Options

** Lollapalooza Pre|Post Parties & Fundraisers **

Comments

• Options
    Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    edwho wrote:
    :) I can’t wait :D I'm hosting the Irish ones in the new edwho Lollapalooza Hostel :) Helen, we need more smilies in Chicago threads :) Hurry back :eek: Kentucky? Toronto? waiting to hear back :D

~

So you have a sunset booze cruise on Thursday and afterwards you go a 5:00 AM bar. You close the 5:00 AM bar and than go to breakfast. After breakfast it’s off to a 6:00 AM bar for bloody marys. Head to Lollapalooza at 11:00 AM when gates open. Start rockin’ by Noon :) and repeat :p
    :D:D:D:D I think you and I are gonna get along just fine :):)

Besides IF the worst comes to the worst and it's tough for us to make it out early, it's no big deal, I'm not gonna kick myself over missing the early bands. I'm going for Pearl Jam but I love a festival atmosphere... but if there's better stuff going on elsewhere, I'm there. Sometimes it's best not to plan every second and just go with the flow :):)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    AvocadoLadyAvocadoLady Posts: 680
    please - it took me 3 weeks to recover from 5 days in Hawaii!!!!!!!
    3 days in Chicago - that's a piece of cake!!!!!!!!!
    wendy, I still haven't recovered from Hawaii! Just too amazing :)
    Foxy Mop wrote:
    toot toot trolley!
    Double decker!
    "What happens when so many people agree on something? Can we take this beyond the parking lot when we leave tonight?" -EV, Iconoclasts
  • Options
    theneugetheneuge Posts: 35
    So besides the boat ride are there any pre parties/fundraisers?
    StL 7/2/98, StL 10/11/00, NYC MSG 7/8/03, NYC MSG 7/9/03, Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Bridge School 10/21/2006, Bridge School 10/22/2006, Lollapalooza 08/5/06
    http://www.myspace.com/pearljamily
  • Options
    luvisatowerluvisatower Posts: 1,078
    theneuge wrote:
    we are working on it
    as soon as we get everything arranged, we'll let ya know
    check back often
    :)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Get it now, get enough, before its gone, let's everybody carry on, carry on....
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    www.wishlistfoundation.org
    WE WANT YOU!!!!
    join the street team
    http://wishlistfoundation.fancorps.com

"headphones are highly recommended...." Jeff Ament
  • Options
    LetiLeti Posts: 25
    edwho wrote:
    I can’t wait :D I'm hosting the Irish ones in the new edwho Lollapalooza Hostel Helen, we need more smilies in Chicago threads Hurry back :eek: Kentucky? Toronto? waiting to hear back

So you have a sunset booze cruise on Thursday and afterwards you go a 5:00 AM bar. You close the 5:00 AM bar and than go to breakfast. After breakfast it’s off to a 6:00 AM bar for bloody marys. Head to Lollapalooza at 11:00 AM when gates open. Start rockin’ by Noon :) and repeat :p

Sounds like an awesome plan to me! How do I make a reservation at the "edwho Lollapalooza Hostel" ?

Leti
    09.05.92 / 10.14.00 / 04.06.03 / 05.16.06 / 05.17.06

Leti
  • Options
    TeddyledbetterTeddyledbetter Seattle, WA Posts: 474
    I think that's a great idea.

Speedy make it happen.

As long as Speedy isn't driving the boat I'm in!
  • Options
    TangerineTangerine Posts: 880
    We are looking forward to this so much. Became complete PJ-addicts after last years Boston I show (after waiting 14 years to see them...duh!!! what WERE we thinking?)

We're definitely in for whatever you guys have planned be it a fundraiser cruise or PJ parties/fundraisers at whatever bar/club, we are there. The only other band I have to see (hubbie excluded but he has to be there for obvious reasons) is Muse, so please let us know whenever you guys have everything set in stone so we know where to be. My husband is definitely the social one of the two of us but I'd love to meet at least some of you guys while we're there (trust me I'll be the one hiding or hanging in back of him, he'll be the one saying hey do you post on the Message Pit or RM Trading Post? even though he never would himself..he's just like that ; )

Just give us the date(s) and we're there!
    2006: Boston I, Camden II
    2007: Chicago
    2008: Hartford, Mansfield I & II, EV Boston
    2009: Philly III & IV
    2010: Boston
    2011: PJ20
    2012: Philly
    2013: Worcester I & II, Brooklyn I & II
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    theneuge wrote:

Are any of the Minnesota Vikings gonna be on the boat ride too?

:D
    NERDS!
  • Options
    patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    Are any of the Minnesota Vikings gonna be on the boat ride too?

:D

hahaha The Love Boat

Packer fans loved that story when it happened.
  • Options
    patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    Tangerine wrote:
    We are looking forward to this so much. Became complete PJ-addicts after last years Boston I show (after waiting 14 years to see them...duh!!! what WERE we thinking?)

We're definitely in for whatever you guys have planned be it a fundraiser cruise or PJ parties/fundraisers at whatever bar/club, we are there. The only other band I have to see (hubbie excluded but he has to be there for obvious reasons) is Muse, so please let us know whenever you guys have everything set in stone so we know where to be. My husband is definitely the social one of the two of us but I'd love to meet at least some of you guys while we're there (trust me I'll be the one hiding or hanging in back of him, he'll be the one saying hey do you post on the Message Pit or RM Trading Post? even though he never would himself..he's just like that ; )

Just give us the date(s) and we're there!

I'm sure plenty will be happening with fundraiser parties. I like the idea of just a simple cruise around the lake.
  • Options
    TheGossmanTheGossman Posts: 1,120
    bump....so whats the deal with the cruise and how do I get in?
    9/4/98, 8/4/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/15/03, 4/16/03, 4/19/03, 4/25/03, 4/26/03, 4/28/03, 4/29/03, 4/30/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/6/04, 9/1/05, 9/2/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 8/5/07, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 6/14/08, 6/16/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08
  • Options
    Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,813
    TheGossman wrote:
    bump....so whats the deal with the cruise and how do I get in?

We're still waiting for...info.. I guess. A schedule of who's playing when, etc.

I'm still trying to find a hotel! :(

Hopefully have some updates soon!
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • Options
    dustinparduedustinpardue Las Vegas, NV Posts: 1,829
    can we just meet at Score's?

http://www.scoreschicago.com/
    "All I Ever Knew" available now in print and digital formats at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and iBooks.
  • Options
    I am officially "On board" See everyone in a couple of months.
    NERDS!
  • Options
    Can I join this thriving party/charity event that you guys keep goin on and on about. Ill be coming from florida and i dont know a damn thing bout chicago. So ill be lookin for some PJ fans to meet, greet, and drink with. where exactly is everyone meeting?
  • Options
    stew2310stew2310 Posts: 19
    RyFly wrote:
    Trust me, I'm as hard of a drinker as anyone on this bored. I'm telling you, it's not humanly possible to go all day at lolla, go out all night, and come back the next day.

I don't know about this, I have been to Bonnaroo three times now and every night we drink all night, all day and then do it all over again. All you need is good music and good people, and sleep when you are dead!
    8/27/00 Saratoga, 9/28/05 Pittsburgh w/ The Stones, 6/23/06 Pittsburgh, Lollapalooza 07

"You're throwing joints on stage! maybe I should insult you some more"-Ed in Pittsburgh '06

"George Bush find yourself another home"
  • Options
    Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    stew2310 wrote:
    I don't know about this, I have been to Bonnaroo three times now and every night we drink all night, all day and then do it all over again. All you need is good music and good people, and sleep when you are dead!
    I stayed awake for almost 48 hours in Copenhagen... if I hadda gone 30 minutes longer with no sleep, I wouldn't have missed my flight :D but dooya THINK I could manage?
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    stew2310 wrote:

Exactly. I'm not a heavy drinker, but when you're having fun on vacation at a great show, nothing will stop you from having fun.
    NERDS!
  • Options
    sailboatcaptainsailboatcaptain San Juan, Puerto Rico Posts: 251
    I'm going from Puerto Rico to see PJ for my 6th time. Can't wait!!! see you all there......
    a WAVE came crashing like a fist to the jaw !
    WPB 03,Tampa 03,Camden 03,MSG1 03,Kissimmee 04,Lollapalooza 07, WPB 08,Tampa 08,Chicago 2009 (night 1 & 2), MSG 1 & 2 May 2010. PJ20 Sept 3 & 4 2011, Midtown Festival Sept 2012, Brooklyn Oct 18 & 19 2013, Ft Lauderdale 2016 and Miami 2016, Brooklyn, NY 2017
  • Options
    I set up a poll to see what the best day/time would be for everyone - so make sure you cast your vote!

http://wishlistfoundation.org/modules.php?name=Surveys&pollID=20
    Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥
  • Options
    cat72cat72 Oxford, MA Posts: 2,992
    looks like sunday night it is.... :p
  • Options
    8/2 - Thursday Night 14 %14 %14 % 14.08% (10)
    8/3 - Friday Afternoon 2 %2 %2 % 2.82% (2)
    8/3 - Friday Night 5 %5 %5 % 5.63% (4)
    8/4 - Saturday Afternoon 7 %7 %7 % 7.04% (5)
    8/4 - Saturday Night 23 %23 %23 % 23.94% (17)
    8/5 - Sunday Afternoon (pre-show) 4 %4 %4 % 4.23% (3)
    8/5 - Sunday Night (post-show) 35 %35 %35 % 35.21% (25)
    I won't be attending the party/fundraiser 7 %7 %7 % 7.04% (5)

Sunday night so far, followed closely by Saturday night... keep your votes coming!

http://wishlistfoundation.org/modules.php?name=Surveys&pollID=20
    Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥
  • Options
    LukinTimerLukinTimer Posts: 538
    Hmmm... I vote for Saturday night. That way I can enjoy meeting all the other cool PJ peeps... without being utterly exhausted.

What are you guys doing at these shows? Just standing there. (-;

I just can't sit still at a PJ show, after the last all day-er I was so tired... no way I could be any darn fun at a post-party. Plus, with many of those flying in having to catch planes the next morning, it seems like you'd get a better turnout at another time.

But maybe not.... maybe I'm just getting old and can no longer hang. Yikes... I hope not.

1Vedhead was just saying what a disappointment it was after Wembley cuz a bunch of people had planned to meet up after the show... but no one made it!
    "Holly f**k, that was so amazing, I just forgot who I came here to see!!" - Courtesy of the guy in the U2 t-shirt standing next to me in Aloha Stadium, Post PJ
  • Options
    LukinTimer wrote:
    Hmmm... I vote for Saturday night. That way I can enjoy meeting all the other cool PJ peeps... without being utterly exhausted.

What are you guys doing at these shows? Just standing there. (-;

I just can't sit still at a PJ show, after the last all day-er I was so tired... no way I could be any darn fun at a post-party. Plus, with many of those flying in having to catch planes the next morning, it seems like you'd get a better turnout at another time.

But maybe not.... maybe I'm just getting old and can no longer hang. Yikes... I hope not.

1Vedhead was just saying what a disappointment it was after Wembley cuz a bunch of people had planned to meet up after the show... but no one made it!

Yeah, a lot of people seem to agree with you too! Me, I'm all jazzed after a show so I could hang for hours, but I know a lot of people are going to be tired from partying all weekend.

So.. according to the poll;

8/2 - Thursday Night 11.61% (13)
    8/3 - Friday Afternoon 2.68% (3)
    8/3 - Friday Night 7.14% (8)
    8/4 - Saturday Afternoon 6.25% (7)
    8/4 - Saturday Night 30.36% (34)
    8/5 - Sunday Afternoon (pre-show) 6.25% (7)
    8/5 - Sunday Night (post-show) 29.46% (33)
    I won't be attending the party/fundraiser 6.25% (7)

Saturday is leading by 1 vote.

What I think we may end up doing is this;

Have a party Saturday night that will include fundraiser raffle, merch, etc. We are hoping to get a double decker bus to transport people to the bar (cause there's nothing in the near vacinity of Grant Park that's a) close and b) packed to the gills)

Then Sunday we can meet at the same place.. get the bus going, but not do the fundraiser portion (cause doing 2 nights will be difficult for us) so, a general hang out spot!
    Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥
  • Options
    ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    I vote for monday morning
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    I vote for monday morning

oh just stop it!!! you'll be passed out and will miss everyone!!!
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    SENROCK! wrote:
    oh just stop it!!! you'll be passed out and will miss everyone!!!

yeah and he's a grouchy morning person too. :eek:
    Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    Foxy Mop wrote:
    yeah and he's a grouchy morning person too. :eek:

thats TERRIBLE. If he's a grouchy LATE NIGHT person...i can only IMAGINE the a.m!!! :D jk monkey!
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    Hey guys, I'm coming from Toronto, and am planning on joining in on the PJ fun/fundraiser, and am just wondering when we can expect to have some definite information on all the good times? Info for signing up and all that jazz. Thanks! I guess it's looking like Saturday night, eh?
  • Options
    morning bump. Keep voting!
    NERDS!