Options

** Lollapalooza Pre|Post Parties & Fundraisers **

Comments

• Options
    distantsundistantsun Posts: 265
    RyFly wrote:
    Not to be a downer, but unless you are f*cking superman, going three whole days at Lolla is going to wipe your ass out. I guarantee no one is going to be up for a booze cruise or anything major after PJ on Sunday. Lolla was the most fun, but grueling three days of the past two summers. and I'm in decent shape.

I love the enthusiasm, but all this talk about the 4-5 o'clock bars is a bit foolish if you seriously want to see any of the festival. If you are only in town to see PJ, that's a differnt story, but I HIGHLY suggest seeing as many acts a possible, it's an amazing weekend.

-peace!

this guy is a genius.
    this post has been approved by grace6697.
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,809
    Foxy Mop wrote:
    Yeah, a lot of people seem to agree with you too! Me, I'm all jazzed after a show so I could hang for hours, but I know a lot of people are going to be tired from partying all weekend.

So.. according to the poll;

8/2 - Thursday Night 11.61% (13)
    8/3 - Friday Afternoon 2.68% (3)
    8/3 - Friday Night 7.14% (8)
    8/4 - Saturday Afternoon 6.25% (7)
    8/4 - Saturday Night 30.36% (34)
    8/5 - Sunday Afternoon (pre-show) 6.25% (7)
    8/5 - Sunday Night (post-show) 29.46% (33)
    I won't be attending the party/fundraiser 6.25% (7)

Saturday is leading by 1 vote.

What I think we may end up doing is this;

Have a party Saturday night that will include fundraiser raffle, merch, etc. We are hoping to get a double decker bus to transport people to the bar (cause there's nothing in the near vacinity of Grant Park that's a) close and b) packed to the gills)

Then Sunday we can meet at the same place.. get the bus going, but not do the fundraiser portion (cause doing 2 nights will be difficult for us) so, a general hang out spot!
    ok im too ignorant stupid and lazy to read the past few pages......but i have a question...

do you already have a bar picked out for saturday???
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,813
    ok im too ignorant stupid and lazy to read the past few pages......but i have a question...

do you already have a bar picked out for saturday???

We're looking at Joe's, but have to get a hold of them. Do you have a recommendation? :)
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • Options
    haffajappahaffajappa British Columbia Posts: 5,955
    can under-agers get into said bar?
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    can under-agers get into said bar?

I told you . . . Fake ID :D:p
    NERDS!
  • Options
    yes yes i know!
    but i need to figure out if ic an save myself the trouble... it'll be hard finding someone who doesnt wanna drive for an entire weekend.
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    yes yes i know!
    but i need to figure out if ic an save myself the trouble... it'll be hard finding someone who doesnt wanna drive for an entire weekend.

Have them lose it and give them money for a new ID.
    NERDS!
  • Options
    StrykerStryker Upstate, NY Posts: 585
    I vote Saturday night.
  • Options
    KushikushunKushikushun Posts: 1,263
    Jeez, I just posted a thread on Lolla-parties and didnt see this one... :rolleyes:. I am sorry!

So hmm, coming from the Netherlands I hope we will find out where all the action is gonna be. Will probably meet laods of you at the front!

p.s. Really want to see some of the famous ppl on here...!
    Why not be mediocre and be the best at it that you can be?
  • Options
    Detroit2NYCDetroit2NYC New York, NY Posts: 337
    I'll be there no matter what night it is. I have stamina for days...I'll have plenty of time to sleep when I'm dead!

Bring on the festivities!! :D
  • Options
    CaptainCalli24CaptainCalli24 Queens, NY Posts: 326
    where are they planning this event?? any idea how much?? and where its going to be??
    Nassau 4/30/03
    Irving Plaza 5/5/06
    Continental 6/1/06 6/3/06
    Chicago 8/5/07
    Camden2 6/20/08
    MSG 6/24/08 6/25/08
    Beacon Theatre 7/1/08
    Philly 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    Hartford 5/15/10
    Newark 5/18/10
    MSG 5/20/10, 5/21/10
    Alpine Valley 9/3/11, 9/3/12
    Wrigley 7/19/13
    Brooklyn 10/18/13, 10/19/13
    Philly 10/21/13
    Hartford 10/25/13
    Seattle 12/6/13
    Colbert 9/23/15
    Central Park 9/26/15
    Philly 4/28/16, 4/29/16
    MSG 5/1/16, 5/2/16
    Fenway 8/5/16, 8/7/16, 8/2/18, 8/4/18
    Asbury Park 9/18/21
    Apollo 9/10/22
    Chicago 9/5/23,9/7/23
  • Options
    LukinTimerLukinTimer Posts: 538
    Hey Foxy-licious...

Rock on, I think that sounds like a great plan. Two nights of partying is always better than one!! I'll be there Sunday night too -- I'll just be more fun on Saturday. (-;

Lovin' the bus idea... also good to pick one place for both nights, that way we have a hang joint. Hmm, have you done this before? (-;

If you need any help, just let me know. I may have a poster to donate for the auction. I'm coming in from LA late Thur night, and am now staying until Monday afternoon!! Yeah, bring on the PJ!!!
    Foxy Mop wrote:
    Yeah, a lot of people seem to agree with you too! Me, I'm all jazzed after a show so I could hang for hours, but I know a lot of people are going to be tired from partying all weekend.

So.. according to the poll;

8/2 - Thursday Night 11.61% (13)
    8/3 - Friday Afternoon 2.68% (3)
    8/3 - Friday Night 7.14% (8)
    8/4 - Saturday Afternoon 6.25% (7)
    8/4 - Saturday Night 30.36% (34)
    8/5 - Sunday Afternoon (pre-show) 6.25% (7)
    8/5 - Sunday Night (post-show) 29.46% (33)
    I won't be attending the party/fundraiser 6.25% (7)

Saturday is leading by 1 vote.

What I think we may end up doing is this;

Have a party Saturday night that will include fundraiser raffle, merch, etc. We are hoping to get a double decker bus to transport people to the bar (cause there's nothing in the near vacinity of Grant Park that's a) close and b) packed to the gills)

Then Sunday we can meet at the same place.. get the bus going, but not do the fundraiser portion (cause doing 2 nights will be difficult for us) so, a general hang out spot!
    "Holly f**k, that was so amazing, I just forgot who I came here to see!!" - Courtesy of the guy in the U2 t-shirt standing next to me in Aloha Stadium, Post PJ
  • Options
    I am down for Sunday - post show + 2
    Julio's Top 5

1. Sad
    2. In My Tree
    3. Red Mosquito
    4. Do The Evolution
    5. I Got Shit

www.myspace.com/messmergrad00
  • Options
    ECMECM Posts: 1,687

don't you sell them to all the local high school kids?
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    isnt getting caught with fake id a huge deal in teh states?
  • Options
    Saturday is a good idea though, that way we all know eachother when we are at the front :)
  • Options
    daughter68daughter68 Posts: 97
    Yeah, we will be coming in on Saturday and will be looking forward to a pre-party that night. My husband and I went to our first one in Grand Rapids and had a blast, met some really cool people and even won some cool PJ stuff. Foxy Mop it is really cool of you to organize these, it has to be a lot of work.
  • Options
    So the Lolla people finally got back to Jeannette and basically said that nonprofits can't accept donations/exchange money/sell stuff, nor can they hand out any literature or flyers - which basically rules out us having a tent for obvious reasons.

The fundraiser will be held on Saturday, as per the consensus from the vote. Sunday and Friday there'll be parties that we'll all meet up at too.

The Saturday location we're working hard on - trying to find a bar that's a) walking distance, b) can hold enough people and c) willing to let us have a fundraising table. Sounds easy - but it's a lot of waiting for callbacks from the bar people. We hope to have a bar nailed down in the next three days!

Check the summary thread for more info on the other parties too!

Laura
    Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥
  • Options
    jamestr1jamestr1 Posts: 185
    Foxy Mop wrote:
    So the Lolla people finally got back to Jeannette and basically said that nonprofits can't accept donations/exchange money/sell stuff, nor can they hand out any literature or flyers - which basically rules out us having a tent for obvious reasons.

The fundraiser will be held on Saturday, as per the consensus from the vote. Sunday and Friday there'll be parties that we'll all meet up at too.

The Saturday location we're working hard on - trying to find a bar that's a) walking distance, b) can hold enough people and c) willing to let us have a fundraising table. Sounds easy - but it's a lot of waiting for callbacks from the bar people. We hope to have a bar nailed down in the next three days!

Check the summary thread for more info on the other parties too!

Laura

I went to Lolla a few years ago, when it was still a traveling thing, it was at the Marcus in Milwaukee. I went walking around and there was a whole section of activism stuff. From t-shirts, to Tom Morello's stuff, to just about everything and everybody. I don't understand why you can't set up a booth thing. Oh well, it would have been cool.
  • Options
    NickyNoochNickyNooch Posts: 629
    bostonlou wrote:
    i think a kissing booth is a great idea

You have funny stuff on every post haha. Back to the big brother thread :)

9/17/95-New Orleans,LA 8/14/00-New Orleans,LA 4/8/03-New Orleans,LA 4/13/03-Tampa,FL 10/8/04-Kissimmee,FL 8/5/07-Chicago,IL 6/16/08-Columbia,SC 6/23/09-(EV Solo)Atlanta,GA 5/1/10-New Orleans,LA 9/21/12-Pensacola,FL 11/1/13-New Orleans,LA 4/11/16-Tampa,FL  4/23/16-New Orleans,LA

• Options
    bostonloubostonlou Posts: 2,849
    NickyNooch wrote:
    You have funny stuff on every post haha. Back to the big brother thread :)

don't encourage me ;)
    Don't Believe Everything You Think
  • Options
    jamestr wrote:
    I went to Lolla a few years ago, when it was still a traveling thing, it was at the Marcus in Milwaukee. I went walking around and there was a whole section of activism stuff. From t-shirts, to Tom Morello's stuff, to just about everything and everybody. I don't understand why you can't set up a booth thing. Oh well, it would have been cool.

Well we could've set up a booth, but we aren't allowed to exchange money or hand out any literature. So... unless we'd be doing a puppet show, art exhibition or lecture of some sorts, there's no real point for us to do one :)

They are trying to make the festival greener by eliminating paper and other waste. As for exchanging money, I have no idea why.
    Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥
  • Options
    Detroit2NYCDetroit2NYC New York, NY Posts: 337
    Foxy Mop wrote:
    Well we could've set up a booth, but we aren't allowed to exchange money or hand out any literature. So... unless we'd be doing a puppet show, art exhibition or lecture of some sorts, there's no real point for us to do one :)

They are trying to make the festival greener by eliminating paper and other waste. As for exchanging money, I have no idea why.

Aww, come on! I would have TOTALLY been on board for a puppet show!! ;):D
  • Options
    We officially have our fundraiser location!!

When:
    8:00 - Early Arrival
    11:45 - 1st Raffle
    12:15 AM - musical guest
    1:00 - Final Raffle

Where:
    The Emerald Loop
    216 N. Wabash (Corner of Wabash and Wacker in the Historic 35 East Wacker Building)
    312-263-0200

Overview:
    5 or 10 minute walk, depending on where you are in Grant Park. 21 and over. Seating for 200, outdoor cafe holds 80. Working on drink/food specials. Cuisine:American Traditional, Bar Food, Irish/Brit/Scott. Accepts all major credit cards.

Public Transportation:
    CTA bus (134, 135, 136, 145, 146), Red Line train (State & Lake), Brown Line train (State & Lake), Green Line train (State & Lake), Purple Line train (State & Lake), Orange Line train (State & Lake), Metra train (Millennium station), Cabs plentiful, Also, Pink Line at State & Lake

Directions :
    1: Start out going NORTH on N MICHIGAN AVE toward E RANDOLPH ST. 0.2 miles
    2: Turn LEFT onto E LAKE ST. <0.1 miles
    3: Turn RIGHT onto N WABASH AVE. <0.1 miles
    4: End at 216 N Wabash Ave., Chicago, IL 60601

Live Entertainment:
    TBA

Fundraiser Items:

Fundraiser Raffle Items & Door Prizes:
    Tentatively held at 11:45 PM
    • Flight to Mars VIP party messenger bag, donated by Wishlist Foundation

Raffle Ticket Prices:
    3 tickets for $5
    8 tickets for $10

Fundraiser Auction Items:
    • TBD

Raffle/Auction Donations Needed!
    If you have bootlegs, t-shirts, posters, stickers or any other cool PJ related stuff you'd like to donate, please PM Foxy Mop or luvistower!

Fan Scrapbook:
    $5 for half a page
    $10 for one full side of a page
    $20 for a whole page, 2 sides/front & back

Membership Drive:
    Wishlist Foundation will be accepting membership sign-ups

Green Light Bulb Campaign:
    TBA

Who:
    1. Foxy Mop / Laura
    2. luvistower
    3. Evil Closet Monkey / Eric

Post your RSVP here! Hope to see lots of you there! :D
    Check the 1st post, which will stay updated :)

Laura :D

*edit*

2:00AM
    Puppetshow by Detroit2NYC ;)
    Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥
  • Options
    ok now I'm super duper psyched :D

Don't forget to RSVP here!
    Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥
  • Options
    updated the RSVPs... correctly, I think..trying to keep the roll call list separate from the summary thread :D
    Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥
  • Options
    bump, because we got e-VIC-uated down the list.

(yeah, bad, I know :o)
    Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥
  • Options
    jendufjenduf Posts: 43
    Foxt Mop..

Add Vedderlover... HAHA Jenny - Omaha in + 1 Ed..

Thanks for all your hard work... We all love you for it!!!
  • Options
    So its going to be early in the morning then...I thought it would be in the evening? But no problem, we can make it!

:D
  • Options
    stew2310stew2310 Posts: 19
    I may not have been around here too long but I'm in. Is it ok to bring two other PJ junkies?
    8/27/00 Saratoga, 9/28/05 Pittsburgh w/ The Stones, 6/23/06 Pittsburgh, Lollapalooza 07

"You're throwing joints on stage! maybe I should insult you some more"-Ed in Pittsburgh '06

"George Bush find yourself another home"