Options

Astorians with tickets

Comments

• Options
    pinonpinon Posts: 427
    I Scot ID wrote:
    Aye! 24 hour drinking....beer warmth instead of a hotel! Haha.

Good bit of "buck passing" Dunk, nice one.

Nae luck ScotinAmsterdam, you're now "meeting administrator" and are solely responsible for the smooth operation of this event.

Ive Pm'd a guy from the Scottish Contigent thread that hasnt been around so i'm sure him and his mate will want to meet, that's if he checks his messages, so might be 2 more!

yup, Scot_in_Am....and you have to send us all pdf files containing all the info....who are arriving when ? where are they staying ...and on and on...
    when to meet ....etc etc...so get to work ;););)
    Life is too serious to be taken seriously
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    pinon wrote:
    yup, Scot_in_Am....and you have to send us all pdf files containing all the info....who are arriving when ? where are they staying ...and on and on...
    when to meet ....etc etc...so get to work ;););)

i know man... he;s slacking isnt he ;)

Pinion.. i liked your website... Finsbury, whom i believe is coming now, is a man of words... you'll get on well with him

your photos are excellent... :)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    shmikeshmike Posts: 216
    Just found this thread...cool idea.

I got free tix 4 the gig (Jammy bastard!!-no pun intended).

I am coming down on the 20th around lunch time with my son (19) for one night.

Would like to get together with u fellow believers for a few scoops...what has been decided (I cant be arsed reading all the posts!)?

cheers
    Living the dream in 2006 - Astoria, Reading & Prague
    And 2007 - Wembley

With alchohol in leaf and tree it must be natures plan, for there to be to some degree...alchohol in man
  • Options
    FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Seattle, WA Posts: 12,223

you gonna try for one one the day though?

Even if I have to offer to lick the floor of the Astoria clean, post-gig, you bet. ;)
  • Options
    i know man... he;s slacking isnt he ;)

Pinion.. i liked your website... Finsbury, whom i believe is coming now, is a man of words... you'll get on well with him

your photos are excellent... :)

yes he is....come on Scot, Shmike needs info ;)

and thx, dunkman.... :D but then you should know I´m not a "man" :p
  • Options
    I Scot IDI Scot ID Posts: 275
    Hahaha, don't doubt ScotinAmsterdam, he'll have pdf itineraries sent to us all if you want one!

Welcome in board Shmike, more the merrier!

So far (roughly) the plan is to meet in a pub called the Royal George which is very near the astoria around 3pm. People are arriving from all over (norway, germany...) and so at different times. Many of us are staying at the Farrington travelodge too.

The gig has an earier start than usual (6pm doors i think). There will be an eventual plan posted soon enough so dont stray too far.

Congratulations on the tickets by the way!
  • Options
    I Scot IDI Scot ID Posts: 275
    Pinon is a.......Girl?
  • Options
    I Scot ID wrote:
    Many of us are staying at the Farrington travelodge too.

just to let folk be aware if they are searching for this accommodation its spelled FARRINDON wit a D not Farrington wit a T

http://www.travelodge.co.uk/find_a_hotel/hotel/hotel_id/270/LondonFarringdon

not being all pickernickity or anything but just incase anyone was not having luck with searching for Farrington! :cool:

i just checked and there are still rooms available for £26 but if they do run out London Islington has offers for £26 also... just 0.2 mile further along the way thats all :)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    pinon wrote:
    and thx, dunkman.... :D but then you should know I´m not a "man" :p

thats alright ;) i wont hold it against you...so to speak

i meant "man" as in the old hippie terminology.... wow man far out

i wasnt casting aspersions ;)
  • Options
    i got lucky and managed to get tickets when they went on sale to the public.

add me to the list... i'm a long time fan who has never seen them live before. i'll be taking my very good friend and fellow board member stonesgstring ;) we're staying at the farrington travel lodge wednesday and thursday night.

so... where are we all meeting/drinking?! :D
    20.04.06, 23.08.06, 27.08.06, 14.09.06, 16.09.06, 17.09.06, 19.09.06, 20.09.06, 18.06.07
  • Options
    those of you who are going... who are you? tell me about yourselves?

i can't wait to meet you all ad hopefully make some new friends!!
    20.04.06, 23.08.06, 27.08.06, 14.09.06, 16.09.06, 17.09.06, 19.09.06, 20.09.06, 18.06.07
  • Options
    shahrilshahril Posts: 288

im malaysian. im called an elitist back home..lol..but over here not by any means.

studying in uni.

hardcore pearl jam fan for about 5 years..casual for a few yrs b4 that. binaural did it for me.
    relishing the opportunity to catch them this time since where i come from theyre probably never going to visit. so yeah in many ways this is it for me. make or break.

wouldn it be weird to meet a bunch of people that u 'hang out' with every single day..but never actually met or spoke to. funny how this board works.

but yeah im guessing itll be good fun... ;)
    I've seen so many people try and copy Eddie Vedder's voice. It's as if if you don't sound like him you're not a man. - Emmett Roslan

http://theshahril.blogspot.com

London 20/04/2006
  • Options
    defstevedefsteve Posts: 77
    Me and the wife travelling down on National Express. £2 more than megabus but times were more friendly.

Staying at the Farringdon on the Thursday for £26.

Sorted.
    1992 - 3/2 Southend Esplanade, 4/2 London Borderline, 21/2 Manchester International II, 25/2 Nottingham Rock City, 26/2 Birmingham Edwards No.8, 27/2 Bradford Queens Hall, 28/2 London ULU, 6/6 London Finsbury Park
    2000 - 4/6 Manchester Evening News Arena
    2006 - 20/4 London Astoria, 25/8 Leeds Festival
    2009 - 17/8 Manchester Evening News Arena
    2010 - 25/6 Hard Rock Calling
    2012 - 20/6 Manchester Arena, 21/6 Manchester Arena, EV 28/7 Manchester Apollo
    2014 - 8/7 Leeds Arena, 11/7 Milton Keynes
    2018 - 18/6 London O2 Arena, 19/6 London O2 Arena, 14/7 NOS Alive
    2022 - 8/7 Hyde Park, 9/7 Hyde Park
  • Options
    einatshauleinatshaul Posts: 2,219
    i dont know the total fan list thus far

but

Dunk
    Heineken Helen (+mate(s)?)
    Scot(inAmsterdam + mate)
    Pinion
    Shahril + (mate)
    Einat (+partner?)
    I Scot ID (?)

can someone else do this please... i'm shit at Admin :o

Einat+Tali, and don't forget blue_rain who suggested the royal george and her partner to! we're a big bunch now
  • Options
    einatshaul wrote:
    Einat+Tali, and don't forget blue_rain who suggested the royal george and her partner to! we're a big bunch now

awwww seriously now... can somebody else update the list :o i nominate ScotinAmsterdam as then he can edit and show it on the first page of this rather sumptious thread :cool:

i need seconders on that nomination please :)

sorry Scot_I_A...

so far its

Dunk
    ScotinAmsterdam + mate
    Pinon
    Shahril + mate
    Einat + Tali
    I Scot ID
    Ross (ReleaseMe)+ Naomi
    nik? (hey nik... one post at start of thread, you still meeting up?)
    ScratchinALetter (one post at start of thread, you still meeting up?)
    Riot_Rain + Karen
    UK Dave (one post 2nd page of thread, you still meeting up?)
    WASTEID (+ ?)
    DEMON CLEANER ?
    DefSteve + missus
    Chumfatty + 1
    FinsburyParkCarrots + ?
    Shmike + his son
    given to fly + ?
    blue rain + psycosmic

Royal George from anything from 2pm onwards then?
    most are sorting accommodation... cheapest and nearest is Farringdon

if any of the guys on here are in the "All Photos No Chat" thread lets post a link so that people will be able to recognise each other... obviously the checked lumberjack shirts a la grunge era will give us all away but its nice to put a face to a name

Heres one of me with the youngest member of the Clan :)

Maisy and Daddy
  • Options
    oh! sweet Maisy :)

I'm so excited about this I'd love to do the name list and all, but today I really really need to get back to paying attention to my studies or else this whole degree thing will be flushed...
  • Options
    thats alright ;) i wont hold it against you...so to speak

i meant "man" as in the old hippie terminology.... wow man far out

i wasnt casting aspersions ;)

I gathered as much, was just making "conversation" ;)

and
    I_Scot_ID
    Pinon is a.......Girl?

hope that isn´t a problem :p I can both behave and hold my liqour :D
  • Options

I can't contain myself either… meaning: I'm driving everyone around me crazy with Pearl Jam this and Pearl Jam that… (they had me at VS… then I herd Ten).
    I'm 25, I'm a grad student (communications) at Haifa University, Israel… but that is a miniscule segment of my life right now… I should be making money by being on this pit all day!
    I also teach at Uni… feel like slacking and teaching them the words to my favorite Jams…
    Anyway I managed to get the tickets to my surprise and shock through the public sale on the phone and been screaming ever since
    Now my good friend Tali who loves London – now loves PJ, once you are properly exposed you cannot help your self, can you?

We'll be arriving at Heathrow around 13:15, how long do you gather it would take us to hurry to the oxford hostel, throw our bags there and get to the bar?
  • Options
    awwww seriously now... can somebody else update the list :o i nominate ScotinAmsterdam as then he can edit and show it on the first page of this rather sumptious thread :cool:

i need seconders on that nomination please :)

sorry Scot_I_A...

so far its

Dunk
    ScotinAmsterdam + mate
    Pinion
    Shahril + mate
    Einat + Tali
    I Scot ID
    Ross (ReleaseMe)+ Naomi
    Riot_Rain (+ ? )
    WASTEID (+ ?)
    DEMON CLEANER ?
    DefSteve + missus
    Chumfatty + 1
    FinsburyParkCarrots + ?
    Shmike + his son
    given to fly + ?

Royal George from anything from 2pm onwards then?
    most are sorting accommodation... cheapest and nearest is Farringdon

if any of the guys on here are in the "All Photos No Chat" thread lets post a link so that people will be able to recognise each other... obviously the checked lumberjack shirts a la grunge era will give us all away but its nice to put a face to a name

Heres one of me with the youngest member of the Clan :)

Maisy and Daddy

im not big on pics but i have one on the blog. (and yes im promoting it at the same time so shut it)
    I've seen so many people try and copy Eddie Vedder's voice. It's as if if you don't sound like him you're not a man. - Emmett Roslan

London 20/04/2006
  • Options
    einatshaul wrote:
    I also teach at Uni… feel like slacking and teaching them the words to my favorite Jams…

now thats real education.

London 20/04/2006
  • Options
    shahril wrote:
    now thats real education.

That's right! I love how you've described them in your blog

people, you must see this map thing, it's cool, put yourselfs on it!
    if you look realy hard, I'm out there stuck in the middle east...

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=148528
  • Options
    einatshaul wrote:
    We'll be arriving at Heathrow around 13:15, how long do you gather it would take us to hurry to the oxford hostel, throw our bags there and get to the bar?

Einat... you might seriously want to question your accommodation

is it Oxford, the city, you're staying at? do you mean Oxford Street, London?

if its Oxford the city then its about 55 miles from Oxford to the Astoria... which with london traffic/trains will take an hour or so!! if its Oxford Street then you'll be absolutely fine :cool:

Oxford to London on a map
  • Options
    Yep! Oxford Street, London

wanted to be right where the action is! :)
    so how long from heathrow?
  • Options
    einatshaul wrote:
    Yep! Oxford Street, London

wanted to be right where the action is! :)
    so how long from heathrow?

ahhhh that makes more sense

here take a look at this

seems like its about 35mins away (by car?) although i expect you'll be getting the train

http://tinyurl.com/ng49w
  • Options
    Riot_RainRiot_Rain Posts: 348
    einatshaul wrote:

Here, I can help.

If you land at 1315, you'll have your baggage by 1345 and you could be on a train to London at about 1400. Now there are 2 options:

The Heathrow Express. Expensive and quick, it only takes 20 minutes to get to London.

The Heathrow Connect. A bit less expensive and a bit slower. From Hayes & Harlington it is a stopping service. It should still only take about 35 minutes to get to London.

You can buy train tickets online, but you can also buy them on the day, at the airport.

In London, you'll arrive at Paddington. Take the Bakerloo Line to Oxford Circus, you won't have to change and it'll take about 15 minutes. (If there aren't any delays)

Why I know all this? I live a stone's throw from Heathrow and commute to London every day :D

About the venues: The Royal George sounds good to me!

About the list: it'll be me and Karen, my girlfriend.

See you soon!!!!
    Like a cloud dropping rain
    I'm discarding all thought
    I'll dry up, leaving puddles on the ground
    I'm like an opening band for the sun
  • Options
    blue_rainblue_rain London Posts: 163
    Dunk
    ScotinAmsterdam + mate
    Pinon
    Shahril + mate
    Einat + Tali
    I Scot ID
    Ross (ReleaseMe)+ Naomi
    Riot_Rain (+ ? )
    WASTEID (+ ?)
    DEMON CLEANER ?
    DefSteve + missus
    Chumfatty + 1
    FinsburyParkCarrots + ?
    Shmike + his son
    given to fly + ?

Yes, I'll be around with psycosmic from this board. There isn't much to say about me really. If I say that I'm tall with long dark hair and I'll be wearing blue, you will know who I am. I say that before every PJ show and people spot me.. so I hope it works this time!

Here is my Pearl Jam photo group at flickr:
    http://www.flickr.com/groups/pearljam/

If you're on myspace, add me:
    http://www.myspace.com/secretlifeoflola
    "Is my band ready to kick it?" Stone Gossard

28/Oct/96, 29/May/00, 04/Jun/00, 28/Jun/00, 30/Jun/00, 02/Jul/03, 03/Jul/03, 05/Jul/03, 08/Jul/03, 09/Jul/03, 20/Apr/06, 27/Aug/06, 09/Sep/06, 13/Sep/06, 12/Jun/07, 13/Jun/07, 18/Jun/07, 26/Jun/07, 28/Jun/07, 02/Apr/08 (Ed), 03/Apr/08 (Ed), 11/Aug09, 13/Aug/09, 17/Aug/09, 18/Aug/09, 25/Jun/10
  • Options
    shmikeshmike Posts: 216
    Trying to find cheapest way to get to London from Cumbria...its £146 by rail...!!

Bus is too much hassle as they dont depart from anywhere near me. So have more or less decided to drive early Thursday.

I realise it will cost me £8 toll into London (unless I arrive before 0630). Our hotel is down Oxford street somewhere, and I was wondering if anyone has some secret parking tips to keep the costs down a little?

Maybe you have a hotel with free parking that you are not using?

anyone?
    Living the dream in 2006 - Astoria, Reading & Prague
    And 2007 - Wembley

With alchohol in leaf and tree it must be natures plan, for there to be to some degree...alchohol in man
  • Options
    shmike wrote:
    Trying to find cheapest way to get to London from Cumbria...its £146 by rail...!!

I'm getting the train from Carlisle... total cost for me is only £54 :eek:

http://www.trainline.co.uk

don't put it in as a return ticket... the best thing is called an Advance Saver ticket.. what you do is book two Single Journeys... my one way to london from carlisle cost £18 all in and London-Carlisle is £36 just because its a Friday

see also http://www.virgintrains.co.uk/buy_tickets/default.aspx and click on the box that says Virgin Value... it usually always cheaper to buy it as 2 single journeys

see how you go!
  • Options
    I Scot ID wrote:
    ae luck ScotinAmsterdam, you're now "meeting administrator"

So as not offend anyone with my sweraing I've turned my response into an acronym:

FYYWFP. IYFTIFDATFSWIHFBIFMTFGT, YGAFTCYWFC!

And if that doesn't sum iit up nothing will!
  • Options
    Okay - sorry I'm in Montreux at a conference.
    I'm currently looking at this:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/furbyx4/121770043/

I'm kind of busy sometimes... That's me up to date with the thread.

If you want anythign else added to the first post, PM me and I'll gladly do it.

As for PDF's??? We'll see how bored I get in the next 17 days.