Options

** Lollapalooza Pre|Post Parties & Fundraisers **

Comments

• Options
    Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    Ok I finally spoke to a manager at the airline and he said they'll hold the flight indefinitely for me til this gets sorted :) so I'm off... chat to ya all in ten days :)

ryfly there are no bands playing til 4-5am right? we can drink til then, get up at noonish and still plenty of time to catch bands :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    The booze cruise along the lake won't be for everybody. Some are gonna wanna be down at Lolla the whole time. Myself just on Sunday. Chicago's lakefront is trully a sight to see during the Summer. Milwaukee may have Summerfest but we know Chicago has a much better lakefront. :) I think a Saturday late afternoon early evening cruise would be a wonderful treat. Just what I think though. :D
  • Options
    Detroit2NYCDetroit2NYC New York, NY Posts: 337
    The booze cruise along the lake won't be for everybody. Some are gonna wanna be down at Lolla the whole time. Myself just on Sunday. Chicago's lakefront is trully a sight to see during the Summer. Milwaukee may have Summerfest but we know Chicago has a much better lakefront. :) I think a Saturday late afternoon early evening cruise would be a wonderful treat. Just what I think though. :D

Im an all day festival kinda gal....so many good bands will be there!
  • Options
    RyFlyRyFly Brooklyn Posts: 42
    Ok I finally spoke to a manager at the airline and he said they'll hold the flight indefinitely for me til this gets sorted :) so I'm off... chat to ya all in ten days :)

ryfly there are no bands playing til 4-5am right? we can drink til then, get up at noonish and still plenty of time to catch bands :)

Trust me, I'm as hard of a drinker as anyone on this bored. I'm telling you, it's not humanly possible to go all day at lolla, go out all night, and come back the next day.
    Ryan F.

Indianapolis 00, Chicago 03, Alpine Valley 03, Toledo 04, Grand Rapids 04, Chicago 06, Chicago 06, Grand Rapids 06, Cleveland 06, Milwaukee 06, Lollapalooza 07, Chicago 09, Chicago 09, Philadelphia 12, Brooklyn 13, Moline 14, New York 16, Brooklyn (Rock Hall of Fame) 17,
  • Options
    edwhoedwho Posts: 811
    :) I can’t wait :D I'm hosting the Irish ones in the new edwho Lollapalooza Hostel :) Helen, we need more smilies in Chicago threads :) Hurry back :eek: Kentucky? Toronto? waiting to hear back :D

~

So you have a sunset booze cruise on Thursday and afterwards you go a 5:00 AM bar. You close the 5:00 AM bar and than go to breakfast. After breakfast it’s off to a 6:00 AM bar for bloody marys. Head to Lollapalooza at 11:00 AM when gates open. Start rockin’ by Noon :) and repeat :p

Three Fish

July 1996 San Francisco

June 1999 Chicago

• Options
    RyFlyRyFly Brooklyn Posts: 42
    Okay you sold me. I hope it's another 105 degree weekend too. That will make the hangovers even sweeter.

Then on sunday night I'll just drive my car into the lake for a nice long drive to the bottom.
    Ryan F.

Indianapolis 00, Chicago 03, Alpine Valley 03, Toledo 04, Grand Rapids 04, Chicago 06, Chicago 06, Grand Rapids 06, Cleveland 06, Milwaukee 06, Lollapalooza 07, Chicago 09, Chicago 09, Philadelphia 12, Brooklyn 13, Moline 14, New York 16, Brooklyn (Rock Hall of Fame) 17,
  • Options
    poto101poto101 Posts: 386
    RyFly wrote:
    Trust me, I'm as hard of a drinker as anyone on this bored. I'm telling you, it's not humanly possible to go all day at lolla, go out all night, and come back the next day.

I'm backing him up on this one. im in great shape, and last year was able to run 6 miles for a good workout. yet when i got in the fest (i went sunday ONLY) we had a water bottle full of vodka we snuck in. between 4 of us, nobody had one sip. it was just toooo hott. and my god I was exhausted after the chili peppers were finished. this was only 9 hours at the fest, not three days.

I may, however, be pumped enough ot party it up after seeing PJ. but pregaming the fest just does not appeal to me.
    It's all happening....

East Troy 2003
    Chicago x2, Summerfest x2, 2006
    Chicago THE VIC, Lollapalooza, 2007
    bonnaROOOOOOO 2008
    Chicago x2 2009

(EV chicago 2008 night 2)
  • Options
    CateetoCateeto Posts: 377
    Oooooh I just can't help it. I'm so freaking excited for Lolla! I'm excited to see all my Pearl Jam buddies again. I'm excited that people from ALL OVER are coming in, even different countries! I'm excited about the Lolla experience. I'm excited to help out with working the tent or whatever we're coming up with. I'm excited for all of these plans we have. And I'm fucking EXCITED for PEARL JAM! AHHHHHHHH!

Hehe sorry. I'm just excited :D
  • Options
    haffajappahaffajappa British Columbia Posts: 5,955
    luvistower wrote:
    sure they can :)
    no one is forcing anyone to donate anything to charity
    that's not a prerequsite to hanging out, having fun, etc
    helping out good causes is just icing on the cake :)
    if ya can, ya can
    and if ya can't
    no worries

EVERYONE is welcome
    unless of course said parties are held in places where underaged drinking is prohibited, or minors are prohibited.

jee, just when i think i got it covered finally turning 19, gotta go down to the states and miss out on the fun hahaha...
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • Options
    luvistower wrote:
    YES!
    you need to come so i can buy you 2-3-4-5 beverages to thank you again for hooking me up last year for LOLLA!

so there. it's settled.
    you're coming to this

Damn...so it's settled????
    Hey there luvistower!
    Maybe I can drag my lazy ass there for Sunday.

Yeah, I'm just being a big whiner right now.....if I were to go it'd be mostly to hang with you local folks that rock!

And there's nothing quite like hanging with the Foxymop, that's for sure.
  • Options
    luvisatowerluvisatower Posts: 1,078
    Damn...so it's settled????
    Hey there luvistower!
    Maybe I can drag my lazy ass there for Sunday.

Yeah, I'm just being a big whiner right now.....if I were to go it'd be mostly to hang with you local folks that rock!

And there's nothing quite like hanging with the Foxymop, that's for sure.

:)
    you KNOW you wanna
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Get it now, get enough, before its gone, let's everybody carry on, carry on....
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    www.wishlistfoundation.org
    WE WANT YOU!!!!
    join the street team
    http://wishlistfoundation.fancorps.com

"headphones are highly recommended...." Jeff Ament
  • Options
    Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,813
    Bill will be talking to the bar guy on Wednesday...
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • Options
    neenerbeanneenerbean Posts: 205
    Brain of J would be happy to do another "reunion" (this time a little more solid and, um, COMPLETE)!

*please oh please let us play!!*

ames

[ps] Foxy baby, PM me with answer(s) cause I'm not on here much anymore ;)
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,861
    so anyone know of a good site to get tix for the cubs game on friday? The official site only had single tickets the last time I checked and I really wanna go.
    Man lolla seems so far away, I was looking at stuff today and realized last year this time I was buying tickets to all the NA PJ dates, good times :)
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    OttOtt Posts: 403
    a5pj wrote:
    so anyone know of a good site to get tix for the cubs game on friday? The official site only had single tickets the last time I checked and I really wanna go.
    Man lolla seems so far away, I was looking at stuff today and realized last year this time I was buying tickets to all the NA PJ dates, good times :)
    Last year I got mine at StubHub. Also, it's a chance, but there are plenty of vendors outside with lots of tix. Depending on the game you're planning for, you may be better off down there. My buddy got a deal equal to mine for Kerry Wood's (punk-ass!) return game during PJ's stint there last summer. Hope that helps.

Ott
    'Give me some music; music, moody food/ of us that trade in love'
    -Shakespeare
  • Options
    Ott wrote:
    Last year I got mine at StubHub. Also, it's a chance, but there are plenty of vendors outside with lots of tix. Depending on the game you're planning for, you may be better off down there. My buddy got a deal equal to mine for Kerry Wood's (punk-ass!) return game during PJ's stint there last summer. Hope that helps.

Ott

cool thanks,
    even if i dont find tix anywhere ill prolly head to the game anyway and pick them up there, but I would much rather have them in hand.

• Options
    FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    a5pj wrote:
    oh my god a booza cruise afterwards would rock, im in for that.

Also I would be all for a group rate to the cubs v. mets, though I was checking their site yesterday and they didnt even have any 2 tickets together, only single tix. So I dont know whats going to happen with that.

god id love to catch a game! and go to lolla!
  • Options
    god id love to catch a game! and go to lolla!

simple - so go :)

• Options
    OttOtt Posts: 403
    a5pj wrote:
    I second that. I'd prefer the Mets game, but I'm gonna do the Phillies (ick!) instead. I got lucky with the $60 early bird tix, but if I paid $165, there's no way I miss a second of the festival. You guys are nuts. IMO.

Ott
    'Give me some music; music, moody food/ of us that trade in love'
    -Shakespeare
  • Options
    a5pj wrote:

why does everyone make it seem so simple! :D

i swear, most of you jammers are a bunch of freakin rich kids lmao
  • Options
    why does everyone make it seem so simple! :D

i swear, most of you jammers are a bunch of freakin rich kids lmao

oh im not rich by any means, but i can afford to take a day here and there from work and hit some shows, hit 7 last time around. of course i did get the 60$ tix for lolla which help a lot, and hotels are cheap through http://www.lastminutetravel.com , i am driving as well :)

• Options
    a5pj wrote:
    oh im not rich by any means, but i can afford to take a day here and there from work and hit some shows, hit 7 last time around. of course i did get the 60$ tix for lolla which help a lot, and hotels are cheap through http://www.lastminutetravel.com , i am driving as well :)

too far away to drive... (would end up costing the same, not to mention the 15 hour drive, meaning id have to take another day off of work)

i can spare a week from work.... just with hotel, tickets, ect... would easily be a 2 grand show , which is crazy

when i went to five pearl jam shows in one hit... for a fraction of the cost...

but i do really want to go... big cubs fan too, so would be nice to see wrigley field and everything... heres to hoping that it works out!
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    I've never been - when does it start on Friday - in the morning or afternoon? I missed Hawaii, I missed The Gorge, and I don't think I'm going to let myself miss this one.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    i dont think that it would run 2 grand, unless youre doing the VIP lolla packages :),

and 15 hrs is a pretty far ride, its 10 for me, but i love road trips :D

but as of now, i think its costing me 470 tickets and hotel, + ~150 gas + cubs game + food / 2

so it isnt that bad...,

and i gotta make up 2 days of work.

Not that bad but it is a lot, of course i'm a die hard as many ppl here are, and this is gonna be my only shot in prolly a long time to get front row, missed my chance at irving plaza...

• Options
    JaneNY wrote:
    I've never been - when does it start on Friday - in the morning or afternoon? I missed Hawaii, I missed The Gorge, and I don't think I'm going to let myself miss this one.

starts fri, afternoon prolly, goes till pj plays sunday night.

• Options
    JoanneJoanne Posts: 98
    Okay- hubby and I just printed out our tickets and are planning our escape. Bump for pre-lolla planning!
    We're still making records for people who listen to it all the way through, eyes closed, in that space.
  • Options
    AvocadoLadyAvocadoLady Posts: 680
    Yay Joanne! See ya there!
    "What happens when so many people agree on something? Can we take this beyond the parking lot when we leave tonight?" -EV, Iconoclasts
  • Options
    That's why you take Thursday, Friday, Monday, and Tuesday off work. ;)

Lolla comes but once a year!

please - it took me 3 weeks to recover from 5 days in Hawaii!!!!!!!
    3 days in Chicago - that's a piece of cake!!!!!!!!!
    Honolulu, 2006, Lollapalooza, 2007, WPB, June 11, 2008 (my birthday!!!!!)
    Bonnaroo 2008, MSG June 24, The Beacon July 1, 2008 (Robin Hood Rocks)
    United Palace Theatre August 5, 2008, NJPAC August 7, 2008 (EV Solo)
    Tower Theater, Upper Darby, PA June 11, 2009 (My Birthday!), June 12
    The Spectrum Oct 27, 30, 31, 2009
    The Rock, May 18,(Front Row Center), MSG May 20, 21 2010

• Options
    Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,813
    toot toot trolley!
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • Options
    Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    RyFly wrote:
    I'm sorry but I hate to disagree and be a pain in the arse BUT... it certainly IS humanly possible :) and I will do my utmost best to prove you wrong. And with Barbara there too... :D:D:D:D:D Ooooohhh... I'm starting to feel sorry for Chicago :D

It's best to get no sleep at all... or uncomfortable sleep so it's easier to wake up. Last year I camped at one of our festivals... and only my fellow campers were early sleepers :rolleyes: I think I got early nights at 4/5 am and we were woken up by all the noise from maybe 7am... straight back on the drink.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you