Options

** Lollapalooza Pre|Post Parties & Fundraisers **

Comments

• Options
    I'm glad you got the info Foxy! I'll be in the bar after our game tomorrow night and can see if I can get some information. If someone can let me know what specifics you would like I can pass them along and see what they can do. Since the bar is open til 5am on Saturday night....that would leave only 4-5 hours to kill before the Lolla gates open at 10am-ish on Sunday!
    "Not bad for a kid from Chicago" - EV......
  • Options
    CateetoCateeto Posts: 377
    Awesome! I'd like to help. Anybody need me? :D
  • Options
    I think anything that we do will be great. I bought a ticket for Lolla, but I would be happy to volunteer. Do we know if Evil Closet is going to be there? If he is we need to go to a ball game with him, Boston Lou, myself, and Nixon!!!

Rodger

http://www.wishlistfoundation.com

Munich, Katowice, Venice, London......

LOLLA....

ALL PEARL JAM ALL THE TIME!
    There is NO time like the present to get ripped apart.

Chicago 95
    Alpine 98
    Indy and Alpine 00
    St. Louis, Champaign, Chicago, Indy 03
    St. Louis 04
    Thuderbay 05
    Chicago 1 and 2, Pitt, Cincy, Las Vegas, Portland, Gorge 1 and 2, Hawaii 06
    Lolla 07
    Hartford, Boston 1 and 2 08
  • Options
    Detroit2NYCDetroit2NYC New York, NY Posts: 337
    Rodger3478 wrote:
    I think anything that we do will be great. I bought a ticket for Lolla, but I would be happy to volunteer. Do we know if Evil Closet is going to be there? If he is we need to go to a ball game with him, Boston Lou, myself, and Nixon!!!

Rodger

LOLLA....

Oh, I see how it goes, no T-money invite, eh??

;)
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    Oh, I see how it goes, no T-money invite, eh??

;)
    how can anyone leave out t is beyond me
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    luvisatowerluvisatower Posts: 1,078
    ontheporch wrote:
    I'm glad you got the info Foxy! I'll be in the bar after our game tomorrow night and can see if I can get some information. If someone can let me know what specifics you would like I can pass them along and see what they can do. Since the bar is open til 5am on Saturday night....that would leave only 4-5 hours to kill before the Lolla gates open at 10am-ish on Sunday!
    ontheporch, please check yer PM's

and cateeto!!! of course we need you :)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Get it now, get enough, before its gone, let's everybody carry on, carry on....
    www.wishlistfoundation.org
    WE WANT YOU!!!!
    join the street team
    http://wishlistfoundation.fancorps.com

"headphones are highly recommended...." Jeff Ament
  • Options
    Rodger3478 wrote:

Rodger

LOLLA....

Sorry this has nothing to do with your post but... You live in Elburn!?! I didn't think a real soul lived there... That's right near me. There's actually life there! Words cannot explain to you how amazed I am....

Okay proceed with Lollapalooza talk. :p
  • Options
    luvistower wrote:
    ontheporch, please check yer PM's

and cateeto!!! of course we need you :)
    Just give me a job and I'll do it! But no prostitution please :p And I don't want the shitty job that no one else wants either :D Oh hell, just give me a good job :D:D:D
  • Options
    I actually live in a small town called Kaneville, but I have an Elburn mailing address.. Fucking weid... Anyways, T-money you are invited to the game as well. I would love to see you in a nice tight cubbies or Mets shirt... The tighter the better....

I know that Boston Lou would love it....
    There is NO time like the present to get ripped apart.

Chicago 95
    Alpine 98
    Indy and Alpine 00
    St. Louis, Champaign, Chicago, Indy 03
    St. Louis 04
    Thuderbay 05
    Chicago 1 and 2, Pitt, Cincy, Las Vegas, Portland, Gorge 1 and 2, Hawaii 06
    Lolla 07
    Hartford, Boston 1 and 2 08
  • Options
    Rodger3478 wrote:
    I actually live in a small town called Kaneville, but I have an Elburn mailing address.. Fucking weid...

I think I've actually drove through that town before... Middle of absolutely nowhere, right? Haha. Anyway, cool to have ya nearby.
  • Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    as long as i dont miss out on any of the music id be willing to help out... i cant wait!!!! this is gonna be the best part of the whole summer for sure
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    KDH12KDH12 Posts: 2,095
    Foxy Mop wrote:
    a booze cruise would definitely be fun - maybe Friday night if the lineup sucks? (When's the friday cubs game?)

Awesome CRAWL... we'll definitely hit you up for helping out. We like new blood... muwhaaahaa! ;):D

K.. you're such a city hermit! :p

My friend Bill mentioned, via IM, a bar three blocks west of Lolla called the South Loop Club....they're open til 5 on Friday and Saturday and 4 on Sunday. They sponsor his softball team so I think he knows the peeps there.. http://metromix.chicagotribune.com/search/28808,0,1998483.venue

Ahhh man the South Loop Club.....they have an excellent veggie burger get it SLC style. I am sure the beef is pretty good if that is your sort of thing I use to hang out there all the time cause I went to college next door.... anyways it is not a bad place the owner and manger are jerks

Yes I am a hermit and do not take me out of my shell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
    **CUBS GO ALL THE WAY IN......never **
  • Options
    Someone here needs to push me off the fence I'm sittin on....to go or not to go? Went to that damn Lolla last year and PJ never showed up!

C'mon my peeps....help me out here!

Somebody needs to win all the raffle prizes. ;-)
  • Options
    AvocadoLadyAvocadoLady Posts: 680
    Someone here needs to push me off the fence I'm sittin on....to go or not to go? Went to that damn Lolla last year and PJ never showed up!

Did you have fun last year? Just imagine...as awesome as last year, but now with 100% more Pearl Jam!
    "What happens when so many people agree on something? Can we take this beyond the parking lot when we leave tonight?" -EV, Iconoclasts
  • Options

Well this year they are DEFINITELY there so you best be on your way over here :D:D:D And besides, I'll be there... What person would dare miss a festival while I'm there? :p
  • Options
    luvisatowerluvisatower Posts: 1,078

YES!
    you need to come so i can buy you 2-3-4-5 beverages to thank you again for hooking me up last year for LOLLA!

so there. it's settled.
    you're coming to this
    Get it now, get enough, before its gone, let's everybody carry on, carry on....
    www.wishlistfoundation.org
    WE WANT YOU!!!!
    join the street team
    http://wishlistfoundation.fancorps.com

"headphones are highly recommended...." Jeff Ament
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    Has the Wishlist Foundation started supporting CCFA chapters in different communities, or is all the money collected nation/world wide still all for just the NW chapter?

I bring this up because I know it has been brought up in the past that many have felt these charities should support local CCFA chapters, not just send the money to the one chapter that Mike is member of. And I know in the past it was said that you only send money to the NW chapter because of Mike....but in his most recent letter I think he specifically made it a point to tell everyone outside of Seattle to support your local chapters.

For all you non-Seattleites, check out http://www.ccfa.org for more ways you can get involved in your own communities.
  • Options
    Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,813
    aNiMaL wrote:
    Has the Wishlist Foundation started supporting CCFA chapters in different communities, or is all the money collected nation/world wide still all for just the NW chapter?

I bring this up because I know it has been brought up in the past that many have felt these charities should support local CCFA chapters, not just send the money to the one chapter that Mike is member of. And I know in the past it was said that you only send money to the NW chapter because of Mike....but in his most recent letter I think he specifically made it a point to tell everyone outside of Seattle to support your local chapters.

For all you non-Seattleites, check out http://www.ccfa.org for more ways you can get involved in your own communities.

We have, and always will, primarily support the NW Chapter, but in addition to the NW Chapter, 10% of the proceeds from our previous poster sales will be donated to the Australian version of the CCFA (since the posters were for Australia) and other funds have also been donated to other CCFA chapters in the past as well.

We continue to expand on the variety of organizations we support. As I mentioned in the first post of this thread, we are looking to donate to an environmental organization.
    Foxy Mop wrote:
    We're planning on raising funds for the CCFA and an environmental organization - we need your input to choose which one!

At this stage of planning, we haven't decided yet if we will be donating a portion of the CCFA proceeds to the local CCFA chapter. :)

To see a sample list of other charities we support, visit: http://wishlistfoundation.com/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=10
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • Options
    edwhoedwho Posts: 811
    You know what Foxy we forgot to have a fundraiser at the movie premier. ;) what a bunch of Dum... :rolleyes:

*For a real treat, we should take everyone to some of the legendary 4 (or 5!) am bars in Chicago...Marie's Riptide, Carol's... :D

And don’t forget about the bars that open at 6:00 AM :D:D

Three Fish

July 1996 San Francisco

June 1999 Chicago

• Options
    KDH12 wrote:
    Ahhh man the South Loop Club.....they have an excellent veggie burger get it SLC style. I am sure the beef is pretty good if that is your sort of thing I use to hang out there all the time cause I went to college next door.... anyways it is not a bad place the owner and manger are jerks

Yes I am a hermit and do not take me out of my shell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Hehe well hopefully they will be nicer for us! You must come out!

Cateeto.. we will force you into manual labor! And Rodger will be the lineman

T.. don't you remember the Mariner's game? All we did was walk around and look at girls!
    Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    aNiMaL wrote:

What I'd like to see is more local chapters. I would love to be a part of something closer here in Western KY...but when I inquired, the only local chapter was in Middle KY.

Since then, that chapter has closed up and all the Kentucky fundraising goes through the Southern Indiana Chapter.

There is a chapter in Nashville, but that is two hours away. :(

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    KDH12KDH12 Posts: 2,095
    Foxy Mop wrote:
    Hehe well hopefully they will be nicer for us! You must come out!

Cateeto.. we will force you into manual labor! And Rodger will be the lineman

T.. don't you remember the Mariner's game? All we did was walk around and look at girls!

For sure I will be there.... although I am leaning towards only going to the festival on Sunday?!?
    **CUBS GO ALL THE WAY IN......never **
  • Options
    KDH12 wrote:
    For sure I will be there.... although I am leaning towards only going to the festival on Sunday?!?

I'm sure we can drag you along to a booze cruise if we do one ;)
    Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥
  • Options
    Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    edwho wrote:
    You know what Foxy we forgot to have a fundraiser at the movie premier. ;) what a bunch of Dum... :rolleyes:

And don’t forget about the bars that open at 6:00 AM :D:D
    I have to say you Chicago people are fucking excellent :)

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO on the ball already :) . I just can't wait for this and can't wait to meet all of you I haven't met yet... and those of you I have :)

sorry... just having one of those bursts of excitement... :D:D:D:D:D

Well I plan to be in Chicago from maybe the Wednesday til the Monday (I have to leave the Monday unfortunately :( ) and I'll certainly be out somewhere EVERY night so whoever's around :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    I have to say you Chicago people are fucking excellent :)

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO on the ball already :) . I just can't wait for this and can't wait to meet all of you I haven't met yet... and those of you I have :)

sorry... just having one of those bursts of excitement... :D:D:D:D:D

Well I plan to be in Chicago from maybe the Wednesday til the Monday (I have to leave the Monday unfortunately :( ) and I'll certainly be out somewhere EVERY night so whoever's around :)
    Well, we're excited to have you visit our beautiful city, and excited to meet you too! :) Have you been here before?

Dang, with all those smilies...I bet you're a lot of fun :D
    "What happens when so many people agree on something? Can we take this beyond the parking lot when we leave tonight?" -EV, Iconoclasts
  • Options
    Well, we're excited to have you visit our beautiful city, and excited to meet you too! :) Have you been here before?

Part of her name is beer. There ya go! ;)
    Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥
  • Options
    Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095

:D well we'll see :p

Nope I've never been to Chicago before and I really really can't wait. Been to NY and LA and that's it. Although I'm having serious trouble booking my flight today :( . The money's been taken off my card but the airline say they don't have it so I've no flight and after today I've no internet access for ten days so it's probably gonna go way up :eek:

Been pulling my hair out for the past 4 HOURS trying to sort it out :eek:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    :D well we'll see :p

Nope I've never been to Chicago before and I really really can't wait. Been to NY and LA and that's it. Although I'm having serious trouble booking my flight today :( . The money's been taken off my card but the airline say they don't have it so I've no flight and after today I've no internet access for ten days so it's probably gonna go way up :eek:

Been pulling my hair out for the past 4 HOURS trying to sort it out :eek:
    Eek! Well, good luck getting it sorted! :) We'll see ya in August!
  • Options
    RyFlyRyFly Brooklyn Posts: 42
    Not to be a downer, but unless you are f*cking superman, going three whole days at Lolla is going to wipe your ass out. I guarantee no one is going to be up for a booze cruise or anything major after PJ on Sunday. Lolla was the most fun, but grueling three days of the past two summers. and I'm in decent shape.

I love the enthusiasm, but all this talk about the 4-5 o'clock bars is a bit foolish if you seriously want to see any of the festival. If you are only in town to see PJ, that's a differnt story, but I HIGHLY suggest seeing as many acts a possible, it's an amazing weekend.

-peace!
    Ryan F.

Indianapolis 00, Chicago 03, Alpine Valley 03, Toledo 04, Grand Rapids 04, Chicago 06, Chicago 06, Grand Rapids 06, Cleveland 06, Milwaukee 06, Lollapalooza 07, Chicago 09, Chicago 09, Philadelphia 12, Brooklyn 13, Moline 14, New York 16, Brooklyn (Rock Hall of Fame) 17,
  • Options
    RyFly wrote:
    Not to be a downer, but unless you are f*cking superman, going three whole days at Lolla is going to wipe your ass out. I guarantee no one is going to be up for a booze cruise or anything major after PJ on Sunday. Lolla was the most fun, but grueling three days of the past two summers. and I'm in decent shape.

I love the enthusiasm, but all this talk about the 4-5 o'clock bars is a bit foolish if you seriously want to see any of the festival. If you are only in town to see PJ, that's a differnt story, but I HIGHLY suggest seeing as many acts a possible, it's an amazing weekend.

-peace!
    That's why you take Thursday, Friday, Monday, and Tuesday off work. ;)

Lolla comes but once a year!