Comments

• Jason P wrote:
    Sad-Keanu-Reeves-Meme-Star-Wars-ec3ea5355f9e60b52c08.jpg

My vote for the next cast member.

whoa.
    That I no longer give a fuck
    Who is wrong and who’s right
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    i want Sam Rockwell to be a Sith, or young Han Solo, i dont know but Sam and Star Wars = Win.

YES! sam rockwell can do anything.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Jason P wrote:

whoa.
    Dude ... I like totally made the Kessel Run in like ... ahhh ... totally like eleven or at least twelve bitch'n parcecs man ... for sure. And ...

I

AM

AN

F.B.I.

AGENT!!!!

Vaya con Dios, Brah.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTtcoSEhfko_qMrXtMpEnegyI92p0utYhMq67VGOPH5vaYD207P
    You totally killed us, you evil metal dickweeds!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRO5XV4_TIta5muQ1KjhyEBMPZCN50U9uch8fFWAjm-zuwCYuCCGw
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    death-star-1.jpg

STATION!!
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • goldrushgoldrush Posts: 7,469
    i want Sam Rockwell to be a Sith, or young Han Solo, i dont know but Sam and Star Wars = Win.

YES! sam rockwell can do anything.
    Sam Rockwell would be good but not as Han Solo. He's already 10 years old than Harrison Ford was when they filmed the first one.

Apparently Mark Hammill is 'in talks' over returning as Luke
    http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/news/mark-hamill-in-talks-for-new-star-wars-films-20130221

And Ewan McGregor would be interested in an Obi-Wan spinoff
    http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/videos/star-wars-spin-off-appeals-to-ewan-mcgregor-20130215
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
    goldrush wrote:

I'd go see that. He was the one good thing about the prequels. He got better with each movie, by the third he was the shit.
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    George Lucas went through many drafts for Star Wars before coming up with the final version we know and love today. Here are 20 facts about the Star Wars rough drafts and preparation for filming you may not know.

1 - In George Lucas' rough draft of 1974, the first occurrence of "May The Force Be With You" was uttered by King Kayos of Aquilae. He actually says "May The Force Of Others Be With You All." In fact, the force was known as the force of others.

2 - Han Solo resembled a "swamp creature" again in the rough draft.

3 - Chewie was a nickname for Devil Two, a hot shot pilot, later changed to Wedge.

4 - The Death Star was originally referred to as just a space fortress.

5 - Skywalker decided to train wookiees to fly ships to help destroy the flying fortress.

6 - In the second draft Han had changed to human. He was teamed up with Chewbacca and also in debt to an enormous fat character called Oxus.

7 - A pirate ship makes a jump to "hyper-skip" in the second draft.

8 - In the third draft, Ben explains to Luke about the force. It can be collected and transmitted through the use of a kiber crystal. Ben explains his was taken at the Battle of Condawn.

9 - It wasn't until the third draft that the term light sabre was used. Up until then it was laser sword.

10 - Han Solo built his own ship in draft three, which Jabba paid for.

11 - At one point, George Lucas had considered doing the whole movie in Japanese with English subtitles.

12 - Much work was done on the front part of the X-Wing's nose so it didn't look "obscene."

13 - In the original fourteen page treatment way back in 1973, the planet Yavin was a jungle planet for wookiees.

14 - In the opening shot of the first rough draft, a ship orbits the fourth moon of Utapau in the Kessil system.

15 - Originally DaiNoga was a name for a Jedi in the first draft.

16 - In the second draft the story opens with a prophecy - "And in the time of greatest despair there shall come a saviour, and he shall be known as The Son Of The Suns" - Journal of the Whills 3:127.

17 - The evil (dark) side of the force was known as Bogan.

18 -Luke told Biggs about a young Padawan who ran away and taught the Bogan to Sith pirates. His name was Darklighter.

19 - In the second draft, Chewbacca was described as an eight foot tall, savage looking creature, resembling a huge grey bushbaby monkey with fierce "baboon-like" fangs.

20 - Han agrees to take Luke and the two robots to safety (Ogana Major) for a million credits. He, however, doesn't have a ship, so fakes a reactor leak on the ship he's serving on, causing the crew including Jabba to flee in terror.
    Bogan? That sounds like some douche nickname, not the dark side of the Force.

Oh hey, what's up Bogan?
    39ARealLiveDouchebag.jpg
  • voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
    Harrison Ford will be playing Han Solo in the new film.
    It's also rumored Billy Dee Williams, Carrie Fisher and Mark Hamill will be in the new film too.
    voidofman wrote:
    Harrison Ford will be playing Han Solo in the new film.
    It's also rumored Billy Dee Williams, Carrie Fisher and Mark Hamill will be in the new film too.

Anyone know whether or not we're going to get Frank Oz's actual hand in a puppet, or more of that CGI Yoda bullshit? I know Yoda is "dead" and all, but I'm sure he'll pop out in ghost form from time to time.
  • rearviewrossrearviewross Posts: 3,055
    Bogan? That sounds like some douche nickname, not the dark side of the Force.

Oh hey, what's up Bogan?
    39ARealLiveDouchebag.jpg

Thanks I just broke my laptop screen because when I saw that douches face my instant reaction was to punch it.
    Forced to endure, what I cannot forgive.
    Jason P wrote:

The Sith lords are surfers.
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217

Good news. I kinda hope details dont come out about the plot.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    Star Wars Episode VII Actors John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, Oscar Isaac, Andy Serkis, Domhnall Gleeson, and Max von Sydow will join the original stars of the saga, Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill, Anthony Daniels, Peter Mayhew, and Kenny Baker in the new film.

Director J.J. Abrams says, “We are so excited to finally share the cast of Star Wars: Episode VII. It is both thrilling and surreal to watch the beloved original cast and these brilliant new performers come together to bring this world to life, once again. We start shooting in a couple of weeks, and everyone is doing their best to make the fans proud.”

Star Wars: Episode VII is being directed by J.J. Abrams from a screenplay by Lawrence Kasdan and Abrams. Kathleen Kennedy, J.J. Abrams, and Bryan Burk are producing, and John Williams returns as the composer. The movie opens worldwide on December 18, 2015.
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    Cool.
    Its sad that they treat R2D2 like a dog.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    edited April 2014
    MayDay10 said:

Im in the minority of Star Wars fans who actually like the "new ones".

I feel like the expectations were way too high before those came out and a lot of nerds came out with fake outrage because the story didnt go the same way their own fan-novels went (such as metachlorians). I have seen people's hour-long videos tearing apart each movie for the smallest little plot holes, costume 'errors', etc... things that I dont care about even after hearing/learning about it.

You can tear apart the old trilogy as well and they are cheesy in their own right. They are classics and among my favorite movies ever, but let's remember that many of us were kids when they hooked us, and we watched the 'new' ones pretty much as adults. Its a tough transition. "Luke we got company" was great when we were little kids and it was 1978, but that line now would get rolled by fans and critics.

IV through VI were around for so long by themselves, they wove with pop culture and so many people could recite almost every line in the movie. A new trilogy was coming in against a stacked, impossible deck. The megafans expecting a line-by-line memorization masterpiece got angry and I think the bad feelings snowballed/spread

I'm with you...I watched all 6 movies a few years ago for the first time. I do think V and VI are the two best out if both trilogies, but I think the rest of them are really good, with the first of each trilogy bringing up the rear. I think the criticism is a product if nostalgia and overanalysis.
  • Cool.
    Its sad that they treat R2D2 like a dog.

:))

The love he receives is the love that is saved
    Brewmeister Smith is in it! Bob and Doug McKenzie foreshawdowed this casting call in 1983 ... Sith Lord for sure, eh?
    I wonder which of these poor bastards was cast as a heir to Skywalker, thus dooming their acting career ...
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,768
    has anyone heard of the new names that were cast?
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA

No. But it will be interesting to see Chewbacca have his crossbow replaced by the Hurry Cane ...
  • Interesting that the movie will open in theatres in December. Star Wars movies have always been released in May.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self

Interesting that the movie will open in theatres in December. Star Wars movies have always been released in May.

They won't have to fight other action / adventure movies in December since The Hobbit should be wrapped up. Mo Money, Mo Money, Mo Money!
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559

ya ... adam driver and oscar isaac were both in "inside llewyn davis" ... and andy serkis is of course famous from the LOTR films ... not seen anything with boyega and ridley ...
  • Is it going to be another trilogy? Or will they just continue, like James Bond?
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe Posts: 4,957
    Jason P said:

George Lucas says there will 'never' be a new 'Star Wars'

http://entertainment.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/03/29/10922254-george-lucas-says-there-will-never-be-a-new-star-wars?lite

... unless Disney pays me $4,050,000,000 U.S. dollars. Then there will be another 20.

The rich sob gives huge amounts to further education and other things. At the end of the day, who cares? The guy has pledged to leave half his fortune to charity when he dies. That is a pretty significant amount. I will praise him for that at least.
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559

Is it going to be another trilogy? Or will they just continue, like James Bond?

it'll continue ...
  • Treyert14Treyert14 Posts: 924
    Jason P said:

Me'sa can'ts wait!!!

Please, let's not bring him back..