Astorians with tickets

Comments

• shmikeshmike Posts: 216
    Morning everyone...firstly I hope everyone gets well by Thursday (Death is the only thing that would stop me going...:))

Planning a few early for the nights next few days to try and top up recent sleep deprivation (gotta 300 mile drive on Thursday and no-one to share driving :( )

At work now...PJ on all day...no work will be done ... ;)

Anyway, a (bit cheeky?) question ... Does anyone that has a hotel booked for Thursday night have a parking space that they could use but are not?

I am looking into getting to London around noon, and wanna safe parking spot.

So far its gonna cost about £40 for a secure car park near Bayswater (where my hotel is) for me to leave it there till Friday afternoon-ish.

Anyone got any better ideas?

cheers folks, and keep on Jamin !
    Living the dream in 2006 - Astoria, Reading & Prague
    And 2007 - Wembley

With alchohol in leaf and tree it must be natures plan, for there to be to some degree...alchohol in man
  • foxymop79foxymop79 Posts: 460
    I'm now totally stressing about getting my ears syringed as accoeding to the web it can cause severe damage to the ear! Anyone had it done before? Anyone know anybody who has been damaged by it?
    Wembley 1996
    Glasgow 2000
    Astoria 2006
    Leeds Festival 2006
    Dublin 2006 (Wooooot!)

*Astoria Crew in Dublin 2006*
  • KeithosKeithos Posts: 853
    I've been ill last few days...

It must be the change in the weather... or too much excitement eh?
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    shmike wrote:
    Morning everyone...firstly I hope everyone gets well by Thursday (Death is the only thing that would stop me going...:))

Planning a few early for the nights next few days to try and top up recent sleep deprivation (gotta 300 mile drive on Thursday and no-one to share driving :( )

At work now...PJ on all day...no work will be done ... ;)

Anyway, a (bit cheeky?) question ... Does anyone that has a hotel booked for Thursday night have a parking space that they could use but are not?

I am looking into getting to London around noon, and wanna safe parking spot.

So far its gonna cost about £40 for a secure car park near Bayswater (where my hotel is) for me to leave it there till Friday afternoon-ish.

Anyone got any better ideas?

cheers folks, and keep on Jamin !

Where's your hotel??

Sorry...Bayswater. Hmmm...sorry, I don't know the area. Should be able to park on a residential street off the main drag without getting ticketed.
  • WASTIDWASTID Posts: 150
    strange but I am struggling with illness today as well. hope I am better before Thursday!! ;-)

nb: illness consists of being hungover and depressed after a heavy session last night to try and block out the terrible performance (again!!!) from my side Sunderland in the local derby which ended in another defeat.
    Wembley Arena, London, England 05-30-2000
    Astoria, London, England 04-20-2006
    Wembley Arena, London, England 06-18-2007
    MEN Arena, Manchester, England 08-17-2009
    Hyde Park, London, England 06-25-2010
    MEN Arena, Manchester, UK 06-20-2012
    Apollo, Manchester, UK 07-28-2012 (Ed Solo)
    San Siro, Milano, Italia 06-20-2014
    FD Arena, Leeds 07-08-2014
    National Bowl, Milton Keynes 07-11-2014
  • elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    foxymop79 wrote:
    Where have you been for the past 3 weeks?!
    well Ive been consumed for a little while, only a few weeks back I log on to discover the new album is comin (fuckin great I think..), then an hour ago I discover that they're playing the two festivals (shit I think, but after momentary contemplation realize that I would not go to em anyway). And now this ( I think about random violent assault on a stranger/object ) Tell me, where did this first come up from and where did you get your tickets from? I havent seen this in any evening standard listings or anything, tho know full well ive no hope now............................youz all must be well excited, the astoria is small
  • niknik Posts: 262
    foxymop79 wrote:
    I'm now totally stressing about getting my ears syringed as accoeding to the web it can cause severe damage to the ear! Anyone had it done before? Anyone know anybody who has been damaged by it?

I've got a friend who has had her ears done loads of time and she's never had any problems.....
    "I know someday you'll have a beautiful life...I know you'll be a star"
    Astoria 20-4-06 (when pj rocked)

Dublin 2006....Alive,Black,RVM,Leash...awesome)

*Astoria Crew*

www.pearljam70.piczo.com- for some delicious pics of Eddie
    http://www.myspace.com/pjrocks4ever

Nik = Nicki (female)
    elmer wrote:
    well Ive been consumed for a little while, only a few weeks back I log on to discover the new album is comin (fuckin great I think..), then an hour ago I discover that they're playing the two festivals (shit I think, but after momentary contemplation realize that I would not go to em anyway). And now this ( I think about random violent assault on a stranger/object ) Tell me, where did this first come up from and where did you get your tickets from? I havent seen this in any evening standard listings or anything, tho know full well ive no hope now............................youz all must be well excited, the astoria is small

10c emailed everyone with info on this gig and a comp to win tickets about 3 weeks back, then tickets went on sale the day after! And sold out in minutes!
    Wembley 1996
    Glasgow 2000
    Astoria 2006
    Leeds Festival 2006
    Dublin 2006 (Wooooot!)

elmer wrote:

Shiiiiiit....too much talk of illness going on. It's making me twitchy. It's like when someone starts talking about teeth, you instinctively start picking your teeth and wondering when you last visited the dentist. Can't we stick to more positive topics - sex, drugs, and rock n' roll? Not that I don't feel sympathy or anything, but all this talk of illness is gonna make me ill.
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Where's your hotel??

Sorry...Bayswater. Hmmm...sorry, I don't know the area. Should be able to park on a residential street off the main drag without getting ticketed.

yeah but where is safe...I'm coming from the North
    And 2007 - Wembley

With alchohol in leaf and tree it must be natures plan, for there to be to some degree...alchohol in man
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Keithos wrote:
    It must be the change in the weather... or too much excitement eh?

i genuinely think that i was exhausted as I couldnt really sleep for a few days and i was knackered... i dont know, but on Sunday i practically slept the whole day and night until monday, which i never do...

i'm much better today although my cough is bugging the tits off me... its sore :(
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    foxymop79 wrote:
    10c emailed everyone with info on this gig and a comp to win tickets about 3 weeks back, then tickets went on sale the day after! And sold out in minutes!
    WHAT??? you mean they mailed only current members right? I have been but am not at moment, have bought from the fucks before
  • Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    wow, my stomachs a bit dodgy too. Anyway I'm on hol and using my brothers laptop which is shite and really slow so maybe this will be my only post. Well, I got my ticket this morning... :):):)

My sister's not going now though... and in cancelling her own room cancelled mine too :eek: so i'm now staying in the travelodge Farringdon for 3 nights. Worried about the flight now cos it's Ryanair reservation for 2 people so if only one turns up, what do they do? :eek:

Watched crash last night - it's brilliant...yeh that's it.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
    I just want to be able to hear again!!! Roll on 2pm!!! I'll be able to hear the birds tweeting, the wind blowing in the trees ... and my boyfriend nagging at me for something! (There has been some benefits to this loss of hearing "Fancy an early night pet?" "Sorry? What? I'm deaf!")
    Wembley 1996
    Glasgow 2000
    Astoria 2006
    Leeds Festival 2006
    Dublin 2006 (Wooooot!)

• ||Release_Me||||Release_Me|| Posts: 1,871
    well guys, gotta go now and won't be back online until next week. the next time i speak to you all will be face to face!

can't wait, i'm ready to rock! bye guys!
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

elmer wrote:
    WHAT??? you mean they mailed only current members right? I have been but am not at moment, have bought from the fucks before

Yeah, but posted it on the website as well so anyone could know - tickets were on sale through ticketmaster and seetickets!
    Wembley 1996
    Glasgow 2000
    Astoria 2006
    Leeds Festival 2006
    Dublin 2006 (Wooooot!)

well guys, gotta go now and won't be back online until next week. the next time i speak to you all will be face to face!

Hope you're feeling better by Thursday!!!!
    Wembley 1996
    Glasgow 2000
    Astoria 2006
    Leeds Festival 2006
    Dublin 2006 (Wooooot!)

foxymop79 wrote:
    Hope you're feeling better by Thursday!!!!

thanks, hope the hearing comes back!
    woooo!
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

• niknik Posts: 262
    wow, my stomachs a bit dodgy too. Anyway I'm on hol and using my brothers laptop which is shite and really slow so maybe this will be my only post. Well, I got my ticket this morning... :):):)

My sister's not going now though... and in cancelling her own room cancelled mine too :eek: so i'm now staying in the travelodge Farringdon for 3 nights. Worried about the flight now cos it's Ryanair reservation for 2 people so if only one turns up, what do they do? :eek:

Watched crash last night - it's brilliant...yeh that's it.

Crash is the best film I've seen this year....Matt Dillon is still hot... but will always be 2nd to Eddie
    "I know someday you'll have a beautiful life...I know you'll be a star"
    Astoria 20-4-06 (when pj rocked)

Dublin 2006....Alive,Black,RVM,Leash...awesome)

*Astoria Crew*

www.pearljam70.piczo.com- for some delicious pics of Eddie
    http://www.myspace.com/pjrocks4ever

Nik = Nicki (female)
    shmike wrote:
    yeah but where is safe...I'm coming from the North

Where is safe in London?? Nowhere's safe man. London's an open sewer run amok with aids infected pitbulls and knife weilding crack whores.

But seriously, I don't know west London really. I'm more East end oriented. As far as I know though Bayswater is a safe area. You shouldn't have any problem finding somewhere to park up. Just drive around for a bit, or maybe ask someone at the desk at the hotel. You shouldn't have to pay £40.
    sickener all this..........really fucked my day up hearing this, only wish I d discovered after the date, I work literally 10minutes from the astoria.
    nik wrote:
    Crash is the best film I've seen this year....Matt Dillon is still hot... but will always be 2nd to Eddie

Matt Dillon was cool as Bukowski in Factotum last year.
    elmer wrote:
    sickener all this..........really fucked my day up hearing this, only wish I d discovered after the date, I work literally 10minutes from the astoria.

It may make you feel a bit better if you check e-bay and discover what a lot of us have paid to get in. You may be shocked.
  • KeithosKeithos Posts: 853

See ya thursday dude!
  • Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    nik wrote:
    yeh i thought it was great too. I expected it to be boring but didn't expect the kinda happy content ending. And I'd so many mouth wide open moments. Great film for those who haven't seen it. Also watched maria full of grace - was brilliant too... and have city of God for tonight - alot of heavy stuff.

Anwyay wrong thread, lol. did i mention i have ticket?
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
    Keithos wrote:
    See ya thursday dude!

See ya Thursday!
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Where is safe in London?? Nowhere's safe man. London's an open sewer run amok with aids infected pitbulls and knife weilding crack whores.

But seriously, I don't know west London really. I'm more East end oriented. As far as I know though Bayswater is a safe area. You shouldn't have any problem finding somewhere to park up. Just drive around for a bit, or maybe ask someone at the desk at the hotel. You shouldn't have to pay £40.
    I was thinking about parking further out and getting the tube in.....you reckon I will find a spot in Bayswater tho?
    And 2007 - Wembley

shmike wrote:
    I was thinking about parking further out and getting the tube in.....you reckon I will find a spot in Bayswater tho?

Can't guarantee it. If I drove then I'd park further out - somewhere on the tube network - and then get a tube in. If your coming down the M1 then maybe you should park near to Brent cross or Golders Green on a residential street and then get the Northern Line into central London.
    p.s. i was booked at the palace court hotel but not anymore! now i'm at the farringdon with all the other PJ fans! kk i'm definitely goin' now!

Byrnzie wrote:
    Can't guarantee it. If I drove then I'd park further out - somewhere on the tube network - and then get a tube in. If your coming down the M1 then maybe you should park near to Brent cross or Golders Green on a residential street and then get the Northern Line into central London.
    yea I was thinking along those lines.....cheers anyway
    And 2007 - Wembley