Astorians with tickets

Comments

• KeithosKeithos Posts: 853
    Anwyay wrong thread, lol. did i mention i have ticket?

Did you mean a spare one- or that you just received yours??? :P
  • londonrockslondonrocks Posts: 177
    foxymop79 wrote:
    Just got a phonecall from the receptionist at my docs - the nurse has squeezed me in at 2pm for my ears!!!! This is the first time in my life they have ever come through for me!!!!!!! Roll on Thursday!!!!!!!
    I've had mine syringed once - I loved it, it lovely all that warm water squirted in and lovely clean ears and the ability to hear afterwards :)
    I've had mine syringed once - I loved it, it lovely all that warm water squirted in and lovely clean ears and the ability to hear afterwards :)

Yeah... and your hearing is improved ten fold... you can hear a pin drop a mile away ;)
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    Keithos wrote:
    Yeah... and your hearing is improved ten fold... you can hear a pin drop a mile away ;)

We'll be relying on you to tell Mike if his guitar's out of tune then.
    Byrnzie wrote:
    We'll be relying on you to tell Mike if his guitar's out of tune then.
    I have enough trouble trying to tell if my own guitars are out of tune :P
    yeh i thought it was great too. I expected it to be boring but didn't expect the kinda happy content ending. And I'd so many mouth wide open moments. Great film for those who haven't seen it. Also watched maria full of grace - was brilliant too... and have city of God for tonight - alot of heavy stuff.

Anwyay wrong thread, lol. did i mention i have ticket?

Check out The Proposition if you haven't already, and if you don't mind multiple acts of violence. It stars Danny Huston, who is in a film called 'Ivans XTC' which is the most powerful film I've ever seen.
  • I Scot IDI Scot ID Posts: 275
    Hey guys, i should really just let you all know that i'm still around and still wired to the moon about thursday!

Had a crazy weekend and now just need to get my shit together for the trip.

I hope all who are ill get better......just so that i dont get it haha.
  • I have my tickets..... now just to sign up for an eBay accoutn and make some money(That was a joke!)
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    .....for an eBay accoutn and make some money(That was a joke!)

:D:D some money??? some... nice one!!! you'll make shitloads :D
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • I think it just sunk in that on THURSDAY!!!! I am gonna be seeing PEARL JAM!!!

WOOOOOOOOOO!!
    2006 - Astoria, Dublin, Leeds
    2007 - London
    2009 - London, Manchester, London
    2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London
    2011 - Alpine Valley x2
    2012 - Isle of Wight, Manchester x2
  • got this off another thread:

http://www.worldticketservice.co.uk

basically online touts.... but the price is fixed and it seems a bit safer than eBay.... 325 for a ticket... don;t know if thats good or not.
    got this off another thread:

http://www.worldticketservice.co.uk

basically online touts.... but the price is fixed and it seems a bit safer than eBay.... 325 for a ticket... don;t know if thats good or not.

Don't forget to pack a corkscrew Scot!
  • Corkscrw....

sorry you've lost me.
  • stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    Ergh, work is dragging. I have another hour and a half until I finish :(

Plus my glands are swollen, I htink I have a cold coming, head really hurts like when you have a cold about to be unleashed :(

But only 2 days until I see PJ :D:D
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • wow, everyone's ill. i've got a nasty cold. i've had it for weeks and just can't seem to shift it.

it's not going to stop me though!!
    20.04.06, 23.08.06, 27.08.06, 14.09.06, 16.09.06, 17.09.06, 19.09.06, 20.09.06, 18.06.07
    Miss Heather I've forgotten which bus stop I need to get off at !! Perhaps i'll get a taxi to your's from train station. I'm feeling too lazy today to get on a bus :D

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • Jesus... you;re a sniffling lot!!!

Me and I Scot ID went camping on saturday night... played guitars round a fire and drank red wine in the rain... cooked stew on the fire and then ate it while playing pearl jam songs and drinking red wine from the bottle.... The next day forgot it was Easter.....(oops)... but yes we should have rolled eggs down the hilll.... ironically we rolled ourselves down a hill...

We decided to climb a Munro... We got to the top and the weather got very bad... blizzards and snow... we couldn't hear... see... stand.. talk.... we just had to get off of there... at one point I wiped snot from my nose and it went upwards just flew up into the sky... we were very scared but wouldn't admit it to each other... we had to walk along a snowy ridge to get back down... eventually we climbed over another peak and could see the way down.. a large hill covered in snow al the way down... I stepped onto it and went into my waist... it was very hard work trying to swim through snow... but we soon realised that if we climbed on to of the snow and then just dived forwards we could roll and slide down the hill.... it was great fun for the first half hour... but then we got very cold.... the only thing that kept us gooing was greed - there was no way someone else was going to the Astoria on thursday... Imagine us clinging to these iced rock faces with the wind in our faces shouting. "Keep going... 4 days to go!!!"

http://phuq.co.uk/pics/xmas-newyear-2002-3/DS2_0779new.jpg

http://www.chronosinteractive.com/kimo/Scotjpg/Munros/StobDubh.jpg

We survived and apart from a few scratches on my face... I lived to tell the tale and I'm sitting in the office again... my plane left at 6am... so I've not slept last night... we just sat awake watching DVD's and having fun... so it should be an interesting day today, and not a runny nose, so stomach, infected ear or sniffled between us....
    Corkscrw....

sorry you've lost me.

For purposes of opening wine bottles in the queue.
  • WASTIDWASTID Posts: 150
    shmike wrote:
    I was thinking about parking further out and getting the tube in.....you reckon I will find a spot in Bayswater tho?

before I had booked up trains etc I had looked into what to do if having to drive down and I was advised to park at Luton station and get a train in from there.

saves you having to drive around london (which is not a fun thing to do!), avoid congestion charge, and is probably cheaper.

Was told that the train fare is about £10 return (trains every 15 minutes) from Luton and if you park at Luton parkway its only £4.20 for 24 hours.
    Wembley Arena, London, England 05-30-2000
    Astoria, London, England 04-20-2006
    Wembley Arena, London, England 06-18-2007
    MEN Arena, Manchester, England 08-17-2009
    Hyde Park, London, England 06-25-2010
    MEN Arena, Manchester, UK 06-20-2012
    Apollo, Manchester, UK 07-28-2012 (Ed Solo)
    San Siro, Milano, Italia 06-20-2014
    FD Arena, Leeds 07-08-2014
    National Bowl, Milton Keynes 07-11-2014
  • Hey folks! I just don't have the patience to trawl through the 40-odd pages since the last time I was on here, so is there anything going on (that's not on the 1st page) that I should know?

This is turning into one great fuckin' week. Left my job on Thursday, went away for the weekend with my woman to the Wesht of Ireland - wined and dined, boated in Yeats' Country, rode horses along the beach, trad sessions in the evening. Mini-Eggs became portable versions of Easter eggs for when you're ambling around the country. Back home, saw V for Vendetta last night - it's phenomenal, a real spur for anyone disenchanted by these crazy times (as is the odd Pearl jam gig). Tonight, I'm going to a gig (Bonnie 'Prince' Billy) that I've been looking forward to since January, but which has, through no fault of it's own lost a little of it's attractive sheen since a good samaritan stepped in with a ticket for the most unlikely gig I'll have ever been to.

and I'll see you all there in about 50-something hours time...

(Jesus....:))
    93: Slane
    96: Cork, Dublin
    00: Dublin
    06: London, Dublin
    07: London, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    09: Manchester, London
    10: Dublin, Belfast, London & Berlin
    11: San José
    12: Isle of Wight, Copenhagen, Ed in Manchester & London x2
    Jesus... you;re a sniffling lot!!!

Me and I Scot ID went camping on saturday night... played guitars round a fire and drank red wine in the rain... cooked stew on the fire and then ate it while playing pearl jam songs and drinking red wine from the bottle.... The next day forgot it was Easter.....(oops)... but yes we should have rolled eggs down the hilll.... ironically we rolled ourselves down a hill...

We decided to climb a Munro... We got to the top and the weather got very bad... blizzards and snow... we couldn't hear... see... stand.. talk.... we just had to get off of there... at one point I wiped snot from my nose and it went upwards just flew up into the sky... we were very scared but wouldn't admit it to each other... we had to walk along a snowy ridge to get back down... eventually we climbed over another peak and could see the way down.. a large hill covered in snow al the way down... I stepped onto it and went into my waist... it was very hard work trying to swim through snow... but we soon realised that if we climbed on to of the snow and then just dived forwards we could roll and slide down the hill.... it was great fun for the first half hour... but then we got very cold.... the only thing that kept us gooing was greed - there was no way someone else was going to the Astoria on thursday... Imagine us clinging to these iced rock faces with the wind in our faces shouting. "Keep going... 4 days to go!!!"

http://phuq.co.uk/pics/xmas-newyear-2002-3/DS2_0779new.jpg

http://www.chronosinteractive.com/kimo/Scotjpg/Munros/StobDubh.jpg

We survived and apart from a few scratches on my face... I lived to tell the tale and I'm sitting in the office again... my plane left at 6am... so I've not slept last night... we just sat awake watching DVD's and having fun... so it should be an interesting day today, and not a runny nose, so stomach, infected ear or sniffled between us....

Where was this?? Scotland??
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Byrnzie wrote:
    yes!!!!!!!!!

amazing isnt it!

p.s. i wasnt there but i know the munros are in Scotland
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Byrnzie wrote:

Yeah. Glencoe..
  • Miss Heather I've forgotten which bus stop I need to get off at !! Perhaps i'll get a taxi to your's from train station. I'm feeling too lazy today to get on a bus :D

a taxi might be easiest... otherwise you need to get off as close to cotham brow as possible. i'll call you later and leave you james' number... as i have an audition at a new club tonight so might not be around when you get here :(
    20.04.06, 23.08.06, 27.08.06, 14.09.06, 16.09.06, 17.09.06, 19.09.06, 20.09.06, 18.06.07
    Oh that's cool :D Good luck, not that you need it ;):D

Can you PM me your address again please. I wrote it down but seem to have mislaid it
    D'oh!!!

Think my train gets in about 8 ish, or just before. :)

Rockin' out to Creadles
    yes!!!!!!!!!

amazing isnt it!

p.s. i wasnt there but i know the munros are in Scotland

The extent of my intrepid expeditionary exploits this weekend consisted in my 'climbing' out of the comfort of my couch and trekking to the pub to conquer the vast array of formidable obstacles (other punters) blocking my path to the bar. Suffice to say...I made it.
    Yeah. Glencoe..

Those are some wicked pictures Scot. There aint nowt like that down these ere parts.
  • I Scot IDI Scot ID Posts: 275
    Haha, yeah it was a crazy weekend. Climbing a mountain after a night of Red wine and Jack daniels fuelled rural busking round a fire in the pissing rain is mental enough but when the wind is kicking the arse off 100mph and the hail is peircing your jacket...thats just nonsense hahahaha. Love it.

I feel great, my leg has almost stopped popping out of my hip so i should be good for some bopping around on thursday...which yes, did keep us going/alive!

"Are you scared?"
    "No, you?"
    "No"
  • ChumfattyChumfatty Posts: 140
    Still no fucking tickets in the post, I'm well annoyed and surprisingly nervous. Seetickets are gonna get a very stern letter from myself soon. Last time I order from them.
    My body is a temple come kneel at my prayer mat.

Astoria 2006

*Astoria Crew*

Dublin 23/08/06 - best gig ever!
    Chumfatty wrote:
    Still no fucking tickets in the post, I'm well annoyed and surprisingly nervous. Seetickets are gonna get a very stern letter from myself soon. Last time I order from them.

Get on the phone to the pricks today mate.