Options

FRANKENSTORM IS HERE!!!!!! GOOD LUCK EAST COAST

Comments

• Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    Fucking A 1st day back to work today my house got hit by 60foot oak on monday around 5:30 took out my daughters room , bathroom and my sons room a branch went thru hi's celing the chimmney for my heat furnace was also knocked down this is the worst thing i have gone thru in my life , its really hard to concentrate on anything here at work .........
    :shock: :shock: :shock:

Thank goodness the family is all right .... but total bummer.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,347
    :lol::lol::lol: mY 18YR old son calls me and ask's " Hey dad can me and andrew come over to the house and go in the hot tub :lol::lol: he is totally cluless about the severity of what we just wen't thru , i said yeah you can use the tub if you feel like having a cold bath :lol::lol:
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    my friends home..look at the waterline.

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-p ... 9677_n.jpg
    2008 - MSG 6/24-6/25
    2010 - Newark 5/18 MSG 5/21
    2011 - PJ20 9/3-9/4
    2012 - MIA Festival 9/2
    2013 - Wrigley Field 7/19 Brooklyn 10/18-10/19 Philly 10/22
    2015 - Colbert show - 9/23 Global Citizens Festival 9/26
    2016 - Philly 4/28-4/29 MSG 5/1-5/2

• Options
    Jason P wrote:
    Fucking A 1st day back to work today my house got hit by 60foot oak on monday around 5:30 took out my daughters room , bathroom and my sons room a branch went thru hi's celing the chimmney for my heat furnace was also knocked down this is the worst thing i have gone thru in my life , its really hard to concentrate on anything here at work .........
    :shock: :shock: :shock:

Thank goodness the family is all right .... but total bummer.

Yeah thanks that is all that matters , i was home in my living room when the tree came down on my house i really thought that a train had hit my house it was the worst feeling ever to see a giant tree in my house :shock: i was all alone with my dog my kids were at friends house and my wife was at work , i was scared as shit :( .......
  • Options

OHHHHH MAN FUCK ME......i know its cliche.....but thank god nobody was killed

sorry dude ..this fucking storm really changed alot of lives forever....truly amazing

all the best man ...glad you and the family are ok

I know thanks how did you make out on Long Beach home ...
  • Options
    :lol::lol::lol: mY 18YR old son calls me and ask's " Hey dad can me and andrew come over to the house and go in the hot tub :lol::lol: he is totally cluless about the severity of what we just wen't thru , i said yeah you can use the tub if you feel like having a cold bath :lol::lol:
    :lol:
    Send him down to me for a week.,, sounds like he would fit right in.,
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    :lol:
    Send him down to me for a week.,, sounds like he would fit right in.,

Thanks will keep that in mind just don't let him out on a boat i'm afraid he would end up in Cuba ...
  • Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057

OHHHHH MAN FUCK ME......i know its cliche.....but thank god nobody was killed

sorry dude ..this fucking storm really changed alot of lives forever....truly amazing

all the best man ...glad you and the family are ok

I know thanks how did you make out on Long Beach home ...

honestly...im afraid to go look...... :?

but i will over the weekend and pray the house is still there

i know the garage and basement has to be flooded....both have not to much in them so no biggie

i don't think the water reached the main part of the house(it would have had to been 7 ft high )
    thats all im concerned about......but who knows ..a window could have blown out or a roof ..aye

i'll find out soon enough...hopefully just some water
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    Anybody wanna pick me up at Newark tomorrow?
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146

just take a bus
    subway.jpg?w=453&h=453
  • Options

On a friday :lol::lol: good luck you should be at your destination by Saturday sometime ...
  • Options
    norm wrote:

just take a bus
    subway.jpg?w=453&h=453
    I have to get to Queens... I should get there by Sunday.
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    power is back on!
  • Options
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    power is back on!
    YAY!!! :clap::D
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,795
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    power is back on!

Nice! Ours goes out at least a few times a year- always nice to get it back! Glad for you!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    power is back on!

now go and post in the Shower thread... :lol:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    norm wrote:

just take a bus
    subway.jpg?w=453&h=453
    I have to get to Queens... I should get there by Sunday.
    Sunday you can join in on the Marathon. Good news it's only 13 miles to Queens.
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,447
    norm wrote:

just take a bus

subway.jpg?w=453&h=453

I know its not the right time to debate the issue, but this scene is what it would be like if PJ had a GA floor in the U.S. ;)

In all seriousness, I wish all our east coast friends a speedy recovery.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,047
    I feel very lucky not to have lost my power. I didn't realize how bad it was. Tons of people lost theirs especially in the NJ/NY area. Hell even less than a half mile from me one of my friends still hasn't gotten their power back.

541351_547782008584590_498324285_n.png
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    I feel very lucky not to have lost my power. I didn't realize how bad it was. Tons of people lost theirs especially in the NJ/NY area. Hell even less than a half mile from me one of my friends still hasn't gotten their power back.

I like that picture. Says a lot about NYC people. Most are so very kind, they just have the don't fuck with me and I won't fuck with you attitude. I respect that so much.
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    DS1119 wrote:

I like that picture. Says a lot about NYC people. Most are so very kind, they just have the don't fuck with me and I won't fuck with you attitude. I respect that so much.

that picture is of a residence in hoboken, nj. how do you feel about jersey? ;)
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    As of last night, power, phone and cable are back on. Lost some trees--one hit the house, but did no damage to the house. Plenty of clean up still ahead, but everyone is safe. Sandy was a bitch.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    Back to work today!
    There is no gas near me....
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,354

this is beautiful....there is still hope for humans..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    sooo ... should the marathon be run this sunday in NY!? ... there are still a lot of people without power and stuff ... especially on staten island ...
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,106
    polaris_x wrote:
    sooo ... should the marathon be run this sunday in NY!? ... there are still a lot of people without power and stuff ... especially on staten island ...

um no.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    polaris_x wrote:

um no.

ya ... it seems kinda absurd considering there is so much work involved in the clean up ... and line ups at gas stations are causing a lot of grief ...
  • Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    the marathon is a top 5 day in nyc

all the tourists and runners spending their cash ,plus its a big day to have marathon parties ala seinfeld

nyc has to keep it running
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    power is back on!

WOOHOO!!!!!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    My mom called and said our house might not get power until next Friday :o I hope that is worst case scenario and that power comes back on quickly!

I feel so lucky my school didn't get hit so bad...my heart goes out to everyone back home and in the city, LI, Jersey, etc that were affected. Crazy.
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2