Options

Soundgarden Tour

Comments

• Options
    uhighjrbill04uhighjrbill04 Cincinnati OH Posts: 12
    Flying to Philly for the show Saturday. Is the venue (Tower Theatre) pretty cool? and what is there to do around there? Obviously have never been there before...
    St. Louis, MO 10/11/2000 St. Louis, MO 04/22/2003 St. Louis, MO 10/05/2004 Cincinnati, OH 06/24/2006 Manchester, TN 06/14/2008 Chicago, IL 08/24/2009 Columbus, OH 05/06/2010 Indianapolis, IN 05/07/2010 East Troy, WI 09/03/2011 East Troy, WI 09/04/2011 Atlanta, GA 09/22/2012 Chicago, IL 07/19/2013 Pittsburgh, PA 10/11/2013 Buffalo, NY 10/12/2013 Dallas, TX 11/15/2013 Oklahoma City, OK 11/16/2013
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,884
    Flying to Philly for the show Saturday. Is the venue (Tower Theatre) pretty cool? and what is there to do around there? Obviously have never been there before...

Venue is OK, the area around it not so much, the bars right around it have been cool for the EV solo shows have been fun. But not a place I would hang out at for too long after a show.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    Terminal 5 tomorrow! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • Options
    Still tix for terminal 5 for only $25 on Stubhub.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,945
    Wish I could go to one of those Toronto show's. :(

Hopefully next Soundgarden tour dates, they do Montreal, or any show's east of Montreal.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,935
    Is there an opening band?

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    JimmyV wrote:

Does not look like it
  • Options
    JimmyV wrote:

Does not look like it

ARRGH!!!

On any other night I would be thrilled by that. BUT NOT SUNDAY!!! Pats at 6:30, this at 8...ARRGH!!!!

• Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    Yes, I am going to Chi town. Sorry. I didn't think that there might be a difference. In fact, my tickets didn't even come from TM. They were etix. Looking back at my receipt it said I would receive the tix 3 days after my order. hmmmm..... I will have to check my file at home to see if I got them and just forgot. I hope so. Has everyone else going to the Riviera got tics?

I'll be there! I'm going night 2, which one are you going to? I printed my ticket when I got it in the presale.
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    Please take merchandise pics.
  • Options
    lotsalemonlotsalemon Boston Posts: 2,734
    JimmyV wrote:
    JimmyV wrote:

Does not look like it

ARRGH!!!

On any other night I would be thrilled by that. BUT NOT SUNDAY!!! Pats at 6:30, this at 8...ARRGH!!!!

I know huh???

Looks like we'll all be comitting an annoying concert behavior by checking the Sportscenter app every 5 minutes :lol:
    Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018

• Options
    IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,648
    JimmyV wrote:
    JimmyV wrote:

Does not look like it

ARRGH!!!

Yep, looks like I'm missing part of the show........

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Ohana x2  Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    JimmyV wrote:

Does not look like it

ARRGH!!!

If there is anything right in this world, the Falcons will have already won, and the Pats will be destroying the other Harbaugh brother by the time the show starts for you guys.
  • Options

If there is anything right in this world, the Falcons will have already won, and the Pats will be destroying the other Harbaugh brother by the time the show starts for you guys.

:thumbup:

• Options
    JimmyV wrote:

:thumbup:

I'll hate the Pats till the day I die if you let the Ravens in the super bowl :lol:

Don't let them steal another win up there
  • Options
    $12 tix on stubhub for terminal 5 show tonight.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,612
    :shock: Wtf? They going for $120+ in Vancouver. Why no love for SG in NYC?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    These were $20 tickets, part of the "American Express Presents" series. Hammerstein tickets are closer to $70 or so face. But still....

I think the problem is scalpers scoop tix up like nobody's business in NYC and most people forget to look closer to the time.
  • Options
    Suziemay wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    These were $20 tickets. But still....

I think the problem is scalpers scoop tix up like nobody's business in NYC and most people forget to look closer to the time.
    Wow, they were only $20 in the first place?? That's crazy! Why was the cheapest pre-sale ticket here $70 plus fees?! :evil:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Wow, they were only $20 in the first place?? That's crazy! Why was the cheapest pre-sale ticket here $70 plus fees?! :evil:
    Sorry, I edited my post after I posted that, this show is part of the "American Express Presents" series, I think Amex sponsors it and broadcasts it or something. The shows that are part of the regular tour were $70 or 75 face... Feel better? :mrgreen:
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    chicago tix are down to 53 on the hub with 350 or so available. i suspect they will continue to fall as we get closer to shows. maybe 35?

all hail the scalper
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Suziemay wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Sorry, I edited my post after I posted that, this show is part of the "American Express Presents" series, I think Amex sponsors it and broadcasts it or something. The shows that are part of the regular tour were $70 or 75 face... Feel better? :mrgreen:
    Yes, thank you. :lol:
  • Options
    I feel like im seeing pearl jam tonight a little because Matt is drumming. Is that weird? Probably.
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    I feel like im seeing pearl jam tonight a little because Matt is drumming. Is that weird? Probably.

I don't think that's weird.

Has anyone heard about a summer tour of Soundgarden & Alice in Chains?
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options

No, but it would make sense... I think that would probably be between finishing the PJ album and the PJ tour for Matt.
    Does anyone else think that Alice in Chains without Layne isn't Alice in Chains? Why didn't they just start a new band? What, did they run out of song ideas? Need to be AIC just so they have a varied setlist for a tour? I think it's dumb what they're doing.
  • Options
    I'm a much bigger Pearl Jam fan than Soundgarden fan, however since PJ is not touring and SG is and both bands are so intertwined, it's definitely alleviating some lack of PJ blues. I also LOVE Chris Cornell and could watch/listen to him all day/night.
    Ahh, can't concentrate at work, might as well head over now :mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • Options
    SpokenSpoken Posts: 1,451
    Suziemay wrote:
    I'm a much bigger Pearl Jam fan than Soundgarden fan, however since PJ is not touring and SG is and both bands are so intertwined, it's definitely alleviating some lack of PJ blues. I also LOVE Chris Cornell and could watch/listen to him all day/night.
    Ahh, can't concentrate at work, might as well head over now :mrgreen::mrgreen:
    Are you going to the Hammerstein shows too?
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    PJ_Soul wrote:

No, but it would make sense... I think that would probably be between finishing the PJ album and the PJ tour for Matt.
    Does anyone else think that Alice in Chains without Layne isn't Alice in Chains? Why didn't they just start a new band? What, did they run out of song ideas? Need to be AIC just so they have a varied setlist for a tour? I think it's dumb what they're doing.

Yeah I don't really get "Alice in Chains." I haven't seen them live, I know they put out some new album(s?), etc but I've seen them on TV a couple times and think it's just kinda weird. I was never a huge fan, but I think it would have been cooler to carry on as a 3 piece and just have Jerry do all the singing since he sang lead or co-sang on a lot of those songs anyway. I just think it's kinda cheesy to have another guy singing those Layne trademark songs. I dunno.
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    crazygeocrazygeo Posts: 2,374
    #1 Pearl jam
    #2 Soundgarden
    @ Tower, Pa saturday night....c ya there

P.S I hope to see Pearl jam top the new album by Soundgarden's King Animal...
    King Animal is > than BackSpacer
    but everyone has an opinion :fp:

AIC & Nirvana = drugs > never had a chance to survive
    • 1991-11-17• 1998-08-28 •2000-09-01
    • 2003-07-05• 2004-10-01
    • 2005-10-03• 2006-05-27
    • 2008-06-19• 2009-10-27 2009-10-28 •2009-10-30
    • 2009-10-31

*Tres Mts 2011-03-23
    *Eddie Vedder 2011-06-25
    - 2013-10-21
    - 2013=10-22
    -2016 -04-28
    -2016 -04-29
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    OK, I'm confused. There are two threads with the same name on different boards. I posted this in the other thread also.

I should preface by saying tonight's Terminal 5 show in NYC was an American Express Presents show and you had to tweet to get tickets. It was announced after the rest of the tour so not sure if it's "different".

Ok, so I ended up arriving at 6:40 or so despite my best efforts. Doors were set to open at 7, show to start at 8. Doors opened around 7:20 or so, band came on at 8:18, no opener. I'm not 100% sure if this is the case for the rest of the tour but sure was nice! They played until 10:00, then came back on for an encore from 10:10-10:30. You'll have to check setlist.fm or soundgardenworld.com for setlist since I'm actually not a huge Soundgarden fan (trust me, the fandom is growing each day) but I remember Chris mentioning they hadn't played either of these in awhile: Fresh Tendrils and Hunted Down. Hunted Down was dedicated to Jonathan Poneman from SubPop Records who was at the show.

There wasn't any tour-specific merch, but again, wondering if it just wasn't ready? They had some King Animal hoodies and shirts. No posters. Really think there will be more stuff at the next show.

Chris Cornell is sounding better and better each time I see him. And Matt FUCKING Cameron. Fuck. Amazing. I think I realize now why I was never a huge Soundgarden fan, I never saw them live until recently.

Just remembering some funny Chris banter. Before playing Live to Rise, he said when he was asked in an interview if he was a comic book fan before The Avengers came out, he said no and proceeded to dig himself into a hole before he realized. He felt bad at the time but now he doesn't. There were also these giant balloons that kept being dropped into the crowd, he called them "flu balloons" and said it was just a plan to get everyone sick because everyone touching them would leave their germs on the surface and we would all get the flu. But then we'd all just deal with it by "walking it off". Ok, maybe it was funnier when Chris said it :lol::lol: He also talks to this person holding up a sign for a song, I guess he/she has brought the sign to 4 shows now and they haven't played the song, Chris said it's because they don't care about their fans (in jest). I love that Chris talks to the crowd. During his solo shows, he does it even more so.

Oh, and my 6:40 arrival got me 2nd row on Mike's side. I mean, Kim's side :mrgreen::mrgreen: Nuts, right? I probably would have been 4th or 5th row if I tried to go in the middle but the middle is not a good place to be unless you're into crazy moshing/crowd surfing. Learned my lesson last time. Kim's side was much more manageable for me, people having fun without pushing and shoving each other.

Everyone going to see them, you're in for a real treat. HAVE A BLAST!
    Post edited by Suziemay on