40 or so I think. Good times.
    That sounds about right.

Aside from the weather, another thing about last night that added to the traffic in the area was that there was also a show at the Aragon. I'm pretty sure that's not the case tonight.

But still, the traffic might be even worse tonight with snow in the forecast.
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    go go go ....25 bucks on the hub
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Spoonman110Spoonman110 Winnipeg Posts: 348
    I'm travelling down (from Winnipeg) for the show in Minneapolis on Saturday. I've seen em three times, at the Vic in Chicago for the fanclub lottery show, at Lollapalooza, and in Toronto for their first show of their 2011 N.A. tour, and they honestly seem to sound better each time.

Fargo, ND 6/15/03 Winnipeg, MB 9/8/05 St Paul, MN 6/27/06 Chicago, IL 8/5/07 East Troy, WI 9/3/11, 9/4/11 Winnipeg, MB 9/17/11 Chicago, IL 7/19/13 St Paul, MN 10/19/14 Miami, FL 04/09/16 Tampa, FL 04/11/16 Fenway 1 & 2 08/05/16, 08/07/16Wrigley 1 & 2 08/18/18, 08/20/18Oakland 1 & 2 05/12/22, 05/13/22

• Options
    Purex37Purex37 Chicago Posts: 167
    Any of the Chicago crew attending night 2? I'll be going straight from work and was wondering if everyone is meeting up somewhere nearby in case I get there early. I could go for tacos on special like before RNDM.
    Why go, Animal?
    Foxy Mop in my tree, no way. 
    Gods' Dice Get Right
    Come back amongst the waves yellow moon.
    https://www.instagram.com/knowcode/

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,678
    Anyone going to the Vancouver show want to go for drinks before (and maybe after)? I scored an amazing seat, but only because I got a single, so I'm solo ... It would be great to meet some PJ/SG fans and get a buzz on for this show! :)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Soundgarden KILLED it last night...KILLED it!!!! My first time seeing them and what a blast!! If they're coming by you and you haven't gotten tix yet, do yourself a favor and go!!!!
  • Options
    peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Soundgarden KILLED it last night...KILLED it!!!! My first time seeing them and what a blast!! If they're coming by you and you haven't gotten tix yet, do yourself a favor and go!!!!

Too much money
  • Options
    Mamasan23 wrote:

Too much money

They were on the Hub for $20 yesterday.
  • Options
    peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:

Too much money

$85 for minne
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    Mamasan23 wrote:

Too much money

$85 for minne
    Worth every penny in my opinion. 2+ hours of hard-rocking perfection in a small venue with no opening act to sit through...
  • Options

$85 for minne

Wait til the day of ;)
  • Options
    Mamasan23 wrote:

Too much money
    it's one night of not going to the bar