Options

FRANKENSTORM IS HERE!!!!!! GOOD LUCK EAST COAST

Comments

• Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    quick question...

does anyone feel more informed by having some dumb bastard report live from the middle of the hurricane? if so, explain because it fucking baffles me why anyone (besides the media) thinks it's helpful
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:
    Fairfield police going heavy duty on the vehicles.

554189_10151310691893385_73656101_n.jpg
    :shock:
    "In the age of darkness
    want to be enlightened"
  • Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    norm wrote:
    quick question...

does anyone feel more informed by having some dumb bastard report live from the middle of the hurricane? if so, explain because it fucking baffles me why anyone (besides the media) thinks it's helpful

i personally get an outside feel for whats going on

so yes to me its helpful
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    marcosmarcos Posts: 2,111
    norm wrote:
    quick question...

so yes to me its helpful

I agree, you do get a much better feel.

Plus they teach you how to stand in storms properly with a microphone in meteorologist school; that and how to read computer reports.
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    Good luck you all in the NE. Be safe.
    Here in south florida, we didint even get hit but felt the extreme outskirts of the storm, and there was some flooding and insane ocean conditions. I think the storm coupled with the full moon made for extreme tide variances. it was freaky.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    My mom called me about 2 hours ago and told me power had gone out at our house (NYC 'burb), and just got word that my school is cancelled tomorrow. And what we've seen isn't even close to the worst. This storm is crazy!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,102
    I want the outside feel too, especially when it pertains to power and so on, though I can most of the same information from keeping twitter up.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    cubBEE_girlcubBEE_girl Waiting for next year... Posts: 3,365
    Be safe everyone!
    I lost a bet...
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    It's wet and windy out folks. That is all.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    Wind just intensified :? Fuck
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,942
    norm wrote:
    quick question...

so yes to me its helpful
    QFT
    I want the outside feel too, especially when it pertains to power and so on, though I can most of the same information from keeping twitter up.
    QFT

Stay safe everyone
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    marcos wrote:
    norm wrote:
    quick question...

so yes to me its helpful

I agree, you do get a much better feel.

Plus they teach you how to stand in storms properly with a microphone in meteorologist school; that and how to read computer reports.

I'm kinda with norm on this...if a person hasn't been to an area, and they have a guy standing in a raincoat with stuff blowing around, he might as well be on a Hollywood movie set. I have never been to the Jersey Shore, the shot you are showing me with the water crashing on the wall...I don't know how big/high the water usually is, since they don't show shots from that viewpoint on a normal day.

Show me what it looks like on a normal day, THEN show me what it looks like now...THEN I can understand the enormity of the storm.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    Not too bad here in Northern Westchester NY.
    Lights have flickered a couple of times. :evil:
    Shit is just getting started.
    Good thing Im ready for two days of no power!
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,357
    pjhawks wrote:
    jfk blvd, sea isle city this morning....12 hours before eye hits:

486173_10151255364080218_1491372750_n2-465x250.jpg

yes pictures from shores look crazy already. JFK is about 2 or 3 blocks from the beach too isn't it? nuts. stay safe all.

it goes from the bridge to the promenade. that pic is right on landis, 2 blocks off.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    RKCNDY wrote:

I'm kinda with norm on this...if a person hasn't been to an area, and they have a guy standing in a raincoat with stuff blowing around, he might as well be on a Hollywood movie set. I have never been to the Jersey Shore, the shot you are showing me with the water crashing on the wall...I don't know how big/high the water usually is, since they don't show shots from that viewpoint on a normal day.

Show me what it looks like on a normal day, THEN show me what it looks like now...THEN I can understand the enormity of the storm.
    normal day is what you see on the jersey shore tv show. this storm is gonna cause record storm surges, meaning major flooding in jersey shore causing millions of dollars in damages.

not to bad where i live. cousin of mine in port jeff station says all she can hear sirens, another cousin who lives in mastic he's transformer blew.

• Options
    wind is howling....watching fox29 in cape may--waves have never been this high down there. good god man!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Maybe this storm will blow ARod's ass out of NYC. :lol:
  • Options
    20 ft waves! 6ft is considered big
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    wind is howling....watching fox29 in cape may--waves have never been this high down there. good god man!

was watching that too, flipping between all the Philly stations. And its getting worse here, lot more wind
  • Options
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

was watching that too, flipping between all the Philly stations. And its getting worse here, lot more wind

yeah...where are you at?

eye's supposed to hit in next hour to hour and a half somewhere near ac...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    hang in there, folks
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Wow this is a bad one ...
    hope everyone is bunkered down and this passes quickly.

Thoughts and prayers...
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    Ocean Grove Pier, NJ....no shit here

w72q9.jpg
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

yeah...where are you at?

near Reading, you?

listening to NJ Gov Christie news conference chastise people that did not evacuate, basically telling them they are SOL, the state won't be able to get to them until tomorrow. wow.
  • Options
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

near Reading, you?

listening to NJ Gov Christie news conference chastise people that did not evacuate, basically telling them they are SOL, the state won't be able to get to them until tomorrow. wow.
    i love how he put the mayor of Atlantic city on blast

• Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    kcnkj.jpg

AC, New Jersey

Boardwalk?...What boardwalk?
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    closing down the interstate highways around Phila at 7pm until 2am
  • Options
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

yeah...where are you at?

near Reading, you?

collegeville...yeah apparently the ac mayor told people to stay in the city when christie was telling them to leave. saw that about 40% of people stayed. idiots.

looks like it made landfall in ac. 90 mph winds....gusts up over 120mph. supposed to run through almost the entire state of pennsylvania
    chinese-happy.jpg