Options

FRANKENSTORM IS HERE!!!!!! GOOD LUCK EAST COAST

Comments

• Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,619
    It's windy
  • Options
    LoulouLoulou Adelaide Posts: 6,247
    called for more information...the mayor's office isn't sure where the dam is in relation to us :roll: We asked if we should leave...they said we're on higher ground than the neighbors that were evacuated, but there's no guarantee if our road will flood out or not, but they don't recommend us going out on the roads....um ok :? not really feeling better.
    yeah that doesnt really sound very helpful. :roll:
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • Options
    comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    Loulou wrote:
    called for more information...the mayor's office isn't sure where the dam is in relation to us :roll: We asked if we should leave...they said we're on higher ground than the neighbors that were evacuated, but there's no guarantee if our road will flood out or not, but they don't recommend us going out on the roads....um ok :? not really feeling better.
    yeah that doesnt really sound very helpful. :roll:
    Decided the best solution is to get drunk. Scrounged up a bottle of Cape May's finest Victorian White that was gifted to me last year. Then at least we won't care what happens :lol:
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,361

where abouts do you live again?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

in cherry hill right on the border of cherry hill and haddonfield, near the Erlton section (which always floods)...an offshoot from Cooper River runs right behind us and that's what might flood out

• Options
    LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539

in cherry hill right on the border of cherry hill and haddonfield, near the Erlton section (which always floods)...an offshoot from Cooper River runs right behind us and that's what might flood out
    There's a White Castle in cherry hill right? :mrgreen:
  • Options

oh okay. i have a few friends from work who live right in that area too.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    every major road in and around philadelphia is closed.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    LloydXmas wrote:
    There's a White Castle in cherry hill right? :mrgreen:
    hmmmm...good question...I have no idea :lol:

• Options
    marcosmarcos Posts: 2,111

It's better to be safe then sorry as it will get worse.
  • Options

oh okay. i have a few friends from work who live right in that area too.
    Ok just talked to my dad, who was much more helpful than the mayor's office :roll: The dam has broken before and apparently the water should flow away from us, so we should be ok. Thanks dad!

All the bridges are closed too :?

• Options

Crazy shit. Wind just picked up big time.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,047
    edited October 2012
    So when is the hurricane going to hit? Thought this was going to be the "big one'". So far I ain't seeing it. I've seen worse (snowstorms included). :roll: :corn:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Meg8686Meg8686 Posts: 1,234
    Heres a great weather site I use. Images taken straight from the satellites .it shows the next few hours weather, damn accurate too. http://www.weatherplaza.com/?region=NAM-NOE
    Sometimes I speak of nothing at all.
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    Comeback and Zoso-hang in there!

House down the road is completely on fire. Not sure why. Trees cracking all around and the wind gusts are crazy. My house is made of brick and its feeling the wind.

I not too worried, but there are a couple of 40 ft pines that are swaying big time.
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    The FDNY is reporting a major 6 story building collapse at 14th st and 8th ave in Manhattan. Thankfully no members are reported to be trapped inside.
  • Options
    marcosmarcos Posts: 2,111
    So when is the hurricane going to hit? Thought this was going to be the "big one'". So far I ain't seeing it. I've seen worse (snowstorms included). :roll: :corn:

It's no longer a hurricane, now just a tropical storm thing. I thought they would change it as it hasn't been that bad at all.
  • Options
    norm wrote:
    The FDNY is reporting a major 6 story building collapse at 14th st and 8th ave in Manhattan. Thankfully no members are reported to be trapped inside.
    I think thats a parking garage. Not sure.
  • Options
    Get_Right wrote:

House down the road is completely on fire. Not sure why. Trees cracking all around and the wind gusts are crazy. My house is made of brick and its feeling the wind.

I not too worried, but there are a couple of 40 ft pines that are swaying big time.
    Thank you!

Pines have shallow roots too. Hope you are safe.

Oh man Norm - that's crazy about the building collapse :(

• Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    this is wild

http://hint.fm/wind/
  • Options
    Looks like it wasn't a whole building collapse. The front of an apartment building literally fell off though.

http://img.ly/p5Ik
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,792
    Glad to hear everyone reporting in so far are OK. Hang in there, friends!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Get_Right wrote:

Thank you!

Pines have shallow roots too. Hope you are safe.

Oh man Norm - that's crazy about the building collapse :(
    so far so good "knocking on wood"
    you guys will be OK
    NYC yeah build bullshit condos and stuff might fall off it it aint done by September :lol::lol:
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    edited October 2012
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Looks like it wasn't a whole building collapse. The front of an apartment building literally fell off though.

http://img.ly/p5Ik

that doesn't look like storm damage...that looks like bad construction
    the other facades are standing tall
    Post edited by pjradio on
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    I'd just like to say - wine really does make everything better. Had half a glass and I don't care about Sandy at all anymore :oops: :lol:

• Options
    I'd just like to say - wine really does make everything better. Had half a glass and I don't care about Sandy at all anymore :oops: :lol:
    :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632

booze is key to riding this out
  • Options
    :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
    :mrgreen:

Trick-or-treating has been rescheduled to Friday in our town

• Options
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

booze is key to riding this out
    I was not a believer - but now I believe! :lol:

• Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,495
    Con Ed has begun shutting off electrical service to Lower Manhattan.