Options

FRANKENSTORM IS HERE!!!!!! GOOD LUCK EAST COAST

Comments

• Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    boardwalk is gone .
    my life has been severly altered and changed.
    i'm physically ok out on eastern long island,
    with no power
    ( like 7 million others )
    i'm only on this cuz we are plugged into a car lighter.

so im just checking in to say hello.
    dont know where i'll be a day from now ,
    or in time

:wave:
    Glad you're doing well! :thumbup: :wave:
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,361
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    Name changes shouldn't be allowed....too confusing!

neither should avatar changes ;)

my sister in law won't be getting power until sunday at the earliest. it's fucking cold tonight!

my buddy's house in lbi has some serious damage. it was good to be back at work today finally. the wife heads back tomorrow.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    wish I could get back to work. I have power but work is out....Just sitting around waiting for the call to come in blows. I want to go to the movies or something!
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    Name changes shouldn't be allowed....too confusing!

neither should avatar changes ;)

:|
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • Options
    curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,321
    Power out since 5:00 Monday. Pretty much the entire county went out, our town was completely knocked out. No flood damage so far inland, but countless trees down. What looks like a tornado blasted a bunch of trees about a quarter of a mile from us.

We were lucky -- no damage to us or to property. Our house is w/o power, heat, water for who knows how long. Some people are being told to expect 18 days of cold, which is just nuts. It is getting colder -- temperatures in the 20s at night predicted for the weekend. There are power trucks everywhere, but I think getting light and heat back by Monday at our house is optimistic. Fortunately places that ARE open are being very tolerant of squatters and phone-chargers.

The gas shortages they are talking about on the news are real; I've never seen lines like that before. I have half a tank, my husband (who refused to top off his tank before the storm hit) was lucky enough to be driving by a gas station last night just as it reopened, so he is in good shape. People in New Jersey generally are on their best behavior (I waited 45 minutes in line with hundreds of good-humored, well-behaved people at Starbucks yesterday) -- but it is getting ugly at the gas stations.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    I really feel for the people in NJ. I work for one of the power companies and almost ALL of our 1.1 million customers in NJ were out, slowly getting people back on, but I know they are dealing with a lot of flooding and can't even get to a lot of the damaged equipment.
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    no work again today. My power was off less than 24 hours....work has been out since Monday afternoon. CL& P saying maybe out till Sunday.
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    I really feel for the people in NJ. I work for one of the power companies and almost ALL of our 1.1 million customers in NJ were out, slowly getting people back on, but I know they are dealing with a lot of flooding and can't even get to a lot of the damaged equipment.

Did you get power back in your house yet?
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,321
    fucking atm's don't work in the banks around me.....

good thing i took out some extra cash on sunday....although its dwindling

Uh-oh. That's a situation I didn't envision... what happens when they can't refill the ATMs?!?

Yikes.

haha...my wife made me take out a shitload of cash on saturday just to be safe :lol:

We wives are funny like that. ;) My husband the eternal optimist would not take out cash or top off his gas tank, thought I was being silly because the storm would not be that bad, power out maybe a day if at all.

I think next time he will listen to me.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    boardwalk is gone .
    my life has been severly altered and changed.
    i'm physically ok out on eastern long island,
    with no power
    ( like 7 million others )
    i'm only on this cuz we are plugged into a car lighter.

so im just checking in to say hello.
    dont know where i'll be a day from now ,
    or in time

:wave:
    Good to hear you made it through ok Andrew. The Rockaways won't be the same for a long, long time. Same with most of the coastal waters in the NJ & NY area :cry: .

I flew into NYC from Miami friday before the storm to make sure all would be ok at mom's house in Astoria. My brother lost power on L.I.( about 50% lost power on L.I.) & it's a 3+ hr drive with all the traffic now. No sense making the trip if I'm there. Not too bad here by mom's. Now it'll be a while before I'm able to get back to Florida flying stand-by, but at least we have power & heat here.

My thoughts & prayers are with all the people who were affect by this terrible storm.
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,347
    Fucking A 1st day back to work today my house got hit by 60foot oak on monday around 5:30 took out my daughters room , bathroom and my sons room a branch went thru hi's celing the chimmney for my heat furnace was also knocked down this is the worst thing i have gone thru in my life , its really hard to concentrate on anything here at work .........
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Fucking A 1st day back to work today my house got hit by 60foot oak on monday around 5:30 took out my daughters room , bathroom and my sons room a branch went thru hi's celing the chimmney for my heat furnace was also knocked down this is the worst thing i have gone thru in my life , its really hard to concentrate on anything here at work .........

:shock:

i can only imangine
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146

damn jose, i'm so sorry...but glad you and your family is ok...was starting to worry about you
  • Options
    I'm so sorry :( Glad your family is safe.
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • Options
    norm wrote:
    laguardia
    tumblr_mcprmruKS81qz581wo1_500.png

Doesn't look like I'll be leaving Laguardia flying stand-by any time soon :fp: .

I'm trying to get back to Florida to get "AWAY" from the hurricane damage :crazy: .
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • Options
    iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    I'm very sorry
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Options
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

nope.

I feel very fortunate though after hearing/seeing what others are going through. and seeing the forecast on Monday that we were in a direct line of the storm right after NJ. I really think my area dodged the bullet.
  • Options

dang that has to be hard. I am glad you are all safe.
  • Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    nope.

I feel very fortunate though after hearing/seeing what others are going through. and seeing the forecast on Monday that we were in a direct line of the storm right after NJ. I really think my area dodged the bullet.[/quote]

Glad to hear that everyone is safe and that there's no damage to your new home. Hope they get you back up and running soon!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    thanks Mama. Having the power out is a minor inconvenience.

I think the news out of NJ is going to get a lot worse, keep in mind that rescuers are still trying to get to places.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,354
    sorry,for that..astleast you are safe...
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,347

thanks family all good ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
  • Options

thanks family all good ...
    good to read that..
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    the co-workers in my office fared well this storm...but many of the students have lost their homes :( Most of them can't go back for a week or more to even survey the damage. Really really heartbreaking.

• Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    the co-workers in my office fared well this storm...but many of the students have lost their homes :( Most of them can't go back for a week or more to even survey the damage. Really really heartbreaking.
    Thoughts are with you all cbg, from over the globe!!
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    morello wrote:
    Thoughts are with you all cbg, from over the globe!!
    Thanks morello. I'm glad that they are and their families are safe...the school is pulling together some support for them.

• Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057

OHHHHH MAN FUCK ME......i know its cliche.....but thank god nobody was killed

sorry dude ..this fucking storm really changed alot of lives forever....truly amazing

all the best man ...glad you and the family are ok
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    ..this fucking storm really changed alot of lives forever....truly amazing
    i was thinking the same,reading this thread and facebook posts from friends...