Options

Soundgarden Tour

Comments

• Options
    rearviewrossrearviewross Posts: 3,055
    Hope they are as excited for Fridays show in Milwaukee as I am. In the words of Bart Scott... Cant wait!

Gonna be one cold ass walk to car afterward with no jacket.
    Forced to endure, what I cannot forgive.
  • Options
    peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Soundgarden KILLED it last night...KILLED it!!!! My first time seeing them and what a blast!! If they're coming by you and you haven't gotten tix yet, do yourself a favor and go!!!!

Too much money
    it's one night of not going to the bar

I don't go to the bar
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,683
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Soundgarden KILLED it last night...KILLED it!!!! My first time seeing them and what a blast!! If they're coming by you and you haven't gotten tix yet, do yourself a favor and go!!!!
    Awesome!! I can't wait for this - It will be my first time too... And 6th row!!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    JTHJTH Chicago Posts: 3,238

awesome! -- any pics of the poster?
    Nobody?

Well, I got a pic of last night's poster...
    1o85cg.jpg
  • Options
    fortyshadesfortyshades Posts: 1,834
    Mamasan23 wrote:

How long did they play aprox?
  • Options
    RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    Tuesday night at the Riviera was my first SG show and I LOVED IT! I was on Kim's side of the stage - 2nd off the rail. My husband sat in the balcony (in seats). That side of the stage was well behaved so I had plenty of room and I could see almost all of the stage all of the time! Cornell sounded great and walked back and forth at the front of the stage often to play to the crowd. Except for the rain, rain and more rain (got wet standing in line to get in, and wet again after the show catching a cab, and then again walking to the hotel from the late night pizza place) it was a great night.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    I can't get into the bar

fixed that up for ya! ;)

oh,, and NEXT FRIDAY! :D
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    JTH wrote:

awesome! -- any pics of the poster?
    Nobody?

Well, I got a pic of last night's poster...
    1o85cg.jpg
    hey thanks! that is a bad ass poster!
  • Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Awesome!! I can't wait for this - It will be my first time too... And 6th row!!

Wooo!! That's awesome!!!!! Have a great time :mrgreen:
    Mamasan23 wrote:

How long did they play aprox?

They came out at about 8:25 and played til almost 11!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    RKCNDY wrote:
    I can't get into the bar

fixed that up for ya! ;)

oh,, and NEXT FRIDAY! :D

That's enough out of you for the day :lol:
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    Some posters up on the Soundgarden site: Both NYC shows, Philly and Boston!

http://soundgarden.shop.bravadousa.com/ ... 0017_58804
  • Options
    How was the MN show? Sad to have missed it, (working, parking ticket to pay, low funds) hope it was awesome
  • Options
    How was the MN show? Sad to have missed it, (working, parking ticket to pay, low funds) hope it was awesome
    It was bad ass! Incessant Mace and Hunted Down to open - Slaves And Bulldozers shut it down! Stood right in front of the bass player all night ---- he is a bad ass- almost scary. And its crazy to see Matt just letting loose back there.

Oh an Ty Cobb - that was fun
  • Options
    Howdy folks - I have a friend whose GA ticket for the Seattle show at the Paramount tonight fell through so if anyone has a spare GA ticket PLEASE let me know. He's only looking for GA, so if you've got one to spare please PM me.

Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    Howdy folks - I have a friend whose GA ticket for the Seattle show at the Paramount tonight fell through so if anyone has a spare GA ticket PLEASE let me know. He's only looking for GA, so if you've got one to spare please PM me.

Thanks in advance.
    Some GA tickets were released at the box office last night. Beats paying the scalpers $200. Check Craigslist too. Good luck.
    BC69
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    Last nights set. Not much could've made it better for me, songwise.

1. Flower

2. Nothing To Say

3. Outshined

4. Jesus Christ Pose

5. Spoonman

6. Hands All Over

7. Gun

8. By Crooked Steps

9. Rhinosaur

10. Taree

11. My Wave

12. The Day I Tried To Live

13. Been Away Too Long

14. Worse Dreams

15. Hunted Down

16. Drawing Flies

17. Eyelid's Mouth (w/Ray Cameron)

18. Blow Up The Outside World

19. Fell On Black Days

20. Live To Rise

21. Tighter & Tighter (w/Mike McCready)

22. Non-State Actor

23. Ty Cobb

24. Rowing

encore:

25. Rusty Cage

26. Beyond The Wheel
    NERDS!
  • Options

Thanks in advance.
    Some GA tickets were released at the box office last night. Beats paying the scalpers $200. Check Craigslist too. Good luck.
    Thanks for that but I'm guessing those tickets are either gone or just not available from their web site or through the 877# so I guess I'll have to find out when the actual box office opens and find a number.

Thanks again for the tip.

Still open to any other possibilities if anyone has a spare GA ticket.
  • Options

Thanks in advance.
    Thanks for that but I'm guessing those tickets are either gone or just not available from their web site or through the 877# so I guess I'll have to find out when the actual box office opens and find a number.

Someone on the SG Forum boards was selling a GA tix. Check there. Cheers
    BC69
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,334
    Is it Sunday yet? I'm looking forward to the Vancouver show. It'll be my first seated Soundgarden show though.. should be interesting.

The smallest venue I saw Soundgarden in was the PNE Forum in '96 (which I think holds 3500-4000?). I think the Queen E. Theatre holds even less. Should be interesting. I saw Cornell do a pretty mediocre solo show in the late 90s, but saw STP rock that venue in 2000 :)
  • Options
    Zod wrote:
    Is it Sunday yet? I'm looking forward to the Vancouver show. It'll be my first seated Soundgarden show though.. should be interesting.

The smallest venue I saw Soundgarden in was the PNE Forum in '96 (which I think holds 3500-4000?). I think the Queen E. Theatre holds even less. Should be interesting. I saw Cornell do a pretty mediocre solo show in the late 90s, but saw STP rock that venue in 2000 :)
    I don't think I've ever seen a band play at the QE before... just theatre. I'm curious as to what the atmosphere is going to be. I think it seats around 3,000? Whatever - can't wait for this!!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,902
    So excited. Won 2 tickets to next Saturday's show from VEVO. Going to 2 of the 3 LA shows now! Can't wait! :D
  • Options

Someone on the SG Forum boards was selling a GA tix. Check there. Cheers
    Thanks again!
  • Options
    H.ChinaskiH.Chinaski Brooklyn, NY Posts: 1,596
    About what time are they taking the stage?
    Pine Knob, MI Lollapalooza 1992 / Soldier Field, Chicago 1995 / Savage Hall, Toledo 1996 / Palace, Detroit 1998 / Palace, Detroit 2000 / Pine Knob, MI 2003 / Showbox, Seattle 2004 / MSG, NYC 2008 / Key Arena I & II, Seattle 2009 / Eddie Vedder Beacon, NYC 2011 / Eddie Vedder Benaroya, Hall Seattle 2011 / Barclays, Brooklyn I &II 2013 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia II 2013 / Wuhlheide, Berlin, Germany 2014 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia 1 2016 / Madison Square Garden, NYC 2 2016 / Wrigley 2, Chicago 2016/ Fenway 1, Boston 2018/
  • Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,607
    H.Chinaski wrote:
    About what time are they taking the stage?

• Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,945
    Zod wrote:

Phoenix Theatre in Toronto: 1,100 people according to Wikipedia. Not that it matters when you're one person away from the railing :D
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,783
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Zod wrote:

I don't think I've ever seen a band play at the QE before... just theatre. I'm curious as to what the atmosphere is going to be. I think it seats around 3,000? Whatever - can't wait for this!!

Going to be fun!!

I saw Jack White and WolfMother there and it's small.

See you on the floor! Row 21 i think lol
    Then Manson GA the next night same place!!
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13 -Vancouver,BC-Rogers Arena-5/6/24
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12 -Vancouver,BC-Rogers Arena-5/4/24

• Options
    RobbyD462 wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Zod wrote:

Going to be fun!!

I saw Jack White and WolfMother there and it's small.

See you on the floor! Row 21 i think lol
    Then Manson GA the next night same place!!
    Still considering the Manson show. :think: Might just head down and see how cheap.it gets with the scalpers right before the show. See ya there! I'm row 6, seat 66. :shock:
  • Options
    iammine16iammine16 Vancouver, BC Posts: 813
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Zod wrote:

I have been to a few shows there (A Perfect Circle, STP, Slash) and is pretty good. Great sound, sightlines are good, beer lines are atrocious :lol: . I cannot wait to for Sunday as well! I am hoping it is along the lines of when I saw Alice In Chains at the Orpheum Theatre a few years ago.
    Vancouver, BC - 2005
    Vancouver, BC - 2009
    Vancouver, BC - 2011
    Vancouver, BC - 2013
    Mountain View, CA - 2014
    Mountain View, CA - 2014
    Quebec City, QC - 2016
    Ottawa, ON - 2016
    Pemberton, BC - 2016
    Seattle, WA 1 - 2018
    Seattle, WA 2 - 2018
  • Options
    crazygeocrazygeo Posts: 2,375
    best show in years......
    in my top 20 bands of all time listening
    • 1991-11-17• 1998-08-28 •2000-09-01
    • 2003-07-05• 2004-10-01
    • 2005-10-03• 2006-05-27
    • 2008-06-19• 2009-10-27 2009-10-28 •2009-10-30
    • 2009-10-31

*Tres Mts 2011-03-23
    *Eddie Vedder 2011-06-25
    - 2013-10-21
    - 2013=10-22
    -2016 -04-28
    -2016 -04-29
  • Options
    Well, outside of the encore (when I guess someone got their shit together or finally fixed a technical problem) the band sounded like a hot mess last night in Vancouver. Worst sounding show I've ever seen. And I got agreement from people sitting all over the room, so it wasn't just bad in a certain area. And this was a venue where bands reportedly sound good. You could tel it wasn't the band, but something the sound crew did very very wrong or they had a mechanical breakdown (in which case they should have stopped the show and refunded IMHO). Matt was the only one who came across as sounding great (just because he's so loud you could hear what was really going on with him). You could tell Chris was totally killing the vocals, but it didn't matter, because they were muffled, and the guitars just sounded like a mess too. Brutal. #soundcrewfail
    If anyone disagrees, I might have to accuse them of being in denial.